GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

OK, lot's of things to answer, so here we go ...

Melissa Conway: If you never used Poser, you are probably accustomed to the Power Loader in DS. GenX2 will not load morphs automatically for M4 or V4. You may need to use the morph injection poses found in Runtime/libraries/Pose/Michael 4. After loading M4 in GenX2, simply drag'n'drop these poses to GenX2 to get all the morphs. But most character poses will inject the required morphs anyway.

To select for transfer those morphs that are used by a character, simply use "Transfer: On for all non-zero morphs". This will select all the morphs that have a value other than zero.

Kharma: Character poses either adjust things like the position or scaling of the eyes by controlling these values with the morph values, or by setting them directly. In the first case, GenX will transfer this and it will work automatically. In the other case, you need to convert the eye fix pose (or the character pose if it includes the eye fix directly) into a preset for Genesis that sets the according values. You can do this in the "Presets" tab. Simply drag'n'drop your pose there, select the source shape (A3) and target shape (G2F), and click "Translate". In the options, you have to select nothing but "Eye transforms" to create a pure eye fix preset.

To delete morphs, go to the "Morphs" tab of GenX. There, you can delete or disable morphs.

Slosh, none01ohone, dkgoose, whispers65: Send me an e-mail, so I can send you the bug fix for the crashes.

Cypherfox: Right, the initialization is missing for one object, just wonder why it never crashed on my system.

apollyonpt2: Sorry, but I think the best way is to delete both versions and install Genesis 2 again to have a clean version. Merging into one would be an option if you have some part in one directory, and some part in another, but not if everything is there twice.

Getting two instances of Genesis 2 is caused either by installing it twice and the installer not removing the existing version. Or it may happen when you use "Save Asset" to save changes you made for the figure in DS.

Essentially, this a DS problem, not a GenX problem, so you may request help from DAZ Support.

DavidGB: Sure, the "smooth" option will smooth the mesh and may smooth out some detail. In general, it works better when transferring from G1 to G2, but there may be exceptions. That's why you can select the quality mode.

Kyoto Kid: If DIM is not working, you can use the updated EXE installers from the Product Library to install the Gen3 add-ons. But the files should be listed in DIM in any case. Filter DIM for GenX2 to see the updated versions of the add-ons.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited March 2014

I'm also getting the crash error. Mine says access violation. I had to elevate the dll permissions to get it to even accept genesis as a source without crashing. But even with elevating the dll permissions the plug in crashes when I close daz 4.6.2.118 pro 64-bit even without using the plug in. Windows 8.1 64-bit OS. (I don't have to do anything other than close Daz studio to get the crash upon exit.)

Screen grab of the crash error:

fatal_error.JPG
    550 x 529 - 79K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
    edited December 1969

Anyone with the crash problem, please send me an e-mail for the bug fix.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited March 2014

Anyone else getting lumpy/grooved results like this? I did it the default way but with smoothing. All of the Genesis female characters that I did have these results with varying severity. The other quality setting were not better.

GENX2_Aiko_5_Comparison.jpg
    1287 x 923 - 436K
    Post edited by Mr Bowen on
    edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:
    Anyone else getting lumpy/grooved results like this? I did it the default way but with smoothing. All of the Genesis female characters that I did have these results with varying severity. The other quality setting were not better.

Small differences and unevenness like this may happen for morph transfer. Nothing is perfect.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Thank you D3D for this wonderful plugin :-).

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:

Excuse me: I don't know what you transferred in which direction - and whether the two are really different.
    You have wildly different surface settings here - one glossy with a lot of highlights, the other one without any highlights.
    That doesn't help to compare details ...

• MassMinionMassMinion Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

A quick question,is it possible to transfer just the head morph from gen1 character to gen2

Post edited by MassMinion on
  • greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Mr Bowen said:

Excuse me: I don't know what you transferred in which direction - and whether the two are really different.
    You have wildly different surface settings here - one glossy with a lot of highlights, the other one without any highlights.
    That doesn't help to compare details ...

I was thinking the same thing, just couldn't figure out how to word it nicely like you did. All the differences I can see look more like they're down to material settings than morph differences.

