Please make better jeans/pants for men

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990

This is Urban Gear.

This is probably as low-rise as its going to get. wink And I actually like it since it is an Urban style I see amongst young men where I live. Autofitting to G3M requires a lot of smoothing to get the crotch area not to distort. But I remember having problems with the crotch when it was brand new..  For some reason, there aren't any other underwear colors.  So guess all your Urbanites are wearing the same pair of fruit of the looms. It is for genesis and doesn't have much in the way of adjustments. Shoes are ordinary. Top is ordinary. The pants are just fun though.

Would like a retread of this with some better bendability in the gron area.

Do not like that style as it have sanitary drawbacks for everybody and safety drawbacks for the wearers; LOL, although the plaids and designs on the underwear are often more becoming than the pants themselves.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,329

"Sanitary drawbacks"?  Any more so than swimsuits, shorts, or skirts in any place that has restrooms and toilet paper?

nemesis10 said:

"Sanitary drawbacks"?  Any more so than swimsuits, shorts, or skirts in any place that has restrooms and toilet paper?

Yes.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,329
    nemesis10 said:

Yes.

Do explain!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582
    edited February 2017

Lets stick to the discussion of virutal clothing and how they look and fit please. I'm sure there are many who have feelings about the health or safety of certain types of clothing, but I doubt people will agree on that issue and the store is filled with clothing that might pose a trip or safety hazard if analyzed critically.

Not cutting you off, just don't see that really as the topic at hand. 

Thanks.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

Hubby gave the greenlight for me to get MD so we'll see what kind of mangled horse droppings I can come up with in the coming months for this thread. LOL. Hopefully some pants that fit my style better (meaning, less tight) :). There are some very nice ones in this thread tho.

Laurie

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,673
    edited February 2017

Since it's in fast grab, here's Urban Sport for G3M.

A rather nice pair of pants, the pockets and seams are on the texture, so that's unfortunate; but it has some nice looking wrinkles that are modeled in. It loads in with the dark texture but comes with three others. The outfit also includes shoes, a shirt, and some jewelery. I rather like these, but they seem more like lounge pants because of the cuffs on the legs. The only morph on the pants is to widen the lower legs a bit.

Urban Sport .png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

Since it's in fast grab, here's Urban Sport for G3M.

A rather nice pair of pants, the pockets and seams are on the texture, so that's unfortunate; but it has some nice looking wrinkles that are modeled in. It loads in with the dark texture but comes with three others. The outfit also includes shoes, a shirt, and some jewelery. I rather like these, but they seem more like lounge pants because of the cuffs on the legs. The only morph on the pants is to widen the lower legs a bit.

Thanks for contributing the render and your comments. We haven't had this one yet, I don't think.

I actually like that set. My character Boyd wears that fairly often, and I like the Jewelry.

Yeah, I like that one too. I think it's in my wishlist if I'm not mistaken ;)

Laurie

Ha! I took my M601 pants into Blender and tamed that crotch. I edited the post above to include the modified version.

This thread has been been pretty useful as I have been doing cloth animations in Unity and it will be be interesting if my lightweight computer can handle some like the better models of these pants and these dresses and skirts. Course the Unity editor isn't running in iRay mode when you press play. They maybe too many polygons though it doesn't hurt to try.

edited February 2017

Sophisticate Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

This is rendered with some of the addon textures. The shirt is loaded with a vest on it. The vest can be hidden with Cutout Opacity in the Surfaces pane (as shown here), but it either leaves the buttons floating in space or you also have to set button opacity to 0, which eliminates the shirt buttons. (Vest and shirt buttons are all the same surface.) There is some poke through on the pants where they go over the shoes and no targeted morph to fix it. The back pocket openings are way to low and look strange. The textures (at least this one) have painted on dirt/shadows/stains (???), like the round circle on the back of the shirt and the reddish tinting on the pants knees, butt and crotch. The fit of the pants is nice in the front, but very tight looking in the back.

