Please make better jeans/pants for men

15678911»

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Barbult, what lighting are you using for your tests?  

barbult said:

Here's a render of the whole Millennial Business Casual Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s) outfit, with some morphs dialed to tuck in the tie, hide the shirt bottom and hide the pants strap. This gives a less casual look to the outfit. With dressier shoes from another product, he might fit right in in most business settings. I played with surface recoloring and shaders in this render, as well as adding some chest hair from the Reds Body Hair. This character is a combination of Ivan 7 and Gwenbleiz with Elijah's skin.

I'm very happy with the way the sweater surfaces are defined. The ribbing (trim), sweater body, and sleeves are separate, so I can apply different shaders to each part to get the knit orientation going the right direction and I can put ribbing on the trim. Here I used Shader Plan Light Knits for Iray on the sweater. I used Mec4d's satin shaders on the shirt and tie.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited February 2017
    jakiblue said:

Barbult, what lighting are you using for your tests?  

I am using 012-woonwijk-lier HDRI from Aversis. It was a freebie a long time ago. There are no other lights in my scene.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited February 2017

Attitude Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

This pant has a unique fabric section in the crotch/inner leg area. The modeling on this looks excellent to me, but the texturing is less impressive. There are lots of details and wrinkles modeled in, but hardly any morphs in the pants. There is Fit Over Boots, Loosen Buttocks, and Expand All; that's it. The only texture in the product is very dark, making details difficult to see. The add on textures contain some that are "clean" and some that are "distressed". There is even a white striped one that should be easy to recolor in the Surfaces pane if you want to. That  white stripe texture looks like it has an anomaly in the texture that makes a couple stripes look wider than the others. That bugs me. It is in the texture file, but I don't know if it is intentional of not. The biggest disappointment is that the add on textures with distressing just look wrong to me. The grain of the fabric is different in the distressed area, like the artist just rotated and pasted the distressed texture on top of the pants texture. The belt loads with the pants, but can be hidden in the Surfaces pane (white stripe texture render). The necklace has a rigid node for the pendant, so that should help avoid distortion.

G3M Attitude Outfit.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Attitude Outfit add on textures.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Attitude Outfit add on textures detail PS.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Attitude Outfit add on textures white stripe no belt.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Attitude Outfit Surfaces Reset.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
  • barbult said:

Here's a render of the whole Millennial Business Casual Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s) outfit, with some morphs dialed to tuck in the tie, hide the shirt bottom and hide the pants strap. This gives a less casual look to the outfit. With dressier shoes from another product, he might fit right in in most business settings. I played with surface recoloring and shaders in this render, as well as adding some chest hair from the Reds Body Hair. This character is a combination of Ivan 7 and Gwenbleiz with Elijah's skin.

I'm very happy with the way the sweater surfaces are defined. The ribbing (trim), sweater body, and sleeves are separate, so I can apply different shaders to each part to get the knit orientation going the right direction and I can put ribbing on the trim. Here I used Shader Plan Light Knits for Iray on the sweater. I used Mec4d's satin shaders on the shirt and tie.

What character is that?  Is he a homebrewed morph?  I don't remember seeing him before, but I like him a lot!

edited February 2017
    barbult said:

What character is that?  Is he a homebrewed morph?  I don't remember seeing him before, but I like him a lot!

Quoting from the original post: "This character is a combination of Ivan 7 and Gwenbleiz with Elijah's skin."  I believe he was 50% of each character. You can see a close up of his face in my gallery. http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/300696/

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

On the whole I'd say that even if not perfect, the pants in Elijah's Pro pack are all better than average. And the shoes as well. Can make use of any of them.

JOdel said:

On the whole I'd say that even if not perfect, the pants in Elijah's Pro pack are all better than average. And the shoes as well. Can make use of any of them.

