Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.1.0.64, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Daz SoftwareDaz Software Posts: 35
edited May 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion

Daz 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of Daz Install Manager

• Version: 1.1.0.64
  • Date: 2016-5-18

What is new in this version?

The 1.1.0.64 version makes improvements to, or fixes issues discovered since, the 1.1.0.41 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of DAZ Install Manager will be of this version.

Highlights:

1.1.0.64 (*UPDATED* May 18, 2016)

• Added support for High-DPI displays on Windows (via OS virtualization and scaling)

1.1.0.62 (April 13, 2016)

• Updated application branding.
  • Added support for the "Connect Installed" tag; CloudInstalled in the log.
  • Added support for the "Connect Available" tag; CloudAvailable in the log.
  • Added Poser 11, Poser Pro 11 and Vue 2015 to the available application versions.
  • Added the ability to append sub-filters from the context menu > Filter Products actions when pressing the CTRL modifier while clicking.
  • Added the ability to append the contents of a filter on the Filter Menu as a sub-filter when pressing the CTRL modifier and clicking the filter.
  • Added handling of filters that start with the sub-filter delimiter (i.e., “ && ”); set vs append.
  • Added sanitizing of filters that start with the sub-filter delimiter (i.e., “ && ”); remove sub-filters that are repeated.
  • Fixed conversion of source identifiers when filtering based on sku::*
  • Added a Filter Products > Same Source ID action to the context menu of products.*
  • Updated default filters;
    • Added Filter By Tag/
      • - Connect Available
      • - Connect Installed
    • Added Filter By Tag/Content/
      • - Connect Available
      • - Connect Installed
      • - Not Connect Available
      • - Not Connect Installed
    • Added Filter By SKU/Ranges/
      • 23,000 - 23,999
      • 24,000 - 24,999
      • 25,000 - 25,999
      • 26,000 - 26,999
      • 27,000 - 27,999
      • 28,000 - 28,999
      • 29,000 - 29,999
      • 30,000 - 30,999
      • 31,000 - 31,999
    • Added Filter By Name/Daz 3D Figures/
      • 2nd Generation
      • 3rd Generation
      • 4th Generation
      • 5th Generation
      • 6th Generation
      • 7th Generation

*Note: The significance of this is revealed by the Content Package Assist (CPA) product.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously installed the Install Manager application and the computer it is installed on is connected to the internet, you can simply launch the application and log into your account. Once connected, you will be notified that an update has been detected and you will be prompted to "Update" or "Work Offline". Click the "Update" button and the application will take care of the rest.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install the application from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "Install Manager" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here for Windows users, or here for Mac users.

If this is your first time downloading and/or installing Install Manager, simply follow this link, click the "download free now" button on the page and then run the downloaded installer.

*Note: If you experience a crash during the uninstaller phase of the update, it is recommended that you download the installer from the Product Library (see above) and run it manually.

Is there any documentation?

Yes, documentation is located here. Clicking the "Help" button in the top right corner of the application main window will launch your [default] browser to the same location.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

If by crash you mean "Can't install blah blah" then yes, it won't let me do anything but won't install the new version. If you know it is crashing, why didn't you fix it BEFORE you released it?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Novica said:

If by crash you mean "Can't install blah blah" then yes, it won't let me do anything but won't install the new version. If you know it is crashing, why didn't you fix it BEFORE you released it?

Because the driver causing the crash is not under Daz 3D's control.

• SoneSone Posts: 84

Will this new version of DIM encrypt all my products and/or only download encrypted content?

Sone said:

Will this new version of DIM encrypt all my products and/or only download encrypted content?

No and no, in fact it cannot download or decrypt encrypted content.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612

Is there a direct link or something I can do to download this outside of the Product Library and straight through the program? I only have dialup access and the servers are cutting me off before the file even hits 200kb. I tried my download manager but it did the same thing and says the Daz servers don't have Resume Support so it just starts over each time and fails before it gets anywhere over and over.

