GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

Thanks Sal. :-) I DID drag and drop. Several times. I tried it every way I could think of (including, yes, following the instructions painstakingly!). I think I'm done with it today. Will try again tomorrow and if I can't figure it out, I'll attempt to figure out where in the process things are going wonky...

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Thanks Sal. :-) I DID drag and drop. Several times. I tried it every way I could think of (including, yes, following the instructions painstakingly!). I think I'm done with it today. Will try again tomorrow and if I can't figure it out, I'll attempt to figure out where in the process things are going wonky...

ok no problem I just made a video, Ill upload it to youtube later and PM you a link for when your ready for your next attempt to it see if it helps any.
    Have a good night.. :)

Steve.

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Thanks again, Mari-Anne! I did look for something (anything! heh) that looked like it might be Rafael's version of ALLHEAD, but nothing jumped out at me. LOL I'll either figure this out or return the product if it looks like I'm too stoopid. ;-)

Mellissa The easiest way is to drag and drop.

Ill make a video if you want, It really is easy to do once you have done it once, you don't need to export anything. ;)

Let me know if you want me to create a video.

Steve.

Yes, please Mr. Steve. I'd love a video. Sounds like I am just adding much confusing with my "save as CR2 file" option when there is no need to make it that complicated.

Might you include an example of how to create a V3 or A3 character morph for G2F too or is that asking a bit too much?

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I have a crash problem too on exit. I havent had time to really look into. Just started today after the DIM installs.

When does it crash? Each time you close DAZ Studio, even if you didn't use GenX?

Me, too, and yes, even when I haven't used GenX2. Didn't make the connection until saw this thread.

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Sal UK said:
    Thanks again, Mari-Anne! I did look for something (anything! heh) that looked like it might be Rafael's version of ALLHEAD, but nothing jumped out at me. LOL I'll either figure this out or return the product if it looks like I'm too stoopid. ;-)

Ill make a video if you want, It really is easy to do once you have done it once, you don't need to export anything. ;)

Steve.

Yes, please Mr. Steve. I'd love a video. Sounds like I am just adding much confusing with my "save as CR2 file" option when there is no need to make it that complicated.

Might you include an example of how to create a V3 or A3 character morph for G2F too or is that asking a bit too much?

ok Ill upload it shortly I will re-render the video first though to lower its size and upload it to youtube and post the link here, Sorry in advance to sounding tiered in the video...lmao

Steve.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    Sal UK said:

Steve.

ok Ill upload it shortly I will re-render the video first though to lower its size and upload it to youtube and post the link here, Sorry in advance to sounding tiered in the video...lmao

Steve.

Hey Steve - you can sound any way you want to. I am so grateful for your trouble and your willingness to help!!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Slosh said:
    I have a crash problem too on exit. I havent had time to really look into. Just started today after the DIM installs.

When does it crash? Each time you close DAZ Studio, even if you didn't use GenX?

Me, too, and yes, even when I haven't used GenX2. Didn't make the connection until saw this thread.

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0   d3dGenX2.dylib                 0x0000000115015feb GenX::reset() + 21
    1   d3dGenX2.dylib                 0x00000001150175a3 GenX::~GenX() + 27
    2   d3dGenX2.dylib                 0x00000001150265fb GenXPane::~GenXPane() + 51
    3   libdzcore.dylib                0x00000001007fc81d DzPaneMgr::~DzPaneMgr() + 59
    4   QtCore                         0x00000001034079e6 QObjectPrivate::deleteChildren() + 132
    5   QtGui                          0x00000001036f5601 QWidget::~QWidget() + 1235
    6   libdzcore.dylib                0x000000010071accc DzMainWindowMenu::~DzMainWindowMenu() + 38
    7   QtCore                         0x00000001034079e6 QObjectPrivate::deleteChildren() + 132
    8   QtGui                          0x00000001036f5601 QWidget::~QWidget() + 1235
    9   libdzcore.dylib                0x0000000100711d11 DzMainWindow::~DzMainWindow() + 209
    10  libdzcore.dylib                0x00000001001c4922 DzApp::~DzApp() + 1052
    11  com.DAZ.DAZStudio              0x0000000100001605 main + 511
    12  com.DAZ.DAZStudio              0x00000001000013e4 start + 52

I'm afraid it's in the GenX destructor. Probably resetting something which hadn't got set up in the first place.

