GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

From reading, my issue seems ti be like Tryrangs. I tried to send email and it would not let me. Maybe because I am on my cell. I dont know. I will try again after work.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

scorpio64dragon: The generation 3 add-ons should have two versions in DIM each, one starting with GenX and one with GenX2. The GenX2 version is for GenX2, the GenX version for GenX1. Package date 23/02/2014 is the updated version.

artistb3: If you transferred the full set of morphs for several figures, I recommend to delete them (or simply move the morph files outside of the Morphs folder if you want to keep them as a backup) and to transfer the morphs again.

For morphs that you created with the "Create single morph" transfer mode, I would only transfer them again, if you think they need to be improved. Also, you can transfer them with a different name, so you can keep the old and compare them directly.

There are different types of improvements in the new version. First, there are two improved transfer modes, "Edges" and "Smooth" (while "Fast" is the one from version 1). While "Smooth" is highly recommended for transfers from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 because they have a similar vertex count, the improvements for Poser figures is rather subtle. The same holds for "Edges", which may work better in some cases, but also may work less well in other cases. So, it's worth a try if you think the morph needs improvement, but don't expect too different results.

Then, there are improvements how dependencies between morphs and how differences in rigging are handled. This doesn't affect the "create single morph" mode much, but should give better working morphs when using the separate morphs. That's why I recommend to give it a new start when using the full morph set.

Finally, there are improvements in the definitions for particular figures. E.g. some areas like the nipples don't match well for some of the clone morphs. This is now corrected by GenX, so transferring a morph again may be reasonable in cases, where you see flaws in your existing transferred morph.

All of these improvements are not for Genesis 2, but for transfers in general. The one new feature restricted to Genesis 2 is the transfer of morphs to/from/between Genesis 2. (Even this is not really restricted to Genesis 2, it could be used with other TriAx figures as well.)

Other new features are converting clone morphs to full morphs automatically and scaled clone morphs, which is in particular interesting for Kids4. Also, some rather internal improvements were made to allow new add-ons like the ones I announced in the other thread.

Sal UK: Anyone with a crash when loading a figure in GenX2 or/and when closing DS, please send me an e-mail.

none01ohone: When not using DIM, please uninstall the previous version. If both are installed together, I think it's random which one is acually present in DAZ Studio.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Please forgive me if this question has already been answered.

I got Gen4 on Rendro, then I bought the upgrade here a while back. If I buy GenX2, will I still get the 66% discount at Checkout?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Please forgive me if this question has already been answered.

I got Gen4 on Rendro, then I bought the upgrade here a while back. If I buy GenX2, will I still get the 66% discount at Checkout?

Yes I did it that way and got the discount.

Thanks D3D got them and thank you for your time in answering questions - I hope you get a chance to relax soon.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited March 2014

Sal UK: Anyone with a crash when loading a figure in GenX2 or/and when closing DS, please send me an e-mail.

Its ok I think I sorted it, I forgot to uninstall GenX 1 from within DIM I uninstalled both then reinstalled GenX2 and It hasnt crashed since.
    I was just coming over to fix my post when I saw your reply.

Steve

Post edited by Sal UK on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi Dimension 3D it seems good chance for me to get your plug-in.
    (Usually I have used TU to tarnsfer morphs then adjust rig, set ERC again etc,,,)

then I hope to know, If I get your plugi in what I can do,
    which we can not achieve by transfer utility only? (and each figure clones)

Or your plug in can automate steps which we can achieve by transfer utility, and tools included in daz studio 4.6?

At least I must get your plug in. then I hope if your plug in can transfer not only morph but controller and
    set them to each figure correctly or not.

because I think,, I need many practice about setting until get full power of your plug in.
    so that I hope to know clear, what Can I do ,with your plugin and what I can not,
    untill satart to play with your plug in:)

My interesting is about rigs adjustment. eg I have some expression controller porducts for genesis 1.
    then these contrller usually have ERC with rigs and morph too.

then If I use this plug in, and try to transfer controllers how it work?

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

scorpio64dragon: The generation 3 add-ons should have two versions in DIM each, one starting with GenX and one with GenX2. The GenX2 version is for GenX2, the GenX version for GenX1. Package date 23/02/2014 is the updated version.

I have the Gen 3 shape bundle ( http://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle ) but I am sorry to say I just see one file for each package . There is no GenX nor GenX2 version prefix, just the three packages with this kind of name:

IM00014203-01_A3andH3ShapesforGenesis.zip

It is all that appears when you try to download the updated packages via DIM or from the Product Library.

I do not even see David 3 in any of the packages. He should be in the archive containing Aiko 3 and the Freak 3 but I do not see him anywhere. He is meanwhile mentioned on the bundle page as part of the bundle...

I have this David 3 by MallenLane:

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/david-3-for-genesis

From what is said on the following page, David 3 by MallenLane is required:

http://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-for-s3-d3-and-f3

But no David 3 shape in your bundle files and no GenX nor GenX2 prefix...

