MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Gorgeous Cath...

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,828
    MEC4D said:

btw did I show you guys my summer project for G3F her name is Abony representing West African origin  , it is just W.I.P as only head morph is finished for now , modeled with Zbrush , rendered with Iray  

I hope you like 

Indeed, I like! This will be a great addition to the character pool.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

Cath you never cease to amaze.

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    MEC4D said:

I checked everything , tried many of software even for custom light , manual editing but not way to change the angle 

beside angle you still have shadows to edit so not just  light .

Since IES profiles are spherical based they perform best on point light or geometric sphere , the DS IES profile use only light and  shadow maps so not full setting from the profile 

I guess the only way for now is to change the direction of the prop light or point light on X rotation -90  for all IES profile , since there are so many different types of IES profiles 

save your light shader prop or point light as standard light already rotated and use it for your base IES profile lighting will be much easier

I even wrote couple of my own IES profiles today but all I could change was the angle of light  and shadows , not the angle of the source light what is in center of the sphere with the main beam at the angle of X 90 in DS by default , there is a normal switched MDL block under Iray that could to the trick and change the angle

If someone get smart and create plugin for DS that convert IES profile into light source as other programs have  then will be different story  and the best solution 

btw here is one of the funky result when I was making custom ies profiles 

the first is kind of ring light ( side light are caustics that render faster indoor light shader emitters than without caustic on  ) you see for bulb maybe  not so good with the direction but for other kind of light source it is actually perfect at X -0.0 like windows , light panels or sun light simulation with IES profile 

Thanks for trying!   Maybe Daz can do something about it in the next release........

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Thanks guys ! it was just first render rest after sculpting Abony's head 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    MEC4D said:

Thanks !

btw did I show you guys my summer project for G3F her name is Abony representing West African origin  , it is just W.I.P as only head morph is finished for now , modeled with Zbrush , rendered with Iray  

I hope you like 

I saw these on your new Twitter feed. Abony is beautiful. Will she be for sale at some point? Hint, hint...

Also, what hair are you using in these images? The first and third remind of of Omri, (a hair I don't have,) but I don't recognize the one in the middle... Would it be one of your own? Regardless, it's really nice and complements Abony's face well.

Maybe they did already but you know the programmers are always ahead from what we get .. but the best option would be "Convert IES Profile to light "' where you have all option included , now loading just ies profile all it do is loading light and shadow maps , no light power , lumens and other stuff , it would be more accurate and much esier to use for everyone 

MEC4D said:
    Thanks for trying!   Maybe Daz can do something about it in the next release........

Thanks Anita !  the all stuff on her I made in Zbrush  including the hair and she wearing V7 base skin textured with edited shader but the eyebrows are slightly too low for Abony making her looking little bossy, I am not yet in process of building textures for her as I need to finish the rest of the realistic body first , she will have own hair collection and skin and clothing so full bundle starter for the middle summer release and after partner for her in the same style   

L'Adair said:
    MEC4D said:

Thanks !

I hope you like 

I saw these on your new Twitter feed. Abony is beautiful. Will she be for sale at some point? Hint, hint...

Also, what hair are you using in these images? The first and third remind of of Omri, (a hair I don't have,) but I don't recognize the one in the middle... Would it be one of your own? Regardless, it's really nice and complements Abony's face well.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited May 2016

Post edited by MBusch on
    edited May 2016

Here one more Abony with darker skin and now hair , she looks nice with very light or very dark skin 

she needs own smile and own expressions to make her looking real and correspond with her own bone face structure  other way she will looks like after stroke and creepy lol 

Abony4 mec4d 2016.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 415K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Marley99Marley99 Posts: 40
    MEC4D said:

Thanks !

I hope you like 

She looks very nice. Will you be posting more pictures of her? Maybe from the front.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    MEC4D said:

Thanks Anita !  the all stuff on her I made in Zbrush  including the hair and she wearing V7 base skin textured with edited shader but the eyebrows are slightly too low for Abony making her looking little bossy, I am not yet in process of building textures for her as I need to finish the rest of the realistic body first , she will have own hair collection and skin and clothing so full bundle starter for the middle summer release and after partner for her in the same style   

L'Adair said:
    MEC4D said:

Thanks !

I hope you like 

I'll start saving my pennies quarters now, then. Or just pay off my credit card so I've plenty of room...
    cheeky

Thanks, yes when the time is for her own tread  .. and she have all own new materials , I just testing stuff between to see if I am going into the right directions 

with the modeling as it is far from the base so totally reworking base G3F , as I want a real looking model to the last millimeter , and she have all 100% human proportions on the head already 

I am doing other characters between and switching also making her partner and other  older characters 

here is sculpt from Zbrush of Abony head from different angles without textures 

and also my older character in making as some of you saw on my twitter account early 

AMarley said:

She looks very nice. Will you be posting more pictures of her? Maybe from the front.

preview3 for kevin.jpg
    1626 x 1055 - 714K
    zbrushprojectwiphumancapswab.jpg
    803 x 841 - 114K
    zbrushprojectwiphumancapswab2.jpg
    1592 x 743 - 146K

You still have a lot of time :) lol  

L'Adair said:

I'll start saving my pennies quarters now, then. Or just pay off my credit card so I've plenty of room...
    cheeky

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Your new character looks fabulous, will be an insa-buy I am sure!  I am looking for the post about your Twitter and signing up but can't find it, which thread is it in?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Kharma said:

Your new character looks fabulous, will be an insa-buy I am sure!  I am looking for the post about your Twitter and signing up but can't find it, which thread is it in?

