MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Hi !

yes but in late June  , sorrt for late reply missed the notification since I am more on the phone latelly as I am upgrading my workstations 

Hi Cath - are the wood shaders going to be making an appearance in the store soon?

In case someone missed ,

Best Sellers 2015

PBS shaders for iray vol,1 are now on sale 40% off

http://www.daz3d.com/mec4d-pbs-shaders-vol-1-for-iray

Thanks for the support

Cath

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I just finished getting caught up on this thread.  I can't believe I missed so much in just a couple of weeks while I spazzed out on stuff outside of DAZ!  I just followed Cath on Twitter.  I didn't know you were on there!  Sorry I managed to miss so much.  Those shaders look awesome, btw.  It looks like everyone is having fun with them.  I really like what Barbult did with the Ghost Bride Dress.  And, those broken velvet shaders look absolutely touchable!  It will be nice to get to play with them when they come out.

It seems like every time I turn around, I'm using one of Cath's shaders in a render!  Thanks for the nice comment on my Dancer image, too, Cath.  With the exception of the floor, mirror and windows, I think I used your shaders to remodel almost every surface of that dance studio even the parts you can't see in the render!  I ended up using one of the metals from Vol. 2 just today in my render that's still currently cooking.

Thanks, yes you missed little fun we had with the beta preview shaders , I am finishing fixing my rig tonigh and back at work tomorrow if everything run smooth since for over a week I had seriously break  and not free wheeling ( grama ?) but at last I spend some time outdoors before the heat and humid weather that I can't stand .

And you are more that welcome, thanks for dropping by , and I will check your gallery for your upcoming creation or you can post here if you like .

Btw Twitter audience is nice as you showing work to people that mostly don;t have much to do with 3D and they more appreciate what you do , compared to google and facebook or even here . So go share your art with the world beyond 3D community they will boost your confidence , make sure you using # so people can come across your artwork and not just your followers and have fun !

heartheartheart

I just finished getting caught up on this thread.  I can't believe I missed so much in just a couple of weeks while I spazzed out on stuff outside of DAZ!  I just followed Cath on Twitter.  I didn't know you were on there!  Sorry I managed to miss so much.  Those shaders look awesome, btw.  It looks like everyone is having fun with them.  I really like what Barbult did with the Ghost Bride Dress.  And, those broken velvet shaders look absolutely touchable!  It will be nice to get to play with them when they come out.

It seems like every time I turn around, I'm using one of Cath's shaders in a render!  Thanks for the nice comment on my Dancer image, too, Cath.  With the exception of the floor, mirror and windows, I think I used your shaders to remodel almost every surface of that dance studio even the parts you can't see in the render!  I ended up using one of the metals from Vol. 2 just today in my render that's still currently cooking.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,929

Do you have to have Twitter and link to see what you are working on, or can I just click on your sig?

Don't plan on ever getting a Twitter account, so I don't want to be completely left out!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I'm a follower on twitter now as well . Although it took me awhile to remember what my darn password was... lol.   Some really beautiful renders here.

Not really but VIP birds getting freebies lol and beta test previews 

Do you have to have Twitter and link to see what you are working on, or can I just click on your sig?

Don't plan on ever getting a Twitter account, so I don't want to be completely left out!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

love how the bronze shader turned out Cath http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/147156

Very cute it is one of my favorite shader , the slighlty golden shine make it unique a true PBR in action  

Szark said:

love how the bronze shader turned out Cath http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/147156

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    Szark said:

I love this!
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,929

Bunch of Mec4D's shaders on the foreground station:

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Zenith-over-planet-Iray-612860787

That is very nice one Will one of your best  

Bunch of Mec4D's shaders on the foreground station:

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Zenith-over-planet-Iray-612860787

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I love those twotoned shaders!

Iray Cookie

Cookie -  Lady Littlefox
    Cookie Dough - Capsces
    Joy Dress for Cookie - esha
    Ballet shoes - Trumarcar
    Mec4d Satin shaders
    Elf Queen Hair - Lady Littlefox
    FWSA Soft Light Probes - Fred Winkler Art, Sabby

Thanks Kerya , lovely render

it is called Shot Silk fabric and works best when there is some contrast light source  as with all PBR shaders  like metal or other so you get different effect each time the light move in the scene 

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited June 2016
    MEC4D said:

Thanks Kerya , lovely render

it is called Shot Silk fabric and works best when there is some contrast light source  as with all PBR shaders  like metal or other so you get different effect each time the light move in the scene 

Now I want that dress - in real! LOL

Or for one of my virtual dolls.

Post edited by Kerya on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    edited August 2016

Time for another Mec4D Satin shader image. smiley

Mec4D Satin Shader Blouse.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on

well done luv it ! yes 

barbult said:

Time for another Mec4D Satin shader image. smiley

• Wow a lot has happened here and I can see I missed out on a lot. Just finished getting caught up and followed you on twitter  Cath :D 

Those shaders looks great as everything else you make .

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited August 2016

Hey Cath, I think I read on one of the other threads you are working on wood shaders. How soon before those are ready?

... I just realized that question was asked above... was the release delayed?

Post edited by FrankTheTank on

Hi , I have my summer break until Monday , I working a little bit sometimes when I get bored or the hot weather forces me to stay home but not at full power , also shooting new HDRI panoramas when I travel around 

but beside the wood shaders I will have a lot of other super stuff in September 

Thanks !  following you as well ;) 

Wow a lot has happened here and I can see I missed out on a lot. Just finished getting caught up and followed you on twitter  Cath :D 

Those shaders looks great as everything else you make .

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Still going to do some human shaders hon? 

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265

Just want to say, I love the wet fabric option. When you hit it with just the right light, it looks so convincing.

I don't want to get into details in this thread anymore but one at a time :)  it is in my agenda ! 

xoxo 

RAMWolff said:

Yes it does , works best with HDRI with sun , sky sun or direct light source , bad or ambient (soft box ) hdri maps have not enough light power to penetrate the surface   as everything need to be set right for full effect 

this kind of stuff need a very closer fit clothing to the surface of the model with some wrinkles as wet clothing stick to the skin partially with some folding other way it will looks like transparent spandex 

glad to hear you noticed it 

JeremyD said:

Just want to say, I love the wet fabric option. When you hit it with just the right light, it looks so convincing.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    MEC4D said:

I don't want to get into details in this thread anymore but one at a time :)  it is in my agenda ! 

xoxo 

RAMWolff said:

KEWL!  Thanks for letting me/us know! XOXO

• GaryHGaryH Posts: 66
    edited August 2016

The entire Mec4D catalog (excluding PC+ and new items) is on a Fast Grab sale for 70% off.  Picked up a couple of things - you know, all good things come to those who wait!  yes

Post edited by GaryH on
    edited August 2016

Thank you, I was off all day today forgot to inform you about the Mega Fast Grab for all my products ..  for a very limited time it is for celebrating my 18 anniversary in 3D an as part of our community 

so thank you @garyh.pub for the note !

http://www.daz3d.com/mec4d

2016-08-15.png
    806 x 407 - 480K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I grabbed Volume 3 from Fast Grab, couldn't believe my eyes.  I think I own 1,2,3, and something else as well as some green samples.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

And now I have all 3 volumes!!! mwahahahahahahhahahaaaaa!!! :D