MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

I am going to redone the pinch pattern on the pillows, don't like it , gonna do the simulation in style as on the arms .. I like it better 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200

I see you are paying attention to creating things at the proper scale to be used by Daz characters. Thank you.

That should be the case other way poses don't works well later and things looks off , doing my best , thanks Barbult

barbult said:

I see you are paying attention to creating things at the proper scale to be used by Daz characters. Thank you.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    MEC4D said:

Here is my first ever sofa sit for the bedroom's orangery , take me good couple hours 

Looks great.  You should see my first attempt.  It was hilarious!  LOL 

The base was not as hard as I thought it my be, but the dynamics took a lot more time , I rework the bottom pillows but still not happy with the back pillows so doing it again today , I wish I could run tye dynamics all at once , but one by one get more difficult and not ready to be merged yet , but getting there slowly and learn on my way new tricks with Zmodeler . I wish I go into it early in time, so handy tools but on the other hand the best things was released with ZB 2021 and everything is much easier now , I just need to find my own ways that works for me . I am hooked up lol

RAMWolff said:
    MEC4D said:

Here is my first ever sofa sit for the bedroom's orangery , take me good couple hours 

Looks great.  You should see my first attempt.  It was hilarious!  LOL 

ZBrush ScreenGrab04.jpg
    1113 x 669 - 265K
    ZBrush ScreenGrab01.jpg
    1083 x 766 - 250K
    Screenshot 2020-09-21 023619.jpg
    978 x 855 - 109K

I've not really delved into the dynamics engine too much yet.  I have some old clothing I made for Dusk that I'm moving over to L'Homme so I'll probably dive in then.  Right now I'm busy making a fibermesh mustache for him with some morphs so making use of the Fiber engine.  Love that tool so much!  

Your a perfectionist but that makes your work so desirable honey.  All these good folks only want the best and you always deliver!  XOXO

I know you do, hair is your passion ! 

Thanks Richard , you always so kind , sometimes I wish I just let it go and go easy on things , but on the other hand it is a gift, frustrations is a part of it lol 

BTW I already redone also the top gallery of the bedroom with much cleaner version but more beautiful and bigger , now only the table, chairs , plants and moving the windows from the fireplace to the bed wall , as on the north side the windows are not much functional , I may do beautiful gallery wall with some frames on the fireplace wall

this way the sunset light will go inside for a beautiful atmosphere in the early evening .

RAMWolff said:

I've not really delved into the dynamics engine too much yet.  I have some old clothing I made for Dusk that I'm moving over to L'Homme so I'll probably dive in then.  Right now I'm busy making a fibermesh mustache for him with some morphs so making use of the Fiber engine.  Love that tool so much!  

Your a perfectionist but that makes your work so desirable honey.  All these good folks only want the best and you always deliver!  XOXO

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Your work is amazing, everything looks fantastic!  Really like hearing how you create your projects and the ups and downs of it and your solutions to  different problems when you are working on a piece

Thank you, it helps me a lot in the process and someone always come with good idea or tip on the way ,  myself tI love to see the process of other people's creations , it inspire me , sometimes I love the troubles in the process, it push me to do better , and there is always much easier solution that I thought about . Like with the sofa, I do the base in 10 min but then the pillows took me hours to put it right , today the full chairs took 10 min exactly as I already know the way . I never had love for the hard edge modeling and adored others for doing it  , but now I am addicted to it and we going to have something cool to play with soon and not just architecture but also the proper response to light and fast rendering as that is the key, and I am sure you bought some sets as I did where the light issue just don't want you to go back and play with it as the rendering take forever , that why my solution here was to expand my skills and do the way I like it , and if you going to like it as well then I succeeded and that is my reward and inspiration to do more in this direction hopefully ...

Kharma said:

Your work is amazing, everything looks fantastic!  Really like hearing how you create your projects and the ups and downs of it and your solutions to  different problems when you are working on a piece

coffee table and chairs done , time for my 5pm coffee break and moving to next area after dinner ( more props for decor and plants ) then I have to make the doors and replace the windows , I feel like an carpenter in the Matrix lol. I think tomorrow evening  I can move into D|S surfaces grouping and finally  texturing ( the easy part with the  biggest reward ) unless something else come to my mind underway cheeky

Screenshot 2020-09-21 145708.jpg
    975 x 721 - 78K
    Screenshot 2020-09-21 170027.jpg
    909 x 627 - 51K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092

House for sale.  Fully furnished and ready to move in!   laugh

Dana

It would definitely help with the low budget lol , you better don't like it too much j/k cheeky

DanaTA said:

Dana

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    DanaTA said:

Dana

When, many years ago, I was in charge of a group over on deviantART (DAZCreativeContests) I would reach out to creators for prizes for contests we'd run .  Always had a problem with Cath, I had to keep beating her off with a metaphorical stick to stop her giving stuff! smiley Not only is she talented she is generous beyond words!

That why I never have much , I give it always away in real life as well . Life is too short for greediness , we came with nothing and we gonna leave with nothing, but you are still a life as long as there is still one person in the world that remembers your good  name .

Thank you Simon but you are generous as well  and a very good friend for as long as I remember  heart

SimonJM said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

When, many years ago, I was in charge of a group over on deviantART (DAZCreativeContests) I would reach out to creators for prizes for contests we'd run .  Always had a problem with Cath, I had to keep beating her off with a metaphorical stick to stop her giving stuff! smiley Not only is she talented she is generous beyond words!

