Star Trek Builders Unite 7: The Continuing Mission

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2018

Inspired by a silly and "saucy" 4 panel comics by Drake Fenwick, I tried to create (or maybe the better word is "interpret") his admittedly rather dramatic first panel in which Lt. M'Ress rather than Kirk confronts the dreaded Gorn of "Arena".

Credits

Lt. M'Ress

Aiko 3...DAZ
    Body textures...Daio
    Body B-maps...Verge Visible
    Face and body morphs...Beth Capsces
    "Paw" morphs...JENelson (aka Achronicity)
    Tail prop...Little Dragon
    Mane (Hr-086)...Ali (new rigging...Oshikai/Idelacio)
    Uniform...Oshikai/Idelacio

Gorn

Michael 2...DAZ
    Tunic...Olympian Conforming Clothing for Victoria & Michael
    Feet...Creech (supplied with Poser)
    Gorn head...XCalPro

Environment & Props

"Gorn" Rock (based upon the Vasquez Rock formation)...Laticis (DA member)
    Obsidian dagger...Fantasy Crystal 2 by Laticis (DA member)
    Terrain..."New Colony" by Petipet
    Bamboo cannon...Redfern (me)

Sincerely,

Bill

Mress-n-Gorn-J-4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 214K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • blutobluto Posts: 830

guess who's back

did anybody miss me?

bluto said:

did anybody miss me?

Actually, I did.  Activity in general for this thread has severely tapered off.  The Doctor Who thread is even more stagnant.  One would think the announcement of the first woamn to land the role would have triggered a flurry of comments and speculative art.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Any idea where a TOS bridge could be purchased?

Many thanks,

Bob

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283
    edited March 2018

Any idea where a TOS bridge could be purchased?

Many thanks,

Bob

https://www.sharecg.com/v/27883/browse/11/Poser/23rd-Century-Bridge ;          done by Ptrope non commercial use it's a Poser prop and free

Post edited by Robert Freise on
    edited March 2018

my life took a turn and ive had to regroup

.i landed in a position that helped me to rebuild.

thats pretty much what ive been up to the last 2 years but i am njow in a better place than i was when i dropped off.

i even have a brand new alienware laptop so i can do nore modeling more often , a brand new copy of poser 11 too .

as soon as i get things set up i plan to go back into it hard

Post edited by bluto on
  • Manyt hanks. Will that work in Daz, though? It says its for Poser.

Bob

edited March 2018

Manyt hanks. Will that work in Daz, though? It says its for Poser.

Bob

You may have to adjust and /or apply the textures but otherwise it should work ok

Edit OK I just reinstalled it and imported the pz3 scene file I had to locate the textures but it loaded fine 

The props folder has everything as individule props

Post edited by Robert Freise on

Quick out of the box Iray render

TOSBridge.png
    1914 x 1022 - 2M
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Quick out of the box Iray render

I remember a while back I had a go at converting this to pre-Iray D|S — never could get things like the deck carpet to look right, because they used Poser procedural materials. Converting the lighting was also a major headache. Maybe I'll try again, now that I've got a better handle on how to convert Poser-format stuff.

• Welcome back! I've been on a bit of an unintentional leave of absence due to work and selling my house. Hope to get back to my modeling again soon. 

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    bluto said:

guess who's back

Heya Bluto.

edited March 2018
    Mattymanx said:
    bluto said:

guess who's back

Hhey mattyeya Bluto.

Post edited by bluto on

hey matty

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    bluto said:

my life took a turn and ive had to regroup

.i landed in a position that helped me to rebuild.

thats pretty much what ive been up to the last 2 years but i am njow in a better place than i was when i dropped off.

i even have a brand new alienware laptop so i can do nore modeling more often , a brand new copy of poser 11 too .

as soon as i get things set up i plan to go back into it hard

Sorry to hear about the setback, but it sounds like you got back up and dusted yourself off pretty well. Glad to see you're back.

-- Walt Sterdan

Thanks so much wstrdan
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

I created a freebie set in Carrara format for fan art for the Time Guardian.  It is attached as a zip to this post.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3440721/#Comment_3440721

• Has this thread died and moved onto the next incarnation already?

• Has this thread died and moved onto the next incarnation already?

Not yet.  no

Just been awfully quite

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

I have killed many a thread. Apologies if my time guardian killed this one. blush

edited March 2018

Leonard Nimoy's Son Adam Marries Star Trek Actress Terry Farrell on His Late Father's Birthday

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/leonard-nimoy-apos-son-adam-230515505.html

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 622
    edited March 2018
    Redfern said:

Inspired by a silly and "saucy" 4 panel comics by Drake Fenwick, I tried to create (or maybe the better word is "interpret") his admittedly rather dramatic first panel in which Lt. M'Ress rather than Kirk confronts the dreaded Gorn of "Arena".

