Sakura 8

Comments

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166

No one on this thread will argue with that sentiment.  Heck I would love some just plain Hime cut hair and some for the males that doesn't extremely realistic. 

Out of curiousity what hair figure is that? 

It's from Miku Miku Dance.

https://bowlroll.net/file/137917

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Wow! This thread is still going!? Nearly 1,000 comments and 28,0000 views? Could it be that Sakura 8 might be dethroning Aiko 3? surprise

• Tryhard said:

No one on this thread will argue with that sentiment.  Heck I would love some just plain Hime cut hair and some for the males that doesn't extremely realistic. 

How did you convert it to use in Daz? Like the style of it.
  • TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited May 2018

Wow! This thread is still going!? Nearly 1,000 comments and 28,0000 views? Could it be that Sakura 8 might be dethroning Aiko 3? surprise

Dunno about everyone else but for me Aiko 3 was dethroned the moment I found MMD Importer which allowed me to import MMD Heads into Daz3D. Ever since then every figure was anime worthy.

Tryhard said:

How did you convert it to use in Daz? Like the style of it.

Here's how you do it:

1) Open a given MMD model in PMX Editor (make sure to get the english version).

2) In PMX View window you press the "Msk" button.

3) In the small windows that pops up you turn off the surfaces you dont want. Note: Since most models are Japanese it is usally a trial and error thing to find the stuff you want.

4) After you done that you right click on any surface and press "Delete Hidden Parts"

5) Hide/Unhide the selected surfaces in order to refresh.

6) Go to PMX Editor Window and export as OBJ.

7) You can then import the OBJ into Daz3D.

8) Do note you'll have to manually adjust the shape in order to fit it properly.

Post edited by Tryhard on
  • It would seem to not allow downloads ..  Any good fox ears

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483

I didn't see it in this thread, but has anyone else had problems with Sakura's eyes not rendering right? Here are two pictures I liked, but for some reason the eyes looked fine while working but when rendered were pixelated. Does anyone know what coould be causing this and how to work around it?

Toshiko 01.jpg
    1004 x 878 - 158K
    Mai 01.jpg
    1004 x 878 - 275K
  • Which texture set and which render engine? That doesn't look like the ones that came with her
    EJWorks said:

I didn't see it in this thread, but has anyone else had problems with Sakura's eyes not rendering right? Here are two pictures I liked, but for some reason the eyes looked fine while working but when rendered were pixelated. Does anyone know what coould be causing this and how to work around it?

Are you using the Iray eye mats or the 3DL mats? Sometimes 3DL mats will render pixilated like that when rendered in Iray.

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483
    EJWorks said:

Are you using the Iray eye mats or the 3DL mats? Sometimes 3DL mats will render pixilated like that when rendered in Iray.

I thought I had the Iray mats, but maybe I did click on the wrong one. Will double check, thank you.

• edited May 2018

Ok mixing Mika 8 and Sakura. Not complete composition by a long shot  figured I would keep my word about posting something this weekend.  

Memories.png
    636 x 665 - 383K
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Thats a nice image!!!  yes

I am playing with some expressions now, based on some of the Rarestone and Leo Lee stuff, with modification.  Oh, and I got the OOT hair shader over at Rendo, and tried it.  It really helps to soften the look of the hair in iRay

• edited May 2018

I like OOT's hairblending  just wish it worked on other hairs.  Thanks  I have been working on it a bit since I had it planned as a Mother's Day present without the ears lol.  Been creating new transmaps  plus I want something a little simpler as a waist wrap.  Well that was annoying but it load in this time . 

MemoriesA.png
    636 x 665 - 666K
    edited May 2018

Ok mixing Mika 8 and Sakura. Not complete composition by a long shot  figured I would keep my word about posting something this weekend.  

This is beautiful! 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  •  

This is beautiful! 

Thank you.  It actually  might get my Mom to stop nagging me to go back to traditional art.  A long time ago I used to work in charcoal and soft pastels  and mostly wildlife art.  -chuckles-  Yeah a big change I know..  

This is beautiful! 

Thank you.  It actually  might get my Mom to stop nagging me to go back to traditional art.  A long time ago I used to work in charcoal and soft pastels  and mostly wildlife art.  -chuckles-  Yeah a big change I know..  

hahah It's funny you mentioned traditional art - because the first thing I thought of when I saw this render was - WHOA! That would make an AMAZING painting! heheh

I wonder if you could get a traditional type "look" to the art -combining the best of both worlds? :)

•  

This is beautiful! 

hahah It's funny you mentioned traditional art - because the first thing I thought of when I saw this render was - WHOA! That would make an AMAZING painting! heheh

I wonder if you could get a traditional type "look" to the art -combining the best of both worlds? :)

Actually you can but I am so way out of practice using Painter that I have been afraid to try.  There are some great artist over at deviantart that do just that.  I am on the pending commision list with one of them to just that. when I finalize this.  My profile pic there is just that  me playing around with a render to make it look more traditional.  

https://deskridge.deviantart.com/art/The-Eyes-of-Winter-733012879

That is AM's Wolf 2 as an example

• edited May 2018

Or something like this

Memories 2.png
    636 x 665 - 404K

Very cool! :)

• I'm sorry if this question has been asked before and I missed it, but what is the best way to save a Sakura 8 character that I have custom shaped, for use in a different scene? I have just been saving my customs as scenes, because I don't want to lose them, but they can't interact with each other. I tried saving them as a character preset, but then lose the eyes.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before and I missed it, but what is the best way to save a Sakura 8 character that I have custom shaped, for use in a different scene? I have just been saving my customs as scenes, because I don't want to lose them, but they can't interact with each other. I tried saving them as a character preset, but then lose the eyes.

Try saving it as a Scene Subset.

• I'm sorry if this question has been asked before and I missed it, but what is the best way to save a Sakura 8 character that I have custom shaped, for use in a different scene? I have just been saving my customs as scenes, because I don't want to lose them, but they can't interact with each other. I tried saving them as a character preset, but then lose the eyes.

Thanks, I will give that a try.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158
    3dOutlaw said:

Thats a nice image!!!  yes

I am playing with some expressions now, based on some of the Rarestone and Leo Lee stuff, with modification.  Oh, and I got the OOT hair shader over at Rendo, and tried it.  It really helps to soften the look of the hair in iRay

I love these expressions :-)

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

I like OOT's hairblending  just wish it worked on other hairs.  Thanks  I have been working on it a bit since I had it planned as a Mother's Day present without the ears lol.  Been creating new transmaps  plus I want something a little simpler as a waist wrap.  Well that was annoying but it load in this time . 

Absolutely beautiful. I love what you done with her.

Well, I tried that, and it kind of half works. For some reason, I keep losing the Sakura Body and Head shapes, no matter in which format I save them :/

•  

Absolutely beautiful. I love what you done with her.

Thank you. That character has pretty much become my go to. Now I need to get the rest of the larger composition right. Might end up with a few gray hairs before I am done lol.

Well, I tried that, and it kind of half works. For some reason, I keep losing the Sakura Body and Head shapes, no matter in which format I save them :/

Save it as strictly a scene. Only way I have been able to get it to save right. Especially if you are using all the Sakura attachments.
  • I really really need to get better at modeling. After seeing Thorne's latest release I have a funny feeling she isn't going to be getting much.
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I blame my kids for this Sakura render!  cheeky  (EVA Pickaxe by Quinventor)

• And why is that?  -chuckles-

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    3dOutlaw said:

I blame my kids for this Sakura render!  cheeky  (EVA Pickaxe by Quinventor)

Nice try, but admit it... You had fun doing it and like it!