Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,339

will there be an addon for SB* at any time? Like different skin blemishes, pores, maybe scars, and so forth?

• is there some way to Remove the EyeShadow after the SkinBuilder is already closed again and the Files are some days old?

• edited October 2021

Hi @Zev0,

you write above that  we can use SB8 with 8.1. But it doesn't open on an 8.1 figure (it says that no GT8 figure is selected). I presume that the idea is to create a skin on G8, save the material, and then load it on G8.1?

Or is there a way to make it work directly on a G8 figure? If not, I would really love an update.

Also, I would love to have some additional face details (if you are thinking about making an update) - for example somethng like the skin impurities you can do in Reallusion's Skin Gen plugin.

Thanks so much...

Post edited by christian_s_db08e35b79 on
  • christian_s_db08e35b79 said:

Hi @Zev0,

you write above that  we can use SB8 with 8.1. But it doesn't open on an 8.1 figure (it says that no GT8 figure is selected). I presume that the idea is to create a skin on G8, save the material, and then load it on G8.1?

Yes, create the materials on Genesis 8 and they will apply to 8.1

Or is there a way to make it work directly on a G8 figure? If not, I would really love an update.

Also, I would love to have some additional face details (if you are thinking about making an update) - for example somethng like the skin impurities you can do in Reallusion's Skin Gen plugin.

Thanks so much...

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2021

One suggestion if I may :

The first "Build Skin" test takes quiet some fiddling time before reaching a desired result. It would have been nice to be able to "build skin" only the torso for example. This way we can make tests quickly on a portion only of the body. And when the Torso Surface looks fine, then we can "Build Skin" the entire mesh using those same parameters.

It would save us from having to wait for the creation of all textures for every little change. This being said it's impressively fast already. yes

Cheers. Amazing script.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • kjino570kjino570 Posts: 39
    edited November 2021

Is there way to fix this? i apply nipple color and they paint on the wrong side.

nver mind the texture resolution was different

gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.png
    332 x 276 - 102K
    Post edited by kjino570 on
  • vagansvagans Posts: 422

The main use I have for Skin Builder is to modify existing skins, not create new ones. I guess I'm in the small minority for using this product but it's the best system out there for adding detailing, tanlines and modifying shades on existing skins. Not having this ability coming to 8.1 is rather dissapointing but I understand why you don't want to put the time into it when you have other projects.

• Chris.Fruin said:

Hello, When I click to generate base skin, I always get the message "Failed to save image file...." and when I look in the temporary directory it is empty. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I have also tried changing the temp directory to a new one. I am using a base genisis 8 female and I have the Iray box selected at the top. Any suggestions?

I have the same issue. I don't know whether this has been resolved or not, but if someone could provide me with some help I would greatly appreciate it!

• no noseno nose Posts: 297

no idea if this was mentioned somewhere else already, but is it possible to use other textures for the skin?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038

Hi. Yes you can. The overlay options will work on other skin sets if the selected skin is based on the Base UV.

• vagansvagans Posts: 422
    no nose said:

no idea if this was mentioned somewhere else already, but is it possible to use other textures for the skin?

That's my primary use for this product. Adding details, custom tan lines etc to existing character skins. It's the best tool available for doing that IMO.
  • I swear I feel like an idiot in writing this...

I am trying to figure out "where" I am suppose to copy the SB8 Torso UV to, if my character has the base UV?  When attempting to save, it keeps prompting me that "No anatomy is loaded".  I have tried the Base Genesis Model 8...no luck.  Thanks to anyone that can help me out. 

• Seems to be an incompatibility with skin textures from "Addy" models, leaves a seam around the shoulder, neck and armpit. Applying full tanline to generic Gen 8 had no problems. Other figures such as SASE, no problems. Only seems to be Addy which are 2 of my characters crying

skin builder problem.jpg
    1274 x 469 - 91K
  • drucdruc Posts: 318

2 things. I have just purchased this product. I have not read all this thread. So this may have been answered.

The product documentation on Daz3D says you can "If you wish to enhance existing skins, Skin Builder 8 allows you to do that as well." and "All script options can also be applied to any other skin based on Genesis 8 Base Female UV Set. The scripts also allows you to add in your own overlay options."

I have only made one new texture and I am happy (so far), it didn't apply the "freckles" or "tan" overlay selections, but I can work on that thinking it is user error. BUT how do I use "my" texture? I have lots of merchant resourses I would like to modify using this product .

I think I have answered my own question. In reading part of this thread and more info from the MR agreement. Maybe someone could correct me if I am wrong.

