MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2016

So much learning in this thread and beautiful images!

Yes I used a control map made with one of Ron's brush. She first wore no bra (oops the TOS) then a nude bra but it didn't show so she finally decided on her blue satin bra angel.

I also used the volumetric water murky slightly adjusted for the splash of coffee.The volumetric coffee looked too dark to me, expressos don't come in a mug.

MEC4D said:
    MEC4D said:

Did you used control map for the wet part of the t-shirt ? looks correct  nice idea .. she does wear black bra lol 

Beautiful use of the satin shaders! Mine will come later.

I am late as I was working on the wet cloth shader (it works great!) so here is the image (before and after nik filters) :

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I haven't used my twitter account in I don't know how long and had almost forgotten what user name I have there lol.  I made an exception for you as well though and went back to it. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited May 2016
    MEC4D said:

Looks really pretty love the dress materials , you see the HDR Castle you use have the sun from above and less powerful ambient light hit the front  so there is less shine on the front and less variations and contrast of the light and shadows, try the Pixar HDR it have nice frontal light , you can also invert the pattern to reverse to negative for different effect of the light

Better?  Thanks for the constant tips and suggestions to help us get the best results from your products. I like the way the colors blend with this HDRI, too. The background was too busy, with all the tree branches, so I used DOF.

The HDRI is Luxo Jr. by Dylan Sisson, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

G3F Ghost Bride Satin Flower normal BW 30 Pixar Campus.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 846K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited May 2016

Barbult superb render, which dress is that ?

My try :

alone.jpg
    533 x 800 - 389K

Thanks, that is Ghost Bride Dress for G3F.

Nice work on the sheets, too. Is that seashell shaped texture one of the micro surfaces in the shaders? I don't recognize it.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited May 2016

Very nice job both of you 

I still reworking stuff and changing things so some W.I.P

Used Cozy Bed prop from the store 

added just the shader and pattern the bump was original 

standard DS HDRI and head lamp on

bed white.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 619K
    bed blue3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 582K
    bed blue2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 467K
    bed blue4.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 598K
    bed green2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 609K
    bed red2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 379K
    bed white2.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 871K
    Post edited by MEC4D on

Yours look so luscious! Perhaps this is the one time when I should turn the headlamp back on.

I loaded M7, applied the Reset shader from the Volume 2 and applied a satin shader with no microsurface. I made sure there was no bump and no displacement. I have seam lines between the body parts and a seam down the middle of the body. The seams seem to be caused by Anisotropy. Is there a workaround?

M7 Satin seam lines.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 713K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Could be UV related? Maybe try using a decal, if you don't care about everything getting covered.

Could be UV related? Maybe try using a decal, if you don't care about everything getting covered.

I did think about that, Will. I was hoping there was an easier solution, to shade just the skin without seams.

edited May 2016

Thanks yes only for indoor looking scenes as outside will looks like a flash , silky materials  are like metallic , you paint them with reflections , head lamp have nice Light path so the silk catch it , but a plane will do that , that why in movies they use always diffusers on the sides for the extra pop . and of course how more folds how better the effect , it is physical  it call physical  modeling 

also the new DS Beta build from today is so much faster with iray and multiple cards and it have also Light Portals aka sky portals under photometric light so can be scaled as much you want and  will be visible  so you know what you doing , good bye head  lamps from now , boxes and planes with emitters .. and I was just talking about week go .. big brother listen lol 

barbult said:

Yours look so luscious! Perhaps this is the one time when I should turn the headlamp back on.

Post edited by MEC4D on

That is normal ,the point is that is specific  only for fabric and cloth and nothing else , the clothing should have the seams done the proper way also as it will catch any hard edges  ,the seam is the cut in the fabric and the shader simulate directions of the threads following the UVs if you load regular fabric on genesis you get seams too .

as Will always say , use decal if you really need that 

barbult said:

I loaded M7, applied the Reset shader from the Volume 2 and applied a satin shader with no microsurface. I made sure there was no bump and no displacement. I have seam lines between the body parts and a seam down the middle of the body. The seams seem to be caused by Anisotropy. Is there a workaround?

MEC4D said:

That is normal ,the point is that is specific  only for fabric and cloth and nothing else , the clothing should have the seams done the proper way also as it will catch any hard edges  ,the seam is the cut in the fabric and the shader simulate directions of the threads following the UVs if you load regular fabric on genesis you get seams too .

as Will always say , use decal if you really need that 

barbult said:

OK. Thanks. That makes sense. I was just playing to see what I could do.

I did too on a lot of different objects to see if there is a chance to make more from it than just silk-satin  shader and beside velvet and suede nothing else 

here some tests on the broken velvet shader from this volume

velvet7.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 1M
    velvet9.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 920K
    velvet8.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 1M
    velvet10.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 1M
    velvet4.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 1M
    velvet2.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 907K

Oh, I like the red especially well.

edited May 2016

Thanks MEC4D.

Very interested in velvet. Love the beige/gold ones!

Barbult I used a Filter Forge filter (seigaiha) in the bump. I attach it to the post in case you or anyone would be interested.

barbult said:

Thanks, that is Ghost Bride Dress for G3F.

Nice work on the sheets, too. Is that seashell shaped texture one of the micro surfaces in the shaders? I don't recognize it.

seigaiha 1024-seamless.png
    1024 x 1024 - 172K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow it looks like you can just reach out and actually feel the textures....

• Marley99Marley99 Posts: 40
    MEC4D said:

I did too on a lot of different objects to see if there is a chance to make more from it than just silk-satin  shader and beside velvet and suede nothing else 

here some tests on the broken velvet shader from this volume

These look great.

Thanks , my VIP "birds"' will get the final version of the product as well .

edited May 2016

I'm still playing with the satins. The Allure Dress had some autofitting issues on my G3F model, but I pushed the smoothing way up and it is OK.

Allure Dress Satin 0003.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M

Very nice @Barbult , now it is perfect nothing to add especially the big render looks very nice   , practice is good for later and you learn about a lot in between 

MEC4D said:

Very nice @Barbult , now it is perfect nothing to add especially the big render looks very nice   , practice is good for later and you learn about a lot in between 

Thanks, I'm looking through my library for wrinkly fabrics. laugh

edited May 2016

what about my free 4th july dress ? from last year

green1.png
    764 x 1080 - 404K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

You've got a new twitter follower, Cath!

edited May 2016
    MEC4D said:

what about my free 4th july dress ? from last year

Yes, I have that one. This is one of the two-color satins. The light is more diffused with this HDRI, but the satin still looks nice.

Lighting and background are from No Emotion HDRs. It is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0.

Edit: replaced image with one that uses the normal map.

Mec4D 4th July Satin Park D with normal map.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

some nice renders going on in here.

Looking nice @Barbult I see you skipped the normal map  

MEC4D said:

well what about my free 4th july  dress ?/

Thanks for joining the birdy club ;)

You've got a new twitter follower, Cath!

Yes ineed ..thanks

nicstt said:

some nice renders going on in here.

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,153

Signed up for twitter and followed.  Likely about all I'll do with Twitter as the whole social networking whatnot isn't really my thing, but still some things are worth it. :)

Awww thanks !  yes it is ! I promise  

Signed up for twitter and followed.  Likely about all I'll do with Twitter as the whole social networking whatnot isn't really my thing, but still some things are worth it. :)

edited May 2016

Your shaders are getting me creative!

Shaders from vol 2 : wood and jacket (leather), + satin shaders for the girl and the guy pants.

practice makes perfect2.jpg
    400 x 600 - 215K