-- Morgan

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Sal UK said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    Sal UK said:

Steve.

Steve.

Hey Steve - you can sound any way you want to. I am so grateful for your trouble and your willingness to help!!

Would love to have a video to transfer a A3 morph to G2, as you can see by the image I posted my attempt didn't work too well :(

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:

Likewise. Crash on exit.

edited March 2014

Kharma said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    Sal UK said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    Sal UK said:

Steve.

Steve.

Would love to have a video to transfer a A3 morph to G2, as you can see by the image I posted my attempt didn't work too well :(

Hi I havent got A3 but you should be able to see what I am doing in the video just waiting for it to upload, does A3 come with any additional morphs that the character your trying transfer uses? Such as if it was V4 for instance and the character I wanted to transfer also needed V4++ morphs you would have to add them to GenX also. not sure if I am explaining that right but hopefully the video will help..

Steve.

***EDIT*** Had a problem with the sound there wasnt any after upload just trying a different method now.... :s

Post edited by Sal UK on
  • edited December 1969

apollyonpt2: I'm not sure, but I guess something went wrong during uninstall or install of Genesis 2. Maybe there are two versions of it now in different content libraries. Look in all your content libraries under data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2 if it exists more than once. If so, either delete everything and install again, or try merging it into one. Or maybe address customer support at DAZ, maybe they know more about this.

In the Content Library tab, there is the "Content Directory Manager" (accessible from the tab menu), which lists all folders DS is searching.

you were right, i was able to pin point the problem, it seems i have 2 versions of genesis 2, one is 1837kb, and works fine with genx, the one i had before is 1836kb and is not compatible, how come i have two versions? O_o

How can i fix this :(, you mention merging it into one,but i have no idea how i could do this, i dont want to delete everything please :(

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

@Steve, Mulberry A3 requires A3 morphs and maps

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I broke it, it's crashing again, now anytime I try to select a source it crashes again

edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    I broke it, it's crashing again, now anytime I try to select a source it crashes again

I had this happen after shutting down DS and re opening it seemed to fix it for me.

Steve.

edited December 1969

Ok not sure if this will help but here is my drag and drop tutorial(ish) sorry its the first one I have done where I spoke..lol Where I say click and hold the mouse button and drag to this window I mean GenX2's window the cursor disapears in the video and didnt notice until after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc8NnYqr2MA&feature=youtu.be

Hope its of some help!

Steve.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited March 2014

I tried, sometimes it works but it ultimately ends up crashing, when I am able to get it to work and try transferring, it says values are zero and after clicking ok the location bars are completely empty and no longer filled in

Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Ok not sure if this will help but here is my drag and drop tutorial(ish) sorry its the first one I have done where I spoke..lol Where I say click and hold the mouse button and drag to this window I mean GenX2's window the cursor disapears in the video and didnt notice until after.

Hope its of some help!

Steve.

Thank you very much for taking the time to do the vid! I just watched it and going to try and put it into action.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Hope its of some help!

Steve.

Thank you very, very much, Steve. I will tackle this tomorrow morning, when i can concentrate better.

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Hope its of some help!

Steve.

Steve, you are my hero.

I didn't know I needed to drag/drop M4's morph++, too. Whenever I put M4 into a scene, his morphs all load automatically, so it simply didn't occur to me they wouldn't do so here.

THANK YOU! Problem solved.

M.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited March 2014

Nice job on this D3D. Out of complete curiosity, my first test was transferring the fiend base from G2F to Genesis. I think it came out really well.

G2F is purple, Genesis 1 is blue. Both are using a pose from the fiend doll stands for G2F.

