Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.1.0.74, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

When I got this new computer set up I ended up having to redownload MOST of my content again, apparently the list or folder with the needed info didn't make it over but upon doing that I decided to save hd space and have it delete packages once installed. For me, DIM now starts and loads data faster. 

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    jimjam006 said:

MY DIM OPEN THEN HANGS UP FOR 25 TO 30 MINUTES BEFORE IT WILL DO ANYTHING. THEN WHEN I REFRESH I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 25 MINUTES FORIT TO GET DONE. I UNSTALL THEN REINSTALL AND GET THE SAMETHING. I PUT IN A TICKET A WEEK AGO BUT HAVE NOT HREAD FROM AMYONE. IN ORDER FOR ME TO DOWNLOAD A PRODUCT I HAVE TO HAVE TO LET THE PROGRAM OPEN UP HANG UP FOR 30 MIN THEN INSTALL.

Create a folder to archive the installers after they were installed. If you have a lot of product's installers DIM will take a long time to parse those archives. Do you don't need have them in the download directory after installation. In my experience the long load time is platafform independent, the issue occurs in OS X and Windows. Moving the installers to another folder decrease substantially the loading time. This worked for me.

• it won't let me log in i clicked the varify on my email but it keeps telling me my accou t isn't varified.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

it won't let me log in i clicked the varify on my email but it keeps telling me my accou t isn't varified.

Try going here:  https://www.daz3d.com/eula

Read, tick the box, and click Submit, then see if DIM registers it.

• Not only did it immediately start downloading a dozen files, but did nothing when the red X for each file was clicked; it would not stop, and not accept canceling the download. It also locks you out of the settings while downloading. In the end had to kill the thing via taskmanager. This is a metered connection, it blew the cap because there was no way to shut it off.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I am getting the same issue I had before.  There are items that pop up every time I load DIM and say they need to be installed.  However, they have now been installed 8 or 9 times and they still propagate the installer as being new items.  The list was at three but its now up to 6.  I've been ignoring it for a couple of weeks in the hopes that it would go away but its getting worse.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909

Do they actually install? The ones which DIM thinks need to be installed but is installed, do they appear on the Install tab and can be uninstalled?

Let me take a look

Yes they can be installed and they show up in my installed library inside of studio as well and work perfectly fine.

This happens when the content was configured incorrectly.  See if the DIM log file says something like:

Product 38669-1:The Unused Railway Bridge DS is repeated

The only fix is to report it so Daz can fix it; in the interim the only option is to install that file manually.

This happens when the content was configured incorrectly.  See if the DIM log file says something like:

The only fix is to report it so Daz can fix it; in the interim the only option is to install that file manually.

I will check it when I get home from work.  It is happening with both my pc and my laptop.

I will check it when I get home from work.  It is happening with both my pc and my laptop.

Another way to check is to go to your Product Library and see if the page for the product has too many downloads listed.  What product is it?

The Unused Railway Bridge

Lost Realms for Genesis 2 female

Sketchy - Toon Edge and Art Style Shaders for Iray

Heavy Mobile Command Post DS

Distinctive HD For Genesis 3 Female

Baroque Grandeur Poses

I had this available as an install (DS version), so I installed it and re-started DIM. It shows as installed and not available as an installation.

I did too a couple weeks ago and then it came back lol.  They are working inside of studio, so the program is clearly seeing them as installed.  If I get a chance this weekend I may uninstalle via dim and re install and see if that does it.  The Lost REalms for Genesis 2 Female comes up a lot. It will eventually go away and then come back.  This particular one has been re appearing for about 3 months.  But it works so I'm not going to stress about it.

I have the same problem. The Unused Railway Bridge and Baroque Grandeur Poses are installed by DIM but at each restart DIM still exibith them as ready to download and install.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Baroque Grandeur Poses

Oh, I'm so glad this isn't just me.  I have the Sketchy plugin and I just eventually hid it in the available to install tab as I got sick and tired of seeing it ready to install for the umteenth time. 

RAMWolff said:

Baroque Grandeur Poses

Oh, I'm so glad this isn't just me.  I have the Sketchy plugin and I just eventually hid it in the available to install tab as I got sick and tired of seeing it ready to install for the umteenth time. 

I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one either and I have done the same thing lol.

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506
    AD said:

I'm also having the same issues. I can't install the files - please take a look at the attached screen.

