Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990

The issue I find is that it is tough to get into the gallery rotation banner. Once an image is featured it is bound to gather even more likes, thus, staying there until it drops off and making it harder for those on the cusp to get into it.

I don't mind, but many great images don't get much exposure because the ones that are there are getting so much by virtue of location.

I'd also really like to see more themes and categories. Yes, you can tag images, but a lot of images featured in the gallery for a while... Were portraits. And although wonderful, I like to look at images with more going on than just a close-up shot of the face. Being able to look for different themes would be helpful in making it more usable.

I got on that banner by surprise & since then I've noticed that images will drop off after X amount of time, regardless of how many likes they have or contine to get or not. Also once a image is on the banner it doesn't mean it always gets more likes by virtue of simply being on the banner. I never paid much attention to how it works before but that's what I've seen. Those with tutorial blogs and such get understandably more likes and appear on the banner often. The number of likes to get on the banner I've seen as low as I think it was 20 and as high as 25 or 26 so you've just missed with a lot of your renders. If time X passes before an image gets on the banner than exceeding the number of likes needed to get on the banner won't get that image on the banner. It seems the number of images in the banner never exceeds Y images so conceivably the number of likes to get on could drop below 20 or go above 30 or higher depending on DAZ 3D customers growth. There may be other rules too and I'm not sure my observations about how the banner works is all correct either.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582
    edited December 2017

It is 30 days and images drop off both ways I’ve seen. There is no doubt being in the banner gives an artist more exposure. Most images in the regular gallery become buried after a few days

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • ButchButch Posts: 798

The one and only pic of mine lasted about 2 days, it had 26 likes.  As i said earlier, if they randomised the order of the images, I'd be more inclined to scroll through them.   In all honesty, I've always found the top 10 to be really bland. 

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 2017

Finally got around to play with a non-promo render.... 

Dalton01.jpg
    1000 x 1194 - 258K
    Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990
    edited December 2017

It is 30 days and images drop off both ways I’ve seen. There is no doubt being in the banner gives an artist more exposure. Most images in the regular gallery become buried after a few days

It does seem once an image gets the most likes it isn't long before it drops off. I would definately like a follow artist feature but I installed ATI's DAZ Sale Plugin which I regret not installing sooner. I haven't signed up yet but it lets you sign up for artist(s) in the gallery to follow and when you look at products it shows images made using that product (where they have labeled them in their personal galleries, not ad copy)

I counted and there are 40 images on the scrolling banner.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

I haven’t tried the plugin but will. Sounds interesting

• Hello mal3Imagery!

Nice work! Very intinteresting outfit you have made. I'm just a big fan of DAZ Studio and MD6. I'm still at the beginning of my 3D journey and I've got one small problem (maybe to funny and simple for most artists) with an export option in Marvelous Designer 6. When I want to export all files, patterns, textures and want to use them finally in DAZ Studio 4.9 I get only white version of my clothe (it should be a green shirt with black buttons). A software dosen't create any colour textures for my fabrics. What's wrong with my version of MD? As you can see on the pictures below there is some kind of problem so I'm stuck and don't know how to solve this thing...

Michael 6 Import form MD6 part 02.jpg
    1896 x 1004 - 239K

Lord adam, you need to edit the image of michael to have undewear on or crop the image so that the pubic area isn't showing (even without gens, it's a TOS violation)

• olymposolympos Posts: 27
    edited December 2017

Hi all.  I've been so busy with work lately that I haven't had time to putter around in DS. Now that the holidays are here, I've found a few hours to play with a couple of characters I've been tinkering with.  Yay vacation!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Thought I'd finally contribute something to this wonderful thread. These are my entries to the 3rd Annual It's Raining Men Contest (always end up singing with I say this outloud). Let's just say, I really had lots of fun re-purposing clothing to fit these fine specimens!

edited December 2017

yeah, when I saw the candy cane set... I just had to see how it would look on the menfolk. I love it. The only thing that bugs me.... Is Candy Canes in my area the stripes are more horizontal. Anyway... Enjoy...

wetcandy.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • Another entry from the It's Raining Men contest.

Bar at Night

Featuring G8M, G3M, and... an old friend. I hadn't been too hapy with his skin in iray in brighter settings, but in more natural lighting I think it's ok. Still going to tinker with that though, I like being able to bring more of Michael's friends up-to-date.

Great bar scene and convincing lighting 

• Thanks. I like the candy cane render, though I agree about the stripes. The stripes aren't what I was looking at first though. smiley

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462
    edited December 2017

Here’s one for the thread

Excellent.  What are those shoes? Sorry I am blanking on the character names... I know one is Boyd.

Post edited by evilded777 on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462

Adore this morph.

Adore this morph.

Thanks! Took a bit on this shape and the JCMs.. notice the chest morph with the arms (1 jcm for 45% and 1 for 100%) up and forward is different from the base morph.

Here’s one for the thread

Excellent.  What are those shoes? Sorry I am blanking on the character names... I know one is Boyd.

I think you are referring to Owen's shoes. they are from the WWII uniform set. Nice amount of detail. The set boyd is wearing is from rendo and is included with the Diesel Punk Pilot uniform.  Here is the link to the WWII uniform. I find pieces of this set useful for kitbashing modern clothing. Tremendous amount of detail in the shoes. https://www.daz3d.com/world-war-ii-u-s-uniform-hd-for-genesis-8-male-s

• Here’s one for the thread

So cute and much fun :D Love the overall picture.  Can feel the wintery afternoon.

• yeah, when I saw the candy cane set... I just had to see how it would look on the menfolk. I love it. The only thing that bugs me.... Is Candy Canes in my area the stripes are more horizontal. Anyway... Enjoy...

kiss

• lord Adam said:

Hello mal3Imagery!

Nice work! Very intinteresting outfit you have made. I'm just a big fan of DAZ Studio and MD6. I'm still at the beginning of my 3D journey and I've got one small problem (maybe to funny and simple for most artists) with an export option in Marvelous Designer 6. When I want to export all files, patterns, textures and want to use them finally in DAZ Studio 4.9 I get only white version of my clothe (it should be a green shirt with black buttons). A software dosen't create any colour textures for my fabrics. What's wrong with my version of MD? As you can see on the pictures below there is some kind of problem so I'm stuck and don't know how to solve this thing...

You'll need to re-assign the texture in Daz.

• Finally got around to play with a non-promo render.... 

Very nice kiss  He's very cute :)

• AchilliasAchillias Posts: 89
    edited December 2017

Happy Holidays!

I wish you all happy holidays and a happy new year and thank you all for your support and kind comments!

Happy Holidays!

Post edited by Chohole on

He looks great, I admit when I saw the new release today I wondered why there was never any male Christmas skinwear. This is a great and amusing compromise 

• He looks great, I admit when I saw the new release today I wondered why there was never any male Christmas skinwear. This is a great and amusing compromise 

Thanks, Serene Night!

Who needs skimpwear, when you've got a pompom?  laugh

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

My second entry in the It's Raining Men contest.

The men are the three brothers from DarwinsMishap(s), from left to right, Salvatore, Giovanni, and Giuseppe.

Priorities

Priorities, by L'Adair

Just under a week to enter, don't miss out on the fun. laugh

• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 263
    edited December 2017

laugh

d012a.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 413K
    Post edited by nohiznguyen on

After their swim, the boys went for a stroll.  Every now and then, you can't beat a cyclorama for a background.

edited December 2017

Happy new year!

happynewyear2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.