Please make better jeans/pants for men

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462

This is Jeanz, just out of the box, loaded on Michael 7.This set includes different color options, adjustments, and styles of jeans, from lowrise to high waist. Belt is removable, and you can add button-style, or make them cutoffs. No shoes were included, so because I didn't want to drop feet to the floor, I left other footwear on.

JeanZ have always been good... but there is something funky with the crotch/hip in the G3 version. It just does not look right.

I really enjoy the look of Samsil's clothes over at Renderosity. At least they are loose fitting and look like clothes actual men would wear. I've not seen any man over the age of 18 wear skinny jeans. With so little options in men's clothing, quality and versatility is extremely important. The draping in women's clothing is only just started to look good, I hope to see more quality draping in men's clothing, but I doubt it.

Buyer beware.

I own most of them. They don't pose well, at all. The materials are pretty good, but the material zones are not adequate to use alternate shaders you have to use the textures provided or create your own and even if you do with the lack of material zones you can't apply different settings to the various materials that make up the model.

THe Jordan V's are the best shoes of the bunch, the Cortez and Superstars look good, until you actually try to use them (yes, I need good shoes on my models).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    edited February 2017

Classic Trenchcoat for Genesis 3 Male(s)

This is an interesting set. At first, I didn't even realize the trenchcoat came with pants, shirt, and shoes. The pants look realistic to me. Is that even a bit of tightness across the glutes at the bottom of the pockets, or is that a texture issue? I like these pants. The only thing is, the belt is part of the pants and not loaded separately. I can hide it with the Surfaces pane, but there is no waistband under it, so it leaves holes at the top of the pants. The only morph is Loosen Fit.

G3M Gianni Skin Trenchcoat for G3M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

I used to know a boy who wore girls' jeans because he liked how they fit. And he did look damn good in them...

Just throwing that out there.

Miss you, Jon.

edited February 2017

This is Slacker Outfit.

I apologize if I copy some of the ones that Barbult has done. But I set these all to batch render, and well, it doesn't hurt to see some of them again, I guess. =-)

That's right, and I believe you are using Michael 7 body. I only used the Genesis 3 Male body, so we see another fit.

By the way, how do you batch render?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582

I use http://www.daz3d.com/batch-render-for-daz-studio-4-and-rib

This program is so easy. I just drag and drop the scene files I want and it renders away! I love setting it up and night, and letting my renders run

edited February 2017

Here is War Dog Remastered  It is by Luthbel and Quite exceellent.

wardog.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on

I used to know a boy who wore girls' jeans because he liked how they fit. And he did look damn good in them...

Just throwing that out there.

Miss you, Jon.

I regularly use women's products on men. For me, gender doesn't matter, it is how it fits and looks. =-)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

I use products for the females on males a lot, especially hair. Sorrow hair for instance makes the best looking long, straight native american hair for men. Not too long :)

Laurie

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,929

I'm definitely in the 'make freebies and avoid the hassle' camp.

There are a lot of burning hoops to do PA stuff.

This program is so easy. I just drag and drop the scene files I want and it renders away! I love setting it up and night, and letting my renders run

Can you render Iray with that?

barbult said:

Yes! One of the reasons I got it. All my renders are IRAY these days... Just drag, click and go.

barbult said:

Yes! One of the reasons I got it. All my renders are IRAY these days... Just drag, click and go.

Thanks, I've put it on my wishlist until it shows up in a good sale.

edited February 2017

On The Town for Genesis 3 Male(s)

This set has a separate belt for the pants that you can load as an accessory or leave off. This is one of those products that first came out with emissive surfaces on clothing, but it has been updated. The Iray textures are still quite disappointing to me. Look at the full size view of the shirt. The texture is patchy and mismatched in many locations across the fabric. This patchiness is in the actual texture file. Many of the textures have baked in shadows, etc. At least the scarf is modeled with some thickness. This is a PC+ product. There is an addon texture set with a jeans-like texture, but I didn't purchase it. (Geometry Editor was used to hide the hair polygons under the hat.)

G3M On The Town for G3M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990

Okay, I know Barbult is familiar with this set. It is the Pants from Montana Outfit

Seems like those should be bell bottoms....haven't seen any of those in the daz store.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990

I have found even with dresses, skirts, kilts (I am rendering a kilt made for Genesis fit to G3m now that was on sale)...that the autofit is causing a funky cling to crotch, although not tightly, for the kilts and dresses too, not just pants and shorts. Very bizarre. I have to mess around with smoothing and collission iteration and whether generic or base figure to get rid of the cling.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

The line on the bum of those pants looks odd. It almost looks like visible panty line.  

barbult said:

Classic Trenchcoat for Genesis 3 Male(s)

This is an interesting set. At first, I didn't even realize the trenchcoat came with pants, shirt, and shoes. The pants look realistic to me. Is that even a bit of tightness across the glutes at the bottom of the pockets, or is that a texture issue? I like these pants. The only thing is, the belt is part of the pants and not loaded separately. I can hide it with the Surfaces pane, but there is no waistband under it, so it leaves holes at the top of the pants. The only morph is Loosen Fit.

Ah!! it only just clicked then that you are AllenArt. LOVE your stuff! I use your shaders so much!! 

