UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    @memcneil70 You run your first scenery then making sure you don't have the scene selected in the scene tab then run the script again with either new settings or the same and it will generate a new separate scene. Then you can move one around to reposition or do like Barbult did and leave the to together combining two different features. Sorry would post pics but I'm getting ready for work and won't be able to for as couple of days. I don't know why it would be causing you to reboot I only have 32mb ram in mine and it works fine. I've created double scenes before. I probably wouldn't be able to both as heavily treed though.
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    Daventaki said:
    @memcneil70 You run your first scenery then making sure you don't have the scene selected in the scene tab then run the script again with either new settings or the same and it will generate a new separate scene. Then you can move one around to reposition or do like Barbult did and leave the to together combining two different features. Sorry would post pics but I'm getting ready for work and won't be able to for as couple of days. I don't know why it would be causing you to reboot I only have 32mb ram in mine and it works fine. I've created double scenes before. I probably wouldn't be able to both as heavily treed though.

An alternate to this approach... Create an UltraScene prop with whatever setting you are looking to use. When it is done generating, do File > Save As > Scene Subset. Save just the UltraScene prop.

When that is done, select the UltraScene prop and re-run the script. Generate the secondary UltraScene prop. When it is finished, you can do a File > Merge and select the Scene Subset you saved during the first step.

This will let you work on each prop individually and only bring them together in the scene when you are ready to.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,746
    edited June 2020

Thanks Daventaki, I tried saving and then merging, but talk about a mess! But here is the first render, Sunset Pause. I got the 36 AM Sedan in the BYOB sales and was wowed to find Iray materials. But trying to position it, well that was fun. It kept floating off on me.

I like the simplicity of the coastal options. Where I lived on the Central Coast of California, it is more sheer drop-offs, and mountains growing down to the Pacific, until you turn north at Gaviota. Then you deal with riptides and rocks.

Well I checked a few things out. I had the Game version of the Nvidia update, so I downloaded the Studio one. Then I found there was a switch for GPU in some admin setting in Windows that was turned off! Turned that on. Lots of reboots today, including for the new Daz Studio installation. Hopefully everything will work together happily now. (Until Microsoft, Nvidia, or Daz decide to change something.)

Sunset Pause II.png
    2000 x 1236 - 4M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I create the first scene and then select the UltraScene in the Scene pane, I run File/Duplicate/Duplicate Nodes to create a copy in the Scene. there is no need to copy all the instances or the water, since I plan to run UltraScenery on it with changes and regenerate all those. If you just want an exact copy with all the instances and water, select File/Duplicate/Duplicate Node Hierarchies. Then I run UltraScenery on the copy and change whatever I want to change. Since it starts as an exact copy, it will have all the settings of the first UltraScene as a starting point. 

Dual UltraScenery props so that the desert isn't so barren.

I've also attached the custom heightmap I used.

Heightmap.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 148K
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,746

Thanks barbult. I will try that tomorrow. Daz crashed on me while I was fixing dinner. I had saved the new scene at least. Either that or the racoon did it. 

@Jason Galterio, that render speaks volumes. There is a story there.

Mary

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited June 2020

Played around with a little bit of gentle animation of the river.  Its like 25mb, so give it 15 seconds or so to stop stuttering, but it looks neat!  :)

(if it's not moving, click on it to open it directly)

Post edited by Chohole on
    3dOutlaw said:

Played around with a little bit of gentle animation of the river.  Its like 25mb, so give it 15 seconds or so to stop stuttering, but it looks neat!  :)

That brings it to life.

3dOutlaw said:

Nice. I can't imagine how long it took for that to render.

Oh, not long at all, the motion was done in postwork with Photomirage

3dOutlaw said:

Oh, not long at all, the motion was done in postwork with Photomirage

Ah, okay. I thought you animated the water in DS.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited June 2020
    3dOutlaw said:

Very cool!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited June 2020

how much is Photomirage?

another of those companies that won't show me a price, hopefully cheaper than Plotagraph

update

I did find a review site from 2018 saying it is $70

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

how much is Photomirage?

another of those companies that won't show me a price, hopefully cheaper than Plotagraph

update

Showing me £49.99 on the web page https://www.photomirage.io/en/
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited June 2020
    KA1 said:

how much is Photomirage?

update

Showing me £49.99 on the web page https://www.photomirage.io/en/

ah that page gave me $99 Australian 

I couldn't get there on my browser it kept throwing me back to the trial 

sorry derailed this enough 

I look at this thread frequently because of the awesome images everyone is rendering 

the pro update for Ultrascatter works much better on my PC no freezes so might consider this one day too

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • I know I'm late to the party, but I just started playing with this and OMG, this is the coolest thing I've ever used in Daz Studio. I had these products laying around in my runtime not being used, and now I feel like such an idiot for that. Here's my first real try using it. Did one of the coastlines with the willows. I know what I'm doing the rest of the night, lol. 

Love the lillypads  :)

• Vagabond ElfVagabond Elf Posts: 57
    edited July 2020

So, some time back I'd had an idea for a picture based around my go-to warband in the miniatures game "Song of Blades and Heroes."  I put together several of the characters, and then struggled to find a setting for them.

Then I stumbled over this product, and while I've not bought the new expansions - I've spent way too much money on the PC+ Sale this month - even the base product has so much potential.

Here's a work-in-progress, including all the characters I have finished.  There's two more heroes to add, and of course the horrible monsters they're reacting to, but I'm pleased with how this looks and wanted to share.