G3M Sophisticate Outfit.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

This thread has been been pretty useful as I have been doing cloth animations in Unity and it will be be interesting if my lightweight computer can handle some like the better models of these pants and these dresses and skirts. Course the Unity editor isn't running in iRay mode when you press play. They maybe too many polygons though it doesn't hurt to try.

If fewer polygons is a factor, I'd definitely go for stuff by Mada or Smay. Their stuff tends to have a lower mesh density, smay's stuff uses displacement or hd meshes to add detail, Mada's use topology so sexy, if I expounded on my feelings towards it this post would get deleted for obscenity. IHKang and Luthbel/lina are slightly higher density meshes, but still lower than say Niskatez or Bobbie25.

edited February 2017
    j cade said:

If fewer polygons is a factor, I'd definitely go for stuff by Mada or Smay. Their stuff tends to have a lower mesh density, smay's stuff uses displacement or hd meshes to add detail, Mada's use topology so sexy, if I expounded on my feelings towards it this post would get deleted for obscenity. IHKang and Luthbel/lina are slightly higher density meshes, but still lower than say Niskatez or Bobbie25.

Thanks, I have plenty of Smay's models but I've never heard of Mada. I will check them out. I've been working my way to IHKang & Luthbel/ina on my wishlist be haven't gotten there yet. I think I have some models from the last two too.

Oh, should of known...I do have some of Mada's things on my wish list. Mada has so extremely pretty dresses.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited February 2017

Berlin City Spirit Fashion for Genesis 2 Male(s)

This product consists of only the pants and a sweater. There are no shoes and no belt (in spite of having belt loops). These cargo pants are definitely different. They look way too long and puddle on his shins and ankles. I guess that is the intended style. I like the wrinkles across the front below the waist. That is a detail I haven't seen on other pants. These are also not to tight in the butt. The crotch lookes BAD until I increased smoothing a lot. Not it looks OK.

G3M Berlin City Spirit for G2M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    edited February 2017

This is swimwear from  EJ Gregori

I'm including these little gem becauseit falls under the pants category loosely and good male swimwear/underwear for Genesis 3 males is tough to find.   I  love it when PA's include accessories with their characters. This swimsuit is worth its weight in gold. It has tons of morphs including ones to move the cord around. The cord supposedly can untie, at least it does in the promo. (Can't find the dial for that, but maybe I'm missing one. If you know which dial it is let me know). 

What I like about this swimsuit is that I rarely get distortion.You have a lot of morphs including sitting once so there is just lots to customize to make your swimwear look good. I believe Gregori is also on sale right now at 40 percent off if you want him, and his swimwear.

Shoes are from Cyberfit. I left them on so I didn't have to adjust the model again. Because yeah, I'm a bit lazy and don't want to reposition his feet.

gregori.png
    1400 x 1600 - 3M

Edit: Nevermind. Discoverd where the cord untied morph is- with the iray texture preset for the cords. Mystery solved.

edited February 2017

Time for School for Genesis 2 Male(s)

There is a Genesis 3 version of this product, but I don't have it. The crotch autofit is not very nice, but smoothing didn't seem to help in this case. There are no shoes with this product. There is a jacket (not shown). There are several morphs for each piece and several texture sets. I used the morph to make the pants longer.

G3M Time for School for G2M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M

This is swimwear from  EJ Gregori

I'm including these little gem becauseit falls under the pants category loosely and good male swimwear/underwear for Genesis 3 males is tough to find.   I  love it when PA's include accessories with their characters. This swimsuit is worth its weight in gold. It has tons of morphs including ones to move the cord around. The cord supposedly can untie, at least it does in the promo. (Can't find the dial for that, but maybe I'm missing one. If you know which dial it is let me know). 

What I like about this swimsuit is that I rarely get distortion.You have a lot of morphs including sitting once so there is just lots to customize to make your swimwear look good. I believe Gregori is also on sale right now at 40 percent off if you want him, and his swimwear.

Shoes are from Cyberfit. I left them on so I didn't have to adjust the model again. Because yeah, I'm a bit lazy and don't want to reposition his feet.

Nice shape in that suit.

