GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the update :) Now to figure out the best strategy to transfer the whole Genesis morph tree to Genesis 2 :)

With my tries I had one problem with Kimberly Expressions, by the by. The "Kimberly Bliss" morph was disregarded as invalid by GenX2.

Turns out that there is one value directly followed by a curly closing brace in the specific DSF file - all the other morphs I've tried so far seem to have got a value, a whitespace, and then the closing curly brace. As soon as I added the whitespace to the respective DSF file it went through without a hitch. I am just mentioning it in case someone else runs into this issue with this expression pack. It appears to be only that one specific morph, so if an adjustment is done, it is probably better to have the expression morph package adjusted instead of a programmatic adjustment of GenX2.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Nothing more easy to fix, once I know it ...

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

OK, lot's of things to answer, so here we go ...

Kharma: Character poses either adjust things like the position or scaling of the eyes by controlling these values with the morph values, or by setting them directly. In the first case, GenX will transfer this and it will work automatically. In the other case, you need to convert the eye fix pose (or the character pose if it includes the eye fix directly) into a preset for Genesis that sets the according values. You can do this in the "Presets" tab. Simply drag'n'drop your pose there, select the source shape (A3) and target shape (G2F), and click "Translate". In the options, you have to select nothing but "Eye transforms" to create a pure eye fix preset.

To delete morphs, go to the "Morphs" tab of GenX. There, you can delete or disable morphs.

So far nothing I have tried is working for the eyes. There is no eye fix pose, only the inj morph for Mulberry,so I dragged that inj pose to the preset tab, checked the box that says eyetransforms, the box for morphs, shaping morphs and fixing controllers were already checked when I select Translate a box pops up saying PBMcc_ and a place to type...what am I supposed to put there ( I put eye fix) then it said finished but I find no morph...what am I doing wrong?

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    OK, lot's of things to answer, so here we go ...

Kharma: Character poses either adjust things like the position or scaling of the eyes by controlling these values with the morph values, or by setting them directly. In the first case, GenX will transfer this and it will work automatically. In the other case, you need to convert the eye fix pose (or the character pose if it includes the eye fix directly) into a preset for Genesis that sets the according values. You can do this in the "Presets" tab. Simply drag'n'drop your pose there, select the source shape (A3) and target shape (G2F), and click "Translate". In the options, you have to select nothing but "Eye transforms" to create a pure eye fix preset.

To delete morphs, go to the "Morphs" tab of GenX. There, you can delete or disable morphs.

So far nothing I have tried is working for the eyes. There is no eye fix pose, only the inj morph for Mulberry,so I dragged that inj pose to the preset tab, checked the box that says eyetransforms, the box for morphs, shaping morphs and fixing controllers were already checked when I select Translate a box pops up saying PBMcc_ and a place to type...what am I supposed to put there ( I put eye fix) then it said finished but I find no morph...what am I doing wrong?

Ok I did find the mulberry pose over in My Library and this is what I did

1. turn GF2 into Aiko
    2. Apply Genx Mulberry
    3. applied the pose preset from My Library which adjusted just the eyes

and now this is what I have, is there possibly a setting that I should uncheck or check to fix? I have to say it's better than the first time

Mulberryeye2.jpg
    960 x 1920 - 417K
    edited December 1969

Simply scaling the eyes a little bit more down in the parameters tab should make them fit. Maybe also moving them a bit outwards. GenX transfers morphs, and for scaling, it is always a bit luck if the rigging is similar enough that using the same values will work.

It is most common that the eye fix is included directly in the morph injection pose. You may want to uncheck to transfer "Morphs" in the Presets tab when translating an eye fix pose. Otherwise, the preset will also set morphs if they were transferred individually.

Also, you may want to use the morphs under Eyes / Generation X / ** Fix ** to move the iris a bit forward and the pupil a bit backward to get the eyes correct. From the way the eyes are modelled in Genesis 2, it's not unlikely to get this kind of poke-through for iris or pupil with transferred morphs, that's why I included these fix morphs.

• HarvellHarvell Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Thank you! I've been waiting for this a long time.

• Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

So according to this:

The GenX2 plugin includes support for the generation 4 Poser figures (Victoria 4, Michael 4, and Kids 4) as well as for Genesis (version 1). Further figures are supported by add-ons sold separately. To transfer morphs from or to Genesis 2, the GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2 is required.

