"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2017

The Stonemason promo of getting 10% off the entire order with the purchase of one of the new items in that sale, is not working with the stores in today's promo. It's not taking anything off. Nothing I have in the cart is a new release from that store. (Muse store.) I have Z Sitting Poses from the Stonemason sale in my cart as the new release. 

Edit- I tested to see if putting one item from today's promo would mess that up (apply the 10% from the Stonemason promo) and the answer is no. It still didn't apply the 10% off.

Post edited by Novica on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

The Stonemason promo of getting 10% off the entire order with the purchase of one of the new items in that sale, is not working with the stores in today's promo. It's not taking anything off. Nothing I have in the cart is a new release from that store. (Muse store.) I have Z Sitting Poses from the Stonemason sale in my cart as the new release. 

Edit- I tested to see if putting one item from today's promo would mess that up (apply the 10% from the Stonemason promo) and the answer is no. It still didn't apply the 10% off.

I'm sorry, Novica. You need TWO new releases from the Stonemason promo to trigger the 10%... I really, really hate this new trend of requiring multiple new release purchases to trigger further discounts. By the time one qualifies for the extra discounts, there's nothing left in the coffers to take advantage of the deal!

I'll go back and look, I have two different pages open of carts I'm testing. I'll have to go see what belongs in what sale. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll see if that's the issue. 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Too many items for entry into that sale for me. I'll be over in the Poser flash sale. 80% off is too hard to resist...

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919
    Llynara said:

Too many items for entry into that sale for me. I'll be over in the Poser flash sale. 80% off is too hard to resist...

Seems to be a little broken. I cannot get De Roca Hair to give the 80% discount even tho it's in the sale.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

The Casga outfit and the Sacred Rouge outfit don't get the discount either.

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

The 80%off sale requires one new release to trigger discount, fyi wink

edited May 2017

I wonder if this latest tactic of requiring x amount of purchasing new items to get discounts on old(er) ones will pan out. To me, it means a smart shopper doesn't buy right away, and DAZ loses impulse sales. I think three reasons why I don't buy right away:
    1. because it takes so much money to buy two or more things, I have to budget my money. So I wonder what the next day will be offering

2. because some sales are buy a new release, triggering the discount, you need to keep a new release handy to get that. (Because if the sale is too specific (aka, only the new releases for that day trigger the discount) then that restricts buyers/limits sales.) 

3. because some of these sales actually penalize people who buy early. Case in point- I got 20% off gift cards instead of just 10% because I didn't buy the three add-ons for the new character the day of release. While DAZ may do this on purpose (encouraging people to buy who hadn't) is it really good business to possibly tick off the people who support you and buy the day of release? Some people won't care, I can only speak for myself- it's irritating to get a better deal the VERY NEXT DAY if I had waited- so I don't buy anything quickly anymore, and it definitely has curbed ALL impulse buying. 

And marketing may say, "Well, look at all the people now buying those add-ons the second day!" but they need to pop over to Support and see all the (hopefully) filed tickets flooding those poor workers for price adjustments/canceled orders. (if the price is lower within 30 days, they honor the better price.) Second, they only see the purchases- they do NOT see what we don't put in our carts because we got burned the previous day- how the memory of filing support ticket after support ticket for adjustments deters us from putting things in our cart as we think, "Is this the best deal, or will it be better tomorrow?" 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017

Moderators-never mind, refreshed the page..

Post edited by Novica on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Just to clarify, I've got a new item in my cart, and another item of the sale got the correct discount, but not the other two.

So - not buying anything today.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited May 2017

Novica, my purchases are WAY down... for most of the reasons you cite. 

The barrier to entry for discount on items I do want is either, too high, or for items I don't want, or a combination of both, too high for things I don't want. 

I'm finding myself speculating that the prices have all climbed up, and ATI's plugin confirms that. My total actual list value of my library and the total current price of my library have all soared, and discounts have become less deep. 

Being able to see the price history, I'm not willing to pay much more than the historical low for most items, with the knowledge that the actual historical low might have been even lower still with stacking discounts. So what I find is that when a particular item goes into Flash sale and is near the historical low, I'll grab it. Roads and Rails finally hit that sweet spot for me. 

But it means less overall and less impulse, "that is just a great deal," purchases for me. 

FaceGen Pro is going to probably have to wait until Black Friday or Cyber Monday, and only then if they've got an incredible deal on it - and the longer I look at my wish list, the more I decide items in there don't really need to become items in my content library.  

