UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited July 2020

Custom height map with Lake 3, Swamp water.

ter107a05sc02pic05.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 699K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Thank you very much for the masks!  I'm going to try to play around with them tonight.  

You are very welcome!

edited July 2020

UltraScenery made out of a custom height map and the mask.

The masks are the very important feature of UltraScenery.

Maybe the next step would be to have a help with UltraScenery terrains made from the custom height maps and a water.

ter104hm02a03sc05pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    Artini said:

UltraScenery made out of a custom height map and the mask.

The masks are the very important feature of UltraScenery.

Maybe the next step would be to have a help with UltraScenery terrains made from the custom height maps and a water.

You certainly come up with imaginative landscapes! Where do you want water in your scene? Can you just create a second UltraScene with a water feature and then scale/move that UltraSceneWater into position in this one? Then delete the UltraScene you created to get the UltraSceneWater?

Thanks, Barbult.

Yes, I have saved the water as the subset, but your idea is better. I will try more.

Another thought: it would be even better to have some scene wizard to create different custom ecologies and features,

but I do not know, if it is possible to realize.

edited July 2020

Just another UltraScenery made from custom height map and the mask for it.

ter110a05sc03pic07.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited July 2020

and the terrain overview.

ter110a05sc02pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • kervalakervala Posts: 184

I would be very interested by UltraScenery, it looks really amazing :) But I have a question, can we mix a road and a river for example ? I would like to create a scene with a road following a river and eventually put a bridge :)

Thank you :)

kervala said:

I would be very interested by UltraScenery, it looks really amazing :) But I have a question, can we mix a road and a river for example ? I would like to create a scene with a road following a river and eventually put a bridge :)

That is not currently available, as far as I know.

barbult said:
    kervala said:

Thanks for your reply :)

edited July 2020
    kervala said:
    barbult said:
    kervala said:

@kervala I am experimenting pretty successfully with using a custom height map to lower the terrain in an area to create a "river bed" along the side of the Track 01 feature. Then the water is added as described for Artini above. It looks pretty good. It isn't a road, though; it is a dirt track. It only required creating a few custom images for terrain height map and vegetation layer masks in Photoshop (or the editor of your choice). I'll post the image here when it is done rendering.

You can see in the image that I should make my tree mask a little wider for this terrain, because I have trees growing in the water.

River and Track with Fox.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

@Artini, my computer opened on your first image of the towers on the plateau and my first impression was of an Elvin forest lord's castle. Do you do Hobbits?

@barbult, Thank you! That is what I have been trying to do, recreate the Cherry Creek Trail, which is a paved path running for 50 odd miles along the creek through Denver. You can totally forget you are in a city. You just showed me the way. Again. 

(And what is up with the squirrls? I have seen at least five pairs chasing each other up and down oak tree trunks like mad the past few days.)

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,409

Wow!  Artini and barbult, you two are really showing me all kinds of new things to try with this product!  Those renders are amazing!

barbult said:
    kervala said:
    barbult said:
    kervala said:

@kervala I am experimenting pretty successfully with using a custom height map to lower the terrain in an area to create a "river bed" along the side of the Track 01 feature. Then the water is added as described for Artini above. It looks pretty good. It isn't a road, though; it is a dirt track. It only required creating a few custom images for terrain height map and vegetation layer masks in Photoshop (or the editor of your choice). I'll post the image here when it is done rendering.

You can see in the image that I should make my tree mask a little wider for this terrain, because I have trees growing in the water.

Wow ! That's truly amazing, exactly what I needed <3 By road I meant a track, it's in a medieval settings. Thank you so much !

I made another of my river and track images with oaks and aspens this time.

River and Track Oaks with Fox_002 SOx2.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M

I made another of my river and track images with oaks and aspens this time.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,981

I am so tempted to ask where you took the photo, Barbult. Definitely somewhere I want to go. It's an absurdly competent bit of software that can invent a believeable bit of world with a script.

Regards,

Richard.

I don't think I've ever had so much fun with a Daz product.
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562
    edited July 2020

These look fantastic, @Barbult! Have you tried rendering with various depths of field? I know it would effect the beautiful detail of the clouds in the sky, but I'm curious what it would look like given the way the track extends/curves as it heads into the distance.

I'm also curious how that little stand of trees between the tracks and river would look in focus with some DOF separation from those further away.

Anyway, keep the images coming!

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on

These look fantastic, @Barbult! Have you tried rendering with various depths of field? I know it would effect the beautiful detail of the clouds in the sky, but I'm curious what it would look like given the way the track extends/curves as it heads into the distance.

I'm also curious how that little stand of trees between the tracks and river would look in focus with some DOF separation from those further away.

Anyway, keep the images coming!

- Greg

No, I haven't been using DOF. It's one more thing to try. I guess. There seem to be infinite possibilities.

Thanks a lot for the comments, everyone.

Barbult's images are amazing and inspirational, as well.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

@Artini and @barbult - wow! Just wow!