Basically when I upgrade my Generation X to GenX2 all I have is still Generation X (but with Gen2 capability). So I can transfer morphs from Gen 4 to Genesis One, but I still can't transfer morphs to Gen2 until I purchase an additional add-on. Did I read that right?

edited December 1969

Fragg1960 said:
    So according to this:

The GenX2 plugin includes support for the generation 4 Poser figures (Victoria 4, Michael 4, and Kids 4) as well as for Genesis (version 1). Further figures are supported by add-ons sold separately. To transfer morphs from or to Genesis 2, the GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2 is required.

Basically when I upgrade my Generation X to GenX2 all I have is still Generation X (but with Gen2 capability). So I can transfer morphs from Gen 4 to Genesis One, but I still can't transfer morphs to Gen2 until I purchase an additional add-on. Did I read that right?

Right. The GenX2 plugins contains several improvements that are independent of Genesis 2 (see the initial post for details). But it does not include support for additional figures. For Genesis 2, the separate add-on is required.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Ok not sure if this will help but here is my drag and drop tutorial(ish) sorry its the first one I have done where I spoke..lol Where I say click and hold the mouse button and drag to this window I mean GenX2's window the cursor disapears in the video and didnt notice until after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc8NnYqr2MA&feature=youtu.be

Hope its of some help!

Steve.

Thank you very much for taking the time to do the vid! I just watched it and going to try and put it into action.

Mari-Anne said:
    Sal UK said:
    Ok not sure if this will help but here is my drag and drop tutorial(ish) sorry its the first one I have done where I spoke..lol Where I say click and hold the mouse button and drag to this window I mean GenX2's window the cursor disapears in the video and didnt notice until after.

Hope its of some help!

Steve.

Thank you very, very much, Steve. I will tackle this tomorrow morning, when i can concentrate better.

Hope its of some help!

Steve.

Steve, you are my hero.

I didn't know I needed to drag/drop M4's morph++, too. Whenever I put M4 into a scene, his morphs all load automatically, so it simply didn't occur to me they wouldn't do so here.

THANK YOU! Problem solved.

M.

Your Very Welcome glad it helped.... :)

Steve.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Slosh, none01ohone, dkgoose, whispers65: Send me an e-mail, so I can send you the bug fix for the crashes.

I'm not sure how you wanted me to do this. I tried the email option and it says I can't. But I did send a PM.

I can make it work to my satisfaction with a little work around so I am in no hurry. I know you are busy!

I just wanted to say that I really, really appreciate the work that you do. I love the Gen X products as well as your other products.

Since I am really entrenched in Genesis but always want to try something new, now with this release I can have the best of both worlds. :)

edited December 1969

Slosh, none01ohone, dkgoose, whispers65: Send me an e-mail, so I can send you the bug fix for the crashes.

I'm not sure how you wanted me to do this. I tried the email option and it says I can't. But I did send a PM.

I can make it work to my satisfaction with a little work around so I am in no hurry. I know you are busy!

I just wanted to say that I really, really appreciate the work that you do. I love the Gen X products as well as your other products.

Since I am really entrenched in Genesis but always want to try something new, now with this release I can have the best of both worlds. :)

I sent you an e-mail with the bug fix shortly after you sent me the PM. Sorry if it didn't arrived. I will have a look at it tomorrow, it's already after midnight here.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

I sent you an e-mail with the bug fix shortly after you sent me the PM. Sorry if it didn't arrived. I will have a look at it tomorrow, it's already after midnight here.

Thanks. I sent it again in case I mistyped or something. It is my main email address and I do monitor it throughout the day both regular mailbox and junk folder and file sizes shouldn't be much of a problem.

I did type it early this morning though and I don't always see as well as I like these days so maybe I fat fingered wrong? I don't know. At any rate, I do appreciate your time and effort.

• Chris CoxChris Cox Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

I'm getting the following errors when trying to transfer from V3 to GF2 (the V3 and GF2 add-ons have been purchased and installed although they may not be in the right place)

Error loading clone morph.
    Error creating morph from clone.

• JuliKJuliK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yay!
    I bought both products, but not installed or deleted anything yet. (it´s a little late here) I'm reading the posts first to get an idea of how it works. Obviously I can not tell if I had problems. (I hope i don´t have...lol) I saw Steve´s video (thank you) and i just need to read the official manual. Apparently works like the old genx, correct? In the case of V4 and M4. In the case of Genesis (my main interest), I need to just leave it selected as "source", if I understand. Correct?

