Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,108

Just wanted to add that I like your picture Sainsy. Night lighting and shadows.

• Butch said:

Oh, that is priceless!!  I don't know if it will squeak by the TOS police, but I like it.  Some of the renders like this that have been removed, I think were going a little overboard, but one never knows what they will do.  I think they also are stricter on some of the male renders than they are on the female renders.

Thanks all smiley  I was tossing up if I should post it, but yes, I'm half expecting it to be removed, although he's showing less skin than a lot of female renders. 

It never hurts to go ahead and post as long as you think the render is within the TOS.  The worst they can do is take it down.  I, personally, don't see anything wrong with it, but I'm, also, not the one enforcing the rules.  As far as I can tell, it looks perfectly within the guidelines, but other images I thought were fine were pulled so one never knows.

I'm currently working on a render of the male persuasion for the New User Contest so I doubt that I'll be posting here until that one is finished.  I don't usually post those in my gallery until after the contest is over.  He is giving a few fits, but I think he'll turn out spectacular if I can get a handle on 3Delight which I don't usually use.  I have much better results in Iray, but I promised myself that my next contest entry would be in 3Delight as that is one of the purposes of the contest (to help you learn new skills).  Anyway, if anyone wants to check him out he's still in the WIP thread as I'm still working on him.  My other render (PushUp guy posted earlier) is stalled while I try to figure out how to make him a little sweaty.  I'll get back to him as soon as I finish my contest render.  In the meantime, you guys need to post more pictures.  I love reading this thread and seeing what you guys are doing!

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

Great images! Keep them coming!

Butch : excellent image! Love it! Hope it doesn't get removed.

Sainsy : amazing skin!

barbult : I really do appreciate your "We're not all skinny male models" superb image!

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462

Gianni 6 HD, Manly for Gianni, Aaron for M4, Retro Future and Moduluar Sci-Fi 01

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Gianni 6 HD, Manly for Gianni, Aaron for M4, Retro Future and Moduluar Sci-Fi 01

He looks a little like Jean-Luc Picard... the eyes, the nose... and of course, the bald pate.
    laugh

Beautiful render.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Oh my, very reminiscent of Captain Picard. All we need now is a Q to go with. wink Like that bodysuit, can you tell me if it unzips? 

No, Byrdie, it does not.  Its kind of lacking in morphs.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2016

No, Byrdie, it does not.  Its kind of lacking in morphs.

Ah well ... money saved. I was hoping it could unzip a nice bit more than the old M4 bodysuit does. Need something that opens like this: http://www.daz3d.com/eclipse-textures only for the guys (Genesis 2 if not M4) that I can also use in Poser. Probably searching in vain, but I keep trying.

Post edited by Byrdie on

This image was inspired by a thread about the Dragon Queen. Some talk was centered around the "crotch clamp" and how uncomfortable it would be to wear. After all, why should Vicki have all the fun?

As stated on my gallery page, Michael had a "digital" waxing, so there is no chance of violating TOS with a stray pubic hair or two.
    wink

I Love My Job, by L'Adair

The original image was 2000px square, but the gallery resized it to 1823px square. (I find that so annoying.) Anyway, if you want to check out the larger image, click on Mikey above to go to the gallery page. (Opens in a new window.)

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,108
    edited January 2016

I like this, LAdair.

What hair is that?

Post edited by Kev914 on
  • lucidghostlucidghost Posts: 73
    edited January 2016

Here's my contribution to the thread. Character is Darius with some custom facial morphs thrown in and wearing the Coalition Rapier Armor. Added some Abrams-style lens flares in post.

Post edited by Chohole on

That is stunning @lucidghost, what render engine? All the materials are gorgeous and hyper real.

• Oooh, I saw and liked that in the gallery!  Really nice render!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    L'Adair said:

This image was inspired by a thread about the Dragon Queen. Some talk was centered around the "crotch clamp" and how uncomfortable it would be to wear. After all, why should Vicki have all the fun?

As stated on my gallery page, Michael had a "digital" waxing, so there is no chance of violating TOS with a stray pubic hair or two.
    wink

I Love My Job, by L'Adair

The original image was 2000px square, but the gallery resized it to 1823px square. (I find that so annoying.) Anyway, if you want to check out the larger image, click on Mikey above to go to the gallery page. (Opens in a new window.)

