MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

You can use my shaders in any PBR rendering engine not just Iray , my shaders  can be used in Iray and also in Unity, Toolbag, Arnold, Blender, Maxwell, Renderman , V-Ray, Skyshop and Poser with Cycles I hope I remember all .. the power of PBR !

barbult said:

Nice, Sorel. I didn't know you could adapt the shaders for other render engines. Iray is the only physically based render engine I have.

Yes  [glossiness ]  but looks really nice I like the color switching ..  the color 078 and 081 will create the soft effect when the light is in front or slightly on the side , the thumb was rendered with the max power source what is sun sky in iray  .But looks really natural play with the glossiness level up and down  higher above  0.77 sharper effect, bellow 0.77 softer effect [not the weight or other settings]  to find the best result [ always put the same value under main glossy and  top coat glossy ]

barbult said:

I tried this, but I'm not sure I got the effect right. I used the bump map from the PC+ Iray fur as the noise bump map. I tiled by 4. I also tried to change the glossy roughness as suggested in your other tip for when there is not a lot of light, but I couldn't find a "glossy roughness" settings. I only see "Glossiness". Is that the one?

I use Volume 2 shaders on the cabinet, stool and floor. This scene is West Park Treatment Center Iray and it is about the slowest rendering thing in the world. I wonder if some of the "Iray" materials do not have good PBR settings. I deleted many things that were not in the camera view. I even turned off the emissive surfaces and used some photometric lights instead - still dead dog slow. I rendered to PNG and pasted a photo behind it to show through the window. The main light through the window is Sun-Sky.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    MEC4D said:

Looks fabulous Sorel  , it is preview of my upcoming pack so pls keep the receipt to yourself , if you copy all settings exactly then it will works for sure as it is the most the easy setup for Octane 

Sorel said:

So these satin shaders are fabulous. I'll let you tell me how you think my octane conversion is.  I basically made it into a 3 layer material of diffuse/glossy/glossy. This is...shader 065 I believe.

Will do, I have removed my recipe.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

Cath, I have a question for you about the satin shaders. I noticed that the micro surfaces render 90 degrees different than their icons. What I mean is that when the icon shows vertical lines in the micro surface, the shader renders with horizontal lines. If I look at the normal map it is horizontal. In one case, I used Layered Image Editor to rotate the normal map. But I was wondering why they are rotated differently than the icons.

edited May 2016

No , this mean the UVs of your model are in different position  , the patterns go as the texture  go  , sometimes artist place the UVs island to safe as much space as possible so they rotate the UVs islands .. I do myself too but since Iray I try to keep them in the right position 

barbult said:

Cath, I have a question for you about the satin shaders. I noticed that the micro surfaces render 90 degrees different than their icons. What I mean is that when the icon shows vertical lines in the micro surface, the shader renders with horizontal lines. If I look at the normal map it is horizontal. In one case, I used Layered Image Editor to rotate the normal map. But I was wondering why they are rotated differently than the icons.

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2016

Beautiful use of the satin shaders! Mine will come later.

I am late as I was working on the wet cloth shader (it works great!) so here is the image (before and after nik filters) :

16_G2F mouillée5g-2.jpg
    534 x 800 - 437K
    16_G2F mouillée5g-2-before nik filters.jpg
    267 x 400 - 99K
    Post edited by xmasrose on
  • JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    MEC4D said:

It was not about that , I don't have FB either , it was for people that do have account already and I want to thanks them for the support  , I try to make more  buzz so the pirated product torments get suppressed by more posts from me in search engines . In the first week of my product release I lost 69K to illegal downloads , how standalone Artis can survive it if bad people killings you slowly without even thinking what they really do to us individual Artists and true customers that have to pay the higher product prices because of that , it is depressing ..  

barbult said:

As much as I love all MEC4D things, I decided I didn't want to sign up for yet another social media thingy to take up my time and track my activity. I'm not on FB either. The Daz forum already sucks away every free moment! cheeky So I'll sadly have to miss out. sad My absence is by no means a lack of interest in what Cath is doing, it is simply a feeble attempt to keep life sane.

Ugh, that is so depressing. It's amazing what people WILL spend money on but then screw some artists over. 

My favorite stories about piracy come from game developers who deal with piracy all the time. Some of them will release gimped versions of their games (like the pirated version of their game will crash right before the user reaches the end, thus the thief loses all progress.) Forums get flooded about games crashing, effectively outting who are the thieves. 

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272
    edited May 2016

Wow, Great images and great clothes!

I achieved the wet effect with sun at cameras back and a lamp over head as you said. Did it with a cotton clean wrinkled 50's swimsuit that allowed me to post it here as transparent wet is only evident in the navel-

04 sunsky at her front and lamp overhead rdx.jpg
    2000 x 1236 - 4M
    Post edited by Jerife on
    edited May 2016

And another question about scaling...

Is about all that I tried to do with the island shaders. The fiddling I did with with geoshells was in order to use masks for different parts of the terrain which I did not achieve in the image I finally posted. Today I gave it another try this time with 5 geoshells. Subdividing the terrain and Offsetting them diferently (incrementally; first at 0.1, last at 0.5) got rid of the straight polygons and lines. But the problem is that the masks need to be in the cutout with 1 Hor 1 Vert in order to work.

