GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Nevermind I think, I after it crashed I opened it up again and it loaded all 3 just fine

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Finally managed to get to grips with GenX (in this latest incarnation)!!! Just manged to transfer Sparky's Lacerian (a lizard character) to Genesis!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

...so this will transfer Poser characters (like Miki) to Genesis?

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Where do I find Olympia/Gia morphs so I can transfer them to Genesis?

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

The documents say the 'smooth' option is generally best for lower to higher rez figures like G1 to G2, and Fast generally best for higher to lower like V4 to G1 or G2. But I didn't see any mention of what the 'Edges' option was best for. Any guidelines on what it might be the best option for?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so this will transfer Poser characters (like Miki) to Genesis?

No. Miki is a separate figure, not just a character for a supported figure. Supported Poser figures are V4, M4, K4, and (with appropriate add-ons) V3, M3, D3, S3, A3, H3 and F3. Characters for those bases only can be converted to Genesis and G2F/M, No characters for any of the comes-with-Poser figures,

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

apollyonpt2: I'm not sure, but I guess something went wrong during uninstall or install of Genesis 2. Maybe there are two versions of it now in different content libraries. Look in all your content libraries under data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2 if it exists more than once. If so, either delete everything and install again, or try merging it into one. Or maybe address customer support at DAZ, maybe they know more about this.

In the Content Library tab, there is the "Content Directory Manager" (accessible from the tab menu), which lists all folders DS is searching.

Kyoto Kid: Sorry, this time the answer is "No". GenX2 only transfers morphs for figures, where the base shape is already available for Genesis.

Knight22179: If you are looking for a particular morph, use the search feature for the morph list. This is the collapsible area above the main area. Olympia and Gia should be under "(region) actor".

DavidGB: The "Edges" mode is a variation of the "Fast" mode. It also considers the polygon orientation when calculating the morphs. This should work better in cases where the morph changes the geometry at locations where the original geometry is not smooth. But actually, you just have to try if it works better in a particular case or not.

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

Well, here I am again requesting a step-by-step Tutorial for Dummies. I bought Genesis Generation X2 and the GenX2 add-on for Genesis first thing this morning and have read both manuals from beginning to end and then some, and I’ve read over this thread, and yet I am unable to suss out how to do what I want to do. Which is: transfer the Michael 4 character Rafael to G2M. I own V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis (if that matters, and I think it does). So far in the many experiments I’ve conducted over the course of the day, I’ve only been able to transfer Genesis morphs to G2M.

Anyway, I’m at a loss and could really use that step-by-step…

Thanks.

M.

P.S.: in the product description for Genesis Generation 2, the links to the product pages for Gen 4 Legacy shapes and V4 and M4 shapes are mixed up (each link goes to the other product’s page).

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Well, here I am again requesting a step-by-step Tutorial for Dummies. I bought Genesis Generation X2 and the GenX2 add-on for Genesis first thing this morning and have read both manuals from beginning to end and then some, and I’ve read over this thread, and yet I am unable to suss out how to do what I want to do. Which is: transfer the Michael 4 character Rafael to G2M. I own V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis (if that matters, and I think it does). So far in the many experiments I’ve conducted over the course of the day, I’ve only been able to transfer Genesis morphs to G2M.

Thanks.

M.

P.S.: in the product description for Genesis Generation 2, the links to the product pages for Gen 4 Legacy shapes and V4 and M4 shapes are mixed up (each link goes to the other product’s page).

Hi Melissa - if this will help, you can substitute Rafael & G2M where I use A Little Love & G2F as necessary & use these steps that I ran by Dimension 3D:

1. Open D|S and Load V4 via Power loader

2. Load A Little Love - Body & Face

3. Save A Little Love as a CR2 file

4. Open GenX2 and Load A Little Love.CR2

5. Select BODY, CHEST, LHAND, RHAND, but only ALLHEAD under Head

6. Right-Click and click All > Transfer ON

7. Click Transfer (use Create Single Morph)

8. Name Morph and click Accept

9. Close and re-open Daz Studio

10. Load G2Female

11. Set Parameter to V4 = 1

12. Set Parameter to A Little Love = 1

To which Ralf added the following comments:

1. Usually, it should work to load the base V4 in GenX and then use morph injection poses to add all necessary morphs.

6. "Transfer: On for non-zero values" should select all morphs used in a character.

9. It should be enough to start a new scene. And even this should be only necessary, if the figure you created new morphs for was loaded in the scene.

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Ok, dumb question. I installed GenX2 and after checking in "About Installed Plugins" I have the GenX2 in the green. However, when I open the Window Pane for GenX it still says GenX instead of GenX2. Is there supposed be no name change?