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

I am a little bit confused about the transfer of Gen3 morphs to Genesis and/or Genesis2. Are we required to have both sets of AddOns? I.e.

GenX AddOn Gen3 for S3 D3 and F3
    GenX AddOn Gen3 for A3 and H3
    GenX AddOn Gen3 for V3 and M3

as well as

GenX2 AddOn Gen3 for S3 D3 and F3
    GenX2 AddOn Gen3 for A3 and H3
    GenX2 AddOn Gen3 for V3 and M3

??

edited December 1969

MassMinion: Sure, you can transfer any single morph. Of course, it already must be a head only morph before.

Mari-Anne: The GenX2 version is for GenX2, the GenX version for GenX1. The latter is still included for users interested in the add-on, but not in the new version of the plugin. For GenX2, you only need the GenX2 version. The other won't cause any problems, it is simply ignored by GenX2.

• MassMinionMassMinion Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

MassMinion: Sure, you can transfer any single morph. Of course, it already must be a head only morph before.

Mari-Anne: The GenX2 version is for GenX2, the GenX version for GenX1. The latter is still included for users interested in the add-on, but not in the new version of the plugin. For GenX2, you only need the GenX2 version. The other won't cause any problems, it is simply ignored by GenX2.

Thank you for the reply.....I wanted to try and transfer just the head from a character but it's a single morph/shape (no head only option),no worries though.

The ripple,lumps effect (around the chest/breast) that people are reporting seems to be coming from the actual genesis base shape......dialling the Genesis1 shape OUT removes all mesh lumps,ripple issues but of course the catch is you need the base Genesis shape for the Genx shape to work correctly.

Other than the gen1 shape issue just mentioned,I have had no issue's,a fantastic product.

edited December 1969

Thank you - that was a nice, simple and understandable explanation!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    edited December 1969

works fine except I am now getting 'duplicates see the log file" message for G2M and G2 F Genesis1 is unaffected
    figures still load and all morphs work

edited December 1969

works fine except I am now getting 'duplicates see the log file" message for G2M and G2 F Genesis1 is unaffected

What does the log file say about the duplicates? Because GenX uses the original ID, which should be unique, and adds a short figure ID in front for each morph, this should not happen.

You open the DS log file from the main menu with Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File.

edited March 2014

Sal UK said:
    Ok not sure if this will help but here is my drag and drop tutorial(ish) sorry its the first one I have done where I spoke..lol Where I say click and hold the mouse button and drag to this window I mean GenX2's window the cursor disapears in the video and didnt notice until after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc8NnYqr2MA&feature=youtu.be

Hope its of some help!

Steve.

This was a great tutorial, Steve. I can see what everyone means about not needing to save out a CR2 file. This way is so much simpler. Just drag and drop.

Here is my first attempt at creating a RebeccaG2F morph using V3 as source (V3 on the left and G2F on the right) - I am not super wild about the texture on G2F, but it'll have to do for this quick render:

Thank you very much, Steve!!

V3-RebeccaG2-Comparison.jpg
    800 x 631 - 76K
    Post edited by Mari-Anne on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

M6:
    Body Tone 1
    Emaciated 1
    Thin 1
    Veins - 1

G2F Creature Morphs:
    Bat Head - 1
    Bat Head HD - 1
    Hands Beast - 1
    Hands Beast HD - 1
    Feet Beast - 1
    Feet Beast HD 1

bat.jpg
    1060 x 1060 - 168K
  • Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

OK, lot's of things to answer, so here we go ...

Melissa Conway: If you never used Poser, you are probably accustomed to the Power Loader in DS. GenX2 will not load morphs automatically for M4 or V4. You may need to use the morph injection poses found in Runtime/libraries/Pose/Michael 4. After loading M4 in GenX2, simply drag'n'drop these poses to GenX2 to get all the morphs. But most character poses will inject the required morphs anyway.

To select for transfer those morphs that are used by a character, simply use "Transfer: On for all non-zero morphs". This will select all the morphs that have a value other than zero.

Yes, that's what I figured out after seeing Steve's vid last night. I guess I'm a visual learner! Thanks for your patience and for a great product. Here's Rafael on G2M:

Rafael.jpg
    778 x 792 - 112K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    edited December 1969

What does the log file say about the duplicates? Because GenX uses the original ID, which should be unique, and adds a short figure ID in front for each morph, this should not happen.