Yes, I agree.

edited February 2017

Here is a morphed and posed character with the Attitude Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s). I used shaders on the pants and shirt. The shirt shader is from PD Hand Dyed Iray Shader Presets. The pants shader is from Fabric Basics Mix and Match for Iray. The character is a mx of quite a few morphs with the FWSA Malachi skin. The head hair is Redz Real Curly and the body hair is Redz Body Hair.

Sure enough, the pendant didn't get distorted.

G3M Malachi Skin Attitude Outfit shaders character morphed posed.jpg
    1700 x 2000 - 2M
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Thanks for showing all the pants! These sets look better than past pants we've seen in bundles!

• barbult said:

Thanks, Barbult.  I must have just skimmed right over that sentence as it didn't even register.  I'll have to give that a try.   Thanks!  He's actually perfect for one of the characters in one of my stories!

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

For Recoloring, don't underestimate what you can do with some simple use of the layered image editor, either A little bit of tweaking, add an undershirt, and you can turn attitude outfit positively preppy.

The pants are going to be a goto for combining with other things for me, I really love them, they hang well, and keep hanging well no matter who they get put on.

r.png
    1200 x 1800 - 3M
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited February 2017

To be honest, I hate men's 3d Clothing. They never look good in any other position except default. Everytime you put them in a sitting position, it just goes from okay to bad. I'm trying to put GM2 in a suit in a sitting position and find that the jacket has no bend and the crotch area of the pants just turned into a wrinkled mess. No wonder there is so many female clothing, it must be so much easier to make then a man. This is where I wish Studio has a cloth room like poser. They all look good on default, but maybe we need to start seeing how well the pants works in a sitting position.

Okay, I've fixed some of the issues I was having, But still, I wish 3D men look better dressed than undressed...

Post edited by BurstAngel on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    edited February 2017

That is a good point BurstAngel, here is Streetwear, Highlander outfit (with no texture), and Mec4D pants crotch-shots

sitting.png
    1126 x 873 - 880K
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
    edited February 2017

Octavius - Currently Free in Hiro 5 Clothing and Hair Only Bundle

I got this in the weekly freebies on Daz and was surprised at how detailed it is and how well it fits to Genesis 3 Male with Wear Them All. The pants have narrow ankles to fit inside the boots. Each item (pants, shirt, etc.) has only one adjustment morph. I didn't need to use any of them in this render. He does have a pretty bad wedgie, though. The belt, straps, pouches, etc. can be hidden individually in the surfaces pane. The pants have no waistband. There is a little distortion on the straps and pouches on the belt. I imagine it might be worse in a pose. The product comes with only one 3Delight texture set, but there is a texture expansion set available in the store. Most of the details are modeled in, rather than painted on, even zippers on the gloves and rivets on the belt and straps.

It even handle poses well. Some shaders were used on some surfaces here. This is Michael 7.

G3M Octavius for Genesis Hiro 5.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    G3M Octavius for Genesis Hiro 5 Surfaces Reset.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    M7 Octavius of Genesis H5 posed sitting shaders.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 937K
    M7 Octavius of Genesis H5 posed shaders.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited February 2017

Night Out Suit - Currently Free in Hiro 5 Clothing and Hair Only Bundle

I got this in the weekly freebies on Daz. After the detailed modeling and textures of Octavius in the same bundle, I was disappointed in Night Out Suit. It has pants, shirt with tie, and jacket, but no shoes. There are no morphs that I found. The fit on G3M is doughy and distorted. The idea of the loose tie is nice and different than other things I have. The pants pockets don't look very real, more like just a bump. I didn't render the jacket, because it hid part of the pants waist, and this ia a thread about pants. When I tried it, it got distorted in the lapels, like the shirt is distorted in the pecs area. The front crotch of the pants suffers from the autofit like many products.

The 3Delight pants and jacket textures look way too shiny in an Iray render. This product comes with only one texture set, but there is an addon in the store. The tie, belt, and buckle can be hidden with the Surface pane.

