UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• DpiximajDpiximaj Posts: 23

While my new machine would smoke my old PC with Vue, the results from this script is excellent!  About 1000 iterations, 45 minutes on a GTX 2080, AMD box. Thanks!

Abandoned crossing(2-39b).jpg
    1920 x 805 - 445K
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020

Awesome image Dpiximaj!  Someone had an accident!

This is the original version of my current render.  You can see the painterly version here (gallery), I included the original because I did use Ultrascatter with it, it was my first time actually using it.  Now they are hard to spot because all I did was bring in some river rocks and scattered them to see how it worked.  Had some difficulties but I figured it out!

OldCountryRoad2020.jpg
    1884 x 1055 - 3M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663
    edited March 2020
    Daventaki said:
    Platnumk said:

Ok, so there seems to be either a missing texture file or the included one is wrongly named.

The script id looking for USC_Autumnleaves_01_2048_diffuse.png but the one thats included is USC_Autumnleaves_01_1024_diffuse.png

This I believe was fixed in the update released Friday.

Many thanks,  The update didn't show in DIM to start with but it is there now :)

Post edited by Platnumk on
  • marko_54026f1cmarko_54026f1c Posts: 6
    edited March 2020

Great product! Thank you :)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Great product! Thank you :)

This is beautifully lit.  How did you do it?  I also like the extreme contrast between the rural idyl and the two robots!

Cheers,

Alex.

• 41cessna41cessna Posts: 22
    edited March 2020

Just got this and can not find where it installed, I have looked back through this thread and the PDF. Can not find its location. I did use the DIM.

Just found it. Thanks.

Post edited by 41cessna on
  • Great product! Thank you :)

This is beautifully lit.  How did you do it?  I also like the extreme contrast between the rural idyl and the two robots!

Cheers,

Alex.

Thx. PS + luminosity masks

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833
    edited March 2020

Great tip about luminosity masks. Does anybody tried them in GIMP?

Post edited by Artini on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,437
    Dpiximaj said:

While my new machine would smoke my old PC with Vue, the results from this script is excellent!  About 1000 iterations, 45 minutes on a GTX 2080, AMD box. Thanks!

this is really nice. wow

what was in the update?
    I'm cranking up DIM right now to hopefully dl it. 

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
    daveso said:

what was in the update?

You no longer get a missing texture error when using the Autumn Apens.

Doc Acme said:
    daveso said:

what was in the update?

You no longer get a missing texture error when using the Autumn Apens.

thanks ... 

• Could somebody please explain to me exactly what the Noise is and does, and how to get the pond floor not visible through the water. Thanks in advance.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited March 2020

Could somebody please explain to me exactly what the Noise is and does, and how to get the pond floor not visible through the water. Thanks in advance.

Noise is just a way to generate random terrain elevations. I think white is high and black is low.

Increase the murkiness of the water to reduce visibility of the pond floor. You may need to go to the surface settings of the UltraScene water and increase it beyond the current limits. Edit: Here's another idea: Apply a volumetric water shader from Mect4d PBS Shaders vol 2.

Post edited by barbult on
    Gordig said:

Interesting camera angle.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

So I had this installed, there was some update, and I tried to download that, but it wouldn't install, so I started over, removed the install file from the DIM waiting room, downloaded it all over again, and now it still won't install, and my original working installation is gone. 

Halp!

edited March 2020
    Gordig said:

To cute, the deer looks like that was an unexpected development.

@Sevrin, Im probably not the best person to answer this because I maybe misunderstanding but did you uninstall the old product and try to reinstall the whole thing? 

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • mavantemavante Posts: 734
    Sevrin said:

So I had this installed, there was some update, and I tried to download that, but it wouldn't install, so I started over, removed the install file from the DIM waiting room, downloaded it all over again, and now it still won't install, and my original working installation is gone. 

Halp!

Exact same thing happened to me. I gave up on DIM, downloaded the file (not with DIM), unzipped it, and installed it manually by copying the zip contents to the correct locations. PITA, but there it is.

So I wanted to show this hear because I finally really dived into UltraScatterPro along with UltraScenery.  I still have a ways to go with USP and getting to do what I want.  I am currently reading up on the commercial thread and I have found Barbult's thread which I am going to start on next.  Yes I realize the vegetation doesn't match up I was tinkering around. The sunflowers and the plants in the water were USP I have created a distrobution map for USP to keep the plants closer to the water.  I realize there are some sunflowers further up I dont know if I didn't plug the map back in or what happened there, if I reopen the instance group it shows it's there but thats ok.  Thinking I need to take after HowieFarkes in his examples and use a couple of basic primitives to get a feel of what all the settings do.  (But thats not near as fun!)

SunflowersbythePond.jpg
    1493 x 1055 - 2M

Does the Absorbtion Depth control work? I can't see that it does anything. Min and max settings give me results that look the same.

• barbult said:

Does the Absorbtion Depth control work? I can't see that it does anything. Min and max settings give me results that look the same.

My thoughts as well.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    edited March 2020
    barbult said:

Unfortunately in later versions of Iray/Studio it does indeed seem to not do anything. Have been trying to find out why but it seems to be a difference in how shaders work in later versions of Iray.

** Update **

Looks like the "Scattering Color" of the water shader is the culprit. Set it to (22, 22, 21) and things should look more like they should. I think the way "Scattering Color" interacted with things has been changed at some point - it used to only need very light colors to have the desired effect but now it uses more intuitive colors.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on

I'll have the water fixed in the next update.

• barbult said:

Unfortunately in later versions of Iray/Studio it does indeed seem to not do anything. Have been trying to find out why but it seems to be a difference in how shaders work in later versions of Iray.

** Update **

Looks like the "Scattering Color" of the water shader is the culprit. Set it to (22, 22, 21) and things should look more like they should. I think the way "Scattering Color" interacted with things has been changed at some point - it used to only need very light colors to have the desired effect but now it uses more intuitive colors.

Are you referring to the Backscattering Color?

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Soooo much fun with this product: here - "Wrong time - wrong place"

• laugh. Actually for people who take selfies in dangerous situations, it's more 'Right Time, Right Place, Right Inevitable Outcome.'.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

laugh. Actually for people who take selfies in dangerous situations, it's more 'Right Time, Right Place, Right Inevitable Outcome.'.

laughyes

barbult said:

** Update **

Are you referring to the Backscattering Color?

Good catch. "Transmitted Color" is the actual one.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    edited March 2020

Soooo much fun with this product: here - "Wrong time - wrong place"

She looks really scary. I give the Trex five minutes, tops!

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
This discussion has been closed.