Michael 7 / G3M

Comments

• IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

Does anyone know which lights were used on the M7 promos? I've tried the few sets I've bought but none seem to match up.

• Ichiban said:

Does anyone know which lights were used on the M7 promos? I've tried the few sets I've bought but none seem to match up.

Probably a custom set made by the artist.

• IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

Gotcha. I'll try to replicate them best I can. Love that look.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    edited November 2015

I think it's great that he looks a bit more normal humanlike (still obviously actor/model level physique.) Seems like it'd give whatever base model is next a better chance at being properly unique from him (i.e. have a different base model to be the muscle face one, although if the issues are in G3M it doesn't really matter if it's a new model or if M7 is a different style.)

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,873

I am really curious how the male content is going to sell now that G3M is out. Hopefully well so that we may soon see another male model in the store! Just praying it is no teen with dolly face or Cory style goblin : )

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    cosmo71 said:
    Decoyboy said:

G3M is not an item to buy.  It is a free item that is automatically put in your product library.  So check DIM and search for Gen 3 Male essentials  or in your product library.

ah okay, thank you smiley

You won't find it as 'Genesis 3 Male'; look for 'Genesis 3 Starter Essentials'.
    The package contains installers for both male and female G3 figures.  (The G3F package has been updated, but I've seen on these forums that some people have been having issues with the update -- I, for one, will not be installing it just yet.)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582
    lx said:

I think it's great that he looks a bit more normal humanlike (still obviously actor/model level physique.) Seems like it'd give whatever base model is next a better chance at being properly unique from him (i.e. have a different base model to be the muscle face one, although if the issues are in G3M it doesn't really matter if it's a new model or if M7 is a different style.)

Agreed IX. I like this too. Michael 7 is very customizable which I think is awesome.

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited November 2015
    cosmo71 said:
    Decoyboy said:

G3M is not an item to buy.  It is a free item that is automatically put in your product library.  So check DIM and search for Gen 3 Male essentials  or in your product library.

The package contains installers for both male and female G3 figures.  (The G3F package has been updated, but I've seen on these forums that some people have been having issues with the update -- I, for one, will not be installing it just yet.)

Mine (G3F and G3M) are still separate in the Download Window.  The combined update must be for DIM?

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • JackFosterJackFoster Posts: 143
    edited November 2015

Yeah, I mostly fixed my issues now, and I like him.

I'm just waiting on some flexion and vascularity morphs now. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long before we see some.

Oh, and GenX3 would be great too.

Post edited by JackFoster on
  • ButchButch Posts: 798

Overall, I think he's rather good, but... who decided to reverse the head/neck and eyes "side to side" dials? 

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,060
    edited November 2015

I'm just waiting on some flexion and vascularity morphs now. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long before we see some.

I am trying to get G3F & M up to scratch with the essentials first. Vascularity HD is on the list from my side.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,193

Thanks Sorel and Rogerbee.
    Have to try this autofollow on the shirt and see if it helps with the mangled collar.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582
    edited November 2015

Male pecs tend to vary. I don't really see this as looking outside the human range of pectoral shape. This seems like a place to start to dial what interests you.

a quick Google search shows pecs that look like these and many others along a wide spectrum of chest shapes.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,883

Male pecs tend to vary. I don't really see this as looking outside the human range of pectoral shape. This seems like a place to start to dial what interests you.

Exactly.  I find its more fun to dial spin a new character from the ones I have installed then to rely on one in particular.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    edited November 2015

Look at the way the armpit joins; it's fundamentally different. The example one bridges across at the armpit, whereas G3M folds in and up. Whether that's something gen3s can adjust to with the way they're built - who knows.

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

M7 is ok so far but I think his package is too big or something.  What I mean is that there seems to not be easy fit of previous Genesis male clothing. Something odd happens in the crotch area. Does anyone know if there is a thread on this? BTW Toyen what a beautiul pix of Mr and Mrs 7

I started one here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66172/

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    Jan19 said:
    cosmo71 said:
    Decoyboy said:

Mine (G3F and G3M) are still separate in the Download Window.  The combined update must be for DIM?

No, you've misunderstood what we're saying.

G3M and G3F are separate downloads, but they are catalogued in the Product Library under Genesis 3 Essentials.

CHEERS!

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,409
    Mattymanx said:

Exactly.  I find its more fun to dial spin a new character from the ones I have installed then to rely on one in particular.

+1!

edited November 2015

Have played with available morphs on http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-aiden-hd-for-michael-7

and I think the underarms are looking better now.

Then I have put on him shirt from http://www.daz3d.com/summer-clothes-for-genesis-male

using http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-male-s

and materials from http://www.daz3d.com/fabric-basics-mix-and-match-for-iray

but the left collar is still mangled.

Have not found information about how to set up autofollow on the shirt, yet...

Aiden07pic01.jpg
    960 x 1024 - 222K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Zev0 said:

I am trying to get G3F & M up to scratch with the essentials first. Vascularity HD is on the list from my side.

You just made my day !!!!  I am sitting on my dollars for your products, They are superb!!!!!

• JennKJennK Posts: 834

I tried using him last night and created a fatal error in DAZ it was a simple load nothing taxing on the system. I am  going to run the update tonight and see if that helps. I don't get fatal errors often but when I do I shut the whole thing down and walk away safer for my computer that way lol.

I still don't care for M7 straight out of the box so will be happy to get the body and face morphs.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    Artini said:

Have played with available morphs on http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-aiden-hd-for-michael-7

and I think the underarms are looking better now.

Then I have put on him shirt from http://www.daz3d.com/summer-clothes-for-genesis-male

using http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-male-s

and materials from http://www.daz3d.com/fabric-basics-mix-and-match-for-iray

but the left collar is still mangled.

Have not found information about how to set up autofollow on the shirt, yet...

Looks good! For auto follow, select the clothing item, go into Parameters and Misc and it's under Fit to Mode.

CHEERS!

Thanks, Rogerbee, I will check it out.

• JennK said:

I tried using him last night and created a fatal error in DAZ it was a simple load nothing taxing on the system. I am  going to run the update tonight and see if that helps. I don't get fatal errors often but when I do I shut the whole thing down and walk away safer for my computer that way lol.

I still don't care for M7 straight out of the box so will be happy to get the body and face morphs.

Which version of DS?

• They are saying that the M7 does not support M4 / G1 / G2 UV maps?
    Anyone know anything about that?

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,851
    edited November 2015

They are saying that the M7 does not support M4 / G1 / G2 UV maps?

Great render!

Yes, Genesis 3 uses a new UV set, very different from past models.

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • nDelphi said:

Great render!

Yes, Genesis 3 uses a new UV set, very different from past models.

It isn't the UV set that is the issue, it's the way the model is divided up into surface regions.

• Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 366

Wow. Nice lighting and skin shaders. I don't suppose you could share your skin shaders with us? 

• Gr00vus said:

Wow. Nice lighting and skin shaders. I don't suppose you could share your skin shaders with us? 

I just used the default setting for Iray.
    And for the render I use HDRI and additional lights.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,883

Render looks good Sithlordsims