• MEC4D said:

I give it always away in real life as well

Are you giving your Titans away then angellaugh

Who knows when I get 3090 .. never say never , for now I need it 

don't let me win in lotto , I will buy one card for each of you that needs it most  

MEC4D said:

I give it always away in real life as well

Are you giving your Titans away then angellaugh

• if I win lotto the world should be very scared... devil

but yes there could be a story run about the lotto winner who blew it all at DAZ 3D and other 3D content stores cheeky so get all those new products up there wink

A nice render farm Wendy for all the content to be rendered in seconds , finally you could release full feature movie on youtube laugh 

if I win lotto the world should be very scared... devil

but yes there could be a story run about the lotto winner who blew it all at DAZ 3D and other 3D content stores cheeky so get all those new products up there wink

edited September 2020

My little tree "Clumpy" in action ... can you spot 6 of them in each render  ? some with different scale   wink

I was just doing some plants for my orangery tonight , tired of looking on polygons faces for days , needed some render time outside the box lol

made some palm and filodendron for the pots as well.

THE TREES3-FINAL-G8.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 449K
    THE TREES3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 476K
    THE TREES2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 433K
    THE TREES1.jpg
    1920 x 726 - 368K
    Screenshot 2020-09-22 013850.jpg
    1088 x 949 - 215K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • honestly those look like photographs 

Thanks Wendy , the power of simple but proper shader  , Clumpy tree gonna be an Bonsai in the Master Bedroom's Orangery , decor for the table 

I wanna ask you, is there better way in DS to export instance models to other programs or you still need to use the Instance Exporter from the store ?

I will do the the outside windows area and need to use Instances for stuff to safe on the  VRAM 

honestly those look like photographs 

THE TREES3-FINAL-G8-wire.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 383K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092

As they used to say, mad skills!

Dana

Nice photos there honey.  You trickster you!  cheeky

• Wow! I picked the larger trees beside the male model but missed little clumpy, near his feet. surprise  Wow!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    MEC4D said:

Thanks Wendy , the power of simple but proper shader  , Clumpy tree gonna be an Bonsai in the Master Bedroom's Orangery , decor for the table 

I wanna ask you, is there better way in DS to export instance models to other programs or you still need to use the Instance Exporter from the store ?

I will do the the outside windows area and need to use Instances for stuff to safe on the  VRAM 

No, I don't believe so. There's Code66's Instance to Objects, and  Callidus Simia's InstaEdit in the store. I'm not up on the available free scripts, so there might be something elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure the only way to convert an instance to an object is to create a duplicate of the object, move it to match the Transforms of the instance, and then delete the instance. Not fast, but if you've only got a few, (like half a dozen clumpy trees,) it isn't too bad to do manually.

Thanks Dana , simple is beautiful ! 

DanaTA said:

As they used to say, mad skills!

Dana

You know the moment we cross the barriers between reality and CGI, people will care less , what really grab attention is stuff that still looks like CGI , as it keeps us going to make stuff better , once we reach the goal it will be over .

RAMWolff said:

Nice photos there honey.  You trickster you!  cheeky

Gotcha ! cheeky 

Wow! I picked the larger trees beside the male model but missed little clumpy, near his feet. surprise  Wow!

Thanks Anita , with trees no big problem, but I want to use it for little smaller elements and that can be a lot to do manually , not everyone have enough VRAM so I may thinking about alternative solution, if I render out HDRI from it it will be for sure at last 250MB ,  that is 249 clumpy tree models , I am going to figure it out  what's better , I did not wanted statick light in this scene as it is created for the environment sun and sky , maybe I put couple tree models and bake the small elements into textures , nobody will notice it anyway as it will be outside the window on the ground . I never  used instance as I like my stuff to be exportable , I just tried yesterday with the render above as I was too lazy to duplicate each tree at this late hour . In short, what a limitation 

But I can still make 2 versions , one full and other with instances and see the differences 

Thank you dear for the clarifications on this subject, really appreciate it 

L'Adair said:
    MEC4D said:

No, I don't believe so. There's Code66's Instance to Objects, and  Callidus Simia's InstaEdit in the store. I'm not up on the available free scripts, so there might be something elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure the only way to convert an instance to an object is to create a duplicate of the object, move it to match the Transforms of the instance, and then delete the instance. Not fast, but if you've only got a few, (like half a dozen clumpy trees,) it isn't too bad to do manually.

I had some thinking going on by my morning coffee, you know that the actual scale of Genesis figures in other major applications like Lightwave, Max, Cinema4d or Zbrush is the size of a Michael's big toe .

Now a question, how the HDRI lighting or any lighting and shader react on an object that is 10.000 times bigger than in other software , it bug my mind , when I have some time I need to make some tests and see if there is really difference in rendering quality and how faster or slower it may go . There must be some difference in rendering human figure the size of a House compared to a figure the size of a mouse , if this is true, it may explain why iray rendering looks little better in other software, but for now just my speculations .

Now back to my plants , need to make some pots for my palm and philodendron plants and finish little Clumpy tree "Bonsai"

I wanna try to model the big leaves of the exotic plants and see how faster it may render with less textures 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i heart clumpy!