MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

1383941434447

Comments

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Thanks , Abony looks cool natural or with make up , I relaxed well the UVs topology so she can wear other character skins well , the only little off are the slightly too low eyebrows in the maps  making her looking more bossy and strong , but she will have also own correct skin maps as well with real 3D eyebrows and I hope 3D eyelashes as well . I did not tried to rig eyelashes  yet on G3F so it may works better now .. and if not then I have to make dimensional maps for it to give the eyelashes more volume per individual hair so it looks better on the angles and of course new eyeballs shaders and morphs and the same for teeth . As nothing turns off as soulless eyes no matter how  realistic the rest is , and I may not succeed in making of the best looking model in the world but definitely it will be the best creation in my book I ever attempt and a very excited challenge for me since it was a long time ago that I made female character for genesis and so far I like the progress better than expected .

    Done!

    Thank you for your help.

    btw Abony is not only beautiful but also so real!

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    I must say that the base G3M proportions was much better in overal , the only thing are the area between the upper lip and nose what is very small for that reason my upcoming Unshaven 3 will be build on reverse defomation so I have enough hair for the nice mustache  formations .

    When you get the head to work the rest will follow much esier , have fun in Zbrush , inspiration and practice is the key ! I can't do that on commando , I need my day for sculpting ..

    Sorel said:
    MEC4D said:

    BTW here some screen shots with comparison to the G3F and G3M base , also the 2 younger males ( caucasian and Hispanic) and 1 older caucasian  female  is still in process so no head finished yet just the C.Swab and Abony ..

    original sub-d on both so Base vs New custom  Head morphs

    Wow that is quite a difference. I spent a while in zbrush yesterday trying to model bodies, think I'll practice on some heads now myself. I saw the new Captain America movie and I'd like to make a portrait of Chris Evans haha

     

  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

     

    MEC4D said:

    Fixed .. got ya !

    Kharma said:

    Twitter says I can't send you a private message because you don't follow me, I just signed up for Twitter this morning and have no clue what I am doing lol

     

    Same here with me, maybe I´m just too stupid but it always tells me that the message was not send.

  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    HoMart said:

     

    MEC4D said:

    Fixed .. got ya !

    Kharma said:

    Twitter says I can't send you a private message because you don't follow me, I just signed up for Twitter this morning and have no clue what I am doing lol

     

    Same here with me, maybe I´m just too stupid but it always tells me that the message was not send.

    Apparently I was clicking on the wrong message link, I had to go to Mec4D's page and then click on the message envelope on the left hand side, then do my message and click send and it worked as I received a reply from MEC4D

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    weird .. click on the button ( message )  worked  for me just sent you one  

    HoMart said:

     

    MEC4D said:

    Fixed .. got ya !

    Kharma said:

    Twitter says I can't send you a private message because you don't follow me, I just signed up for Twitter this morning and have no clue what I am doing lol

     

    Same here with me, maybe I´m just too stupid but it always tells me that the message was not send.

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    That's correct , messages are separate private  section .. you figured it faster than me Kharma hahaha , under settings you can allow everyone to send you message or just people you follow ..

    Kharma said:
    HoMart said:

     

    MEC4D said:

    Fixed .. got ya !

    Kharma said:

    Twitter says I can't send you a private message because you don't follow me, I just signed up for Twitter this morning and have no clue what I am doing lol

     

    Same here with me, maybe I´m just too stupid but it always tells me that the message was not send.

    Apparently I was clicking on the wrong message link, I had to go to Mec4D's page and then click on the message envelope on the left hand side, then do my message and click send and it worked as I received a reply from MEC4D

     

  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    Kharma said:
    HoMart said:

     

    MEC4D said:

    Fixed .. got ya !

    Kharma said:

    Twitter says I can't send you a private message because you don't follow me, I just signed up for Twitter this morning and have no clue what I am doing lol

     

    Same here with me, maybe I´m just too stupid but it always tells me that the message was not send.

    Apparently I was clicking on the wrong message link, I had to go to Mec4D's page and then click on the message envelope on the left hand side, then do my message and click send and it worked as I received a reply from MEC4D

    Thanks for the help,

    OH, I think I missed the "go to Mec4D's page" part ... only excuse is .. its 01:16 after midnight here .... brain switched to "standby" I think

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,277
    MEC4D said:

    It was not about that , I don't have FB either , it was for people that do have account already and I want to thanks them for the support  , I try to make more  buzz so the pirated product torments get suppressed by more posts from me in search engines . In the first week of my product release I lost 69K to illegal downloads , how standalone Artis can survive it if bad people killings you slowly without even thinking what they really do to us individual Artists and true customers that have to pay the higher product prices because of that , it is depressing ..  

    barbult said:

    As much as I love all MEC4D things, I decided I didn't want to sign up for yet another social media thingy to take up my time and track my activity. I'm not on FB either. The Daz forum already sucks away every free moment! cheeky So I'll sadly have to miss out. sad My absence is by no means a lack of interest in what Cath is doing, it is simply a feeble attempt to keep life sane.