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

I'm having crashes since installing the Gen3 updates this seems to occur when transferring body shapes.

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh hey! I can care about Gen 2 stuff now!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    edited December 1969

Sorry for those having issues, but had to give my thanks to Ralf. GenX1 was the main reason i started working with genesis 1 and it has been the cornerstone for all my characters in my projects. I have been trying to get GF2 to morph into something that would work for my projects with no luck.

I bought the update last night, deleted the old version this morning and installed the new version along with the GF2 addon. I just finished transferring 4 custom FBMs that were done in Zbrush for V4 awhile back that have been my goto shapes for most of my projects and they work beautifully on GF2!!

Thanks for a great product, great support and the great upgrade price, it is much appreciated!!

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Wilfred said:

I have the Gen 3 shape bundle ( http://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle ) but I am sorry to say I just see one file for each package . There is no GenX nor GenX2 version prefix, just the three packages with this kind of name:

IM00014203-01_A3andH3ShapesforGenesis.zip

It is all that appears when you try to download the updated packages via DIM or from the Product Library.

I do not even see David 3 in any of the packages. He should be in the archive containing Aiko 3 and the Freak 3 but I do not see him anywhere. He is meanwhile mentioned on the bundle page as part of the bundle...

I have this David 3 by MallenLane:

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/david-3-for-genesis

From what is said on the following page, David 3 by MallenLane is required:

http://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-for-s3-d3-and-f3

But no David 3 shape in your bundle files and no GenX nor GenX2 prefix...

Generation 3 stands for the third generation of DAZ figures. AKA V3, M3, D3. DAZ created Generation 3 shapes for Genesis the same as they created Generation 4 shapes for Genesis.

Simply put to transfer morphs for David 3 (the original David 3) using GenX, you need the GenX plugin, the David 3 shape for Geneis by DAZ3D and MallenLane and the GenX add on for S3, D3, and F3. If you don't own all of these products, it won't work.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

I'm only seeing the older 1.2 executable for all the products in GenX AddOn Gen3 Bundle when I go and look in my Product Library. 1.2 was the older version.

The newer versions can't be downloaded.

Plus the older 1.2 version doesn't indicate if it is for the older version or newer version of GenX.

Also, the serials in my Serial Keys don't distinguish between the Genx & GenX 2. The 2 serial keys both have the same product name but are different keys.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    I'm only seeing the older 1.2 executable for all the products in GenX AddOn Gen3 Bundle when I go and look in my Product Library. 1.2 was the older version.

The newer versions can't be downloaded.

Plus the older 1.2 version doesn't indicate if it is for the older version or newer version of GenX.

Also, the serials in my Serial Keys don't distinguish between the Genx & GenX 2. The 2 serial keys both have the same product name but are different keys.

In my Product Library, picking each of the three individual products in the bundle gives me downloads for:

GenX AddOn Gen3 for S3 D3 and F3 (Mac)
    GenX AddOn Gen3 for S3 D3 and F3 (Win)
    GenX2 AddOn Gen3 for S3 D3 and F3 (Mac)
    GenX2 AddOn Gen3 for S3 D3 and F3 (Win)

and the equivalents for the V3/M3 and A3/F3 products. I haven't installed and tried the GenX2 ones yet, but Windows exe files with the appropriate GenX2 names certainly downloaded from the links.

edited December 1969

kitakoredaz: First of all, GenX should be easier to use then Transfer Utility, because it just requires to select the morph and transfer it without manual adjustments.

Also, it uses several special techniques and figure specific information to improve the transfer. E.g. it separates parts that should not interfer like the upper and lower lip, it compensates differences between the clone morphs and the shape morphs, and it creates automated joint adjustments for differences in the joints. Morphs transferred by GenX will also include any transformations controlled by the morphs like scaling or rotating. GenX2 handles the problem that rotating the lower jaw in Genesis 2 will also open the mouth, while it only rotates the inner part of the mouth for Genesis and the generation 4 figures.

Finally, if you transfer morphs like Hitomi or The Girl, GenX2 may transfer the adjustment morphs and all dependencies as well. So, opening the mouth or closing the eyes for these figures will still work after transfer. This works very well as you can see in the promo images showing Girl 4 and Hitomi transferred to Genesis 2.

Wilfred: For me, DIM and Product Library show both installers, the GenX and the GenX2 versions. In Product Library, there should be 8 downloads in total: one for Win/Mac, GenX/GenX2, and EXE/DIM-Installer each. Maybe you need to refresh something to make them visible. Otherwise, address DAZ customer support, the update should be listed now.

If you have the Gen3 bundle, there will be separate downloads for each part of the bundle: V3/M3, A3/H3, and S3/D3/F3. David is included in the product with Stephanie 3 and Freak 3. All figures in one product are included in one installer.

scorpio64dragon: Send me an e-mail with as much details as possible about when the crash occurs.