Also, does this update fix the recent issues? For the last week or two it has taken nearly 3 times to bring up my product list than it did before, if it comes up at all. Last night it would only bring up small portions at a time. I also noticed DIM is acessing and download from some server called blackmesh.com I think it was. Has it always downloaded from that domain and I just never noticed it in my program (TCPView, from Microsoft). I could have sworn the url that DIM downloaded from before was just plain old daz3d.com.

As I mentioned in the "slow DIM thread" (thought it was this thread) this new version of DIM crashed with five failed downloads, and I shut it down, came back in, and it has been spinning for TEN MINUTES. This new version is a total fail, it is NOT my computer, which is zippity fast. My download speed is still 103 MBPS and the DIM was sputtering along between 96-120kbps before I was forced to do the update (it wouldn't let me NOT do it, keep popping up saying install it, then install failed twice so had to do it manually, then 5 download fails, now spinning ten minutes.)

In my opinion, if the installation is failing so much that you have to post a note about it, that should have been a red flag then and there that there was something wrong with this update. 

And all week, the DIM has crawled along. Crawled.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,964
    edited April 2016

@Atryeu: You can either let DIM update itself, or download from your Product Library. There is no other option.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • SoneSone Posts: 84

Thanks fixer and Doc! :)

• NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330

I'm not having much luck with this. Had to manually download it and install it and now it's not working with DAZ as all updates are failing. Noticed the new one is a 32 bit replacing a 64 one....don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe there is too much draw on the web site for it to work properly. 

I'm not having much luck with this. Had to manually download it and install it and now it's not working with DAZ as all updates are failing. Noticed the new one is a 32 bit replacing a 64 one....don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe there is too much draw on the web site for it to work properly. 

Mine is still spinning after another attempt and 8 minutes. I did the download/install from Product Library. I checked everything and the settings are all the same (love that about the new versions, they keep the settings.)  Someone needs to do something obviously. I'm not hand installing all of Traveler's discounted products!

• I'm not having much luck with this. Had to manually download it and install it and now it's not working with DAZ as all updates are failing. Noticed the new one is a 32 bit replacing a 64 one....don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe there is too much draw on the web site for it to work properly. 

There never was a 64bit version.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,182
    atryeu said:

Is there a direct link or something I can do to download this outside of the Product Library and straight through the program? I only have dialup access and the servers are cutting me off before the file even hits 200kb. I tried my download manager but it did the same thing and says the Daz servers don't have Resume Support so it just starts over each time and fails before it gets anywhere over and over.

Did you miss this (below) in the first post?

DAZ_Vince said:

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously installed the Install Manager application and the computer it is installed on is connected to the internet, you can simply launch the application and log into your account. Once connected, you will be notified that an update has been detected and you will be prompted to "Update" or "Work Offline". Click the "Update" button and the application will take care of the rest.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install the application from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "Install Manager" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here for Windows users, or here for Mac users.

If this is your first time downloading and/or installing Install Manager, simply follow this link, click the "download free now" button on the page and then run the downloaded installer.

Your options are to let Install Manager update itself, or to download the standalone installer from the Product Library.

If you have attempted to let Install Manager update itself and the download failed, and now you are not being notified that an update exists when you connect but the version displayed in the header does not match the one in the title of this thread (i.e., 1.1.0.62), you can force the update check again by holding the Ctrl/Cmd key on your keyboard and clicking the Refresh Button.

atryeu said:

Also, does this update fix the recent issues? For the last week or two it has taken nearly 3 times to bring up my product list than it did before, if it comes up at all. Last night it would only bring up small portions at a time. I also noticed DIM is acessing and download from some server called blackmesh.com I think it was. Has it always downloaded from that domain and I just never noticed it in my program (TCPView, from Microsoft). I could have sworn the url that DIM downloaded from before was just plain old daz3d.com.

