Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

1212223242527»

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2023

I really do not understand what difficulties you are experiencing.. The script is straight forward to use. And since you know photoshop this should be fairly simple to understand? Skin Builder uses the same principles in terms of layering. So you need to summarize exactly what you do not understand about the script.

I would watch this video as it shows how it is used. The Genesis 8 version is basically the same as this one:

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • dalemrickertdalemrickert Posts: 23
    edited September 2023

To quote a famous programmer...

"No program is any better than its manual."

Tossed SB8 into the trash where it belongs. Sorry. Can't say I didn't try to help ya out...sadsadsad

Post edited by dalemrickert on
    edited September 2023

There will be no male version for Genesis 8 males. This product was always intended as a female only product.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567

dalemrickert said:

To quote a famous programmer...

"No program is any better than its manual."

Tossed SB8 into the trash where it belongs. Sorry. Can't say I didn't try to help ya out...sadsadsad

SB 8 works just fine for me, along with many others and is a very helpful plugin. Sorry you couldn't figure it out. Maybe dig it out of the trash and try harder next time.

• Would you like me to post an itemized list that's currently 2 pages long about what is NOT covered in the "so called" manual? I'm sure it would be beneficial to others as well.

I left a post here asking Dev0 to assist me and he couldn't even answer my question properly.

Yes, I too use the program on a daily basis... and have done so since I purchased it back in February... and it took a lot of research and tests to figure out the nuts and bolts of the thing. Because it lacks a proper manual, the learning curve is long.

Do you just get on here to insult people looking for help? Not nice.

• We getting a skin builder 9 at all Zevo?

I am working on something similar...Will see how it ends up.

• Zev0 said:

Awesome. Can't wait to see what it is. 

• Just wondering about the tanlines - specifically the Upper and Lower sets. Do they match any particular product??

• Any idea why skin builder 8 would go through the process of building new skins, placing them on the character, and then right at the last second before it completes, take the skin back off and not add them?

• FablerFabler Posts: 19

Zev0 said:

Great, looking forward to it.

• Hello!

Skin builder 8 constantly writes "could not find file:" Requests file Face, then FaceSSS, then FaceS. I was able to create Shadows and Liners by copying the latest face files (in the CreatedMatFiles folder) and renaming the copies to the names of the files required by the skin builder. It didn't work out that way with lips. I tried to reinstall Skin builder, but it didn’t help.

• dalemrickertdalemrickert Posts: 23
    edited February 16

My son tells me that sometimes I should just give up when things get discouraging... But, for some reason, I am always of the belief that if you don't give up and try to find the answer, you will often succeed.

I have now used Skin Builder 8 for one year... and have created the skins for over 300 characters... Yes, that's a great number of hours. I'm thinking of writing a document that tells of of what I have learned about how to use the procuct... and then sending it to Zev0... simply so show I DO appreciate what they created. Maybe others could benefit from all that I've learned.

Please let me ask something about the program that is still difficult to undersand how to use.... and that is how to create various colored lips.

The section on "Lips" gets involved. The first thing one is apparently supposed to do is apply the "Base Mask"... but it doesn't say how this is to be used.  After that are several more "Gradients" that one should apply. I'm not sure if they need to do all of  them or not. These are titled... "Center Gradient Overlay",  "Outer Gradient Overaly" and finally "Rim Overlay".

I would seem that these are to allow you to place more colors on these various areas of the lips, however, try as I do, I can't seem to get things to work "nice"...  sad

Would you please take a little time and explain in a "step-by-step" detailed instruction on how one should progress through creating lips for a character? I am in communication with a couple of other people who use Daz Studio and I talked them into purchasing the Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 programs. Neither of them seem to have much luck with the lips.

Let me know if I should put together a document that explains how I go about creating skins for Genesis 8 female?... 

Thanks for a great product !

Dale R.

p.s. It seem that perhaps I need to apply a light colored "base" followed by darker overlays???

Post edited by dalemrickert on
  • creed2003creed2003 Posts: 65

Anything for Genesis 9 female?

Still busy with something.

• Thanks Zev0 ! !   I just had to come on here and tell you how much I appreciate your outstanding support... as in....  "NOT"

sad

The video review of Skin Builder 8 on YouTube pretty much shows what others are saying...

Sorry for late replay. Been busy. Lips are applied in two ways. Important aspect is what blend mode to choose. Multiply or Normal Blend. Normal Blend at 100% will make it 100 colour over the lips. Multiply is more of a transparent application. Depending of what blend mode you use for the different gradient overlays you will get different results. I suggest you use normal blend at 100 visibility strength to see how the effects work.