Credits

Lt. M'Ress

Aiko 3...DAZ
    Body textures...Daio
    Body B-maps...Verge Visible
    Face and body morphs...Beth Capsces
    "Paw" morphs...JENelson (aka Achronicity)
    Tail prop...Little Dragon
    Mane (Hr-086)...Ali (new rigging...Oshikai/Idelacio)
    Uniform...Oshikai/Idelacio

Gorn

Michael 2...DAZ
    Tunic...Olympian Conforming Clothing for Victoria & Michael
    Feet...Creech (supplied with Poser)
    Gorn head...XCalPro

Environment & Props

"Gorn" Rock (based upon the Vasquez Rock formation)...Laticis (DA member)
    Obsidian dagger...Fantasy Crystal 2 by Laticis (DA member)
    Terrain..."New Colony" by Petipet
    Bamboo cannon...Redfern (me)

Sincerely,

Bill

Great work!

Hey Bill, do you have links for those morphs? I tried looking for the paw morph you listed by jenelson and/or archanisity, but nothing's coming up.here or Rendo.

I do wish there was a three-digit option paw morph to get closer to the animated drawings...hell, at this point, I'd even be happy with a decent four-digit cat's paw--

I'm sure you know how hard it is to parent the DAZ Big Cat 2 to a person's arm and still make it look decent during posing! angry

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on

Sorry, Ryuu; JENelson never sold anything at DAZ (as far as I know) and he closed his store at Renderosity years ago, five at the very least, maybe closer to a decade.

Your one (admittedly slim) chance of reaching him will be through his Fur Affinity account under the name of Achronicity.  I'm not sure the moderators here will allow a direct link (even with the site's content filters active by default) so you'll have to rely upon your own search skills.

Keep in mind his "Kasa" package was geared for Aiko 3.  Since the pawed feet appear to be "switched geometry" the set will be useless for any other figure.

Sincerely,

Bill

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Redfern said:
    Keep in mind his "Kasa" package was geared for Aiko 3.  Since the pawed feet appear to be "switched geometry" the set will be useless for any other figure.

Well, sortaalmost butnotquite — they'll load on to Hiro3 as well, but since Aiko's legs are a slightly different shape, there's a gap at the knee joint. It could probably be fixed with a morph, but since my morph-fu skills are decidedly lacking, all I can do is make sure Hiro's knees are covered by something. The only real issue I have with the Kasa paws is that they're a bit on the weedy side. I've bulked them up as much as the mesh will take, but they're still not really sturdy-looking enough for a bunch of 6'12" neveryoumindwhatsheweighs lions.  

Maybe I should phrased it as "...they would be useless for the various Genesis figures."

Sincerely,

Bill

• Long time no play. That's what happens when you're in demand and good at your job I guess. I haven't done any of my own modeling lately, but to get back into the swing of things I started playing around with Madman's Defiant that mattymanx converted over to poser/DAZ and I've been re-texturing it to work as the Challenger who was going to be the lead ship of most of my alt universe Trek stories. 

Mostly done with the re-texturing. I'm mostly just replacing the registry and ship name at this point as Madman did an Awesome job on the textures for this ship. The underside of the saucer is the last major re-texture to get my ships name on it and then I want to do something with the window textures but I'm not quite sure yet. I'm liking this take on the Connie more and more and especially liking that it will take me far less work to change it over from the Defiant to the Challenger than taking the MKF Connie from Enterprise to Challenger. This also still fits with the older TOS aesthetic more. Decisions, decisions. 

I did brighten this one up in Photoshop as the last ones were too dark but I also bumped up the ambient coloring of the ship and altered the light sources to be brighter here too. This is just a basic black background with some parts of the ship self-illuminating through iray.  I do need to seriously up the illumination off the warp nacelle caps though. They seem almost powered down here. 

challenger_re_texture_wip_01_by_ashleytinger-dc751hj.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 807K
  • artofsuiterartofsuiter Posts: 26
    edited April 2018

I have a question... Has anyone been able to re-texture Ptropes TOS Bridge in D/S, such as adding texture patterns to the walls, floors, panels, and not just change the color? I can use shaders and textures on other objects just not the bridge. However, others have been able to add texture patterns to the carpet at least, in both D/S and Poser. I am unable to do anything but change to the base color of the texture/pattern applied, even in Poser. So, since others have been able to do so without issue, I'm wondering why I can't and its driving me batty...

I'm running Win 8.1 and D/S 4.10 and Poser 11 pro. (though I only use D/S)

Attached is my bridge I converted to Iray.
    Thanks for any help and input.

Bridge_sml.jpg
    1491 x 500 - 504K
    Post edited by artofsuiter on
  • A question on the Ptropes TOS Bridge. From the description over at sharecg it appears to be Poser only. Ist his correct? Will it work in Daz Studio?

Many thanks,

Bob

This discussion has been closed.