Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• credfordcredford Posts: 32

I bought this to change the skin color on an existing HID3D model that is formatted as Genesis 8.1. How would I go about doing this?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    Hi. Script only works on genesis 8, not 8.1
  • MarieMarie Posts: 36

I am having some real problems with mine its not finding the skin not even adding layers freckles etc. infact it just keeps dialing round then I have to restart my pc! I have even reinstalled  Daz studio & content everything :C reinstalled from scratch still nothing I got a feeling its my genesis 8  because when I even load make up she turns white I must have uninstalled her about 20 times still the same how do I get in touch with daz about this? My son who btw is tech in computers can not figure it out when he browse to folder its all in there but it is just not working it keeps saying missing torso then face & just goes on like that with no change?  Any advice I would be grateful :C

• mojozapmojozap Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

Is their a instuction manual for this product you can post me a link to. I have been looking for hours and can't find it if it exists. When I go to apply the makeup it won't save on my characters. I think this may be I need to do complex file saving operations on the utilities save skin tab. I have no idea what exactly I need to do with that and I'm not about to monkey with my daz folders blind like that. quite frankly I'm extremly irriated this product didn't come with a user or instution manual that I can find seeing how I had no problems using all the other skin builders I bought every one for every version of genisis female. But then just 8 is all complicated for no reason without any kind of easy to find instuction manual. [Sigh]

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

User manual is installed with the product, path is <install_directory>/People/Genesis 8 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 8/Resources/Skin Builder 8 UserGuide.pdf

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236

What is the minimum version of Daz Studio required for full support (including the custom torso UV for genitalia)? I ask because I am seeing different results between 4.10 and 4.20, and that's with the completed character. The genitalia material preset I made works fine in 4.20 but appears white in 4.10 (even though the UV is there and all the image maps are there, too). The only difference is the Daz Studio version. Any thoughts?

Tim

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236

So it apparently is not related to DS version, as a tester has reproduced the issue in DS 4.20.

When the genitalia material is applied, the anatomy is just white. This is using the SB8 torso UV, and I have verified that it's there. All the other maps are there, too. Anyone know why the material wouldn't be working?

Tim

• meaznetmeaznet Posts: 3

Zev0 said:

Will you be making a version for G8.1? 

• Zev0 said:

Hi. All you have to do is open the script after you have applied an existing skin. There is no need for a script option to do that if you wish to use an external skin as a base.

And how? When I open an existing figure with an own skin, the script starts with it´s own preset, not with that of the figure 

meaznet said:

Zev0 said:

Will you be making a version for G8.1? 

No, because Genesis 8 UV works fine on 8.1. Makes no sense re-doing all the maps of the product for minor changes.

Timotheus said:

So it apparently is not related to DS version, as a tester has reproduced the issue in DS 4.20.

When the genitalia material is applied, the anatomy is just white. This is using the SB8 torso UV, and I have verified that it's there. All the other maps are there, too. Anyone know why the material wouldn't be working?

Tim

Just saved anatomy preset in 4.20 using base skin and worked fine in 4.20.

Timotheus said:

What is the minimum version of Daz Studio required for full support (including the custom torso UV for genitalia)? I ask because I am seeing different results between 4.10 and 4.20, and that's with the completed character. The genitalia material preset I made works fine in 4.20 but appears white in 4.10 (even though the UV is there and all the image maps are there, too). The only difference is the Daz Studio version. Any thoughts?

Tim

4.10 is way old......I'll have to find out what version SB was compiled in. Any reason why you are still using 4.10? There were lots of shader changes between the two versions.

joerg_schneider_2978871081 said:

Zev0 said:

Hi. All you have to do is open the script after you have applied an existing skin. There is no need for a script option to do that if you wish to use an external skin as a base.

And how? When I open an existing figure with an own skin, the script starts with it´s own preset, not with that of the figure 

You do not have to use the first tab in the script if your figure has a base skin loaded. You can use the other options to enhance your existing skin. The first tab is only needed if you wish to build a new base skin.