@Artini, my computer opened on your first image of the towers on the plateau and my first impression was of an Elvin forest lord's castle. Do you do Hobbits?

@barbult, Thank you! That is what I have been trying to do, recreate the Cherry Creek Trail, which is a paved path running for 50 odd miles along the creek through Denver. You can totally forget you are in a city. You just showed me the way. Again. 

(And what is up with the squirrls? I have seen at least five pairs chasing each other up and down oak tree trunks like mad the past few days.)

Thanks and a great idea.

I were just playing around with the height maps and that was one of them, I have created.

barbult said:

Agreed. I have always wanted to put figures in a landscape. I hoped Flowscape (FS) was a possible way round, but with no export option & a relatively poor (not sure that's the word, maybe 'unsophisticated') renderer aimed at realtime imaging means that the results are nowhere near as good as UltraScenery (US).

However, if something with the quality of US could be done with the plant/feature/stone/rock painting found in FS, only from within DS, then I'd feel I had found heaven.

Regards,

Richard.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

I generated some custom heightmaps with world creator that you can use as you wish. I used one of them for the terrain and masking to create the rendered picture. 

heightmap-1.png
    1024 x 1024 - 379K
    heightmap-2.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 102K
    heightmap-3.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 130K
    heightmap-4.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 155K
    heightmap-5.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 146K
    heightmap-6.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 61K
    heightmap-7.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 46K
    heightmap-8.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 175K
    Terrain.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 2M
    Terrain-.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    barbult said:

Agreed. I have always wanted to put figures in a landscape. I hoped Flowscape (FS) was a possible way round, but with no export option & a relatively poor (not sure that's the word, maybe 'unsophisticated') renderer aimed at realtime imaging means that the results are nowhere near as good as UltraScenery (US).

However, if something with the quality of US could be done with the plant/feature/stone/rock painting found in FS, only from within DS, then I'd feel I had found heaven.

Regards,

Richard.

Unity 3D

someone maybe HF needs to make a bridge

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Bravo again Howie!

I bought it the day Ultrscenery went to the store but had not time to even look at it till last weekend. I was doing tests while reading thiis thread from scratch. But I'm still at page 16, lol (great tip the sun camera thx to all) and I have a question that I don't know if it has been asked from that page till now at the 63

How to dig a hole for the swimming pool in the Ultrascenery terrain?

I mean, is not only a matter of grass poking over a dress or a floor, is about going down several metres to have a clear transparent pool or you will end with an orchard inside

I've tried several approachs and as the Ultrascenary terrain once created is a mesh object many of them would work if and only if we could run the script again over that same terrain, not creating a new one but only re-installing the plants over it

Creating a surface under the pool and hiding/ deleting works for the terrain not for the veggie cover, Mesh Grabber can deform the terrain as needed but not the veggie layer. So getting an image can be done with double rendering but it would be great to be able to charge again the plants to adapt to manual tweakings in the terrain.

Being able to charge the height map over an already 'posed' terrain would be awesome too!

I asume all must be charged again, as in UltraScatter, in order to change the layers to the tweaked terrain. Is it possible to run the script over an already created UltraScenary terrain?

Can it be done easily Howie?  Thanks for your works once again; this one is amazing

161c 09 rdx3000 down.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 4M
    161c 10 rdx3000 down.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 3M
    Screenshot 2020-07-20 15.30.39.png
    1680 x 1018 - 521K
    edited July 2020

Wendy, Yes & No.

I think a bridge is great IF there is no way of doing it natively in DS. Howie has, in all honesty done the bulk of the work needed for a FS equivalent in UltraScenery (USC) already, now the last link needs to be completed, and it looks like it should be possible entirely natively. An interface to trigger a single instance at a particular point having pre-selected the original model with a point & click is in many ways a simpler task than has already been achieved, if my C++ programming experience is a fair comparison to working with DS. I will add the disclaimer that I do not know the details of how DS interfaces with things like USC, I am just looking at the problem as I would had I been trying to program something similar into my own program developed in C++ Builder (the C++ development package I use). There would be three phases, a switch to toggle creating the selected feature, an 'OnClick' event handler to do the creation of the selected feature, and an 'OnMouseMove' handler to keep triggering the creation event if the mouse is held down and moved from side to side to fill an area. I would love to learn how to do it myself, but I feel I already have too many hobbies and adding 'developing scripts for DS' could only be at the expense of improving the cross stitch program I've created and am quite proud of. 

A bridge to use Unity stuff could be used to expand the range of usable stuff, but it apprears that it's not a pre-requisite - particularly given the amount of high quality material that has already been made available to USC through the various add-ins.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

I was only suggesting it because Flowscape uses Unity features

one wouldstill use Howies content and DAZ content but an interactive bridge would give you the painting etc features used in Flowscape and rendering options using iray for stills or Unity engine for animated flythroughs

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

A thought...  How hard would it be to create an optional "Pro" interface to US?

I would love to be able to monkey with the JSON file, but not mess with the original file. I know you can do this by copying and saving a backup, but I always expect to accidentally overwrite the original.

This discussion has been closed.