It was removed - just click on the TWITTER link in Mec4d's signature and follow her

Kerya said:
    Kharma said:

It was removed - just click on the TWITTER link in Mec4d's signature and follow her

Thanks Kerya, I am not familiar with Twitter and altho I just skimmed her post at the time I thought there was info in Mec4D's post about following, but if it was removed I will figure it out

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Wow this character is awesome!  I am budgeting this year carefully. I hope to have money when woods and skins and beards go to market.  :)

I hope too not to miss more of those alien skin freebies, James Bones freebies, St Patricks greenies etc.

But what I long is to see this hair available 

How could I miss that jewel too crying

Yeah We are not allowed to post direct links to other websites  , if you want the freebie tonight just send me private message there so I can reply with the download link

Kharma said:

It was my last year B-Day celebration freebie the jump suit  for a limited time , I was not happy with the hair at the end and if I am not I don't even share it for free , landed in trash  ... but who knows what this year celebration bring for you .. only my PC knows lol

Jerife said:

Wow this character is awesome!  I am budgeting this year carefully. I hope to have money when woods and skins and beards go to market.  :)

I hope too not to miss more of those alien skin freebies, James Bones freebies, St Patricks greenies etc.

But what I long is to see this hair available 

How could I miss that jewel too crying

MEC4D said:

Yeah We are not allowed to post direct links to other websites  , if you want the freebie tonight just send me private message there so I can reply with the download link

Kharma said:

Twitter says I can't send you a private message because you don't follow me, I just signed up for Twitter this morning and have no clue what I am doing lol

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

As much as I love all MEC4D things, I decided I didn't want to sign up for yet another social media thingy to take up my time and track my activity. I'm not on FB either. The Daz forum already sucks away every free moment! cheeky So I'll sadly have to miss out. sad My absence is by no means a lack of interest in what Cath is doing, it is simply a feeble attempt to keep life sane.

Fixed .. got ya ! 

Kharma said:
    MEC4D said:

Kharma said:

Twitter says I can't send you a private message because you don't follow me, I just signed up for Twitter this morning and have no clue what I am doing lol

I don't know...I must be a fail at Social media because I tried to send a private message and it just keeps saying my message can't be sent...go figure frown

It was not about that , I don't have FB either , it was for people that do have account already and I want to thanks them for the support  , I try to make more  buzz so the pirated product torments get suppressed by more posts from me in search engines . In the first week of my product release I lost 69K to illegal downloads , how standalone Artis can survive it if bad people killings you slowly without even thinking what they really do to us individual Artists and true customers that have to pay the higher product prices because of that , it is depressing ..  

barbult said:

As much as I love all MEC4D things, I decided I didn't want to sign up for yet another social media thingy to take up my time and track my activity. I'm not on FB either. The Daz forum already sucks away every free moment! cheeky So I'll sadly have to miss out. sad My absence is by no means a lack of interest in what Cath is doing, it is simply a feeble attempt to keep life sane.

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

Just created an account there and followed you Cath but I have no clue what else I am supposed to do.

Kharma I am as lost as you are as I don't do social media either!

Just send me PM there with word DS so I know where to send it lol 

Just created an account there and followed you Cath but I have no clue what else I am supposed to do.

Kharma I am as lost as you are as I don't do social media either!

BTW here some screen shots with comparison to the G3F and G3M base , also the 2 younger males ( caucasian and Hispanic) and 1 older caucasian  female  is still in process so no head finished yet just the C.Swab and Abony ..

original sub-d on both so Base vs New custom  Head morphs

Abony wire smooth.jpg
    1256 x 1116 - 469K
    Abony wire.jpg
    1256 x 1116 - 638K
    c swab wire smooth.jpg
    1256 x 1116 - 464K
    c swab wire.jpg
    1256 x 1116 - 636K
    c swab wire smooth pirat.jpg
    942 x 1309 - 444K
    c swab wire smooth king.jpg
    942 x 1309 - 439K
    wiz11.jpg
    677 x 989 - 163K
  • xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2016

Done!

Thank you for your help.

btw Abony is not only beautiful but also so real! Love the older man too! Your work is impressive.

Post edited by xmasrose on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    MEC4D said:

BTW here some screen shots with comparison to the G3F and G3M base , also the 2 younger males ( caucasian and Hispanic) and 1 older caucasian  female  is still in process so no head finished yet just the C.Swab and Abony ..

original sub-d on both so Base vs New custom  Head morphs

Wow that is quite a difference. I spent a while in zbrush yesterday trying to model bodies, think I'll practice on some heads now myself. I saw the new Captain America movie and I'd like to make a portrait of Chris Evans haha