BlackMesh is the web hosting provider that Daz recently moved to. Can this move be a factor in any recent increases in performance issues while connected? Certainly. However, that doesn't neccessarily mean that it is. I do not know all of the details related to the move, so I'm afraid I'll have to let the Web folks address this particular topic themselves.

-Rob

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,216

The Install Manager updated itself fine for me. It is also downloading products pretty fast at around 2.5 MB/s.

There never was a 64bit version.

Whoops I was looking at the DAZ studio download sitting next to the DIM one. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this stupid thing twice. It spins and does nothing, this time it's been six minutes. Someone tell me how to get this fixed? 

Well, still not having any luck with downloading anything using DIM. I open it and sign in, it tells me how many files I've installed but takes about 2 minutes to pull up anything to download. Then if I try to download anything I'm getting download failed on everything. Even Studio isn't updating any meta files. So is it too much draw on DAZ or something else? 

Shut down the computer to see if that would help. Then reinstalled. Again. Still spinning.

WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file (gives file).part": Operation canceled
    WARNING: Local error while downloading to file, reply info is null
    --------------- Install Manager exited ------------------

What does reply info is null mean? How do YOU fix it?

What security software are you using?  It may be that it detected that the application had changed and is blocking it.

Mine is Windows Firewall, and it has the "notify me when an application is blocked" checked. There was no notice. I'll try to manually add it to the approved list.

• noquiexisnoquiexis Posts: 32

The problem:  Install Manager 1.1.0.62 updated correctly, but the product download speed counts down until it indicates "0 bytes/sec" and times out. Then the product Status reads "Download Failed!" if we MUST manually download from the Product web page, then where do we get the *.dsx files to make Install Manager install these products in their respective directories?

I did try the manual download from the Product web pages. It was dog-slow and timed out several times. The problem may not be Install Manager. I believe the DAZ servers are being overloaded.

Possible cause:  I temporarily tried DAZ Studio 4.9, but it could not find any of my installed content. DAZ Studio 4.9 wanted to download and install everything from the encrypted files. If others are having this problem, that may be why the servers are under such a strain.

By the way - I uninstalled DAZ Studio 4.9 and re-installed DAZ Studio 4.8 from the archives on my hard drive. DAZ Studio 4.8 has no problem finding my installed content.

Yep, that worked. Thanks Mike. 

Now if you can get them to switch back to whoever they were using, as this new host sucks. I had blazing fast downloads and there is NO doubt this host is much, much slower. Even in the wee hours of the morning, with most of the United States offline, the DIM has been crawling. Right now it's at 130kb but that is nothing compared to the old speeds. Earlier, as I said, it was only about 90kb to 124kb.

I uninstalled DIM and reinstalled it, nothing. It's the quitting on downloads. Takes forever to register the new items I've purchased today, and then starts off downloading in triple digits and then within seconds it slows down to 10-20k/s and then bottoms out to 0 and then I get download failed. I guess I'm going to manually download everything I got and install by hand. 

I uninstalled DIM and reinstalled it, nothing. It's the quitting on downloads. Takes forever to register the new items I've purchased today, and then starts off downloading in triple digits and then within seconds it slows down to 10-20k/s and then bottoms out to 0 and then I get download failed. I guess I'm going to manually download everything I got and install by hand. 

Are you able to download the zips from your Product Library?

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited April 2016

Did you miss this (below) in the first post?

No, I did not miss that, and it's what I was commenting on actually. BOTH ways to download the file are not letting me download. As I stated in my first post, the downloads are failing before it hits 200kb. When I copied the link provided in the Product Library for DIM into my download manager and tried that way (which normally works when the browser fails the download), it provides information about what is going on with the downloadin process, and it tells me the Daz3D server keeps disconnecting my connection, failing the download.