And if I want to transfer only the head of a character (Genesis dialed character), it is possible, correct? Just to confirm.

And for trasferir certain morphs like "Genesis Evolution Muscularity", "Head Morph Resource Kit", "i13 Amazing Lips" ... what better way to transfer them? Aparently in the case of muscularity, smooth is not the best option.

Sorry my english. :D

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to transfer a single morph without all the additional required ones transferred? Going from G2F to G2M

edited December 1969

Sal UK: Many thanks also from my side for your great and detailed video tutorial!

whispers65: The mail address was correct and the mail wasn't returned. Have you checked your spam folder, short mails with attachments have a good chance to go there. Anyway, I just sent you the fix again, and a second mail without attachment to see if you at least get that one.

chriscox: The clone morphs for the generation 3 figures are not included in Genesis or Genesis 2. You need the "V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis" from DAZ 3D in addition because they contain the clone morph for V3. If you installed these morphs and they are not found by GenX2, make sure they are installed in the same content library as the main Genesis data files (i.e. Genesis2Female.dsf in the case of G2F).

Alfinin: Yes, the essential way of using GenX is still the same in GenX2. There are a few changes for new features, but the main workflow is the same, also when transferring morphs to Genesis 2, be it from a Poser figure or from Genesis. You can select Genesis as source directly from the Source button, and you don't need morph injections for Genesis.

If the original morph is for the head only or has a head only dial, then you can transfer the head only. Also, GenX2 creates a clone morph for the head only as base morph. However, GenX2 will not split a morph into head only on transfer.

Which transfer quality setting works best for a particular morph is difficult to say. "Smooth" is recommended in general when transferring morphs from Genesis to Genesis 2 or in the other direction, because both figures have a similar polygon count, but several differences in the mesh. But for some morphs, "Smooth" may smooth out some details. Also for inner mouth morphs, "fast" is the best option because the inner mouth has the same mesh on Genesis and Genesis 2.

dkgoose: It depends on what you mean by "additional required morphs". If you want to transfer e.g. the Olympia morph, you may transfer the head morph, the body morph, or the full body controller. The full body controller must include the other two morphs or it would do nothing. The alternative is transferring the full body controller with "Create single morph" to get one morph for head and body. Finally, to prevent transferring hidden correction morphs, select "Ignore conditional morphs" in the options.

• aduser203aduser203 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I have a problem with v4 to GF2 materials, which I couldn't find an answer for immediately.

I have created a somewhat custom character mats for a v4 based char and saved it via poser a mat collection, however this does not appear to want to apply to the GF2 converted GenX2 version of the character, this used to work for G1 GenX V4 conversions

how do I apply poser saved V4 mats to GenX2 converted V4 to GF2 characters?

thanks

• Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

I upgraded last night from GenX to GenX2 and been testing things out, however, I would like to delete my test morphs (now that I'm done playing around) and I don't want a bunch of unwanted test morphs showing up under my GenX2 tab.

Where are the GenX2 morph files stored when I create them? I want to delete the ones I don't want. I'm assuming I just have to delete the morph file and they will no longer appear as sliders--correct?

edited March 2014

Cerene said:
    I have a problem with v4 to GF2 materials, which I couldn't find an answer for immediately.

I have created a somewhat custom character mats for a v4 based char and saved it via poser a mat collection, however this does not appear to want to apply to the GF2 converted GenX2 version of the character, this used to work for G1 GenX V4 conversions

how do I apply poser saved V4 mats to GenX2 converted V4 to GF2 characters?

thanks

Hi
    they changed the file format to duf for G2F and G2M and your mats are in the old format, just load up victoria 4 add your texture to her then save it in DS as a preset then you should be able to apply it to G2F. hope this is understandable..

Steve.

Post edited by Sal UK on
    edited December 1969

Fragg1960 said:
    I upgraded last night from GenX to GenX2 and been testing things out, however, I would like to delete my test morphs (now that I'm done playing around) and I don't want a bunch of unwanted test morphs showing up under my GenX2 tab.

Where are the GenX2 morph files stored when I create them? I want to delete the ones I don't want. I'm assuming I just have to delete the morph file and they will no longer appear as sliders--correct?

