Lake3sc07pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 645K
    Lake3sc09pic05.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 798K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    barbult said:
    dawnblade said:

That pebble beach is cool! It did make me think of how many instances of river pebbles are created underwater that won't show in a standard non-negative max height render.

I had over 150,000 River Pebbles instances in one scene.

That doesn't seem like a lot if that is for a lake build.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    dawnblade said:
    barbult said:
    dawnblade said:

That pebble beach is cool! It did make me think of how many instances of river pebbles are created underwater that won't show in a standard non-negative max height render.

I had over 150,000 River Pebbles instances in one scene.

That doesn't seem like a lot if that is for a lake build.

How many are you getting?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

I wonder if size and number of pebbles depends on ecology used.

With Lake 3 I got 196000 instances when pebbles was selected to build

and took significant time to build UltraScenery.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,365

that pebbles scene is really great. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited June 2020
    daveso said:
    Artini said:

Thanks a lot for the explanation, Barbult.

I have not seen any land above the water until now, after your recent description.

You are amazing. It opens up a lot more possibilities, even while using only included Features and Ecology.

Below is an example of Lake 3 with max altitude -7 m, Oaks 05 and Ecology Seed 231

i have to say, the land areas remind me of garlic bread. 

ROFL! laugh Garlic bread? You haven't eaten yet, have you? LOL

But now that you mention it....

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • blosseblosse Posts: 46
    dawnblade said:

Note to self: Deselect river pebbles when scene will contain large bodies of water! laugh

If you go out east on Long Island in New York, the beach there looks just like your pebbles. Very cool. smiley

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

MelanieL, I really like both renders and agree the pebbled beach is special. I almost expect to see a toddler wandering into picture to dig for ...

Artine, you always can make me laugh, when you aren't taking my breath away.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

I have to say that this has gotten me moving to actually start accomplishing something...

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    barbult said:

I like that pebble beach!

A perfect fit for northwest Washington state beaches which are all rock.

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 519

No big experiments here, just Harpwood Trail more or less out of the box:

Be sure to see it in full resolution in the gallery by clicking the image!

Fury playing frisbee

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

Is there a way to turn the preview of the instances in the viewport on? I'd like to do some finetuning e.g. delete some grass, etc.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    barbult said:

I just learned something new. Max Altitude can be negative. I don't think a negative Max Altitude will work in every scenario, but I tried it with River 2 and a Grasslands ecology. It came out like a group of small low islands scattered in a large body of water. I used the BCam River 2 S camera for this render.

that's beautiful, barbult.

thanks for sharing this.

Is there a way to turn the preview of the instances in the viewport on? I'd like to do some finetuning e.g. delete some grass, etc.

Select the instances you want to view and turn on Visible In Viewport in the Parameters pane.

Visible in viewport.jpg
    563 x 347 - 50K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    barbult said:

Select the instances you want to view and turn on Visible In Viewport in the Parameters pane.

Of course! Thanks, the mind was blank.

edited June 2020

Nice little island created from Coast 1 with height -2 m

Coast1sc01pic01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 767K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 2020

Summer Time

Coast1sc06pic08.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 841K
    Post edited by Artini on

I probably broke the biomes...  I wanted to try out the Lions and haven't see a lot of examples of the "desert" pre-set.

Technical question: is there a way to have items not appear around a camera? Similar to the "only create in view," but in this case to avoid creating instances that would be in the immediate vicnity of the camera?

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited June 2020

Technical question: is there a way to have items not appear around a camera? Similar to the "only create in view," but in this case to avoid creating instances that would be in the immediate vicnity of the camera?

Not that I am aware of but that is an excellent suggestion, wonder how hard it would be to incorporate it.

Love everyones renders!

Post edited by Daventaki on

You can use an Iray Section Plane to block some scenery. I've used it to block what is behind the camera.It helps let the sun through, if it is coming from that direction. It also helps keep random branches from appearing right in front of the camera.

edited June 2020

I've never experimented with the Iray Section Planes, now I think I am going to have to.

One more for tonight; the combination of River 2 and Willows 7 creates some pretty interesting swamp lands.

I would really like to see some winter options and maybe some desert props; cactus types?

Post edited by Jason Galterio on

I've never experimented with the Iray Section Planes, now I think I am going to have to.