Sisters WIP.png
    1047 x 878 - 1M
    Post edited by Vagabond Elf on

So, some time back I'd had an idea for a picture based around my go-to warband in the miniatures game "Song of Blades and Heroes."  I put together several of the characters, and then struggled to find a setting for them.

Then I stumbled over this product, and while I've not bought the new expansions - I've spent way too much money on the PC+ Sale this month - even the base product has so much potential.

Here's a work-in-progress, including all the characters I have finished.  There's two more heroes to add, and of course the horrible monsters they're reacting to, but I'm pleased with how this looks and wanted to share.

Nice. I was trying to figure out a way to include a set of stairs into one of my US pictures, but I gave up.

No disrespect to your picture (which I really do love), it shows one of the things I dislike about US. The formats that have structure (lake, river, roads, etc.) all look the same. So I've started to be able to recognize when people use them.

That's why I was playing around with changing the format templates to vary things up a bit.

•  

No disrespect to your picture (which I really do love), it shows one of the things I dislike about US. The formats that have structure (lake, river, roads, etc.) all look the same. So I've started to be able to recognize when people use them.

I totally agree.  It reminds me of a friend who lived in California for a while, or my sister (who lives in Victoria but spends a lot of time in Vancouver); when we watch TV shows together, they're always saying "oh, there's that place!"   And even having only been to Van twice and never to Toronto can recognise a lot of locations - maybe not where they really are, but as the "oh, this other show shot in the same place."

Nevertheless, this is an awesome product even just out of the box.  When one starts to fiddle with the various terrain maps, it has so much potential.

So that scene above with the moving river...when I first tried it, I first used an HDRI lgihting, and got the results below, which was terrible for the water?  it looks almost like a road.  Any ideas what I may be doing wrong when using the HDRI?  I ended up switching to the default US lighting coming with it, and it got that nice reflective depth.

(click for bigger)

edited July 2020
    3dOutlaw said:

So that scene above with the moving river...when I first tried it, I first used an HDRI lgihting, and got the results below, which was terrible for the water?  it looks almost like a road.  Any ideas what I may be doing wrong when using the HDRI?  I ended up switching to the default US lighting coming with it, and it got that nice reflective depth.

(click for bigger)

You probably have the HDRI ground set to Manual instead of Auto (in the Render Settings pane Editor tab, Environment section.)  However, I think this is interesting and a clever way to make a road.

Edit: That HDRI isn't providing much light either.  I'd consider rotating it for more light on the subject, or increasing the HDRI intensity. Experiment and see what looks best.

Ground mode Auto.jpg
    546 x 989 - 126K
    Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:

However, I think this is interesting and a clever way to make a road.

LOL!  OK, I'll check the ground setting, thanks!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I've decided I need to learn to use Bryce at least to the extent of creating terrain maps. I'm also planning on getting Scar 8, and I found several Bryce products in the list of Free DO content, including some that are just for creating terrains. I thought I'd mention it here, in case anyone else is interested in picking up one or two of them. (Here's a link to that list filtered by Bryce Software.)

L'Adair said:

I've decided I need to learn to use Bryce at least to the extent of creating terrain maps. I'm also planning on getting Scar 8, and I found several Bryce products in the list of Free DO content, including some that are just for creating terrains. I thought I'd mention it here, in case anyone else is interested in picking up one or two of them. (Here's a link to that list filtered by Bryce Software.)

I can't suggest Filter Forge enough. You don't need a photo editing software as it will run independantly. There are so many different free filters to use as well.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:

I can't suggest Filter Forge enough. You don't need a photo editing software as it will run independantly. There are so many different free filters to use as well.

I have Filter Forge. Even have a few published filters, (here,) but I've not tried to use it for creating terrain maps. It may make a difference that I'm still using 4.0, but if not, I wouldn't mind a few links to filters that would help me create custom terrain maps.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    3dOutlaw said:

(click for bigger)

That looks more like water moving due to surface wind than moving due to stream flow. They look very different.

3dOutlaw said:

(click for bigger)

That looks more like water moving due to surface wind than moving due to stream flow. They look very different.

Honestly that doesn't look that bad to me. It reminds me of a city park or a theme park path.

• edited July 2020
    3dOutlaw said:

I like this a lot. Had a similar idea using the Ireal animated water https://www.daz3d.com/ireal-animated-ocean-water-system.

I didn't let it render to "production quality" but I like the way it turned out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ewYTpkfUU1-ug9XvrdsePIXT7o5Uwjql/view?usp=sharing

Nature00.gif
    768 x 576 - 3M
    Post edited by kennrowe_f558b276d6 on
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

I have Filter Forge. Even have a few published filters, (here,) but I've not tried to use it for creating terrain maps. It may make a difference that I'm still using 4.0, but if not, I wouldn't mind a few links to filters that would help me create custom terrain maps.

When I purchased my copy, I also bought the Filter Library, so all of the then current filters came with it. (I was mobile a lot and this made it a lot easier to browse the filters offline.)

The filters I've had the most luck with:
    Geology 1 (11382)
    Mars Lander (14451)
    Plasma Streams (5291)
    Satellite Image (9450)
    Sedimentary Boulders Rock Face (14206)
    Terrain Heightfield Generator (935)

Most of these will automatically output a Bump Map. The ones that don't, offer options that make the output just gray scale.

I've had the best luck with images that aren't too detailed and have a bit of blur at the color changes.

This discussion has been closed.