Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.1.0.74, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Daz SoftwareDaz Software Posts: 35
edited February 2018 in The Commons

Daz 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of Daz Install Manager

• Version: 1.1.0.74
  • Date: February 5, 2018

What is new in this version?

The 1.1.0.74 version makes improvements to, or fixes issues discovered since, the 1.1.0.64 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of DAZ Install Manager will be of this version.

Highlights:

1.1.0.74 (February 5, 2018)

• Fixed installer issues
    • Hi-resolution displays
    • Newer OS versions
  • Updated default filters;
    • Split Filter By SKU/Ranges into 10,000 groups
    • Added Filter By SKU/Ranges/50,000 - 59,999
      • 50,000 - 50,999
      • 51,000 - 51,999
      • 52,000 - 52,999
      • 53,000 - 53,999
      • 54,000 - 54,999
      • 55,000 - 55,999
      • 56,000 - 56,999
      • 57,000 - 57,999
      • 58,000 - 58,999
      • 59,000 - 59,999
    • Added Filter By Check
      • Checked
      • Unchecked
    • Added Filter By Source (must be connected)
      • Daz 3D
      • Other
    • Added Filter By Status (must be connected)
      • Download Idle, Busy, Completed
      • Download Incomplete

1.1.0.72 (October 6, 2017)

• Added support for the Maya tag
  • Added Maya 2016 - 2018 to application versions
    • Added Filter By Tag/Content/
      • Maya
    • Added Filter By Tag/Plugins/
      • Maya

1.1.0.71 (August 11, 2017)

• All connections to the store now use HTTPS
  • Updated code signing on Windows
  • Added ZBrush 4R8 to application versions
  • Added Vue 2016 to application versions
    • Added Filter By SKU/Ranges/
      • 38,000 - 38,999
      • 39,000 - 39,999
      • 40,000 - 40,999
      • 41,000 - 41,999
      • 42,000 - 42,999
      • 43,000 - 43,999
      • 44,000 - 44,999
      • 45,000 - 45,999
      • 46,000 - 46,999
      • 47,000 - 47,999
      • 48,000 - 48,999
      • 49,000 - 49,999
    • Added Filter By Name/Daz 3D Figures/*
      • 8th Generation

1.1.0.67 (January 20, 2017)

• Fixed an issue that allowed software and/or plugins tagged for Daz Studio 4.5+ to be erroneously marked as installed by Daz Connect and therefore require the “Connect Installed” filter to be checked in order to see them
    • Added Filter By SKU/Ranges/
      • 32,000 - 32,999
      • 33,000 - 33,999
      • 34,000 - 34,999
      • 35,000 - 35,999
      • 36,000 - 36,999
      • 37,000 - 37,999

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously installed the Install Manager application and the computer it is installed on is connected to the internet, you can simply launch the application and log into your account. Once connected, you will be notified that an update has been detected and you will be prompted to "Update" or "Work Offline". Click the "Update" button and the application will take care of the rest.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install the application from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "Install Manager" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here for Windows users, or here for Mac users.

If this is your first time downloading and/or installing Install Manager, simply follow this link, click the "download free now" button on the page and then run the downloaded installer.

*Note: If you experience a crash during the uninstaller phase of the update, it is recommended that you download the installer from the Product Library (see above) and run it manually.

Is there any documentation?

Yes, documentation is located here. Clicking the "Help" button in the top right corner of the application main window will launch your [default] browser to the same location.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• Why does this new installer immediately begin to download all of my content? What can we do to prevent that?

• Why does this new installer immediately begin to download all of my content? What can we do to prevent that?

It doesn't automatically download content, at least it shouldn't. Why do you say it does?

• rcallicottercallicotte Posts: 25
    edited January 2017

Why does this new installer immediately begin to download all of my content? What can we do to prevent that?

It doesn't automatically download content, at least it shouldn't. Why do you say it does?

Because it did. Is there a setting to the contrary? If not, it tried to download everything.

Post edited by rcallicotte on
  • There is no setting. Please start IM, take a screenshot and add it to your post so I can see what it is doing.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140

A suggestion on perhaps an update to DIM. 

I'm setting up a new computer, ALLOT of my downloads didn't seem to make the list, about half.  So I'm in download hell right now getting this list rebuilt so downloading and this time deleting packages when they are installed. 

Couple of issues I'm having.... just clicking on the check box of each item I want to download tends to be very tedious as the clickable area is within the boxes parameters, could you please put that clickable area on the outside of the box as allot of my attemts have to be repeated because the area is just so tiny to actually see the tick appear. 

Also, this would be awesome. GMail has this by the way.  If your like me and your doing your installs alphabetically I would love to check off the top most, scroll to the bottom and hold down the SHIFT key and click the bottom most item and have all the ones inbetween be auto checked.... would save me a little time..

Thanks so much

• RAMWolff said:

A suggestion on perhaps an update to DIM. 

I'm setting up a new computer, ALLOT of my downloads didn't seem to make the list, about half.  So I'm in download hell right now getting this list rebuilt so downloading and this time deleting packages when they are installed. 

