Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.1.0.74, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    Samanthie said:

This is the error I am getting. It did not start until this last update with DIM. Then DIM just stopped working and the icons for it vanished from my desktop and taskbar. DIM had to be reinstalled. Then after DIM looks to be working closed it out and clicked on DS and got this error..same error I've been getting.

>>A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established. Several DAZ Studio features that require a valid PostgreSQL CMS connection, such as context aware content views and loading content installed using the Das Connect service, will not be available. Check your network, anti-viurs, and firewall settings for conflicts.<<

Usually if you wait a short while, maybe 1-2 minutes, after closing DIM before starting DS you will avoid this error. You can also try starting the CMS from inside DS bit I find it doesn't always work and will say it has started but Smart Content is still empty.

• is PostgreSQL actually installed? What security software are you using? Are you launching DS immediately after closing DIM?

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    edited October 2017

Thanks erostew I just tried again launced DS (not DIM this time) and get the same error. Trying to connect within studio from the menu gives a slightly different error but is basically the same. 

Hi Richard I reinstalled PostgrSQL the same day of the DIM update since that is when I first got the error. I checked my anti-virus (Norton) and both Daz and DIM are allowed. Not sure what to try now.

Post edited by Samanthie on
  • Samanthie said:

Thanks erostew I just tried again launced DS (not DIM this time) and get the same error. Trying to connect within studio from the menu gives a slightly different error but is basically the same. 

Hi Richard I reinstalled PostgrSQL the same day of the DIM update since that is when I first got the error. I checked my anti-virus (Norton) and both Daz and DIM are allowed. Not sure what to try now.

The CMS is a separate application, PostgreSQL. Look for that in in the Norton related stuff, and if it's not allowed, change that so it is; that seems to be the problem.

Thank you daywalker03 I tried as you suggested but It is not listed in Norton as blocked and a search for the program to add it to the allow list doesn't bring up the application. CMS worked before the update to DIM. I just now finished uninstalling and reinstalling PostgreSQL and still get the error in DS.

This is the path;

c/program files,daz3d,postgresql cms

The folders are bin,doc,im,include,lib,pgAdmin III,share I don't know which program file is the main one and there are several listed in the bin folder. I feel like it is a long shot but maybe I can add each application file to Norton and see if that works. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited October 2017

Had you installed DIM or DS by running as administrator, or run DS itself as adminstrator - doing so can cause permission problems with the folders, which can block the whole system.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Had you installed DIM or DS by running as administrator, or run DS itself as adminstrator - doing so can cause permission problems with the folders, which can block the whole system.

No and it had been working fine until the DIM update. On page 4 of this thread others are having login issues as well. I'm just not sure if they are exactly the same as mine. Thanks for your help Richard. Am I going to have to reinstall everything? 

• Samanthie said:

No and it had been working fine until the DIM update. On page 4 of this thread others are having login issues as well. I'm just not sure if they are exactly the same as mine. Thanks for your help Richard. Am I going to have to reinstall everything? 

Are you using the release or beta version of DS?

Hi DoctorJellybean, Still having the error I'm using the release version 4.9.4.122, maybe I need to go to beta. 

• Samanthie said:

Hi DoctorJellybean, Still having the error I'm using the release version 4.9.4.122, maybe I need to go to beta. 

Not yet.

When you say you installed PostgreSQL, did you install it using DIM?

edited October 2017

Yes that's how I installed it or reinstalled it anyway.   When I first got the error in DS after the DIM update I reinstalled the PostgreSQL using DIM. 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    edited October 2017
    Samanthie said:

Yes that's how I installed it or reinstalled it anyway.   When I first got the error in DS after the DIM update I reinstalled the PostgreSQL using DIM. 

Ok, let's try the following.