Here you go I asked the same question.. :)

How do I delete a converted morph? I did as a test but now I am stuck with it in my parameters tab.. Thanks Steve.

There are several options:
    1. If you just transfer a morph with the same name, the old one is replaced.
    2. In the "Morphs" tab of GenX, you can list all morph files and delete or disable them there.
    3. In the Morphs folder for a figure in the content library data folder, you will find the morph files and can delete them there.

edited December 1969

the additional morphs are the head and body morphs for G2F

edited December 1969

Cerene: First, you need a V4 UV-mapping for Genesis 2. The only one I know is included in the V4 for Genesis 2 Female product by MallenLane. Second, you need to rename the materials because Genesis 2 has different material names than Genesis / V4 / M4. There are two options. Either you apply the material to V4 or Genesis in DS and resave it as a material preset. (For whatever reason, DS remaps the material names for presets in DSON format, but not for material poses or collections in Poser format.) Or you use my free script to rename the material names in the material collection.

dkgoose: You mean you want to transfer a morph from G2F to G2M, but don't want to dial G2M into G2F shape? You are not forced to dial G2M into G2F shape, but you will get a different shape if you don't do. A morph is relative change of the geometry, and if you apply the same morph to a different base shape, you get a different result. However, GenX2 will always create the full body and head shape for the target figure, but you may delete it, if you don't need it.

edited March 2014

ok, i just was not expecting all these body morphs to be transfered over when I just had FW's Nalin selected, but i think they need to be transfered in order for the morph to work since they were created using them, i'm fine with having to dial in the G2F shape.

Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,263
    edited December 1969

Dimension3D - thank you for updating GenX for the G2F/Ms and making it a bit more user friendly. I'm very happy with it and I can finally use G2M without the horrible chest issues.

noboobs.jpg
    1060 x 1371 - 343K
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Fragg1960 said:

This is where I found my first test morph:

C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\D3D GenX\Victoria 3

which I deleted and the settings were gone from the Parameters tab

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

One fantastic side effect of this is the G2 Jaw morphs that get added to Genesis with this. They on their own allow for far wider open mouths than normal, and when combined with GenX transfered Aiko 4 mouth morphs, you can get some pretty cartoonish results.

hitomi_shrieeeek.png
    555 x 555 - 380K
  • edited December 1969

I expect this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in search and, well, the thread is 40 pages long. ;)

I own (pretty much) all the Gen3 and Gen4 models and the major morph packs for each. Would GenX and all its add-ons allow me to use my Gen3 and/or Gen4 clothing with Genesis2 models?

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited March 2014

Luxury said:
    I expect this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in search and, well, the thread is 40 pages long. ;)

I own (pretty much) all the Gen3 and Gen4 models and the major morph packs for each. Would GenX and all its add-ons allow me to use my Gen3 and/or Gen4 clothing with Genesis2 models?

GenX2 is not targeted to fit clothes. It allows you transfer morphs from previous generation figures to Genesis or Genesis 2, and from Genesis 2 to Genesis. This allows you transfer characters presets from one generation to be applied to another. You will be able to dial Aiko 3 in Genesis 2 as example.

To fit clothing you still should use the Auto-Fit ou Transfer Utility Studio's functions and the something like Sickleyield's products, like Sickle Rigging and Morphing System and Sickle Dress Rig Genesis 2 Female.

I hope this help.

Post edited by MBusch on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,263
    edited December 1969

Luxury said:

You could use Genesis in lieu of G2F or G2M.

GenX (with it's add-ons) will allow Genesis accept all of your Gen 3 and Gen 4 morphs and character presets, and since Genesis has autofit for your M4 and V4 clothing, you'd only need the Gen 3 legacy shapes for Genesis for that clothing to work.

Additionally, since Genesis already has the UVs for your Gen 4 figures, using the character skins will be easy. You can use Texture Converter (add-ons) to convert skins from Gen 3 to Gen 4.

If you wanted to go further, you could buy the G2F & G2M shapes for Genesis, which will allow you to use the newest clothing on Genesis with no issues. Moving forward, you can also take G2F/M characters and transfer them to Genesis, and if you are a DazStudio user, using the Map Transfer Tool to convert the characters with a G2F/M UV to a Genesis compatible UV.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Too bad GenX2 doesn't allow me to use BF2 textures on Genesis. :(