Now to go wild transferring things to G2F. lol

Fiend_Genesis.png
    1920 x 1050 - 564K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Very nice! I have successfully converted 3 characters. 2 M4's to Genesis 2 and 1 Genesis to Genesis 2. Still have an issue of Studio bombing out after each one but I find if I close and restart 2-3 times I can do a morph again so I have a work around.

Now I gotta work on converting the skins. :)

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Well, the new 'smooth' transfer option is definitely not the option to use on all G1 to G2 transfers. Just transferred with GenX2 on 'smooth' setting the Genesis Evolution Muscularity and Genesis Alive! morph sets to G2F and G2M, which I also did some time ago with the Transfer Utility, and compared against the Transfer Utility versions and also against the original morphs on a Genesis morphed to the same G2 base shape. The 'smooth' option definitely does what it says on the tin and smooths out the muscle definition in the morphs - with Muscle Volume dialled to 1, the 'smooth'-transferred morphs on G2F and G2M make the figures look about 15 pounds less muscle, 15 pounds more fat than Genesis with the original morphs or G2F and G2M with the transfer utilitied ones.

So for morphs with some 'cut' detail (not just muscle morphs - some of the female morphs have some quite 'cut; detail round the hip bones, abs etc), one shouldn't assume that 'smooth' is the option to use for G1->G2.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,519
    edited December 1969

...bugger, apparently I originally installed the Generation X character add ons with the old Bitrock .exe installers so they don't show up in the DIM as being updated.

That means I have to manually install them, that does not sound like fun as I'm not sure where they need to go.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

If you've still got those bitrock installers, reinstall them with the uninstaller option active, then run the uninstaller, pull the plugin file manually, and then download and install through the DIM.

edited December 1969

...what if I manually uninstall, then DL the DIM installers use the DIM, will that work?

Just don't want to put anything in the wrong place, and if there is ever a future update, the DIM will automatically notify me.

edited March 2014

They wouldn't show up as updates anyways. They are completely separate files from the first versions. They'll be listed as GenX2 AddOn rather than GenX AddOn.

To completely remove the old version of GenX and the addons, delete these folders and files:

c:\users\appdata\YOURUSERNAME\roaming\daz 3d\studio4\GenX
    Appdata is a hidden folder by default, so you'll need to enable hidden files and folders to see it.
    Deleting the GenX folder will delete files from both the addons and the main plugin.
    ONLY delete that GenX folder, nothing else.

Also, from your main daz studio installation, delete
    /plugins/d3dGenX.dll
    /plugins/install_genx.bat
    /plugins/uninstall_genx.bat

From there you can install Genesis Generation X2 and GenX2 AddOns via DIM

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

This is why I love GenX. I've had Jojographics’ Summer Glau clone Sun V4.2 for a while, but she always looked a little old. Ported her to G2F, de-aged her with Zev0’s youth morphs and the skin from FW Art’s FW Diana, then added Goldtassel’s End Of Summer hair for a completely unintentional visual pun. As always, D3D, thank you for this amazing product.

Sun_for_G2F.jpg
    1774 x 1541 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    They wouldn't show up as updates anyways. They are completely separate files from the first versions. They'll be listed as GenX2 AddOn rather than GenX AddOn.

To completely remove the old version of GenX and the addons, delete these folders and files:

c:\users\appdata\YOURUSERNAME\roaming\daz 3d\studio4\GenX
    Appdata is a hidden folder by default, so you'll need to enable hidden files and folders to see it.
    Deleting the GenX folder will delete files from both the addons and the main plugin.
    ONLY delete that GenX folder, nothing else.

Also, from your main daz studio installation, delete
    /plugins/d3dGenX.dll
    /plugins/install_genx.bat
    /plugins/uninstall_genx.bat

From there you can install Genesis Generation X2 and GenX2 AddOns via DIM

...shouldn't the uninstaller do that? Never had to manually go around and delete stuff.
    edited December 1969

If you have them, yes. I was just giving an alternate method in case you didn't have them (I wasn't sure if you did or not based on JOdel's comment above).

edited December 1969

...yeah I have them listed with the other bitrock uninstallers.