That means I do not know how to give the proper scale for the shaders as some need different scale. Is there a rule? Had not time to try but I magine if scale is 10x10 in the shader it should work with 0.1x0.1 in the image editor. But what happens if scale is 7x30 or another odd combination?

Isla 5 shells big.png
    408 x 408 - 632K
    Post edited by Jerife on
    edited May 2016

And another show of your shaders before bed time here. Leathers, benzene crystal, Tea, wine and the tray a great metal whose name  I don't remember

Chianti or Long Island iced tea, Madam? Huge file in my DA gallery

Royna's drinks rdx.jpg
    1980 x 1980 - 4M
    Post edited by Jerife on
    edited May 2016

The UV is always 1:1 that is the only rule , if your model proportion is changed the UVs scale is screeched  let say 7:30  the horizontal get 7 and vertical 30 compare it to 7:7 and 30:30 to find the right value for each direction ,

imagine you have cube with the same faces 1:1 now you scale the horizontal size 7 times , then you have to tile the textures 7 times in the horizontal direction to match the 7:1 scale of the object and have all sides in the same texture scale 

Jerife said:

And another question about scaling...

Is about all that I tried to do with the island shaders. The fiddling I did with with geoshells was in order to use masks for different parts of the terrain which I did not achieve in the image I finally posted. Today I gave it another try this time with 5 geoshells. Subdividing the terrain and Offsetting them diferently (incrementally; first at 0.1, last at 0.5) got rid of the straight polygons and lines. But the problem is that the masks need to be in the cutout with 1 Hor 1 Vert in order to work.

That means I do not know how to give the proper scale for the shaders as some need different scale. Is there a rule? Had not time to try but I magine if scale is 10x10 in the shader it should work with 0.1x0.1 in the image editor. But what happens if scale is 7x30 or another odd combination?

scales.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 370K
    Post edited by MEC4D on

I will make tutorial today as that is not how it should looks like 

Jerife said:

Wow, Great images and great clothes!

I achieved the wet effect with sun at cameras back and a lamp over head as you said. Did it with a cotton clean wrinkled 50's swimsuit that allowed me to post it here as transparent wet is only evident in the navel-

Did you used control map for the wet part of the t-shirt ? looks correct  nice idea .. she does wear black bra lol 

Beautiful use of the satin shaders! Mine will come later.

I am late as I was working on the wet cloth shader (it works great!) so here is the image (before and after nik filters) :

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited May 2016

Just a couple of quick ones. G2F and her hair use standard DS Iray shaders in both images, everything else is Mec4D.

Gen looked so fed up at having to scrub the sofa that I thought I'd better let her have a sit down out in the sunshine after!

Good_Clean_Fun.png
    800 x 800 - 994K
    Sitting_In_The_Sun.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by BlueIrene on
    edited May 2016

Just a couple of quick ones. G2F and her hair use standard DS Iray shaders in both images, everything else is Mec4D.

Gen looked so fed up at having to scrub the sofa that I thought I'd better let her have a sit down out in the sunshine after!

Nice, and a glass of wine, too.

Post edited by barbult on

It looks nice , you could render it little longer but well used , the light may be slightly too strong in the exposure but the composition is nice  

Jerife said:

And another show of your shaders before bed time here. Leathers, benzene crystal, Tea, wine and the tray a great metal whose name  I don't remember

Chianti or Long Island iced tea, Madam? Huge file in my DA gallery

I had my spring outdoor cleaning and scrubing already .. no thanks  , I prefer the relaxing time with glass of wine hahaha 

well done ! both !

edited May 2016
    MEC4D said:

When you have not much light in your scene you can increase the satin silk effect by changing the glossy roughness to 65% in both Gloss and Top coat gloassines , as both need the same glossy roughness value to make it work and it will not affect the PBR , you can also use black and white pattern texture and plug it under both glossy color and top color for special effects so the shine become the flower or whatever you use as pattern for example white flowers on black  background as pattern .

Now I'm trying the black and white pattern (courtesy of PD Iray Shader Kit 2) in the glossy color and top coat color. Is this the way it should look? I was kind of surprised to see part of the fabric turn black. I thought it would just be less shiny. There are various Volume 2 shaders in these images, too. The HDRI used for lighting and background is Lussan Street Border from Aversis.

Edit: Oops - hit the button without the files.

G3F Wear Them All Genesis Sundress Satin Lussan Street Border full.png
    1236 x 1600 - 2M
    G3F Wear Them All Genesis Sundress Satin Lussan Street Border.png
    1236 x 1600 - 2M
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I spent the past week working on one scene, using the new FW Nathan HD for G3M. I was just checking out the new character and testing how well Lani Hair works on the males. A whole story developed, though, once I settled on a pose. The satin sheets use the recently gifted satin shaders, the coins in the glass under the lamp use metal shaders from Vol 3. The lamp base uses gun metal shaders from Vol 2. Basically, if it's metal or plastic, it's had a shader applied from Vol 1, Vol 2 or Vol 3. The Voodoo table in both rooms use the bare wood shader from Vol 2.

