MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    MEC4D said:

Looking nice @Barbult I see you skipped the normal map  

MEC4D said:

well what about my free 4th july  dress ?/

Well, it wasn't intentional! sadBut I know what happened. I was experimenting with other micro surfaces but decided I liked the plain surface better. In the course of resetting the micro surface, I ended up with no normal map. I did notice the lack of detail around the straps area, but it didn't occur to me what the cause was.. I am going to replace the image with one with the normal map.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

LOL and she is so right !  it does makes it better  .. nice as always , I was thinking at first it was a jeans jacket until I zoom in , well done ! stay creative!

Your shaders are getting me creative!

Shaders from vol 2 : wood and jacket (leather), + satin shaders for the girl and the guy pants.

I was just wondering ..  I forgot to exclude the tilling from the shaders so I have to rework all stuff again as it bother me when it reset the tile each time , in place of ignoring tiles I ignored UVs  while saving .. another blonde moment 

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

Well, it wasn't intentional! sadBut I know what happened. I was experimenting with other micro surfaces but decided I liked the plain surface better. In the course of resetting the micro surface, I ended up with no normal map. I did notice the lack of detail around the straps area, but it didn't occur to me what the cause was.. I am going to replace the image with one with the normal map.

MEC4D said:

I was just wondering ..  I forgot to exclude the tilling from the shaders so I have to rework all stuff again as it bother me when it reset the tile each time , in place of ignoring tiles I ignored UVs  while saving .. another blonde moment 

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

If you are reworking anyway, you can fix a spelling error. The word Threads is misspelled as Treads in some micro surface names. All the tags seem to say BASE SURFACE, so that I can't figure out which satin color I used. It would be nice if they had tags to identify them, or at least say "Satin". There, see, I gave you more work to consider doing. wink

it was just draw  not the final version yet and I was short on time to make it on last Sunday and the truth is I did not even checked the names as I will have to redone all of them anyway ( I know bad excuse ).. but thanks for catching on the mistakes ! and I do remember the tags , I just do it as last when I know the shaders works 

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

If you are reworking anyway, you can fix a spelling error. The word Threads is misspelled as Treads in some micro surface names. All the tags seem to say BASE SURFACE, so that I can't figure out which satin color I used. It would be nice if they had tags to identify them, or at least say "Satin". There, see, I gave you more work to consider doing. wink

MEC4D said:

it was just draw  not the final version yet and I was short on time to make it on last Sunday and the truth is I did not even checked the names as I will have to redone all of them anyway ( I know bad excuse ).. but thanks for catching on the mistakes ! and I do remember the tags , I just do it as last when I know the shaders works 

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

Well, it's pretty great for a quick draft. I'm sure enjoying it.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I just had to try out the black and white pattern in normal map with the satin shaders. That is just so cool! Anyway, here's a bit of fun:

Martian Girls Wanna Have Fun, by L'Adair

The hair uses the Bleached Blonde hair shader from Unshaven 2, The boots use the red leather shader from Vol 2, with blue added via the base color to get the purple color. The eyelets use a gold shader from Vol 1, but there isn't enough light on the feet to tell. The soles are Rubber Driet (sic) also from Vol 2. The dress and blouse both use the purple satin shader. The blouse has the original trans map added back in to the Output Opacity setting. The floral pattern is from an image I purchased a while back from the now defunct Dollar Photo Club. The martian from Midnight Stories has the green alien shader from the St. Pat's Day shader set, with the "human" version of the skin plugged into the translucency setting.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,236
    edited May 2016

I've hardly had chance to do any rendering for a while, so I'm just getting back to some experimentation. Here I'm adding back (original product texture) maps on top of these shaders - in this case the bump from the Arthurian Dress for G3F. Everything except the skin comes from Vol 2 - ah no, I think some of the gold on the necklaces may have come from Vol 1.

PS: I love that purple dress, L'Adair!

PBS-Vol2-Shader-Test-21-May.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 753K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    MelanieL said:

Thank you. smiley

MelanieL said:

I've hardly had chance to do any rendering for a while, so I'm just getting back to some experimentation. Here I'm adding back (original product texture) maps on top of these shaders - in this case the bump from the Arthurian Dress for G3F. Everything except the skin comes from Vol 2 - ah no, I think some of the gold on the necklaces may have come from Vol 1.

That's really nice. I especially like the tooled-leather look of the corset.

L'Adair said:
    MelanieL said:

That's really nice. I especially like the tooled-leather look of the corset.

Thank you - I was surprised how well it came out with just a bumped-up bump.

MelanieL said:

It looks great. I like that leather tooling look, too.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,929
    I have the G2 version of that dress, love it

Very nice @L'Adair and @MelanieL 

I am quiet upgrading my PC motherboard and the rest , they sent me just half stuff I needed so have to wait until Monday to finish everything , at last Microsoft was so nice and activated my Windows again at not charge after upgrading the motherboard ..

2 days break from DS ? nope I already tried rendering to see if everything works fine lol  I am officially  addicted 

I have the G2 version of that dress, love it

Whoops, my typo: it was G2F!

• Kat_KatKat_Kat Posts: 169

Omg, how did I miss this...Missed the release sale, but it is in my wishlist and will throw money at it soon, loved the first volume and find excuses to use it on anything. Definately a must have for me.