Couple of issues I'm having.... just clicking on the check box of each item I want to download tends to be very tedious as the clickable area is within the boxes parameters, could you please put that clickable area on the outside of the box as allot of my attemts have to be repeated because the area is just so tiny to actually see the tick appear. 

Also, this would be awesome. GMail has this by the way.  If your like me and your doing your installs alphabetically I would love to check off the top most, scroll to the bottom and hold down the SHIFT key and click the bottom most item and have all the ones inbetween be auto checked.... would save me a little time..

Thanks so much

Submit it as a Feature please (where one report bugs).

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

How about spell check in search field as I am horrible at spelling without it?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited February 2017

why is this not sticky thread?

ooh, and not it is...but when I commented it was on page two of 'The Commons'

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited March 2017

Having issues with DIM installing updated products. These keep popping up as ready to download, but once they get to the ready to install page they fail. I already installed the updates so I don't understand why they keep popping up as ready to install.  And they show up every single time I open DIM.  Ever since the update for the bone and scale shaders came through about 3 or 4 days ago.  I also notice that they no longer show in my category structure even though the original files are showing in the Daz Studio Formats, the category structure that I have in place will not show them even though they are clearly linked in the original files.

Edited to add that this is happening in both of my installs, the pc with 4.9 and the laptop with 4.8

Dim issues.jpg
    581 x 538 - 77K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited March 2017

There was a problem with those files. This is what it looked like initially and they appear to have been updated, so it should look like this now (I've downloaded the ones which don't show in the 2nd one).

IM Updates Before.jpg
    1080 x 314 - 62K
    IM Updates Now.jpg
    1092 x 208 - 53K
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • I heard someone else is having issues as well. It isn't IM, the problem lies at the other end.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

My screenshot is from this morning.  If the problem is on the other end then I will just ignore this for now and hope that it gets fixed at some point.  Hopefully the links in my categories will start working again, although since this is just a couple of items, it won't be that big of a deal.  I have gotten very very familiar with the filing system at this point lol, so its not the end of the world if I have to track them down manually.  Thanks for the quick response, I will just keep an eye out then and hopefully at some point it will work for these.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

OK, I opened a ticket for the Winter Fantasy for Genesis 3 Females already. The other products I don't have.

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 797

I am having same issues as Ice Dragon Art past 3 days

• ADAD Posts: 396

I'm also having the same issues. I can't install the files - please take a look at the attached screen.

DIM_Error.jpg
    1473 x 969 - 344K
  • There is a issue with either the files or the server, not IM. What happens when you download the files and try to install it (except the first one as it is zero bytes)?

• I can't seem to be able to load Bryce 7 on my mac. I do not remember my password, if I ever had one, please help me out!!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

If you are running an OS X greater than 10.6 Bryce 7 pro will not work

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...been a while since I downloaded a new plugin.  Just purchased LAMH but don't remember where to set the install path to.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    kyoto kid said:

...been a while since I downloaded a new plugin.  Just purchased LAMH but don't remember where to set the install path to.

Plugins are installed based on the Application path, not the Content Installation path.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

..thank you.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Is there a 64 Bit version or does that matter?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    RKane_1 said:

Is there a 64 Bit version or does that matter?

No, it doesn't handle that much data.

• haspes23haspes23 Posts: 0

How long does it take new orders to propigate to my DIM after I get the product?

I was expecting something fairly quick, or at least within a few hours..... But hear I am almost 12 hours after the order, and I still can't see the products on my DIM.

• haspes23 said:

How long does it take new orders to propigate to my DIM after I get the product?

I was expecting something fairly quick, or at least within a few hours..... But hear I am almost 12 hours after the order, and I still can't see the products on my DIM.

It shouldn't usually take long, does the order appear in your account? If it does, given that it's the weekend, there's probably no harm in waiting until the morning in case the system is just overloaded from the end of March Madness salebut if it doesn't appear you should open a Customer Service support ticket.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    haspes23 said:

It seems to a a glitch or problem. I have started a thread about it: . https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/160821/purchases-not-in-dim#latest

• MY DIM OPEN THEN HANGS UP FOR 25 TO 30 MINUTES BEFORE IT WILL DO ANYTHING. THEN WHEN I REFRESH I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 25 MINUTES FORIT TO GET DONE. I UNSTALL THEN REINSTALL AND GET THE SAMETHING. I PUT IN A TICKET A WEEK AGO BUT HAVE NOT HREAD FROM AMYONE. IN ORDER FOR ME TO DOWNLOAD A PRODUCT I HAVE TO HAVE TO LET THE PROGRAM OPEN UP HANG UP FOR 30 MIN THEN INSTALL.

• What is your OS? DIM does take a little while to get going when started for the first time after booting the system up, but usually a minute or less. When you select the offline mode when starting DIM up, does it respond quicker?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

How many products do you have? Mine takes some minutes, but not 25 to 30 ...

Do you have the downloads folder on an external harddrive?