You open the DS log file from the main menu with Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File.

a VERY TINY selection

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5392): Duplicate formula found linking Value & G1_XAway_TorsoUpper in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/D3D Gen X/Genesis/G1_XAway_TorsoUpper.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5392): Duplicate formula found linking Value & G1_XAway_TorsoUpper in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/D3D Gen X/Genesis/G1_XAway_TorsoUpper.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5392): Duplicate formula found linking Value & G1_XAway_TorsoLower in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/D3D Gen X/Genesis/G1_XAway_TorsoLower.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5392): Duplicate formula found linking Value & G1_XAway_TorsoLower in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/D3D Gen X/Genesis/G1_XAway_TorsoLower.dsf.

and prob one for EVERY morph

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Thank you Dimension3D for the bug fix. I think my anti virus was hogging resources at first, all OK now. Thanks.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

I apologize, this has probably been asked already... But "search this thread" still doesn't work.

Under Transfer, when I click Source, all I see is "Genesis."

What am I doing wrong? Or what do I need to reinstall?

I was expecting to see V4, M4 and K4 there.

edited December 1969

wendy♥catz: Duplicate formula shouldn't happen either. Can you send me an e-mail with the complete list of warnings in the log file for duplicate formulas?

Legionair: The Source button lists the Genesis figures and recently used Poser figures. To load a Poser figure for the first time, drag'n'drop it from the content library or use the Load Figure button.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

wendy♥catz: Duplicate formula shouldn't happen either. Can you send me an e-mail with the complete list of warnings in the log file for duplicate formulas?

Legionair: The Source button lists the Genesis figures and recently used Poser figures. To load a Poser figure for the first time, drag'n'drop it from the content library or use the Load Figure button.

Got it, thanks. Now it seems to be working.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

I converted some V4 Asian characters to Genesis and for me everything went according to plan, no muss, no fuss.

V4-GenX2.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 159K
    edited March 2014

Well, I guess the two of you aren't loking very good if you can't see the ridges. Uptight much? Material settings got you that antsy? Sheesh. I just wanted to know if I did something wrong with the transfer of the morphs. Excuse me.... Pretty obvious what "direction" it was. It is clearly labeled. Think about it. Would I transfer Aiko 5 to Aikoo 5? No.

edited December 1969

Here is a more "clear" reference. Again, I would like to know if it can be improved by a setting or whatever. It wasn't a jab at the product. I want to know if I need to change something. I tried the other 2 Quality settings. They weren't better transfers. I didn't notice the ridges in the product previews, so I wanted to know how to clean it up.

Genx_Setting.jpg
    510 x 904 - 164K
    V5_G2FV5_Comp.jpg
    1271 x 908 - 555K
    edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:
    Here is a more "clear" reference. Again, I would like to know if it can be improved by a setting or whatever. It wasn't a jab at the product. I want to know if I need to change something. I tried the other 2 Quality settings. They weren't better transfers. I didn't notice the ridges in the product previews, so I wanted to know how to clean it up.

Sorry, but this kind of divergences and unevenness may happen in automated morph transfer. This is not due to the settings you used. They are also visible in some of the promo images on the product page, for example the lower belly of the Gorilla. But the Gorilla is an example where the smooth quality setting gives a visible improvement compared to the other settings.

edited March 2014

I noticed the V4 females appeared to have smoother transfers on the breasts in the promos. Is this particular area's difference specific to G1 to G2 transfers?

edited March 2014

From my experience, the chest area (in particular for female, but also for male figures) is a problem area for both, Genesis 1 and 2. But it also depends on the morph, some work well, some less. And it also happens for Poser figures as sources.

Post edited by Dimension3D on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited March 2014

...when it came to the Genesis1 chest morphs, the ones I've had good fortune with were Stph4 and the NPMs mixed with a bit of YT Julie.

Will be interesting to see how the YT5 characters work on G2F/G2M along with the Zev0's Growing Up morphs. Might end up with some really cute kids, and then who needs Kid6?

Post edited by kyoto kid on