Please make better jeans/pants for men

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990
    edited February 2017

I honestly don't see much practical variation in women's clothing either. Lots of impractical skimp wear, but nothing practical. Also, I am wearing a pair of pants that are too big and honestly, it might be the style, but they are impractical as I am constantly hitching them up. That's the same reason these low-cut hiphugger pants aren't practical either. I see plenty of real peope wearing skinny jeans and mom / granny jeans because they are practical. About the only time I see these skinny, low-cut hip-hugger jeans or pants is by girls and women trying to look sexy, not realizing they actually look like a can of poppin fresh dough that has busted out of the can.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,869

LOL! I hate the low rise pants too. I like my gals to have their waistline at the waist. Go figure.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582
    edited February 2017

Low rise was a thing like years ago but I don't see much of anymore,   I personally like relaxed boot cut.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

I'd like men's jeans especially to rest ON the hips, with the waistband just below the navel. Not too high, not too low ;). Too high looks like Urkel and too low just looks gross. LOL.

Laurie

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited February 2017

Idk if its a generational thing, or what, But I feel like I'm in disagreement with a lot of forumites here, Streetwear and Bad Guy both feel super mom jeans-y to me. Just.. normaly if you see a guy in his 20s in jeans that loose you're also seeing some boxer. Of the pants barbult has shown I think my favorites are the Hoodie outfit and everyday casual ones (I think theyre a rather nice looking pair of dress jeans)

Then again this is what my absolute favorite pair of jeans for my men looks like:

(They're my favorite in the real world too, black skinny jeans are a ubiquitous part of my wardrobe)

Also, just a plea, can we please shy away from what people in the real world should or shouldnt wear?

r.png
    800 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by j cade on
    edited February 2017

I don't think it is generational, but it could be regional. Where I live it is cold, and most people wear warmer looser styles. Men's pants are usually dockers or jeans, but rarely skin tight. Lowrise isn't common at all anymore.

I don't really see Streetwear or Bad Guy as mom jeans. Mom jeans are much higher in the waist, personally. More of an 80's look.

edited February 2017

With me it is probably generational ;)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
    edited February 2017

Back to discussion of virtual 3d pants..... Any others 3d styles  we haven't seen?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

What about the Jeanz series? I can't think of the vendor name....I don't have them. Have they been showcased yet? 

Back to discussion of virtual 3d pants..... Any others 3d styles  we haven't seen?

barbult asked me to post this image and the jeans I used:

The fellas on either side are wearing Urban Survivors for G2M jeans with different textures and Kyle in the middle is wearing Urban Survivors for G3M. They're all Luthbel's. :). Great folds :)

Laurie

Hangin-Out.jpg
    1800 x 1713 - 1M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990

Well those jeans from j.cade render are mom jeans. True they are too small for the wearer but if they like that sort of discomfort for being nichy that's their business. There is another type of jean in this thread posted earlier in this thread without the belt loops though that are purposely cut low and look ridiculous.

Thanks AllenArt for naming the jeans you used in your render. Looks very nice, the entire render.

edited February 2017

I'm home sick today, so I'm rendering the ones I have that I dont' think have been shown. I set them up to batch render, so we can take a look.

I'm actually kicking around getting Marvelous Designer so I can make my own jeans and  things, but it's really hard to part with that much moola for using it for one thing (and not commercially to boot) ;).

Laurie

AllenArt said:

I'm actually kicking around getting Marvelous Designer so I can make my own jeans and  things, but it's really hard to part with that much moola for using it for one thing (and not commercially to boot) ;).

Laurie

I've been thinking of doing that myself. I've seen some great results with guys underwear too, using MD. I know there are those who don't care for the look, but I like the versatility.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

Your freebies are great. Why don't you consider becoming a PA?
    edited February 2017

Okay, I know Barbult is familiar with this set. It is the Pants from Montana Outfit

montana.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited February 2017

This is Casual Winter.  There appears to be an odd/stain  oval shape along the hiney crack area of these. Does anyone else get that?

casualwinter.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited February 2017
    jeansoutfit.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    jeansoutfit.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M

This is Casual Winter.  There appears to be an odd/stain  oval shape along the hiney crack area of these. Does anyone else get that?

Yes, I commented on that "stain", too in my post of these pants. I rendered dark blue, so it is less visible there. This shows it much more.

Okay, I know Barbult is familiar with this set. It is the Pants from Montana Outfit

Gosh, how did I overlook these? I must have spent a month of my life trying to get that product properly updated. It never got 100% fixed. At the point where it had some Daz Studio Default shader on the Iray materials and Iray Uber shader on the 3Delight materials, I was told that was acceptable and will not be changed. frown Thanks for adding them to the thread.

barbult said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

I can't. I'm handicapped and draw disability that took me years to get and get tired easily. Besides, I don't want the headache of selling. I like making freestuff which I can do when I'm feeling able - people need freebies too :P LOL

Laurie

Hmm... High water pants with pockets too low to be used. Too tight to sit down.

edited February 2017

I do like the pants from the Montana outfit. The shaders on the other hand...oh boy ;). The glowing metal was a nice touch - made by elves I guess *giggle*.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
    AllenArt said:
    barbult said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

I can't. I'm handicapped and draw disability that took me years to get and get tired easily. Besides, I don't want the headache of selling. I like making freestuff which I can do when I'm feeling able - people need freebies too :P LOL

Laurie

It would be a headache. Look how we all (well, mostly me) love to complain about stuff. devil I appreciate your freebies, especially the shaders, which I use a LOT.

edited February 2017

This is Jeanz, just out of the box, loaded on Michael 7.This set includes different color options, adjustments, and styles of jeans, from lowrise to high waist. Belt is removable, and you can add button-style, or make them cutoffs. No shoes were included, so because I didn't want to drop feet to the floor, I left other footwear on.

jeanz-standard.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited February 2017

This is Relaxed Night.

This fills the lounge wear, PJ bottom niche. I rather like it. Plus, on sale right now.

relaxed-night.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M

I do like those pjs. Not sure how I feel about the band around the ankles, but they at least look like gravity acts on them ;).

Laurie 

AllenArt said:

I do like those pjs. Not sure how I feel about the band around the ankles, but they at least look like gravity acts on them ;).

Laurie 

They do look comfortable.

edited February 2017

This is Urban Metro for Genesis 2 males.  It does not have Iray materials, so this is a quick conversion. 

urb metro.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited February 2017

This is Slacker Outfit.

I apologize if I copy some of the ones that Barbult has done. But I set these all to batch render, and well, it doesn't hurt to see some of them again, I guess. =-)

slacker.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M