1. Goto your Account on the DAZ store and select Product Library.
    2. Enter 4.9 in the Filter box and hit FILTER.
    3. Daz Studio 4.9 Pro should be listed under PRODUCTS, click that.
    4. Scroll down and click DOWNLOAD for the one which matches your system in the Manual column. Save it somewhere.
    5. Start DIM and uninstall PostgreSQL.
    6. When that is done, uninstall your current Daz Studio 4.9. Pro installation. If you installed DS thru the standalone installer, i.e. not thru DIM, then you need to run the external DS uninstaller.
    7. Close DIM and reboot for good measure when that is done.
    8. Install the Daz Studio 4.9 file you downloaded in step 4. It includes PostgreSQL so it should be installed at the same time.

Wait a few seconds after it's done and start DS. All should hopefully be well.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited October 2017

Thanks Doctor I still get the same error. I did each step listed above. I even turned off Norton AV/firewall and still can't connect. Thank you for trying.

*edit to add I found a thread Norton blocking PostgreSQL. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2902166/#Comment_2902166. I did what was recommended and I was able to add the correct program file to the Allow list in Norton but it didn't work. Is there another file I should add to the allow list? At a loss and don't want to take up any more space on this thread. All I know is the problem started with the DIM update. Anyway thanks for the help and advice. Since I use DIM to install my purchases do I really need CMS to work?

I've opened a support ticket, will update.

• You need CMS if you want to use Metadata. I'll keep on thinking about your problem.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    edited October 2017

Ok, one other thing you can try.

1. Open DS, open the Content Library menu (see attached image).
    2. Select Content DB Maintenance, and select Reset Database - Accept.
    3. When that is done, repeat steps 1 & 2, but this time select Re-import Metadata instead of Reset.

The last step might take awhile, depending on how much content you have installed.

And hopefully everything works now.

Content DB Maintenance.jpg
    635 x 472 - 60K
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

Doctor Jellybean you have done it! yesyes Thank you!! The steps above worked and I am now connected, awesome. Have a wonderful day!.

• So basically you had a corrupted database. Glad it worked out.

updated to the new Daz Studio 4.10 still working no problems so far, thanks again Doctor.

• it won't let me log in i clicked the varify on my email but it keeps telling me my accou t isn't varified.

Try going here:  https://www.daz3d.com/eula

Read, tick the box, and click Submit, then see if DIM registers it.

• tryed htts://www.daz3d.com/eula to see if i can sighn in with email no good i afarid it doesnt help 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    jazjaz689 said:

tryed htts://www.daz3d.com/eula to see if i can sighn in with email no good i afarid it doesnt help

Were you able to accept the eula from that link, or did that not work?

• I'm hitting this same issues... DIM 1.1.0.72 sends me to that https://www.daz3d.com/eula However, clicking the "logged in" link--which takes me to "my account" (where I am logged in), I still can't seem to accept the EULA. There's also some interesting things showing up in the logs....

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Try going to your Product Library and see if it gives the eula page properly.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I just had something really odd happen.  I changed my email address.  When I went to DIM to install my new stuff, its showing me that 49 items are ready to install and 655 are ready to download.  For the record, I did NOT purchase 655 new items.  These are all items that were previously installed and on my laptop since they were purchased over the last two years.  I was just using some of these yesterday...They are definitely NOT installed anymore inside of studio.  They were yesterday when I shut it down last night.

• If you click the Refresh button in DIM, does anything changes? Did anything change when you restarted DIM?

edited November 2017

And I just realized that it didn't change my email, it made a second account for the new email address.  And, it won't let me log in with the old one.  Its also showing 6000+ already installed so I have no idea what is going on. (that number is probably close to correct, I just don't know why it seems to be confused about some of it and lost the other 600 some files.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Last tie I updated install manager I got an error and I was directed to uninstall.  It didn't uninstall and I couldn't reinstall it on my computer.  I ended up installing on my portable hard drive instead.

I think I may have figured out what happened.  For some reason, because it decided to add the email instead of change it, it wasn't reading that these files were hidden (Bryce, Carrara, Rons Brushes, everything that I install manually I had hidden so they would stop loading into DIM all the time). So now I have to manually go and hide all of those because mixed in with those, are the new purchase files that I do want to install. So I can't just do a mass hide with one click.  Ugh...

And now it just quit halfway through the downloads and it won't let me log in.  I have a deadline to meet and I need this stuff to work!!!

• Do you get a login error?