You can limit the instances to just what is visible to a specific camera by selecting to restrict it on the Build tab. Do you know about that? 

edited June 2020

Here is another fun experiment to try. I used two UltraScenery builds in one Daz Studio scene. I used a squiggly striped black and white height map (attached) for the terrain. In one UltraScene I used the height map as is, and in the other UltraScenery I inverted it. I used the Pond feature in both, but used a different ecology in each. I deleted one of the waters, so there was only one. I used negative max altitude.Here is the result:

UltraScenery height map normal and invert_BCam Pond S wide angle.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
    BlackVertical Squiggles 2.png
    1024 x 1024 - 95K
    Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:

Here is another fun experiment to try. I used two UltraScenery builds in one Daz Studio scene. I used a squiggly striped black and white height map (attached) for the terrain. In one UltraScene I used the height map as is, and in the other UltraScenery I inverted it. I used the Pond feature in both, but used a different ecology in each. I deleted one of the waters, so there was only one. I used negative max altitude.Here is the result:

Hmm ive never used the Iray section planes either might have saved me some headaches look for what was in front of the camera! LOL will have to experiment with them for sure.

Thats an interesting result you got there looks great!!

edited August 2020

Decided I wanted to create a post that includes the links to posts that I find useful and others might find useful too.  I will update this thread as I can I have only made it through about 10 pages so far, so if I missed anything please let me know.

Want to say Thank You to all the people involved with this thread and all the great tips and information to make an already awesome product even more so.

And for course a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to HowieFarkes for making such a wonderfully awesome product!!!!

Promotional Post for Ultrascenery, Lists all addons and what they require. Lists some things to try if US is not working.

Double Ultrascene with custom terrain

Tip to use Iray Section Plane to help block vegetation from in front of the camera.

Tip to Duplicate the terrain and use it in the background.

Negative max altitude-black parts of the noise map will be raised, white parts will be lower.

Dirt track 1 follows the terrain, Dirt track 2 smooths the terrain.  Example 1  Example 2

Modified feature masks.  Post 1   Post 2\

Creating a clearing (requires editing json files)

Tips on generating scenes

Horizon adjustment (not using HDRIs)

Horizon adjustment tip with an HDRI

Cameras by Barbult   updated 7/10/20

Free Cameras by 3DOutlaw

Free render setting file that sets  Instancing Optimization to Memory by Divamakeup

Script by mCasual to remove trees from around the camera

Experiment making own path

Example how to use Ultrascatter with Ultrascenery

Tip to create a shortcut in scripts menu for Instancing optimization to Memory  (can create your own preset or use Divamakeups here)

Quick render tips to test things.

Link to height mapper for Earth terrain

Tip on how to get Ultrascenery to render if its to much for your computer.

Tip from Howiefarkes on how to get water to show on height mapped terrain

Make an island

Noise affects height maps

Water color in older post (has been fixed since)

Explanation about noise

Add a camera to position the sun.

Link to site for free height maps  (terrain.party)

Create rocky circle with Ultrascatter

New Release of UltraScenery v.1.2.0 7/15/20

FYI you do not have to regenerate an US scenery if you are just changing water properties

Using Top View to make a custom mask.

Examples of using the new Mask feature in the Build tab.

Free masks this post and the one below it has one also.

Masks shared by Creationz8

Tutorial road crossing water by Barbult.

Comment on what you can use masks for and below it by Gogger more detailed.

Tutorial on how to use a mask by Melissa Conway.

Changing the road base color/texture by Barbult (more examples)

Note: Using InstaEdit with US Instances causes the instances to lose thier rotation.

Cobblestone Pathway by Barbult

Free Paved Road by RGincy

--Updated to my post 8/15/20 12:32am--

edited June 2020

Used River 2 Grasslands 1 -5 max altitude, then edited it and used Harpwood 2 to add the trees.  I like the first one better because it has the rocks around the edges but I thought they both came out interesting.

negmaxalttestrender1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    negmaxalttestrender2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

@Daventaki, that list is wonderful. May I suggest a link to barbult's wonderful thread in the Art Forum? 

I was just trying to figure out how to do a double terrain as barbult mentioned just above, I have seen people mention them, but for the life of me, I can't visualize how it is done. (Visual learner here.) And of course, one run of UltraScenery is enough to cause my desktop to be tricky and want to reboot. And it is 64gb, while my laptop is 32gb.

Mary

barbult said:

i have been wondering about using 2 or more USC constructs in one scene..I would then think instead of them comingling on top of one another, you could move one to increase the scope of the scene? slide it x or z ...

edited June 2020

this is 4 ultrascenery objects, moved on the z axis. i did do a little post to cover the seams. i think it might have merit for long range shots. WOnder how many can be in a scene before the system grinds to a halt. ?I kept it simple this time... one scenery has the trees, but just a few... the rest are river 1 x2 and river 2 with grassland 1. the 4th is river 2 with grassland 3. much work to do on this

multi usc 1 tweaked.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by daveso on
This discussion has been closed.