Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• Sweaty and Angry Dan.

My Galleries

• Sebastian. And disembodied Adrienne arms.

My Galleries

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited January 2016

I always liked Oliver, but I've never seen him look quite like this! On my monitor, the skin looks very tanned, and a bit on the orange-side, but still realistic. It also has that gleam about it you'd expect from someone who'd been working out shortly before the "photo" was taken. The lighting really shows off the definition of the muscles and veins. I'm guessing you used both the Muscularity Morphs for G2M and Vascularity HD for the Genesis 2 figures. I don't recognize the clothing, though...

Still a work in progress. Figured it's time I started figuring out / learning more about skin settings, SSS, mixing maps, etc. Will post the finished image once it's done.

My Galleries

ETA: The two you posted while I was composing this comment look really good, too. Stratgically cropped. lol Aside from the skin tone, what I said about Oliver also applies to Sweaty and Angry Dan and Sebastian.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • PS. Most of these were done before I owned any relatively decent clothing items.

Dan.jpg
    2052 x 2463 - 603K
    Sebastian abs.jpg
    2358 x 2830 - 806K
    Timothy.png
    1345 x 1345 - 2M
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    scorpio said:

A Dark Elf uses Raw's Dokk Alfar and some dial spinning

I really love this one.  I love how you have the translucency set up nicely on the ears.  Add's a bit of realism but the whole thing reminds me of a painting! 

• L'Adair said:

I always liked Oliver, but I've never seen him look quite like this! On my monitor, the skin looks very tanned, and a bit on the orange-side, but still realistic. It also has that gleam about it you'd expect from someone who'd been working out shortly before the "photo" was taken. The lighting really shows off the definition of the muscles and veins. I'm guessing you used both the Muscularity Morphs for G2M and Vascularity HD for the Genesis 2 figures. I don't recognize the clothing, though...

I like Oliver too. I always like my males to have a bit of a tan, like they work outside a lot, with their shirts off, getting all sweaty and hot and...

Sorry, got distracted a bit. Anyway, it's Oliver's skin, with Scott 6 normal maps and human essentials for Iray shaders applied, with JM human iray shaders for SSS. Also wet and tanned. Shorts are Simply Casual boxers and shirts for G2M. Shirt is dynamic stringer from Dynamic Gymrat for M4. Used Vascularity HD for G2M/F (I think). Musculature was just from dialling up Body tone, Bodybuilder details (not size or bodybuilder) and Fitness (everything) and then switched on SWM Flexions. Irisses I Photoshopped a bit and added a blueish base colour. And that's about it. 

• The two you posted while I was composing this comment look really good, too. Stratgically cropped. lol Aside from the skin tone, what I said about Oliver also applies to Sweaty and Angry Dan and Sebastian.

You have NO idea how many times some of these images got removed because of showing too much "groinal area". You can stick a pasty on a females crotch, but doing it on a guy shows too much "groinal area".

• Scott. Still waiting to get the HD Add On for him.

My Galleries

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

WOW!

• My first (and probably last) female render. At least she's outnumbered 2 - 1, LOL!

My Galleries

You have NO idea how many times some of these images got removed because of showing too much "groinal area". You can stick a pasty on a females crotch, but doing it on a guy shows too much "groinal area".

Well, technically, sticking a pasty on a female crotch is against the TOS, too. But there are a lot of female "clothing" items that are certainly the equivalent! Oliver comes with a thong. I'm not a fan of the thing myself, but it is an option.

I'd like to mention, also, that your Timothy looks fine. He's another model I'm glad I have. Beautiful in a "real" man kind of way. Not pretty and prissy. We need more like that. I've put almost everything G3M on my wishlist, but Leo (starter bundle) was an instant buy, thanks to the great price during the Holiday Sale. Like Timothy, Leo looks like someone you might actually meet in real life. And the starter bundle came with clothes I can actually use!

• My first entry in the It's Raining Men Challenge.

Which was inspired by this video - Take me to Church

• ButchButch Posts: 798

Hot, humid and no breeze... if only I had a pool.  Now, lets see:

Leo7

The M7 "do-rag" thingy and someones goggles, both with various plastic shaders.  One of Jolabs pouring waters and a plane, both with water shaders.  Dreamlight HDRI and a single mesh softbox for fill.  Shaders and render engine are all Octane.  No post work, apart from signature.  I think that covers it.

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,108
    edited January 2016

I like your picture, Butch. How did you get the water coming out of his mouth? That was Jalobs pouring water some how?

Well, here's my effort. Michael 6 obvioulsy, with the Jake hair, DZheng pants for M4, M6 Intimates, and real hairy.