G3M Night Out Suit for Genesis Hiro 5.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    edited February 2017

Leathered Up - Currently Free in Hiro 5 Clothing and Hair Only Bundle

I got this in the weekly freebies on Daz. This also comes with a jacket, but no shoes. There are a couple adjustment morphs, but nothing to help with fitting over shoes. The auto convert to G3M puts the bottom of the pants very close to the foot, so it might be difficult to fit over shoes; I haven't tried yet.

The product comes with one texture set and there is one addon set available in the store. The belt, straps, bullets, etc. can be hidden in the Surfaces pane. The waistband and frayed areas are painted on the textures.  Main wrinkles are modeled in.

G3M Leathered Up for Genesis Hiro 5 .jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Leathered Up for Genesis Hiro 5 Surfaces Reset.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
  • I really like that last pair of jeans.  They look nice.  I might have to see what they look like with some boots.  I could probably make a morph easily enough for the cuffs.  I really like that belt.

edited February 2017

Dragon Rage - Currently Free in Hiro 5 Clothing and Hair Only Bundle

I got this in the weekly freebies on Daz. It also comes with a jacket that I didn't render, because it hides the top of the pants. These pants are short, to fit in the included boots. There is no apparent opening to get into them and no details to the waist. The waist and bottom are meant to be covered by the jacket and shoes. The quilted look on some of the accessories is painted in the one included texture set. There is an addon texture set available in the store.

G3M Dragon Rage for Genesis Hiro 5.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Some of these look really good in Iray. I'm amazed at the quality of the older clothing and the morphs they have. I've been working with Generation 3 stuff and was shocked at the quality and variety. The promo pics really don't do them justice at all.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Well it's been a month and there have been some rather nice men's outfits released in that time. Any verdicts on those?

JOdel said:

Well it's been a month and there have been some rather nice men's outfits released in that time. Any verdicts on those?

Did you buy any of them? Chime in with your renders and opinion.

edited March 2017

Street Cred Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

The pockets, fly, button and belt loops are modeled in. The belt loops stick out quite a ways from the waistband, but there is no belt. The belt loops are a separate surface, so I guess you could set opacity to 0 to hide them if they stuck out causing poke through on some shirt you were using. The waistband is unusual; it is tall on the sides and dips low in the front. The back pockets look too low to me. The product has adjustment morphs to loosen areas of the pants. This comes with only one dark blue texture with darker flecks on it. There is an addon product with 4 additional textures. All the pants textures are dark and have "dirty" and or "worn out" areas.

Eddison Texture

G3M Street Cred.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Street Cred Eddison Texture.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Street Cred no Texture.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    edited March 2017

Law Enforcement Outfits for Genesis 2 and 3 Male(s)

This is a nice product with LOTS of components. The pants have modeled pockets, fly, and belt loops. It comes with a belt to go in those belt loops. This is the first product I've seen with welt pockets on the back of the pants, I think. That is a classy touch. But there are no side pockets (except the low cargo pockets). The pants have a pretty tight wedgie in the back. There are several adjustment morphs. Sadly there is no adjustment morph to reduce the size of the oversized buttons or very large shoulder patches. It comes with one texture - dark blue Police. There is a short sleeve shirt and a long sleeve shirt. There is an add on with other colors, hats, and insignia for other law enforcement organizations. I haven't tried the G2M version, but it is nice that it is for both G2M and G3M.

G3M Law Enforcement Police.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Law Enforcement no texture.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 986K
    G3M Law Enforcement Patrol texture.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
  • D OvD Ov Posts: 103

I am totally amazed ny the quality of work the creators ahve done! Any chance of seeing a retro 70's bell bottom pants for men?

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    edited September 2021
    Hi kings and queens of fashion, I would like to know if any of you know what are the jeans Jepe's M4 characters Jonah and Kenny wearing? Thank you in advance! https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/13990/i/jepes-jonah-m4-2.jpg https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/13990/i/jepes-jonah-m4-6.jpg https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/15971/i/kenny-daz-promo04.jpg
    Post edited by CHWT on