Also, I want to start transferring Gia/Olympia Morphs to Genesis. But I have no idea where to locate their morphs. Can anyone please me out? :)

Same here. I uninstalled GenX prior to installing and like you have the Plugin saying Genesis Generation X2 with the tab staying as GenX

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:

Thanks.

M.

Hi Melissa - if this will help, you can substitute Rafael & G2M where I use A Little Love & G2F as necessary & use these steps that I ran by Dimension 3D:

10. Load G2Female

1. Usually, it should work to load the base V4 in GenX and then use morph injection poses to add all necessary morphs.

6. "Transfer: On for non-zero values" should select all morphs used in a character.

9. It should be enough to start a new scene. And even this should be only necessary, if the figure you created new morphs for was loaded in the scene.

Maybe that's where I went wrong...I don't know how to save as a CR2 file. I go to File/Save as and I'm given several options, all of which seem to save as a .duf file...

edited December 1969

Wait! I searched in the forum and found out it's actually an export option, not save, right?

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:

Thanks.

M.

10. Load G2Female

Maybe that's where I went wrong...I don't know how to save as a CR2 file. I go to File/Save as and I'm given several options, all of which seem to save as a .duf file...

Click on File > Export instead of File > Save. Then create a new folder under My DAZ 3D Library > Runtime > libraries > Character

That should do the trick.

edited December 1969

I seem to have a problem finding the Gen3 AddOns. DIM says I have all Gen3 AddOn files installed. They are dated 2/22/2014 so they must be the updated ones, right? But I find all kinds of V4, V6, Olympia etc. sliders under Actor > People in the Parameters, but nothing for V3 or the other Gen3 figures? I'm probably not looking in the right spot?

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I want to transfer Mulberry A3 to G2, but where I am to choose the source there is no option for A3 only Genesis, G2 Female and G2 male, why don't the options for A3, S3, D3, V4, M4 etc show up there? I have all the shapes and addons installed already.

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I want to transfer Mulberry A3 to G2, but where I am to choose the source there is no option for A3 only Genesis, G2 Female and G2 male, why don't the options for A3, S3, D3, V4, M4 etc show up there? I have all the shapes and addons installed already.

If you export Mulberry A3 as a CR2 file, and then use "Load" in GenX2 to get the source, it should show up as whatever you named your CR2 file in the drop down menu.

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Kharma said:

If you export Mulberry A3 as a CR2 file, and then use "Load" in GenX2 to get the source, it should show up as whatever you named your CR2 file in the drop down menu.

but isn't the source A3? Previously in GenX original program I had to drag V4 onto genX window and the injection morphs then the injection morphs of the character I wanted to transfer. Do I do the same in GenX2? also I cannot even find my Legacy shapes in the shaping tab for any Gen 3 characters

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited March 2014

I have to wait another couple of weeks before I can get this but clearly a lot of work has gone into this revamped plugin and I can't wait to get it. :)

Post edited by KinnieM on
  • Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    Kharma said:

but isn't the source A3? Previously in GenX original program I had to drag V4 onto genX window and the injection morphs then the injection morphs of the character I wanted to transfer. Do I do the same in GenX2? also I cannot even find my Legacy shapes in the shaping tab for any Gen 3 characters

Yes you can drag and drop figure then the morphs.

Steve

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    Kharma said:

Yes, A3 is the source. There's no need for any cr2 saving except in certain more difficult cases (like when the original character uses pmd morphs). The original figure is A3, Use the load button to get a file window to let you pick the A3 in your Poser runtime, or just drag and drop it like in GenX original. The source option only lists the Genesis figures, you need to drag-and-drop or file load the Poser figures.

There are no Legacy shape morphs for the Gen 3 figures in Genesis 2, which is why you can't find any. But GenX2 will make an A3 one for Genesis 2 Female from the one for Genesis 1 (presuming you have that).

edited December 1969

One little feature request for any next version/update, if I may.

It would be handy to be able to search the morph list by group name, not just morph name, for cases where one wants to convert a morph pack that's scattered over many regions, though with the same group name in each - like e.g. the Genesis Evolution Muscularity morphs that are distributed through most of the regions, plus Pose groups in the Body.

Great update at a great price. Thanks very much.

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:

There are no Legacy shape morphs for the Gen 3 figures in Genesis 2, which is why you can't find any. But GenX2 will make an A3 one for Genesis 2 Female from the one for Genesis 1 (presuming you have that).

David - Is this why I don't find any Gen3 sliders under the Parameters tab once I have transferred a V3 Character via GenX2 to G2F? I have successfully created my V3 character morph to G2F but I don't know how to apply it. Don't I have to set some sort of V3 slider to 1 like I have to do with the V4 character morphs once I have "GenX2ed" them to G2F?