Mike 6 Green Pants.png
    723 x 936 - 515K
    Post edited by Kev914 on
  • mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 711
    edited January 2016

A new render.  Why hello Mr. Dapper

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 

Post edited by mal3Imagery on
  • Very nice, Butch!! I love the water coming out of his mouth and the reflections on the water plane.

• ButchButch Posts: 798
    KevinH said:

I like your picture, Butch. How did you get the water coming out of his mouth? That was Jalobs pouring water some how?

Thanks, Kevin.  Yep, it's JoLabs "Pouring on Floor", from memory.  I shrank it down to approx 1% of it's original size, positioned it as you can see and added the water shader. 

Thanks, too, Knittingmommy.  Blame it on the water shader smiley   

• Nice forum thread, L'Adair, it's a great idea to keep the male part of 3D supported.

Here are some of mine from my DAZ Gallery:

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Nice forum thread, L'Adair, it's a great idea to keep the male part of 3D supported.

Here are some of mine from my DAZ Gallery:

Beautiful works! Are they inspired by some fandoms or purely your own imagination?
  • I don't really do fandoms, so any similarity is accidental. wink

No, those are my own imagination, sparkled by either my own idea's or those pretty content promo renders. I never know what to call spontanious inspiration caused by "if I add this stuff here it will look cool".

And thank you for the compliment.smiley

Nice forum thread, L'Adair, it's a great idea to keep the male part of 3D supported.

Thanks. This thread is much like your renders, (wonderful imagery, by the way,) as it was inspired by threads that came before. And as I am one of those who really wants to see more quality clothing and hair for the males, it's a bit selfish, as well. (Or a lot selfish, if truth be told...)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    edited January 2016

Trying the Just Josh outfit that I just got.

Lighting and background HDRI image is from http://noemotionhdrs.net/index.html. It is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 license.

G3M mix Aiden Skin barefoot in the park Just Josh clothes shoes watch.duf.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 366

Excellent render. I've had Timothy on my wishlist for a while, you've convinced me to move him into the must have category.

Some of my older renders. Timothy.

My Galleries

• Some of my older renders. Timothy.

@gerterasmus  Is that the skin that comes with Timothy?  I've had him in my wishlist for awhile, but his skin, in the promos, make nervous as there are a couple of areas I'm not fond of the way it looks.  However, your render of him looks really good.  Much better than any of the promos of him.  So, is this his original skin, but just modified for Iray?

• @Knittingmommy Yep. Original skin, converted to iray with the conversion thingy in the G2 starter pack thingy. Think I mae the base colour just a tad darker... don't like pasty white men. The gotta have a bit of a tan.

• Sweaty and Angry Dan.

My Galleries

Great work! What products were used?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,852

@Knittingmommy Yep. Original skin, converted to iray with the conversion thingy in the G2 starter pack thingy. Think I mae the base colour just a tad darker... don't like pasty white men. The gotta have a bit of a tan.

For what it's worth, Timothy HD actually comes with his own Iray materials presets.

• gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    edited January 2016

Great work! What products were used?

Thanks. All Dan, Real Short Hair, Steel Frame Specs, some dial-up morphs and can't remember which veins I used. Then just played around with top coat settings.

Post edited by gerterasmus on
  • Some of my older renders. Timothy.

@gerterasmus  Is that the skin that comes with Timothy?  I've had him in my wishlist for awhile, but his skin, in the promos, make nervous as there are a couple of areas I'm not fond of the way it looks.  However, your render of him looks really good.  Much better than any of the promos of him.  So, is this his original skin, but just modified for Iray?

Based on your render, I might have to bump him up to get next sale status.  Thanks

• vwrangler said:

@Knittingmommy Yep. Original skin, converted to iray with the conversion thingy in the G2 starter pack thingy. Think I mae the base colour just a tad darker... don't like pasty white men. The gotta have a bit of a tan.

For what it's worth, Timothy HD actually comes with his own Iray materials presets.

I read that part, but based on the promos for it, I just don't like the skin in Iray.  Usually, I love Raiya's men, but I just couldn't put this one in my cart.  However, gerterasmus' render looks really nice which made me curious how he got that look.  I've darkened the base color on a lot of things, but I don't think I've ever tried darkening the base color on the skin shaders.  I don't know why.  I'll have to try that out the next time I'm doing a render of a light skinned character. 

Right now I'm still working on my Darius WIP render I posted somewhere above up there in the thread.  I've changed him enough he doesn't look like Darius anymore.  I finally got the Wet Body Iray for the males and I can play with that.  I'd like to make him sweat while doing his push up.  Still working on the cityscape scene outside the window.

This discussion has been closed.