Thanks for the support ! sorry yo missed it , the release price was mind blowing  , I guess there will be another chance again to get it for better deal as usually but nobody knows time and hour I am sure you will love it 

Kat_Kat said:

Omg, how did I miss this...Missed the release sale, but it is in my wishlist and will throw money at it soon, loved the first volume and find excuses to use it on anything. Definately a must have for me.

edited May 2016

This one's for you, Cath... laugh

Disco Inferno

Disco Inferno, by L'Adair

The jewelry and her fingernails use "Unobtainium" from Vol 2. All the fabric uses the satin shaders. The main dress, belt and heaadband use transmaps from the outfit for the pattern. The "plain" satin uses the Satin fine micro surface, The shoes use Rubber Driet for the soles and plain satin for the trim and laces. The tops of the shoes use Treads big micro surface. And of course, the skin uses the green alien skin shader from the St. Paddy's freebie, with the martian "human" textures plugged into the translucency setting.

I found the lips for P3D Quinty worked exceptionally well with this skin setting. And I added eyelashes from Quinty's textures, as well.

Enjoy!

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • MaARiTtiMaARiTti Posts: 45

Hi ;-) and Thak You MEC4D! Every free time i have, I try to learn Daz and these shaders. Here is my examples with very poor lighting and very good textures (I use DazStudio 4.8.0.55 on my old Mac and this why renderings are what they are and IMac is my workmachine )

Dawn koe2.jpg
    1000 x 1618 - 583K
    mec satin o2 copy.jpg
    834 x 1683 - 921K
    Mec Huntman 88%.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 605K
  • MaARiTtiMaARiTti Posts: 45
    edited May 2016

and more ;-) textures, metals, glass, wood and plastic

coats.jpg
    964 x 947 - 699K
    esineitä.jpg
    1231 x 820 - 1M
    Kit Kiki .jpg
    886 x 886 - 409K
    Post edited by MaARiTti on

I would say { Death can dance } ! hahaha she is creepy but funny  the Satin looks good ! thanks Anita 

L'Adair said:

This one's for you, Cath... laugh

Disco Inferno

The jewelry and her fingernails use "Unobtainium" from Vol 2. All the fabric uses the satin shaders. The main dress, belt and heaadband use transmaps from the outfit for the pattern. The "plain" satin uses the Satin fine micro surface, The shoes use Rubber Driet for the soles and plain satin for the trim and laces. The tops of the shoes use Treads big micro surface. And of course, the skin uses the green alien skin shader from the St. Paddy's freebie, with the martian "human" textures plugged into the translucency setting.

I found the lips for P3D Quinty worked exceptionally well with this skin setting. And I added eyelashes from Quinty's textures, as well.

Enjoy!

You should upgrade Daz Studio the new version is faster and so much better to work with Iray

well done and used well , the plastic dolls looks cute , you cold add more SSS amouth and make the plastic slightly thicker but anyway the effect was cool

thanks for sharing !

MaARiTti said:

Hi ;-) and Thak You MEC4D! Every free time i have, I try to learn Daz and these shaders. Here is my examples with very poor lighting and very good textures (I use DazStudio 4.8.0.55 on my old Mac and this why renderings are what they are and IMac is my workmachine )

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,955
    edited May 2016
    MelanieL said:

WOW! Outstanding render!

My main problem with the shaders is that I want to test them out on everything, so much so I spend hours with test rendering and shader-play that I rarely get any scenes finished! xD Thanks M4D for your shaders, it's money well spent!...Even if I don't get anything done! xD

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
    edited May 2016

@takezo_3001 thanks a lot !

just finished my rig and doing some tests with my Not finished yet Abony character .. eyes are still not right or the shaders

Abony3.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 488K
    Abony4.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 426K
    Abony5.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 506K
    Abony7 full HD.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 743K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219

Abony is sure one foxy lady! (: has got to be one of the nicest female characters for Daz I've seen to date!

MEC4D said:

just finished my rig and doing some tests with my Not finished yet Abony character .. eyes are still not right or the shaders

Thanks, takezo_3001!

And MEC4D - Abony is looking really lovely already. Is that another of your own hair models in the latest set of renders?

Thank you ! 

Abony is sure one foxy lady! (: has got to be one of the nicest female characters for Daz I've seen to date!

MEC4D said:

Thank you  Melanie , yes made in Zbrush for her , She will have own nice collection of hair to match her exactly in different styles 

MelanieL said:

Thanks, takezo_3001!

And MEC4D - Abony is looking really lovely already. Is that another of your own hair models in the latest set of renders?

• Recently bought Rawart's EnviroCam and wanted to give it a shot.  That along with the Wet Body product by SimonWM and just HAD to try the Wet Cloth shader from your Vol. 2 shader set and here's the result laugh.  Now I just have to figure out how to get the hair to look wet lol.

Nindo Poses G3F.jpg
    1920 x 1680 - 1M
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

Looks pretty good.

Looks very cool , with the hair will be a little problem but you can change the glossy roughness to get deeper color and less diffused glossy 

Thanks for sharing ! 

Recently bought Rawart's EnviroCam and wanted to give it a shot.  That along with the Wet Body product by SimonWM and just HAD to try the Wet Cloth shader from your Vol. 2 shader set and here's the result laugh.  Now I just have to figure out how to get the hair to look wet lol.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Hi Cath - are the wood shaders going to be making an appearance in the store soon?