AllenArt said:
    barbult said:
    AllenArt said:

Your freebies are great. Why don't you consider becoming a PA?

I can't. I'm handicapped and draw disability that took me years to get and get tired easily. Besides, I don't want the headache of selling. I like making freestuff which I can do when I'm feeling able - people need freebies too :P LOL

Laurie

I have found even with dresses, skirts, kilts (I am rendering a kilt made for Genesis fit to G3m now that was on sale)...that the autofit is causing a funky cling to crotch, although not tightly, for the kilts and dresses too, not just pants and shorts. Very bizarre. I have to mess around with smoothing and collission iteration and whether generic or base figure to get rid of the cling.

yeah, that seems to be a real problem area. I have this issue with underwear too for some reason. 

edited February 2017

Here is: H&C Medical Scrubs Set for Genesis 3 Male(s)

This set looks nice. It is also on sale today. One thing I particularly like.... Is there are socks! Very few outfits include socks. Socks could be used with other sets and come in several colors.

scubs.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    socks.jpg
    933 x 493 - 320K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,296
    edited February 2017

Here is another. I rendered this in 4.8 so I don't think it does Mace any justice.

Mec4d Genesis Jeans found on her site. There are white lines on the back of an Uber Base convert on the right - which doesn't render. Middle one is the unconverted at time of render, which doesn't have the white lines.

Mec4D.png
    1002 x 908 - 842K
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
    edited February 2017
    3Ddreamer said:

Here is another. I rendered this in 4.8 so I don't think it does Mace any justice.

Mec4d Genesis Jeans found on her site. There are white lines on the back of an Uber Base convert on the right - which doesn't render. Middle one is the unconverted at time of render, which doesn't have the white lines.

Thanks for joining in. I didn't even know Mec4d had a site where she sold Daz character clothes.

She does. Unfortunately, the usage rights last I checked (admittedly a while ago), were unusual, so I chose not to buy from the store. Some of the things removed from here are there. Like the roman toga.

edited February 2017

I have investigated the strange line on the back of the Classic Trenchcoat Pants. It appears to me that it is both modeled in and in the textures. It must be intentional??? It is also visible in the promo images. It is NOT in the normal file. It is also interesting to note that the Iray textures for this product use the Daz Studio Default shader, not Iray Uber. the white images are rendered after I reset the shader so the surfaces didn't use any texture maps at all.

G3M Classic Trenchcoat surfaces reset.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Classic Trenchcoat surfaces reset back side.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 990K
    G3M Classic Trenchcoat back side.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
  • Tucked in shirt detail?

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,296
    edited February 2017

I was searching for a jokers hat in my runtime for a satirical render and spotted the jeans - I picked them up on her site before she moved back here.I also picked up these there before she moved them to here.

I should have more time to join in at the weekend ;-)

mec4d2.png
    1002 x 908 - 550K
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
    edited February 2017

Iconic Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

I like the way these don't cling under his butt, but wish they had a little more detail in the modeling, like folds and wrinkles, etc. The textures on this product are troublesome for me. The shirt is blown out, the pants are too dark to see details, and the hat is way too shiny. The opacity mask on the cigarette smoke is causing a flat straight line at the bottom of the smoke. That looks pretty bad.The suspenders are part of the pants but can be turned off in the Surfaces pane.

I changed some surface properties of the clothing to suit myself and rerendered again. I didn't fiddle with the smoke at all. The rerendered image show the suspenders surfaces with opacity at 0.

This is rendered with exactly the same lighting as all the other images, so I don't think this is a lighting issue.

G3M Iconic Outfit for G3M.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    G3M Iconic Outfit for G3M Surfaces Changed no suspenders.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M

3d Dreamer, I like those pants. There weren't any adjustments that I Could find for the legs, which made fitting them with shoes kind of awkward. But they do look good.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    jakiblue said:

Ah!! it only just clicked then that you are AllenArt. LOVE your stuff! I use your shaders so much!! 

AllenArt said:
    barbult said:
    AllenArt said:

Your freebies are great. Why don't you consider becoming a PA?

I can't. I'm handicapped and draw disability that took me years to get and get tired easily. Besides, I don't want the headache of selling. I like making freestuff which I can do when I'm feeling able - people need freebies too :P LOL

Laurie

LOL..thanks

Oh, and I LOVE the scrubs and socks. Those just jumped into my wishlist ;).

Laurie

Damn. I've had those on my wishlist for a while waiting for a super mega sale on them as I really only want the cigarette prop (finding a good cigarette/cigar iray prop has been difficult). Rethinking it now I've seen the problems with it.  

barbult said:

Iconic Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)

I like the way these don't cling under his butt, but wish they had a little more detail in the modeling, like folds and wrinkles, etc. The textures on this product are troublesome for me. The shirt is blown out, the pants are too dark to see details, and the hat is way too shiny. The opacity mask on the cigarette smoke is causing a flat straight line at the bottom of the smoke. That looks pretty bad.The suspenders are part of the pants but can be turned off in the Surfaces pane.

I changed some surface properties of the clothing to suit myself and rerendered again. I didn't fiddle with the smoke at all. The rerendered image show the suspenders surfaces with opacity at 0.

This is rendered with exactly the same lighting as all the other images, so I don't think this is a lighting issue.