Or are you saying I have to first create a V3 character morph for Genesis and then do another transfer from Genesis to G2F?

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Melissa Conway: When following the steps from the quick start, where does it fail? The main difference between transferring from Genesis or transferring from a Poser figure is when you load them. Genesis is selected from the Source menu, Poser figures are loaded by drag'n'drop from the content library. Also, you need to inject the morphs for Poser figures from injection pose files. (Like in Poser, unlike DS, which loads them by Power Loader.) Resaving the Poser figure should be not required, except for special cases like binary morphs.

Mari-Anne: The Gen3 add-ons require the generation 3 iconic shapes for Genesis like "V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis". If they are installed, they are listed in Genesis 1. There are no generation 3 shapes for Genesis 2, so you have to transfer them with GenX to Genesis 2. Also, GenX2 will create a morph for Genesis 2 when you transfer a morph from a generation 3 Poser figure to Genesis 2. The converted clone morphs are found under "Generation X / ** People **".

Kharma: The Source button lists the Genesis figures and recently loaded Poser figures. To load a Poser figure for the first time, drag'n'drop it from the DS content library or use the Load Figure button to locate the CR2 file. The same for injection poses, either drag'n'drop or use Apply Pose. This is still the same as in version 1 of GenX, just the position of the buttons has changed. To use the generation 3 legacy shapes with Genesis 2, you have to transfer them with GenX from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2.

DavidGB: You may sort the morph list by the group name by clicking on the Group header. But searching for group should be easy to implement, and I have to do an update soon anyway because the problem with crashes on some systems.

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Mari-Anne said:

Thanks.

M.

10. Load G2Female

Click on File > Export instead of File > Save. Then create a new folder under My DAZ 3D Library > Runtime > libraries > Character

That should do the trick.

Thank you very much Mari-Anne, for trying to help. Exporting to .CR2 is a little more complicated than I expected (there is a dialog box that wants information), but I think I managed. Unfortunately, I was not given the option of ALLHEAD, and I didn't know how to go about naming my morph, so was unable to accomplish my goal.

edited December 1969

Melissa Conway: When following the steps from the quick start, where does it fail? The main difference between transferring from Genesis or transferring from a Poser figure is when you load them. Genesis is selected from the Source menu, Poser figures are loaded by drag'n'drop from the content library. Also, you need to inject the morphs for Poser figures from injection pose files. (Like in Poser, unlike DS, which loads them by Power Loader.) Resaving the Poser figure should be not required, except for special cases like binary morphs.

I don't use Poser. Not at ALL. Rafael is a character created for Michael 4 and I used it in DS. So, please excuse my general confusion.

edited March 2014

Melissa - needless to say. Dimension 3D and DavidGB are MUCH more knowledgeable than I am so do whatever they tell you. However, should you still be trying to do it "my" way, I just wanted to clarify that in my case, I selected ALLHead under the HEAD morphs because that was what the A Little Love head morph file was named. In your case, it was undoubtedly something having to do with Rafael's head. If you expend the HEAD option in GenX2, it should list what your file names are.

As far as knowing what to name your morph goes, you can name it whatever makes sense to you. In my case I named my morph A Little LoveG2, but anything would work - just whatever suits your fancy.

Good Luck! I know how lost you can feel in all this. As you can tell, I am having my own confusions with Gen3 conversions. Good Luck to both of us, eh;)

Post edited by Mari-Anne on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Ok, I was able to transfer Gia and Olympia to Genesis! YES! They look very good! I only tested a little, but so far I am very happy! :)

Thank you very much, Dimension3D! :)

edited December 1969

Thanks again, Mari-Anne! I did look for something (anything! heh) that looked like it might be Rafael's version of ALLHEAD, but nothing jumped out at me. LOL I'll either figure this out or return the product if it looks like I'm too stoopid. ;-)

edited March 2014

Ok I dropped A3 into the GenX tab, then added the Mulberry A3 injections, transferred to G2 Female as single morph and this is what I got...what the heck happened to her eyes? I know some of Thorn/Sarsa characters have eyefix but I couldn't find one for this one.

Edit: I do have the clone morph under people for A3 now also a morph for Mulberry, but no way to delete them

mulberry_test.jpg
    960 x 1920 - 411K
    Post edited by Kharma on
  • Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited March 2014

Thanks again, Mari-Anne! I did look for something (anything! heh) that looked like it might be Rafael's version of ALLHEAD, but nothing jumped out at me. LOL I'll either figure this out or return the product if it looks like I'm too stoopid. ;-)

Mellissa The easiest way is to drag and drop.

Ill make a video if you want, It really is easy to do once you have done it once, you don't need to export anything. ;)

Let me know if you want me to create a video.

Steve.

Post edited by Sal UK on