• Is it permissible to apply for the preparation of models for sale? I'll create maps in SB8 and mix/edit them with my custom maps from Substance Painter in Photoshop. For example, from SB8 textures, I only want the lips, knees, and palm textures.

Yes. Read the MR agreement.
  • mcmc Posts: 0

I have been reading through this forum, the user guide, and watching tutorials to try to figure this out- If I am understanding this correctly, if I want to change the skin color and have that change reflected in the texture maps I save out, I cannot use the skin base color tint but have to use the color blend to apply the skin color change?

• japanggjapangg Posts: 31

Will there be Skin Builder product for Genesis 9?  Thanks in advance.

edited October 2022

We are still in discussion...Things are a bit different this time around because base genesis has 4 different skins, similar to Skin Builder, so we are looking at what approach to take.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • japanggjapangg Posts: 31

Zev0 said:

We are still in discussion...Things are a bit different this time around because base genesis has 4 different skins, similar to Skin Builder, so we are looking at what approach to take.

Thank you sir for the input.

• Zev0 said:

Will this product be able to make anatomical element mats for the 4 male and 4 female base skins?

• Heyo! Any way I can get Normal Maps from this?

• Also hopjng nipples will be a sepperate overlay with options for shape/style, size and colour.  

• Is it possible for us to add our own "skin" type slider to tab one? For example I've been using the "dark" option as a base to make Ultra-dark skins in GIMP by adjusting lightness negatively (masking nails, so they don't cange). Would be nice if I could just add a "Ulta-dark" slider that "fades" like the Pale, Light, and Medium sliders, but in the "darker" direction instead of "lighter".

• Does anyone else see Skin Builder 8 in store searches or am I the only one it doesn't show up in a store search for?

I was recently doing a search to make sure I had purchased all of the Zev0 products I didn't have yet when I noticed that Skin Builder 8 wasn't showing up on either of the vendor's store pages. This was one product I knew I had as I always buy the Skin Builder products. So at first, I thought it wasn't showing because I already owned it. But I turned off the search function that prevents items owned from showing up and it still didn't show up. Still not visible for me on either vendor's store page. So more digging because I couldn't leave it alone.

I did a store-wide search and Skin Builder 3 and previous versions show up but not Skin Builder 8. No matter how I looked, I couldn't get the Skin Builder 8 to show up in the store through simple searches. The only way I could access the store page for this product was to go through my product library, because I do own the product, and got to the store page from my product library. But then, I have the product already. I would think it might make it difficult for people who don't own it to buy if it doesn't show up in searches or isn't on the vendor pages.

Is there a reason this is happening for this particular product that I might not be aware of? I wasn't sure if this was something I should put in a support ticket for or just a note for @Zev0 to make sure he was aware of the issue in case he didn't know of the potential issue that might be affecting his sales, or lack of sales, for this product.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

It shows up for me ....

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Knittingmommy said:

Does anyone else see Skin Builder 8 in store searches or am I the only one it doesn't show up in a store search for?

I see it in search results.

Do you use the Daz Deals browser add-on? If so maybe you've hidden the product by mistake.

SB8.PNG
    999 x 558 - 313K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited November 2022

That's so weird that others can see this and I can't. At least others can see it in the store, so it must not be an issue.

ETA: I do use that and I have it set so I can see all products.

SB_screenshot.jpg
    1523 x 782 - 244K
    SB_screenshot2.jpg
    1458 x 903 - 260K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Knittingmommy said:

That's so weird that others can see this and I can't. At least others can see it in the store, so it must not be an issue.

But you are also showing Genesis  3 Skin Builder twice in your attachments .

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Knittingmommy said:

I see you have the "Mature" filter set to off - maybe Skin Gen 8 is marked as "adult"? 

• carrie58 said:

Knittingmommy said:

But you are also showing Genesis  3 Skin Builder twice in your attachments .

The attachments are two separate searches. One searching specifically for Skin Builder 8 and the other a general search for Skin Builder.