I feel like DAZ is testing what the market will bear and probably having conversations with the PAs on the data they're gathering. 

Post edited by donovancolbert on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

It'll be interesting to see what effect the just-announced closure of YurDigital will have on the market...

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Being able to see the price history, I'm not willing to pay much more than the historical low for most items, with the knowledge that the actual historical low might have been even lower still with stacking discounts.

Keep in mind that -- as the title of this thread suggests ;) -- there are occasional glitches in the store. Some of the historical prices represent such glitches that may have only lasted a few hours or even just a few minutes.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    Novica said:

I wonder if this latest tactic of requiring x amount of purchasing new items to get discounts on old(er) ones will pan out.

Indeed. I can't think of any other store on earth, online or off, where I'm interested enough to have got into the habit of looking in every day to see what's new, rather than visiting only when I know I need or want something and picking up a few impulse purchases alongside. Not even the stores where I buy the food I eat or the real life items that fill my home. Daz's 'get it all cheaper while it's hot' introductory discounts and constant sales have probably had a lot to do with that.

'Get it cheaper when it's gone off the boil if bought together with new products you're not that wild about' doesn't have the same appeal! :)

Nath said:

It'll be interesting to see what effect the just-announced closure of YurDigital will have on the market...

Oh, no! I missed that. They must have just announced it, because I was shopping over there the other day.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Novica, my purchases are WAY down... for most of the reasons you cite. 

The barrier to entry for discount on items I do want is either, too high, or for items I don't want, or a combination of both, too high for things I don't want. 

I'm finding myself speculating that the prices have all climbed up, and ATI's plugin confirms that. My total actual list value of my library and the total current price of my library have all soared, and discounts have become less deep. 

Being able to see the price history, I'm not willing to pay much more than the historical low for most items, with the knowledge that the actual historical low might have been even lower still with stacking discounts. So what I find is that when a particular item goes into Flash sale and is near the historical low, I'll grab it. Roads and Rails finally hit that sweet spot for me. 

But it means less overall and less impulse, "that is just a great deal," purchases for me. 

FaceGen Pro is going to probably have to wait until Black Friday or Cyber Monday, and only then if they've got an incredible deal on it - and the longer I look at my wish list, the more I decide items in there don't really need to become items in my content library.  

I feel like DAZ is testing what the market will bear and probably having conversations with the PAs on the data they're gathering. 

Same here. My cost total has jumped.
    There was one G3 item that I've been wanting, just waiting for a discount. (G3? So it can't be that old)
    The original price was either $34.99 or $39.99.
    It went on sale not long ago, but the list price was $69.00!
    I can't afford to buy much at today's prices.

Llynara said:
    Nath said:

Oh, no! I missed that. They must have just announced it, because I was shopping over there the other day.

I think it was only announced today - so I bought the last two PICK modules I didn't have and picked up a few freebies.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,150
    edited May 2017

Never shopped there. Just had a look but lots of stuff which is available over there seems to be on sale as well at Rendo? At least Humbug for example.

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on
    Novica said:

I wonder if this latest tactic of requiring x amount of purchasing new items to get discounts on old(er) ones will pan out.

Indeed. I can't think of any other store on earth, online or off, where I'm interested enough to have got into the habit of looking in every day to see what's new, rather than visiting only when I know I need or want something and picking up a few impulse purchases alongside. Not even the stores where I buy the food I eat or the real life items that fill my home. Daz's 'get it all cheaper while it's hot' introductory discounts and constant sales have probably had a lot to do with that.

'Get it cheaper when it's gone off the boil if bought together with new products you're not that wild about' doesn't have the same appeal! :)

So true! The beautiful promos, great products and innovative sales keep me coming back every day, glitches and all. I don't know of any other place like DAZ. laugh

And yes, DAZ makes the grocery store look REALLY boring by comparison (and Amazon too!)

Nath said:
    Llynara said:
    Nath said:

I think it was only announced today - so I bought the last two PICK modules I didn't have and picked up a few freebies.

How is PICK? The entire bundle is $29. Does it look decent in DAZ? Some of the promo pics look very old, so I'm not sure about that one. I saw there's one DAZ version (the scifi set, called DSick) but again, looks kind of old compared to what's available here. 

edited May 2017

Never shopped there. Just had a look but lots of stutt which is available over there seems to be on sale as well at Rendo? At least Humbug for example.

