Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038

Latest version is 1.3

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586

Wow!  Cool!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512

Cool! I am really enjoying SB3!

• johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55

I bought SB3 today when I saw this, just so I could be ready.  I could use the SB3, but SB8 (?) makes it so much better!

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

For those who haven't bought the Genesis 3 version, will there be a bundle for Gen 3 and 8?

• Not to be negative, but I am not that much into the newest figure, so, asides from the merchant license and working out of the box with G8F, will there be any new functionality?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038

Under the hood yes. Look, if you quite happy to use the G3F version for Genesis 8 then that's fine. But lots of people want a natively run G8F version that allows for texture saving on Genesis 8 and also allows them to create skin that can be sold for G8F characters. End of the day, the choice is always yours:) Once both versions are out it will be easier to create addons instead of doing them seperately because now I can develop for both versions at the same time.

• Thanks for the clarification, even if at present I won't be in any rush to upgrade (mostly, because I am broke) the idea of future add-ons fills my chest with fuzzy feelings. That, or my wallet is trying to run away again, the craven thing.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Awesome news! 

• WholfeWholfe Posts: 8

Hey, Zev, how about some different nipples for the new skins?  :D

And this is going to be a definite grab for me.

edited October 2017

Mods like that will have to wait. I cannot change the structure of the product right now. Scripting that in will set release back at least another month. Like I said, once both versions are live it will be easier to look at possible addons and develop for both versions at once.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ArtisanSArtisanS Posts: 209
    Zev0 said:

Place holder thread. Nothing to see here yet.cheeky All I can say is those who own Skin Builder 3 will get a huge discount as this is essentially an upgrade for official Genesis 8 support and is also standalone without owning the Genesis 3 version as all files had to be natively included for this version. In otherwords, textures are all in its own genesis 8 folder and shares nothing with Genesis 3 version.

Thanx, that is great news. By the way while we are talking anyway Zev0, I bought Skin Builder G3 the other day on a discount and that was a huge mistake.....I should have bought it the day it came out. Now I use Substance Painter (and Designer when I'm in need of a headache angel) so I thought who needs it.......well every serious DAZ user needs it. But one qeustion. When I plough ahead and build a skin texture in SP (rather difficult because the little french dudes and dudettes have not been able to let me paint ACROSS material borders as of yet) I use normal maps quite a bit. Now Skin Builder does not use them at all....that must be a decision, and I would like to know why you don't use them.

Greets, ArtisanS

Because some skin details use transparent png's for detail via layers and to get matching stacking transparent normal details to overlay each other was causing issues. Normal maps are fine for one layer, but when you start stacking different skin details, to create matching normal details to stack onto one layer is very difficult because normal layers do not contain any transparent areas, so the details from the normal layer underneath is covered.

• ArtisanSArtisanS Posts: 209

That, sounds like a logical explaination.......and it is, thanks!

Greets, ArtisanS

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Waiting with 'bated breath.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742

Place holder comment. Nothing to read yet.cheeky 

• CrissieBCrissieB Posts: 195

Hi Zev0,

Are there any plans for an equivalent resource for G8M?

Just checking.

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306

Can we get a LOVE button here? Can't wait.

• Would very much like male versions for G3 and G8 as well

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412
    edited February 2018

Really like this. Each version just gets better.

Post edited by Td3d on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Any update on this :)

edited February 2018
    We ran into some serious issues with the updated Iray shader inside Studio, so we are busy re-writing some of the scripts so it recognises the new channels. Some of the options refused to apply to skin.
    Post edited by Zev0 on

Take your time. We trust it will be awesome when it gets here.

• Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 121

Awesome news, for those of us who have all the SB packages, will there be an option to use older recipes' formula?

edited March 2018
    Rogue7 said:

Awesome news, for those of us who have all the SB packages, will there be an option to use older recipes' formula?

Can you be specific what you mean by recipes?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,135

Save and Share for Skin Builder ( https://www.daz3d.com/save-and-share-for-skin-builder) allows users to save skin settings and share them.  Skin Builder and Skin Builder Pro for Genesis/Genesis 2 both come with a "recipe loader" that lets you import those settings into SB.

edited March 2018

It won't work with the G3 or the G8 version because the later versions have a different setup in both Shader and UV maps. That product is specific to the G2 version.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 121

Could not the custom colour values from the old recipies be extracted via a selective data import? (not that I know how you've setup the save files)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586

Is it out yet?  Oops now I sound like a kid saying are we there yet?

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308

Is there a chance it will be released during MM? Just asking because if so I'll put off purchasing anything else