SB8 modifies the texture that is on the G8F in the scene. The created textures can be saved to the directory of your choice set up in SB8 and the material settings can also be saved for use in Daz to a folder of the user's choice. To create a texture and material for sale, the original texture must be a MR. For example Victoria 8 texture can be modified for the user to use, but can't be sold as Victoria's user agreement says the textures can't be modified and re-sold. Also, as this is a MR, I would assume the three textures that came with the programe can be loaded onto G8F, modified and sold. But like all MR can't be sold unaltered.

If I am correct, this suits me to a T as I own a number of G8F skin MR's. I also own Build a babe, and it is good for blending textures and changing nipple size and colour etc, but doesn't build materials (AFAIK).

"Also, as this is a MR, I would assume the three textures that came with the programe can be loaded onto G8F, modified and sold. But like all MR can't be sold unaltered."

That is correct.

Can I please have a work flow for this product. I have tried "Build skin" from the skin tab first (indicated from the documentation) after altering the shader then added "detail" like freckles, tans, eye colour etc. Then created the material. The G8F in the scene pane shows the changes. The create materials from Utilities/save skin and material presets is ticked after selecting the paths etc.. Load the material and the only thing changed is the shader. No tan lines, eye colours, freckles etc. If I use daz to save a material preset before loading the "created" material, it works as expected . But this is unacceptable as it messes up texture paths. If I load the saved material from SB8 it doesn't have anything other than the shaders on the skin. No eye colour, no tan lines etc. I have also tried creating the skin (Build skin) after adding details and it does the same. It is in the temp folder but doesn't translate to the saved material or texture.

• xNsRxxNsRx Posts: 1

Hey! I'm pretty new using SB8, but I created a skin setup with all the makeup, nails, etc. colors for a character, and found that my character textures weigh 1.5 GB. Is it normal? Is there a way to reduce the texture size in SB8? Because I own other characters that I suppose used SB8, and they are less than 500 MB. 

Hi. The size all depends on how many options you choose to include. Are you sure they are all only from the one character texture folder, and there are no duplicate or old texture files also in there?

• Hello,

For some reason, I can no longer change/apply eye colour. However, all the other functions for example makeup/brows work. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue as it was a great way to change the eye colour? Would be grateful for your help!! 

:)

• Are there any plans to add a separate gens save, like for other parts of the body? Recently, I was working on a character's skin, and ended using the base image map for color and the SB bump map, but was not able to do so for the gens, because the SB skin build uses the torso map for the gens.

• Can 8.1 skin work in Skin builder?

edited February 2022
    No, it's not designed for 8.1 UV.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

No, it's not designed for 8.1 UV.

Any plans for 8.1? 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,910

Zev0 stated last year that they had no plans to support 8.1 UVs, I doubt this has changed.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6582026/#Comment_6582026

• tintahal75 said:

Chris.Fruin said:

Hello, When I click to generate base skin, I always get the message "Failed to save image file...." and when I look in the temporary directory it is empty. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I have also tried changing the temp directory to a new one. I am using a base genisis 8 female and I have the Iray box selected at the top. Any suggestions?

I have the same issue. I don't know whether this has been resolved or not, but if someone could provide me with some help I would greatly appreciate it

i'm having the same issue as these guys. first time using it, when i went to build the base skin, daz tells me after momentarily  had "failed to save image file". when i look in the temp directory, all the undefined files are there, and some of the actual temp files (with the '&&' in their name) seem to be there, but each time daz prompts me to manually locate each missing file, it's like it disappears or something. i've ensured that my temp directory path is correct. i've tried restarting daz. i've tried a fresh install of the plugin, uninstalling and reinstalling through DIM. do you have any fixes Zev? i'm really looking forward to using this plugin

Hi. Make sure your temp directory is assigned. Secondly, did you save the skin as a material preset? This must be done. You cannot rely on the temp directory as files in there will be overwritten. 

Capture.JPG
    727 x 255 - 33K
  • barisyenerbarisyener Posts: 0

Hello,

I have a major problem with the script. It seems the borders of the texture does not cover the main UV set for gen8 avatar.

Seems quite messy at the moment 

any suggestions?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997

Please don't post images showing textured, nude figures - in this case the basic Wear top would have worked.

Are yiyu sure you are not using Genesis 8.1 female with the new 8.1 UV set? Switching back to the Genesis 8 Female UV set would fix the issue if so.

• Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 192

I've just started using this product, and the learning curve is a little bit steep for a dummy like me.  That said, what would really be handy if it is possible, is the ability to save a profile so that it can be reloaded when re-opening the program.

I can see that you answer a lot of questions on this product and are asked a lot of questions multiple times.  Sorry if this falls into that category.  For all of the "faults" this script has, it is still the best thing going out there and once I have developed an integrated workflow I'm sure that even my question here will seem silly.  Still, having that profile save function would definitely help beginners like me (when it comes to human textures, I'm a complete amateur :D ).

Nice script, I hope it has made a lot of sales.  It certainly has empowered quite a few artists.