     

    Why hasn't Daz followed through on the encryption that they said was intended to slow down the piracy? I'm sorry to hear the the piracy impact is as bad as ever.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Unless there is a separate serial number in each purchased product that link the customer to the download file nothing can stop it , the files that was shared was manual download from the store so I see no point in anything of it . Just download and share how more easier it can be . 2 weeks ago people shared my and other new DAZ releases direct from Google + account and google cloud promoting it as free download  ... stupidity and ignorance has no boarders .

     

    barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

    It was not about that , I don't have FB either , it was for people that do have account already and I want to thanks them for the support  , I try to make more  buzz so the pirated product torments get suppressed by more posts from me in search engines . In the first week of my product release I lost 69K to illegal downloads , how standalone Artis can survive it if bad people killings you slowly without even thinking what they really do to us individual Artists and true customers that have to pay the higher product prices because of that , it is depressing ..  

    barbult said:

    As much as I love all MEC4D things, I decided I didn't want to sign up for yet another social media thingy to take up my time and track my activity. I'm not on FB either. The Daz forum already sucks away every free moment! cheeky So I'll sadly have to miss out. sad My absence is by no means a lack of interest in what Cath is doing, it is simply a feeble attempt to keep life sane.

     

    Why hasn't Daz followed through on the encryption that they said was intended to slow down the piracy? I'm sorry to hear the the piracy impact is as bad as ever.

     

  • Marley99Marley99 Posts: 40
    edited May 2016

    I'm lost.

    What happens if we follow you on twitter?

    Post edited by Marley99 on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    I can't say , against the forum rules  

    AMarley said:

    I'm lost.

    What happens if we follow you on twitter?

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    I sent you guys messages on twitter but some of you don;t allow messages so if you missed my message or don't have any until now sent me PM here so I can finish the promise , it is ready

  • MaARiTtiMaARiTti Posts: 44

    Hi! You "Master of Shaders" and other 3D ;-) I have played vol. 2 and 3 and I have to say that you have made it to very easy to "play"! You are a so good ....
    I am still learning and try to figure out this HDR-thing but I don't have time yet.
    Be what you are and it is all in this world heart
    Maaritti :-D

    Ps. Now you can send me notes in twitter ;-)

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Funny ha ha ha , DONE !

    thank you my friend  !  heart 

    MaARiTti said:

    Hi! You "Master of Shaders" and other 3D ;-) I have played vol. 2 and 3 and I have to say that you have made it to very easy to "play"! You are a so good ....
    I am still learning and try to figure out this HDR-thing but I don't have time yet.
    Be what you are and it is all in this world heart
    Maaritti :-D

    Ps. Now you can send me notes in twitter ;-)

     

  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    AMarley said:

    I'm lost.

    What happens if we follow you on twitter?

    You'll get to join an elite group of Mec4d groupies, followers of the best kind. And besides that, Cath is just plain awesome.
    smiley

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Yeah the followers of the best VIP kind .. and you too nice ! heart 

    L'Adair said:
    AMarley said:

    I'm lost.

    What happens if we follow you on twitter?

    You'll get to join an elite group of Mec4d groupies, followers of the best kind. And besides that, Cath is just plain awesome.
    smiley

     

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    barbult said:

    Why hasn't Daz followed through on the encryption that they said was intended to slow down the piracy? I'm sorry to hear the the piracy impact is as bad as ever.

     

    Probably because it didn't sell - what's the point in encrypting and nobody buys?

  • I am sorry to hear about piracy. It must be so frustating. Let's hope that people who got it that way will become loyal paying customers in the future as they realize it was not supposed to be free.

    You are a wonderful person, caring and generous so it will come back at you.

    Thanks for the message on the bird site, I love the gift.

  • michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219

    Hi Cath, just sent message via Twitter, I swore I wold never join FB, twitter or any other social media new fangled thingies, but for you I decided that I would make an exception!

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Thank you, and you welcome ! 

    I am sorry to hear about piracy. It must be so frustating. Let's hope that people who got it that way will become loyal paying customers in the future as they realize it was not supposed to be free.

    You are a wonderful person, caring and generous so it will come back at you.

    Thanks for the message on the bird site, I love the gift.

