edited November 2018
    Fishtales said:

A Nice Hot Cuppa

Nice 

Thank you.

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • RafmerRafmer Posts: 564
    L'Adair said:

Here's another one using Iray Storm, with rain, fog and lightning, all from the product. (In this one, @Oso3D, I have the camera at one end of the grids, with only the closest section of rain visible, and two sections of the fog.)

I did this with the Beta, but I didn't use the Denoiser. I also stopped the render at 500 samples. It's usually typical for me to run a dark image for 15K samples, but the details are softened by the presence of the rain and fog, and I actually liked a bit of grain in the image. It left me with the impression of even more rain.

Grimwood Manor

Grimwood Manor, by L'Adair

Really nice use of the product! Great render!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    L'Adair said:

Here's another one using Iray Storm, with rain, fog and lightning, all from the product. (In this one, @Oso3D, I have the camera at one end of the grids, with only the closest section of rain visible, and two sections of the fog.)

I did this with the Beta, but I didn't use the Denoiser. I also stopped the render at 500 samples. It's usually typical for me to run a dark image for 15K samples, but the details are softened by the presence of the rain and fog, and I actually liked a bit of grain in the image. It left me with the impression of even more rain.

Grimwood Manor

Reminds me of the NetFlix series "The Haunting of Hill House" which I've seen TWICE it was so good!  Love the render!  

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

The venerable Cloud City, plus Brain eater and Iray Storm (I replaced the upper fog with the fog system, kept the lower ground fog)

Cloud City Defender.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 209K
  • NY Rain

NY Rain.jpg
    2045 x 951 - 1M
    NY Rain (bw).jpg
    2045 x 951 - 1008K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
    edited November 2018

Autumn Winds  # Gallery

using deforce wind effect node in this one for the hair, dress and leaves

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

Autumn Winds  # Gallery

Looks good but that water must have some pressure behind it to go against the wind

it was only a 10 pmh wind  :)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited November 2018
    Rafmer said:
    L'Adair said:

Grimwood Manor

Really nice use of the product! Great render!

Thank you, @Rafmer. I'm definitely loving Iray Storm.

RAMWolff said:

Reminds me of the NetFlix series "The Haunting of Hill House" which I've seen TWICE it was so good!  Love the render!  

Thank you, @RAMWolff.

We don't have NetFlix, so I'm unfamiliar with the series, (but it sounds well done, if you've watched it twice!)

Ivy said:

Autumn Winds  # Gallery

Another lovely image!

Is that hair dForce, or did you use the Hair Simulation Presets product? Regardless, the hair turned out really nice.

Post edited by L'Adair on
    edited November 2018

I used the hair simulator preset on Julie hair  https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=126102

Then I added a wind node pointed it down and across  the stage and set the wind speed to 10mph   any more than that would make it all stretched out I also change the gravity setting to 1.6 to make the cloth heavier

I added deforce the leaves and they kind of started to strech out using the setting i did but it was close enough for a first time

BTW.. you can download my free enchanted woods back ground i made which is what I used for this scene  here  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/286826/8-free-enchanted-forest-back-grounds#latest

Post edited by Ivy on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,946

I said blond! not green

Love the lighting, it illustrates the form/shading very well!

• @takezo_3001 Thank you. I used Boss lights to do so.

I am really really REALLY pleased with the Solaris 1 & 2 products, with lots of modules to assemble.

Like this!

Distance hauler.png
    1300 x 1000 - 713K
  • Very nice space pic

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533
    Oso3D said:

I am really really REALLY pleased with the Solaris 1 & 2 products, with lots of modules to assemble.

Like this!

I'm playing with it now, but previewing it in IRAY is practically imposible.  I need more RAM in my computer.

edited November 2018

just another gamer girl

gamer.jpg
    667 x 1080 - 40K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited November 2018

All In a days work

some promo's for some backgrounds i've been making

All in a days work.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 303K
    All in a days work2.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 438K
    All in a days work3.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 342K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

The deer keep topping my sunflowers before they flower! Drives me bonkers!

Lunar Space Station

Luna Space Station: Solaris-1 by tkdrobert

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

very nice! the expression, pose and lighting are great!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    L'Adair said:

Grimwood Manor

Love it! You can feel the atmosphere.

Home on the range #Gallery

Been waffling between going for a more illustration style (3DL PWToon) or realist style (Iray) for a possible webcomic. Each has ups and downs.

I was doing this in 3DL, for example, and ran headlong into that old bugaboo, transmaps; what would normally render in 10 mins was looking to take 40-60. Bah.

Cantaran.png
    700 x 700 - 281K
  • LotharenLotharen Posts: 282
    edited November 2018

Interesting renders everyone!

Post edited by Lotharen on
  • LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409
    edited November 2018

The Pain Inside

Revenge makes the heart grow weaker...

I gotta say, Disconsolation Fallen has a pretty nice moody render setup.  I loaded this scene down with additional rain effect and expected it to just run forever, but at 54.38% convergance, it just kinda stopped.  5000 samples later, I hit the kill button and had to say "Good enough".  

Post edited by LosingSignal on
    Oso3D said:

Been waffling between going for a more illustration style (3DL PWToon) or realist style (Iray) for a possible webcomic. Each has ups and downs.

I was doing this in 3DL, for example, and ran headlong into that old bugaboo, transmaps; what would normally render in 10 mins was looking to take 40-60. Bah.

Personally I like for comics pwToon but I think iRay modded with Sketchy (or your own product) would be a nice sophisticated modern twist to pwToon. I think iRay is perfectly acceptable for comics if one carefully selects materials for contrast between the foreground characters and everything, including characters, in the background but then the same should be done with pwToon too. If you've ever seen Lynara's toon renders think that but with more things needed to establish the panel in the background but with materials to dull and complement the background to the complement of the primary and brighter foreground.

Mass Effect: Liara

Mass Effect: Liara by tkdrobert

nonesuch: Yeah, I think the challenge of Iray is that I have to apply really good lighting, composition, and tweak materials a bit. Partly to make characters pop, but also because in a smaller render size details can get muddy. Also, 3DL has some easy cheats to make character details pop, so it's a bit more work in Iray to do the same.

Resource saver will also help, because I can quickly zap incidental/background character into more simply shaded figures.

tkdrobert said:

Mass Effect: Liara

Mass Effect: Liara by tkdrobert

Wow, that's like those old 3 tone magazine covers from before WWII only in blue, black, & white instead of red, black, & white.

edited November 2018

Greeble cityblock and either Cassini or Vega HDRI

FotoSketcher postwork

--------------------------------------------------

Next thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/288661/show-us-your-iray-renders-part-vii

Coast City.png
    1920 x 1080 - 791K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.