I stumbled across it in a web search. There are some really unique items over there. I found this guy and had to pick him up: https://www.daz3d.com/galleryimage/image/281901/prince-of-moonlight_full.jpg

That's SRC Bleid the Elvin Battle Mage for M4. Love that skin! 

Post edited by Llynara on
    Llynara said:

Never shopped there. Just had a look but lots of stutt which is available over there seems to be on sale as well at Rendo? At least Humbug for example.

I stumbled across it in a web search. There are some really unique items over there. I found this guy and had to pick him up: https://www.daz3d.com/galleryimage/image/281901/prince-of-moonlight_full.jpg

That's SRC Bleid the Elvin Battle Mage for M4. Love that skin! 

Niice...

M4 has still got it going on! I just wish I could get the recent clothing on him. I don't think there are any converters that go back that far, so it's hit or miss. There's a G3 for Genesis, I haven't tried that one on M4 yet.

Llynara said:
    Nath said:
    Llynara said:
    Nath said:

How is PICK? The entire bundle is $29. Does it look decent in DAZ? Some of the promo pics look very old, so I'm not sure about that one. I saw there's one DAZ version (the scifi set, called DSick) but again, looks kind of old compared to what's available here. 

You'd have to put everything into place by hand; materials are mc6. If I use it, I set up the room in Poser and import the file in Studio.

Tbh, I'm not sure if it's worth getting the set for use in Studio exclusively, though ymmv. It was a great tool when it came out, but it is showing its age now; a new placement script for Studio might make it useful again, but unfortunately writing something like that is beyond me.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    Nath said:

Well that sucks! I always liked their site, quality content and very easy to navigate (loads fast also). I always wished they would grow and become bigger, guess not now. I also believe variety and competition is a very good thing. Was bummed when RDNA got bought up. Off to see if there are any items I need before they close.

Nath said:
    Llynara said:
    Nath said:
    Llynara said:
    Nath said:

You'd have to put everything into place by hand; materials are mc6. If I use it, I set up the room in Poser and import the file in Studio.

Tbh, I'm not sure if it's worth getting the set for use in Studio exclusively, though ymmv. It was a great tool when it came out, but it is showing its age now; a new placement script for Studio might make it useful again, but unfortunately writing something like that is beyond me.

Sadly, I think you're right. I love the concept, but we have some very good construction kits here. I think I'm better off going with things that are designed for DAZ and more modern. Thanks for your opinion on that. Sometimes it's just hard to tell from promos. I've bought some stuff even here that really surprised me (both good and bad) when I rendered it. Usually they are good surprises, thankfully!

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

Oops, lots of new stuff has lost new discounts.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2017

Need details please, as I am not seeing this.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Chohole said:

Need details please, as I am not seeing this.

Seems to be working correctly now.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Novica said:

I wonder if this latest tactic of requiring x amount of purchasing new items to get discounts on old(er) ones will pan out. To me, it means a smart shopper doesn't buy right away, and DAZ loses impulse sales. I think three reasons why I don't buy right away:
    1. because it takes so much money to buy two or more things, I have to budget my money. So I wonder what the next day will be offering

2. because some sales are buy a new release, triggering the discount, you need to keep a new release handy to get that. (Because if the sale is too specific (aka, only the new releases for that day trigger the discount) then that restricts buyers/limits sales.) 

3. because some of these sales actually penalize people who buy early. Case in point- I got 20% off gift cards instead of just 10% because I didn't buy the three add-ons for the new character the day of release. While DAZ may do this on purpose (encouraging people to buy who hadn't) is it really good business to possibly tick off the people who support you and buy the day of release? Some people won't care, I can only speak for myself- it's irritating to get a better deal the VERY NEXT DAY if I had waited- so I don't buy anything quickly anymore, and it definitely has curbed ALL impulse buying. 

And marketing may say, "Well, look at all the people now buying those add-ons the second day!" but they need to pop over to Support and see all the (hopefully) filed tickets flooding those poor workers for price adjustments/canceled orders. (if the price is lower within 30 days, they honor the better price.) Second, they only see the purchases- they do NOT see what we don't put in our carts because we got burned the previous day- how the memory of filing support ticket after support ticket for adjustments deters us from putting things in our cart as we think, "Is this the best deal, or will it be better tomorrow?" 

Im pretty much with you on this.

I mean if I miss out on a deal... well this thread title says it all. The same for gift card sales; i get them when: 1) I need the credit. 2) They are at my minimum discount.

Minimum discount is affected by how much I have to purchase - irrespective of if I want the items or not.

Otherwise, well I keep my cash.

This discussion has been closed.