    Awww that feel special ! I swore the same and not going to join FB not now or ever enough job already with youtube google and now twitter , good I can post at once to  everything , but I like twiter as good source of first news from the topic of my interest what is 3D less interested to know who going to the toiled or break a nail .lol

    so thanks for the support and welcome to the VIP Bird club cheeky  very soon I will release another bird again ! make sure you catch it and handle with care hehe  the usage is always the same , and of course you can share your birdy renders where you want no restrictions lol

    Hi Cath, just sent message via Twitter, I swore I wold never join FB, twitter or any other social media new fangled thingies, but for you I decided that I would make an exception!

     

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,277
    edited May 2016

    Here's a rugged guy in a satin jacket. I used the technique Cath taught us with Volume 3, to put the garment normal map in the Top Coat Bump. That added back the stitching and winkle details of the jacket. You've got another winning product!

    M-65 Jacket Satin.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Great image Barbult! Love those satin shaders!

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    That is nice one ! thanks for sharing!  try the last shader red and blue from the list , add some noise bump maps and scale down  it will  create soft almost plushy effect , make sure the light is in front like  head lamp or on the side

    I made it to represent the sanded soft silk effect aka madera 

    here couple colors on dress head lamp was on and standard DS HDRI scene , how more folding and wrinkles how better effect , pillows, sheets , dresses and all what shimmer 

    also used it with Abony tops .. of course you guys got just a little part of the full package for now .. need to feed my little birds once at the time cheeky

    barbult said:

    Here's a rugged guy in a satin jacket. I used the technique Cath taught us with Volume 3, to put the garment normal map in the Top Coat Bump. That added back the stitching and winkle details of the jacket. You've got another winning product!

     

     

    82 satin shaders.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 576K
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    When you have not much light in your scene you can increase the satin silk effect by changing the glossy roughness to 65% in both Gloss and Top coat gloassines , as both need the same glossy roughness value to make it work and it will not affect the PBR , you can also use black and white pattern texture and plug it under both glossy color and top color for special effects so the shine become the flower or whatever you use as pattern for example white flowers on black  background as pattern .

     Love those satin shaders!

     

  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

    hi, Cath...

    and i was so sure that i'd never Twitter again...just goes to show.  never say never...

    i'm just catching up with the thread.  seriously So Thrilled You Wouldn't Believe It! to see you have bone and wood shaders in the works...and then to see Abony!  oh my... 

    must go back a few pages and finish my catching up now.  i think my mind can handle being just a little bit more blown today... :)

    j

  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2016

    So these satin shaders are fabulous. I'll let you tell me how you think my octane conversion is. This is...shader 065 I believe.

    Post edited by Sorel on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,277

    Nice, Sorel. I didn't know you could adapt the shaders for other render engines. Iray is the only physically based render engine I have.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,277
    edited May 2016
    MEC4D said:

    That is nice one ! thanks for sharing!  try the last shader red and blue from the list , add some noise bump maps and scale down  it will  create soft almost plushy effect , make sure the light is in front like  head lamp or on the side

    I tried this, but I'm not sure I got the effect right. I used the bump map from the PC+ Iray fur as the noise bump map. I tiled by 4. I also tried to change the glossy roughness as suggested in your other tip for when there is not a lot of light, but I couldn't find a "glossy roughness" settings. I only see "Glossiness". Is that the one?

    I use Volume 2 shaders on the cabinet, stool and floor. This scene is West Park Treatment Center Iray and it is about the slowest rendering thing in the world. I wonder if some of the "Iray" materials do not have good PBR settings. I deleted many things that were not in the camera view. I even turned off the emissive surfaces and used some photometric lights instead - still dead dog slow. I rendered to PNG and pasted a photo behind it to show through the window. The main light through the window is Sun-Sky.

    WPTRI V6 MOS Satin Plush Blue Red.jpg
    1000 x 850 - 602K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Thanks so much J ! I hope you enjoy the preview pack ! 

    jardine said:

    hi, Cath...

    and i was so sure that i'd never Twitter again...just goes to show.  never say never...

    i'm just catching up with the thread.  seriously So Thrilled You Wouldn't Believe It! to see you have bone and wood shaders in the works...and then to see Abony!  oh my... 

    must go back a few pages and finish my catching up now.  i think my mind can handle being just a little bit more blown today... :)

    j

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Looks fabulous Sorel  , it is preview of my upcoming pack so pls keep the receipt to yourself , if you copy all settings exactly then it will works for sure as it is the most the easy setup for Octane 

    Sorel said:

    So these satin shaders are fabulous. I'll let you tell me how you think my octane conversion is.  I basically made it into a 3 layer material of diffuse/glossy/glossy. This is...shader 065 I believe.

     

Sign In or Register to comment.