• ButchButch Posts: 798
    edited February 2017

Just back from a brief break and catching up.  Lots of discussion about jeans and pants, but only a brief mention of shorts - regular everyday loose legged, finish above the knee, non-sport shorts don't appear to exist.  I know it's winter where most people are, but it's stinking hot here so comfy short-ish shorts are a necessity.   

Post edited by Butch on
    edited February 2017

I'm okay with it. Pants, including underwear, shorts, workoutpants and swimwear etc. Are all fine to show and discuss.

My favorite shorts are for G2M...Leighton or something like that. I'll check when I next have DS open ;).

Laurie

edited February 2017

Day by Day for Genesis 2 Male(s)

These look like pretty realistic jeans. I like the pocket positioning and the wrinkled fly. Unfortunately, all the pocket, waistband, fly, and small wrinkle details are just painted on the texture. This is the only texture that comes with the product, and I didn't buy the addon textures. Still, the artist (Daz Originals Mada Sarsa) did a good job with painting the details, I think.

I was unable to get rid of poke through on the pants where they meet the shoes, even after using morphs to shorten the pants and widen the ankles. There are also morphs to loosen other areas of the pants.

The crotch suffers from autofit distortion. Here I used a little bulge fixer from Wear Them All to try to help it a little, applied the Loosen Crotch morph,  and then increased smoothing to 31. I think that made it a lot better.

Surprisingly, the watch autofit very well. The non-Iray surfaces need to be tweaked, though. The glass of the crystal, for example, is opaque.

Edit: The painted wrikles show their downfall when the character is posed (M7 HD). The profile of the pant legs is smooth, even though the painted wrinkles imply that they should be visible in the profile. To get rid of pokethrough on the HD character, I applied a Geometry Shell to him, set the offset to 0.05 and set the Geometry Shell as the smoothing collision target.

Edit 2: I found a FitOverShoes morph in the product that I hadn't seen before. It takes care of the poke through of the shoes through the pants. I updated the images.

G3M Day by Day for G2M smoothing 31 fit over shoes 3.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    G3M Day by Day for G2M surfaces reset smoothing 31 fit over shoes 3.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Day by Day for G2M smoothing 31 fit over shoes posed 3.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M

I like the texture a lot on Day to Day. I wish there was just some modeling on those pockets. You are right about wrinkles.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,296
    edited February 2017

Butch was talking about shorts - I've been looking for cut-off male jeans for years, haven't found exactly what I have in mind yet but this is what I've found so far, on Michael 7.

Left - Jeanz (Got to get back to editing a texture to make this length cut-offs)

Middle Left - G2M Jeanz, autofits badly without upping Smoothing

Middle Right - (Freebie) M4 Enhanced Clothing - no real details

Right- Jeans - from the other site, for G3F Cross-fit to G3M. Has different length options like Jeanz

Forgot OOT Daily Shorts - second picture

Cut-off Jeans.png
    1002 x 908 - 939K
    Cut-off Jeans 2.png
    1002 x 908 - 417K
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
    3Ddreamer said:

Butch was talking about shorts - I've been looking for cut-off male jeans for years, haven't found exactly what I have in mind yet but this is what I've found so far, on Michael 7.

Left - Jeanz (Got to get back to editing a texture to make this length cut-offs)

Middle Left - G2M Jeanz, autofits badly without upping Smoothing

Middle Right - (Freebie) M4 Enhanced Clothing - no real details

Right- Jeans - from the other site, for G3F Cross-fit to G3M. Has different length options like Jeanz

Forgot OOT Daily Shorts - second picture

I like the longer middle left one.

edited February 2017

I like the darker, knee length ones. I'd rather they were a little looser tho, at least in the leg ;). Some of those are way too short IMVHO...more like Daisy Dukes on a female.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

I like the dark blue ones, but the last pair is nice too.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,296

Personally what I am looking for is ones at the length of the left hand one (or slightly longer) with the cut off ends of the right (which are too short for my tastes, but they were designed for G3F...) wink The left ones have a Daisy Dukes variant with the cut off ends but they are far too short for what I want so I didn't showcase them. I like the pocket details on the G2M Jeanz, but I agree they are too tight on the legs - not that I want tub legs either.