Jay_NOLA: 1.2 is for GenX, 2.0 is for GenX2. If only the old version shows, you may need to refresh somehow, or you may need to contact DAZ customer support. The updated files are showing in Product Library for me and for other customers.

edited December 1969

How do I delete a converted morph? I did as a test but now I am stuck with it in my parameters tab..

Thanks

Steve.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Thank you Dimension3D;-)
    I really hoped to know these detail.:-) I placed order.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    How do I delete a converted morph? I did as a test but now I am stuck with it in my parameters tab..

Thanks

Steve.

There are several options:
    1. If you just transfer a morph with the same name, the old one is replaced.
    2. In the "Morphs" tab of GenX, you can list all morph files and delete or disable them there.
    3. In the Morphs folder for a figure in the content library data folder, you will find the morph files and can delete them there.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Thanks

Steve.

There are several options:
    1. If you just transfer a morph with the same name, the old one is replaced.
    2. In the "Morphs" tab of GenX, you can list all morph files and delete or disable them there.
    3. In the Morphs folder for a figure in the content library data folder, you will find the morph files and can delete them there.

Yes I did try to overwrite it but saw no change, But I just shutdown DS and re opened it and it worked I guess it didn't refresh to allow the changes to be seen.

Thanks for the reply.

Steve.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Is there an expiry for the discount for previous purchasers, or will it always be there? I'm tied up with a new PC build and won't really be able to get any more DS stuff till I'm done with it, and that's likely to be mid June at the earliest.

CHEERS!

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have a request for Genesis: A finger offset morph for use when applying Gen2 shapes to Gen1. I don't know if this would be a separate product or something, but I see the need for it.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Thank You for the amazing upgrade price, I too thought it would be much much more, just need to hopefully download and install

edited March 2014

Ok, dumb question. I installed GenX2 and after checking in "About Installed Plugins" I have the GenX2 in the green. However, when I open the Window Pane for GenX it still says GenX instead of GenX2. Is there supposed be no name change?

Also, I want to start transferring Gia/Olympia Morphs to Genesis. But I have no idea where to locate their morphs. Can anyone please me out? :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited March 2014

Apparently you are supposed to uninstall the first version first. I didnt now I have serious clashing and source figures cannot be found.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

How come my Product Library is showing this as a 6.95 MB download, but Install Manager is showing 793K?

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited March 2014

Wilfred: For me, DIM and Product Library show both installers, the GenX and the GenX2 versions. In Product Library, there should be 8 downloads in total: one for Win/Mac, GenX/GenX2, and EXE/DIM-Installer each. Maybe you need to refresh something to make them visible. Otherwise, address DAZ customer support, the update should be listed now.

Thank you very much for your help. I have found the origin of the problem: I was looking at the DAZ packages...

Thank you for the nice price for previous owners of GenX1.

wilfred

Post edited by Unseen on
    edited December 1969

Sal UK: You may need to start a new scene after creating new morphs to force DS to rescan the morphs folder.

Rogerbee: To my knowledge, the coupon for previous customers is "long term", but I don't know for sure if or when it will expire. I will ask ...

dan.shive: A bit more details about what the finger offset morph is supposed to do ...

Knight22179: Zev0 is right. You need to uninstall the previous version. (Or simply delete d3dGenX.dll/dylib from the plugins folder.)

Zev0: See my reply to your mail how to fix this.

Legionair: Because DIM is a zip with the data only, but the EXE installers include lot of nice images and other fancy things to entertain you while your are watching the installation process.

edited March 2014

Zev0 said:
    Apparently you are supposed to uninstall the first version first. I didnt now I have serious clashing and source figures cannot be found.

I uninstalled the first version. ;)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,574
    edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    Thank You for the amazing upgrade price, I too thought it would be much much more, just need to hopefully download and install

...hopefully this will be offered through Friday, actually have a bit of extra money coming in then.
  • edited March 2014

i need help pls!

so i installed genx and tried to transfer some morphs, but for some reason it said that it couldnt find the correct geometry?
    so i reinstalled the starter pack for genesis2

and now this happens

it shows the figure has grey blocks, and doesnt load either the geometry or those morphs, but if i load genesis2 from the content tab it loads normal, but the saved scenes all have the same problem, and the custom morphs made on zbrush dont load aswell.

Since i have 3 content library i thought that maybe it was being missplaced for some reason but after copy everything from one place to another it seems to have no effect.

In the picture u can see its trying to find the data from /data/daz 3d/etc etc etc, but i cannot see the root of where its looking, is there a way to see where exactly daz is looking for the information?

thank you

edit:
    it doesnt appear on the log file also :((

Post edited by carlos_bento_a929625d92 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I did the same as zev0, when I load a source figure it cradhes after selecting it from he list