Love the long black fingernails!   Nice touch!  devil

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

Wow, that's fantastic, @lucidghost. I want to see more of your stuff!

• @evilded Thank you! It's an Iray render. Most of the textures were straight conversions with the generic Iray shader, so I was quite pleased with the result.

@Knittingmommy - thanks!

@barbult - thank you much!! I don't post often, but I lurk the forums and I really your renders :) 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited January 2016

Funnily enough I was curious to see what the Javier Micheal iRay skin shaders would do for M4.  Works QUITE well actually. 

This is an old file I named "Muscle Dood" using M4 Enhanced..... fully converted to iRay as well as the shorts being Sub'D'd and a Smoothing Mod added to get them fitted better.  Stock pose with some tweaks. 

M4Enhanced Muscle Dood iRay.jpg
    997 x 1068 - 328K
    KevinH said:

I like this, LAdair.

What hair is that?

I used Sienna Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s) and I applied a leather shader from Leather and Fur Iray Shaders to the ribbons in the braids.

RAMWolff said:

Love the long black fingernails!   Nice touch!  devil

They were supposed to be red. sad I even created my own textures using a section from the boots, with a gold stripe down the center. But nothing I tried, include red metallic car paint gave me red fingernails. I could get various shades of pink, but no red. So I settled for black.

Thank you, both. I'm glad you liked it.

Here's my contribution to the thread. Character is Darius with some custom facial morphs thrown in and wearing the Coalition Rapier Armor. Added some Abrams-style lens flares in post.

I had to go hunt this down to give it a like in the gallery. Wonderful image. The lens flares are great. This looks like a still/poster for the next Star Trek movie. Two thumbs up!
    yes yes

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

L'Adair, how did you post your image and make it link to your gallery when a user clicks on it? That looks like a useful technique. I'd like to try it.

barbult said:

L'Adair, how did you post your image and make it link to your gallery when a user clicks on it? That looks like a useful technique. I'd like to try it.

There are two tabs in the popup when you click on the image icon in the editor. The default is where you enter your image url and such, the one on the right is for a link. Click on that tab and there is a place for a url, and a drop-down options list that lets you set it to, among other things, open in a new window. I put the gallery link there.

• ButchButch Posts: 798

Great image @lucidghost .

• ButchButch Posts: 798

Here's a little something I whipped up, this morning.  Was a quick render, hence a few grainy patches.  Octane Render with HDRI only.

• L'Adair said:

I had to go hunt this down to give it a like in the gallery. Wonderful image. The lens flares are great. This looks like a still/poster for the next Star Trek movie. Two thumbs up!
    yes yes

Wow, that's high praise @L'Adair thank you so much!

Butch said:

Great image @lucidghost .

Thank you @Butch! Your images seriously look like photographs. Great work!!

• L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

There are two tabs in the popup when you click on the image icon in the editor. The default is where you enter your image url and such, the one on the right is for a link. Click on that tab and there is a place for a url, and a drop-down options list that lets you set it to, among other things, open in a new window. I put the gallery link there.

You know, I always wondered what the spot was for.  When I first started posting images when the forums changed, I was just putting them there automatically because it seemed like the thing to do.  I had no idea if I was doing it correctly.  I just stuck the url in both slots and crossed my fingers I didn't break anything.

• Butch said:

Here's a little something I whipped up, this morning.  Was a quick render, hence a few grainy patches.  Octane Render with HDRI only.

My grandfather used to go around everywhere doing things like this in his boxers.  This guy looks a whole lot better than my grandfather ever did.  Still a nice render even if it was quick!

• lucidghostlucidghost Posts: 73
    edited January 2016

Quick render I did with a custom G2M character using skin textures from Nigel for M5

Light is from an HDRI from hdrlabs.com

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,861

here is another one dialed in from g2m made a while back. The grayscale was a first for me but I thinks it works here.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/4f/90e1edae44d4f55241432996865f9d.jpg

• That's a really nice render, @evilded777. Is that Gianni 7?

This discussion has been closed.