Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Butch said:

@L'Adair @agent unawares   have you seen all the nice renders over in the "it's raining men" contest thread? 

Uh... have you seen my signature lately...? LOL... Yes, I've been hanging out in that thread. Which explains why I thought there was something cheeky missing in the image above.
    laugh

And speaking of the contest thread, folks, there's still time to enter. Don't be shy. You can't win if you don't enter.

• vwrangler said:

Winter!

Custom MD Jacket :)

I don't suppose there's any way you could be persuaded to sell that here (or, you know, elsewhere) as a product? That is a very nice winter coat, and that's in very short supply around these parts.

Maybe.  I dunno yet.  I'll have to make some custom pants to go along with it.

M.D. is getting super easy to use now.  Made a combat uniform.

The Marine

• Butch said:

@L'Adair @agent unawares   have you seen all the nice renders over in the "it's raining men" contest thread? 

Sure do, I even had an entry at one point.

• vwrangler said:

Winter!

I don't suppose there's any way you could be persuaded to sell that here (or, you know, elsewhere) as a product? That is a very nice winter coat, and that's in very short supply around these parts.

The Marine

Might I ask what character and hair is that? He looks amazing! :O I tried clicking on your name to check your post history, but it keeps sending me to my account page. :( I'm so confused when it comes to navigating Daz3D's forums.

• ButchButch Posts: 798
    Butch said:

As someone once said to me:

"LMAO

I'm sorry."

devil

• vwrangler said:

Winter!

The Marine

Might I ask what character and hair is that? He looks amazing! :O I tried clicking on your name to check your post history, but it keeps sending me to my account page. :( I'm so confused when it comes to navigating Daz3D's forums.

He's a custom character / OC of my.  Hair is also done in Blender with Blender's particle system.

• Butch said:
    Butch said:

As someone once said to me:

"LMAO

I'm sorry."

devil

devil

• Finally finished the combat gloves :)  Made some adjustment to the belt and loops.  Added the zipper to the shirt.

Sniper

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990

Finally finished the combat gloves :)  Made some adjustment to the belt and loops.  Added the zipper to the shirt.

Sniper

Is this some sort of upcoming bundle along with those dress blues you were working on a few months ago?

• Finally finished the combat gloves :)  Made some adjustment to the belt and loops.  Added the zipper to the shirt.

Sniper

Is this some sort of upcoming bundle along with those dress blues you were working on a few months ago?

No sadly :(  I been practicing using Marvelous Designer and may have to redo my blue dress.  The blue dress were to subpar for me and I didn't know how to use Marvelous Designer at the time.

Finally finished the combat gloves :)  Made some adjustment to the belt and loops.  Added the zipper to the shirt.

Sniper

No sadly :(  I been practicing using Marvelous Designer and may have to redo my blue dress.  The blue dress were to subpar for me and I didn't know how to use Marvelous Designer at the time.

Ah, OK.

• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 263
    edited December 2017

Playing with Boss lights. Eye candy morphs for M7 smiley

d010a.jpg
    600 x 750 - 407K
    Post edited by nohiznguyen on

Boss Lights are my favorite. They make even the Red Plastic Mannequin that comes with it look good.

• I've been very bad about keeping up with this thread. Actually, most threads. Sigh. However, I have found a little bit of time to render a few things. I know L'Adair has seen this one already, but I thought I'd post it here.

L'Adair said:
    Butch said:

Uh... have you seen my signature lately...? LOL... Yes, I've been hanging out in that thread. Which explains why I thought there was something cheeky missing in the image above.
    laugh

And speaking of the contest thread, folks, there's still time to enter. Don't be shy. You can't win if you don't enter.

Yep, lots of cool stuff being entered in this year's contest. I've been really impressed. And, as L'Adair says, still time to enter if you haven't done so already.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582

Sniper

He looks great. You inspired me to download marvelous designer and try my hand at it. 

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 711
    edited December 2017

Sniper

He looks great. You inspired me to download marvelous designer and try my hand at it. 

Go for it!! :) But don't get daunted by MD.  It can be a little confusing and frustrating at first, but once you master it you can create whatever clothing you want :)

Edit:  Some more inspiration.  Here's the final version of it in MD.  