Maybe Mark them, and download the files.. Seems logical to me?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

I have reported it but the person responding to my ticket said she was unable to replicate the problem and now wants me to completely unistall DIM and then reinstall DIM, which I am somewhat reluctant to do.  Anyway what I found was that if you didn't let DIM uninstall the download then it didn't repeat; but if DIM deleted the file or it was manually removed from the DIM download folder then it did repeat even thogh it was already installed.

Maybe if enough other people also file help tickets DAZwill realize there is a problem on their end.

Anyway what I found was that if you didn't let DIM uninstall the download then it didn't repeat; but if DIM deleted the file or it was manually removed from the DIM download folder then it did repeat even thogh it was already installed.

I'm kinda lost here by what you are describing.

edited June 2017
    Anyway what I found was that if you didn't let DIM uninstall the download then it didn't repeat; but if DIM deleted the file or it was manually removed from the DIM download folder then it did repeat even thogh it was already installed.

At the bottom of the Ready to Install tab in DIM there is a check box to uninstall the download files after installation. If that is unchecked DIM keeps the downloaded files in the folder it downloaded the files to.  Unless you have specified othwerwise in DIM it probably will be 'Users>Public>Public Documents>DAZ3D>Install Manager>Downloads'. For the problem items as long as the downloaded installation file remains in that folder the item won't repeatedly show up in the Ready to Download tab

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited June 2017

At the bottom of the Ready to Install tab in DIM there is a check box to uninstall the download files after installation. If that is unchecked DIM keeps the downloaded files in the folder it downloaded the files to.  Unless you have specified othwerwise in DIM it probably will be 'Users>Public>Public Documents>DAZ3D>Install Manager>Downloads'. For the problem items as long as the downloaded installation file remains in that folder the item won't repeatedly show up in the Ready to Download tab

Ok, at the bottom is Delete Package Once Installed. Once those items have been deleted after installation, and you Uninstall one of those deleted items, it'll show up on the Ready To Download tab. As long as it remains installed, it shouldn't show up.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

Ok, at the bottom is Delete Package Once Installed. Once those items have been deleted after installation, and you Uninstall one of those deleted items, it'll show up on the Ready To Download tab. As long as it remains installed, it shouldn't show up.

Not quite what I meant. What I meant is that for these problem items if the package is deleted then they will reappear in the ready to download tab even though they are already  installed in DS

No, this is a different issue, some products are set up incorrectly such that updates appear as products rather than updates.  In the DIM log these are noted as Repeated products, and in Product Library they show up as multiple downloads.  These items will keep reappearing in DIM after you install them.

edited June 2017

Well anyway these are the items that keep reoccurring in my DIM but if I leave the the installation packages in the DIM downloads (Users>Public>Public Documents>DAZ3D>Install Manager>Downloads) then, for whatever reason, they do not reoccur in the Ready to Download Tab

And I filed a ticket on it but the respondent stated  "I have tested this a few different ways on my end and am not able to reproduce this. Will you please try completely uninstalling the Daz Install Manager and then reinstalling?" I am hesitant to go that far for fear it will break something. So, for now it remains unresolved.

DIM.jpg
    575 x 533 - 69K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited June 2017

I am sorry, but Charlie Judge is correct. Some items keep showing as Ready to Download even they are installed. The only way to DIM ignore them is keeping the dowloaded files. Keeping them shows as installed. Move or delete the files from DIM Download folder and they will show again as Ready to Download, not as product updates.

The issue happens with 2 products for me:

• Baroque Grandeur Poses
    • The Unused Railway Bridge

Screenshot 2017-06-20 20.39.26.png
    837 x 837 - 174K
    Screenshot 2017-06-20 20.39.35.png
    837 x 837 - 155K
    Post edited by MBusch on
    MBusch said:

I am sorry, but Charlie Judge is correct. Some items keep showing as Ready to Download even they are installed. The only way to DIM ignore them is keeping the dowloaded files. Keeping them shows as installed. Move or delete the files from DIM Download folder and they will show again as Ready to Download, not as product updates.

• Baroque Grandeur Poses

Are those 2 products in the Downloads folder?

No, they are moved to another folder. The thing is, if you have a lot of files in the download folder, DIM will take a long time to scan that folder, so it's inviable keep all downloaded files in DIM Download folder.

MBusch said:

• Baroque Grandeur Poses

Thanks to JGreenlees help with CS everthing except Greeble City Blocks DS that I listed in my post above now seems to be fixed.