Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582

No I swore off betas since the last one wreaked havoc with my custom categories...... I will play with it though if my willpower fails

• ButchButch Posts: 798

No I swore off betas since the last one wreaked havoc with my custom categories...... I will play with it though if my willpower fails

I've tried it and it works ok.  But, you'll be able to add dforce to, virtually, anything you want, to make it dynamic - no need for PA's to update their old items.  Keep your willpower in check, it's probably worth waiting for the general release - my curiosity's satisfied and I'm uninstalling the beta again. 

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited October 2017

Not technically Michael, but "a friend": Genesis 8 Male as Superman.

Superman3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 493K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
    edited October 2017

I wanted to do some free poses with men's ties. I kind of like formal wear. But I had trouble finding a dynamic looking tie that you can actual pose well. I found this one, but there is no neck piece...... Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Also a nice men's shirt that buttons or unbuttons would be nice. I only use gen8 male so it has to fit him, or be usable as a parented prop if you know what I mean. =-)

tie.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Okay, everyone, it's official.  We will be having the 3rd Annual It's Raining Men contest starting November 1.  I just posted a thread in the Commons seeking donations.  So, get your men ready.  wink  And, if anyone wishes to donate to the prize pool send me a PM.

edited October 2017

Here's one for the thread.

SexyCop.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 3M
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

New summer uniform? surpriseyes

The streets are hot out there apparently ...

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Yep. Very hot. wink

edited October 2017

Surfs up!

surfer_full.jpg
    1278 x 1461 - 2M

You name it, he's wearing it! 

Here's one for the thread.

Definitely don't look like this around here!!

Butch said:

You name it, he's wearing it! 

He looks great! I can easily see this as a book cover.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited October 2017

I'm on a render dump...  I was feeling kinda dissatisfied my renders, but it was probably just a mood? So I have a bunch I just didn't post Like this one of M8 back when he first came out

Its not exciting, I'm not entirely satisfied with the eyes, but was that really worth it languishing on my harddrive?

Post edited by j cade on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    j cade said:

I'm on a render dump...  I was feeling kinda dissatisfied my renders, but it was probably just a mood? So I have a bunch I just didn't post Like this one of M8 back when he first came out

Its not exciting, I'm not entirely satisfied with the eyes, but was that really worth it languishing on my harddrive?

No.

He's really well done. I love the expression, too. Sort of an anguished sneer. (I just gave it a thumbs up in gallery.)

Keep dumping. I love your work.

Himbo

• Cleaned Up

Gave my grey oc an overhaul change.  No more hair cards / mesh.  Particle hair and beard now.  Some facial structure changes.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Love that!  I like how you call the older hair "Hair cards"  in truth that's really what they are! 

He looks quite dapper and real to me. His gray eyes I have not noticed before look quite impressive too

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Cleaned Up

Gave my grey oc an overhaul change.  No more hair cards / mesh.  Particle hair and beard now.  Some facial structure changes.

That was a photo, right?  If not, holy cow, amazing!!!!!!!!!!! surprise

And can we take a moment to savor all the gorgeous men in this thread?  I mean c'mon, wow.  So much beefcake. 

• Thanks guy :)  Here's another.

The Business Man

He looks great.the beard hair in particular looks stunning and that one errant hairclump in his beard looks great. =) Nicely done

Peter's clock had a flat battery laugh

@mal3Imagery - love the lighting in both

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Butch said:

Peter's clock had a flat battery laugh

It took me a minute. My first thought was, "Why's the clock on the floor?" (The title of the render made me look at the clock first.) Then I realized the clock was on the wall, and so was Peter. Fun image. And yeah, that clock is really close to the wall. I wonder how many hearing aid batteries it uses, and how often they need to be replaced…!
    laugh

• I think it's framed high enough devil

Evening Thoughts

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,962

Oh thanks now I need a cold shower .........wow!!

edited October 2017

I tested the new spooky & Dramatic Lights Iray HDRI's here.

UpCloseAndPersonal.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 994K
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited October 2017

So... I've been expirimenting in Cycles again... on the one hand rendering in Blender does really slow down my workflow. On the other hand... pretty much everything else. For one thing HAIR! I love blender's hair system so much. Also while the material setup is slower, the final render is much faster (for the front render i rendered at 2000x2600 and it tool 1 1/2 hours, for the 3/4 view I rendered at 1200x1560 and it took 45 minutes) and my computer doesn't overheat as much.

...hair

Post edited by j cade on

That looks amazing! Great work on that.

This discussion has been closed.