When DIM first became a "thing", I was told in a support ticket that this program was supposed to also help those of us without broadband connections (dialup, for example) to be able to pause/resume downloads and be able to download my products still. How is that supposed to help a person if they cannot get the dumb base program to download in the first place though? Daz servers used to let you resume downloads where they left off, but that is no longer an option, so where does that leave those with troublesome internet connections? I got rid of my PC membership because your site suddenly was no longer dialup friendly. I can't load anything in the store (still) and the forums are a joke as they keep logging me out half the time after the page just loads. I just want to be able to get all of my products downloaded and up to date at least and I can't even do that anymore  :(

I know the next thing somebody will suggest is using a friend's or public computer. Well, I have no local friends and the "public" computers don't have usb slots or disc drives on them, not to mention the only location is a good 40 minute drive away and I'm without transportation. I'm disappoitned with how Daz has changed over the years but at least I could download and keep my products up to date. The very least you guys could do is provide a better way to download DIM for those of us who struggle still. After all, that was what I was told the original point of DIM was created for... to help make getting products easier for everybody.

As for the new host, I believe it is the issue in my case. My DIM list (just over 900 items left still) used to come up in only 2-3 minutes on my dialup connection, and for the last week or so it has taken 15-17 minutes on average just to open the list. And then, my average download speed is usually 2.5k/sec to 2.7k/sec, however my downloads are barely holding at 1k/sec and are constantly failing every few minutes.

Post edited by atryeu on
  • em53em53 Posts: 32

I want to add my comment to this discussion. I had to download the update from my Product Library as doing it through DIM failed. I installed it without problems, but the download speed issue still plagues me. I used to get 1.8MB/s speeds up until 2 weeks ago, since then I get anywhere from 50KB/s to 130KB/s on a good day. Whatever you guys did with your web hosting is NOT working. Life is short, I don't want to waste it downloading from DAZ.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    rbtwhiz said:
    BlackMesh is the web hosting provider that Daz recently moved to. Can this move be a factor in any recent increases in performance issues while connected? Certainly. However, that doesn't neccessarily mean that it is.

How recently? I was having serious download speed issues earlier in the week, but they seem to have cleared up while I was downloading last night's purchases.

And yes, those speed issues were only with DAZ downloads, everywhere else I went on the entire internet I was getting my normal speeds.

BTW, how is this different from what CloudFlare does?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822

I'm not having problems with the download speed, but 1.1.0.62 (Windows 7 Pro) now refuses to remember my password, even though the "Remember me" box is checked.

Download speed seems to be fine here, once it gets started. (There does seem to be more of a wait at the beginning of the process with this version, but it's not unbearable.) According to Speedtest, official download speed for my connection is 15MB, and DIM says it's downloading at anywhere between 7.5-9.5 MB, so that's fine.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    vwrangler said:

I'm not having problems with the download speed, but 1.1.0.62 (Windows 7 Pro) now refuses to remember my password, even though the "Remember me" box is checked.

Download speed seems to be fine here, once it gets started. (There does seem to be more of a wait at the beginning of the process with this version, but it's not unbearable.) According to Speedtest, official download speed for my connection is 15MB, and DIM says it's downloading at anywhere between 7.5-9.5 MB, so that's fine.

Uncheck the "remember me" and then fill in password and recheck it. I don't know if that fixed it or it was a coincidence but since I did that, it's remembered my password.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    vwrangler said:

Uncheck the "remember me" and then fill in password and recheck it. I don't know if that fixed it or it was a coincidence but since I did that, it's remembered my password.

That seems to have worked. Thank you!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I haven't had any issues with download speed but weird things have been happening.  Maybe related maybe not.  I just downloaded the update for the mil horse via dim, both on my pc (4.9) and my laptop (4.8).  Doesn't show up anywhere in my library content library or smart content and does not show up in my daz studio files at all. Even though DIM insists thats it installed.  And I'm not going to even bring up my shader issues since I already have a thread going on that. Which started the same day I uploaded the update.