Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VI

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    AndyS said:

Hi,

I just played around with the props of the Lighting Collection product.
    Using the torches as the "only" real light source in the set was not the best idea. To let their light lighting the environment I had to set the tonemapping that way, so the flames of the torches were way too much overlighted. The color and individual structure got lost.

So I deceided to use small cylinders as ghostlights to amplify the brightness of the flames. That way it was possible to see the individual structure of the flames while having enough light to make the environment clearly visible.

Hope you like it.

...nice effect.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

This one has the Carefree hair as well. I had fun setting up this scene and playing with textures. 

That's very nice!

Thank you! :D I retextured everything but the back walls. I enjoyed trying to get kind of a monochorme look but heavy on the textures. I really like the character too - it's G2F made by the FaceGen demo. I think that program is really cool in getting a bit more realistic looking faces. 

Thank you again for the feedback! You put a big smile on my face! :)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited March 2017
    AndyS said:

Hi,

Using the torches as the "only" real light source in the set was not the best idea. To let their light lighting the environment I had to set the tonemapping that way, so the flames of the torches were way too much overlighted. The color and individual structure got lost.

So I deceided to use small cylinders as ghostlights to amplify the brightness of the flames. That way it was possible to see the individual structure of the flames while having enough light to make the environment clearly visible.

Hope you like it.

Nice work - I like the lighting! :D Very warm and realistic. 

One trick I like to use when rendering multiple fire props/flames, is to rotate some of the flames and make slight changes with the xyz sliders so that the flames aren't all exactly the same. It gives a little more realism to the fire. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Brugan said:

Fun with face sliders :)

Lots of fun!

• Hang on Bear Bear!

Horror movie for parents. Sadly, when I was that age, I was hardly any wiser. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,892

Really really like that one, Aaráribel.

• Really really like that one, Aaráribel.

Thanks, Will

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

...very nice indeed.

• Thanks!

• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 262
    edited March 2017

PC Weekly Contest: laugh

d019.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1M
    Post edited by nohiznguyen on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable

imageimageShe cute.

• PC Weekly Contest: laugh

Very nice. I love the colors and composition.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156

very nice render indeed

• RagazzineRagazzine Posts: 99
    kyoto kid said:
    Ragazzine said:

Knittingmommy said: Well, she's adorably cute!  I'm a terrible judge of age, but she looks like a young pre-teen or young teen to me.  You did a great job with her.

Thank you Knittingmommy.  You could be right about the age being a year or two less than my target. Young teen  ~13 yo or so is where I was aiming so maybe I will try again.  I like however so I'll keep her.

kyoto kid said:  ...very well done.  Love the freckled skin. She definitely has that youthful look.

I've spent a lot of time since the Gen4 days trying to perfect younger characters for my story and I am very impressed with this.

Hi praise indeed. Thank you.  I find one of the big problems is getting a suitable texture. Girls skin texture is usually fine-pored and for obvious reasons we only get skin from women at least twice the age of a younger person. Some work better than others.

...Zev0 released a skin merchant resource for use with the Growing Up morphs that are more suitable for younger characters. Don't have it yet as it's a rather expensive and I'm on a tight budget.

http://www.daz3d.com/growing-up-skin-merchant-resource-bundle-for-genesis-3

For now I've been using the Josie 7 base skin in connection with Beautiful Skins for G3F and a lot of playing around with surface channels. Still need tpo wait for Skin Builder Pro 3 so she can have freckles again (only have overlays for Gen4 that won't work because of the change in skin mapping with G3)..

Good points Kyoto Kid. I have both and have used both. The Zev0 one is probably the best but as it is meant to be a merchant resource it is a little bland. Up to me to add a few freckles or moles I know.  I do like the Josie 7 and the SSFW Tenshi for G3F skins too.

• JeffGJeffG Posts: 118
    j cade said:

I've been so productive at finishing renders this week! I have a new favorite character and I've been inspired. I love her face so much.

Also the texture that came with V6 HD remains one of my favorites of all time

and if you're wondering the dress was made made and draped in blender

This is astounding. Would you be willing to share some of the technical details of your render? (I.E. SSS settings, lighting setup, or whatever you thing is important.)

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434
    AndyS said:

Nice work - I like the lighting! :D Very warm and realistic. 

One trick I like to use when rendering multiple fire props/flames, is to rotate some of the flames and make slight changes with the xyz sliders so that the flames aren't all exactly the same. It gives a little more realism to the fire. :)

Thank you. smiley

The flames of the Lighting Collection have some morphs to set them "alive". Currently I didn't use it.
    And first I created the torches as instances. - Of cause there're no individual "posings" possible.

The rework of the set, including some changes for creating easy "on/off" H.Material(s) presets was a lot of annoying effort.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Nahara

Presenting Nahara. Her name is a Hebrew name and it means "Light". She is based of Selene's preset so I guess their sisters with Nahara looking like the older one to me. Same skin as Selene too but different eyes. I really like Nahara's blue eyes.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/319121

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279
    edited March 2017

Detective This is a dark scene

Detective 0.jpg
    1910 x 1001 - 655K
    Post edited by Robert Freise on

Monochrome Version

Detective Monochrome.jpg
    1910 x 1001 - 629K
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Who did frame Roger Rabbit, anyway (never saw it)? That's the Eldritch Seeker set from Luthbel, no? One of my all-time favorites. I like the shadow she's casting.

- Greg

Yes it is the Eldritch Seeker

and spoiler the judge did it

• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 262
    edited March 2017

Mattymanxaaráribel caađoIvy: tks guys! smiley

Madness Destroyer  lol laugh

d020.jpg
    1560 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by nohiznguyen on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874
    edited March 2017
    ProtoXT07pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 257K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,941
    edited March 2017

Hang on Bear Bear!

Horror movie for parents. Sadly, when I was that age, I was hardly any wiser. 

Or parent-aged people, as I find this has incredible tension for me; it's an excellent, and very compelling image, I especially love the outstanding composition, and yes the title is well chosen!

Thankfully, we can make up our own ending!laugh

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

More Femme Fatale

La Femme Fatale 000.jpg
    1910 x 1001 - 1M
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,892

This took sooo much work.

I'm still debating doing something like this with geografts, but it looks likely I'd have to completely redo the rigging on the arms and oh my, that... no.

Another option is doing some sort of extensive morph for Genesis 3, which at least has toes fully rigged, make some sort of hand-like foot.

The biggest problem is clothing. The groin/rear is all wacky with intersection, and any attempt to fit something to the lower figure just messes up at the neck, so I had to place and pose pants.

As for 'whyyyy,' it's a somewhat recurring idea in scifi that humans who spend most of their lives in microgravity might be served by genetic alteration to have four arms rather than wasteful legs just dangling uselessly.

Quadman.png
    1334 x 2160 - 3M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874
    edited March 2017

Another Prototype...

Annora10pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 223K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Great motion on this.

Artini said:

•  

Or parent-aged people, as I find this has incredible tension for me; it's an excellent, and very compelling image, I especially love the outstanding composition, and yes the title is well chosen!

Thankfully, we can make up our own ending!laugh

Thanks! I hope you make up a happy ending. The one where the bear ends up a pile of stuff isn't pretty.

• Love the shatter effect, plus the reflections on the letters. Very cool

Madness Destroyer  lol laugh

This discussion has been closed.