MD.JPG
    1033 x 867 - 64K
    Post edited by mal3Imagery on

Here's a little something I whipped up this morning.  If you'd like to assist with applying suncream, please line up behind the shelter shed. 

That looks great! It is a bit daunting, but perhaps I will persevere. I at the very least want some sexy men's underwear out of my efforts. I saw Javier had some free ones... On His DeviantArt account page.

• I was originally going to avoid cross posting with the It's Raining Men contest thread until the contest was over, but looks like it's ok. Have been reading and enjoying the thread but not contributing, so though I'd post something.

One of the nice things about using heavily stylized shaders like this (pwToon) is that I can use M4 and his various clothes with G3M and his clothes, and it won't look like there is a huge difference between them from the geometry and maps.

Late Night at the Office

Late Night at the Office

Better line quality and detail in the full sized image.

edited December 2017

Here’s one for the thread

1CD5E0AE-660D-4E7B-B9A8-1DD955CEAE6E.jpeg
    2250 x 1800 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Here’s one for the thread

This is incredible. Do you have a DA account? I want to favorite this lol

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Why a DA account.   If pepople use the Daz Gallery they can get favourited and the images that get the most thumbs up are those from which Daz tends to pick when changing images on the rolling banner and front pages, so you can get extra publicity

Chohole said:

Why a DA account.   If pepople use the Daz Gallery they can get favourited and the images that get the most thumbs up are those from which Daz tends to pick when changing images on the rolling banner and front pages, so you can get extra publicity

I knew we could "like", but can we favourite?  Problem with the scrolling banner is it's full of nice pictures. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,852
    edited December 2017
    Chohole said:

There are some not-insubstantial differences in how the two systems work.

As far as DA favoriting vs the Gallery's likes go, on DA, you can make a collection of favorites that you can go back to look at again.

As far as the extra publicity goes ... not all that many images seem to get enough likes to get up into the banner, whatever that threshold is. (At the moment, it looks like an item needs at least 27 likes to be in the banner.) At least with DA, you can tell how many people have looked at an image, whether or not it gets favorited. As far as the Daz gallery goes, if it's not "liked" by someone, there's no sign that anyone ever looked at it. Given a much broader audience, a given work is far more likely to be more widely seen -- or seen at all -- on DA than on the Daz gallery.

Post edited by vwrangler on

How many people actually scroll through the banner?  To my mind, 25 or more likes is fair enough, but show the images in random order. 

• I was originally going to avoid cross posting with the It's Raining Men contest thread until the contest was over, but looks like it's ok. Have been reading and enjoying the thread but not contributing, so though I'd post something.

Yep, it's fine to cross post once you've entered the contest. Great image! :)

Thanks for the nice comment. I do have a deviantart account under the name serenenight1 I found I didn’t get much notice there so I removed what I posted but I’ve put this image up there so you can enjoy it. It’s the only one. I also have a thread in art studio.

I agree I would like more tools to use the daz gallery. 

I would like to follow certain artists for example and be notified when they post something.

• Yes the DAZ gallery has problems. There's no gating for nudity, no way to follow artists or interact with them on a personal page, very limited ability to customize the presentation of your gallery, arcane content type restrictions that I can't for the life of me understand, plus technical restrictions like the inability to host zip files, and walled garden restrictions that disallow linking to off-site products. So I don't use it.
  • Thanks for the nice comment. I do have a deviantart account under the name serenenight1 I found I didn’t get much notice there so I removed what I posted but I’ve put this image up there so you can enjoy it.

Thank you! I think your pics would have a lot of fans. :)

The issue I find is that it is tough to get into the gallery rotation banner. Once an image is featured it is bound to gather even more likes, thus, staying there until it drops off and making it harder for those on the cusp to get into it.

I don't mind, but many great images don't get much exposure because the ones that are there are getting so much by virtue of location.

I'd also really like to see more themes and categories. Yes, you can tag images, but a lot of images featured in the gallery for a while... Were portraits. And although wonderful, I like to look at images with more going on than just a close-up shot of the face. Being able to look for different themes would be helpful in making it more usable.

This discussion has been closed.