Anyway, I had fun. And I learned a few things, (unrelated to shaders.) Oh, yeah... this is the DAZ website version. I added underpants so there was no violation of DAZ's TOS. I figured the mods might consider the Real Hairy "happy trails" to be pubic hair. (Looks like I may finally have to break down and create an account over at DA!)

When It's Too Dark To Surf

When It's Too Dark To Surf, by L'Adair

(Theoretically, if you click on the image, the gallery page should open up in a new window/tab.)

Looks pretty but don't remember  if i tod you to change glossy color [scatter] to [scatter and transmit] , only [scatter ]will block the diffuse color  

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

When you have not much light in your scene you can increase the satin silk effect by changing the glossy roughness to 65% in both Gloss and Top coat gloassines , as both need the same glossy roughness value to make it work and it will not affect the PBR , you can also use black and white pattern texture and plug it under both glossy color and top color for special effects so the shine become the flower or whatever you use as pattern for example white flowers on black  background as pattern .

Now I'm trying the black and white pattern (courtesy of PD Iray Shader Kit 2) in the glossy color and top coat color. Is this the way it should look? I was kind of surprised to see part of the fabric turn black. I thought it would just be less shiny. There are various Volume 2 shaders in these images, too. The HDRI used for lighting and background is Lussan Street Border from Aversis.

Nice flasher lol cheeky 

L'Adair said:

I spent the past week working on one scene, using the new FW Nathan HD for G3M. I was just checking out the new character and testing how well Lani Hair works on the males. A whole story developed, though, once I settled on a pose. The satin sheets use the recently gifted satin shaders, the coins in the glass under the lamp use metal shaders from Vol 3. The lamp base uses gun metal shaders from Vol 2. Basically, if it's metal or plastic, it's had a shader applied from Vol 1, Vol 2 or Vol 3. The Voodoo table in both rooms use the bare wood shader from Vol 2.

Anyway, I had fun. And I learned a few things, (unrelated to shaders.) Oh, yeah... this is the DAZ website version. I added underpants so there was no violation of DAZ's TOS. I figured the mods might consider the Real Hairy "happy trails" to be pubic hair. (Looks like I may finally have to break down and create an account over at DA!)

When It's Too Dark To Surf

(Theoretically, if you click on the image, the gallery page should open up in a new window/tab.)

edited May 2016
    MEC4D said:

Looks pretty but don't remember  if i tod you to change glossy color [scatter] to [scatter and transmit] , only [scatter ]will block the diffuse color  

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

I'm missing something. I changed glossy color to scatter and transmit, but it looked the same. So I also changed top coat color to scatter and transmit and it still looked the same.

Edit: I think the issue is that the base color of this satin shader is almost black.

@Barbult You are not allowed to share shader structures , please remove it 

edited May 2016

MEC4D said:

@Barbult You are not allowed to share shader structures , please remove it 

I'm very sorry. crying  I'm glad I saw your reply quickly. I deleted the screenshots. I posted it so you could see what I did, to see if I did something wrong.

If something like that happens again, you could ask an admin to remove the post, in case the poster doesn't see your reply quickly to edit their post.

No problem , don't worry 

Yes you are correct with the settings , I just checked it on my shader , 

you have 2 options , change the brightness of the diffuse slightly higher 

or I just found another funky way, add fresh shader of the satin to the fabric and plug the black and white pattern into base normal and set on 0.30

since the shader is for reverse normal effect you should get more interesting result , in both the light and dark area of the fabric

first image diffuse lighter setting as you already had , the second original satin color + only pattern under normal set on 0.30

diffuse lighter.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 654K
    normal.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 719K
    edited May 2016

Try this pattern under Main Normal value 0.30

tile around 9 

it should create lighter flower on the shadows and darker on the light areas

pattern_flowers_normal_0.30.jpg
    560 x 559 - 271K
    normal3.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 709K
    normal2.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 847K
    normal4.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 610K
    Post edited by MEC4D on

another pattern put under Main Normal value 0.30

tile around 15

patter2-flower.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 872K
    Flower-Pattern34.jpg
    402 x 385 - 131K
    edited May 2016

Lighter Base

Normal .30

G3F Wear Them All Genesis Sundress Satin base lighter.png
    1236 x 1600 - 2M
    G3F Wear Them All Genesis Sundress Satin normal BW 30.png
    1236 x 1600 - 2M
    edited May 2016

Thank you for the flowers!

G3F Ghost Bride Satin Flower normal BW 30 headlamp.duf.png
    1236 x 1600 - 2M

Looks really pretty love the dress materials , you see the HDR Castle you use have the sun from above and less powerful ambient light hit the front  so there is less shine on the front and less variations and contrast of the light and shadows, try the Pixar HDR it have nice frontal light , you can also invert the pattern to reverse to negative for different effect of the light

barbult said:

Thank you for the flowers!