MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

you already had me with the initial roomheart

LOL… I was hooked with the first image of the bed!

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Wow!

It started with a bed surprise

Fantastic to see your wok developing. I am in love with those trees

Bravo cara!

• I have so much ideas in the pipeline... but this will be the one of my first NEW environments that I will work with! Definitely! laugh

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

This is private. oasis where you can retreat and read a book away from the crazy world wearing a robe or have a long conversation with a glass of whisk(e)y on the rocks lol 

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

I have 2 x 6 feet (2m) Benjamin trees in my living room , looks fine and my living room is not that huge 

the 2 plants on the side was temporary , there will be something more delicate , I just put for concept .

I wanted to have green area in this section , and the full render is not the bedroom , it is additional module so why not

it was always my dream to have a green section for the winter months , I love plants  

MEC4D said:

Thank you, at last someone noticed , I was thinking you guys don't like it  

kyoto kid said:

...sweet, that area of the set is a mini arboretum. 

LOL. I do like it, tho' I think it is a tad big for the room. Unless you are creating an indoor forest laugh

Useful for a nice glass of juice in the morning .. without having to get out of bed? cheeky

Thank you for seeing my vision , I have enough of reality , let's dream for a day, and dreams may come true  

Daventaki said:
    MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

Na don't like it, I LOVE it!!  If my room was big enough I would have the same. I have plants stuck everywhere I possibly can get them.

Top answer Anita ! you can do whatever you want !  people forgetting it is 3D sometimes , nothing is final.

Regarding plants , in Europe I had a lot of them but in the USA the sun never shine in the room in summer , only in winter so the plants don't grow indoors as well as I wish , I bought. silk Benjamin trees after my real one died , I only have left my Coffee plant that still somehow surviving the seasons , that why I want to move more north to get close to the climate as I had home 

L'Adair said:
    MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

LOL. I do like it, tho' I think it is a tad big for the room. Unless you are creating an indoor forest laugh

Personally, I'm fine with that. I can move around and remove props to my heart's content. The same set can give me different scenes by switching up the greenery and applying shaders to the furniture. I like versatility.

Daventaki said:

Na don't like it, I LOVE it!!  If my room was big enough I would have the same. I have plants stuck everywhere I possibly can get them.

I'd love a room where I could grow plants. Sadly, the windows face the wrong way in this house. The only indoor plants that consitently look good here are silk. I was going to buy a 6' silk flowering dogwood, but the supplier stopped carrying it.

I know Wendy , thank you , you always a great supporter heart 

you already had me with the initial roomheart

Thank you and sorry for the separate replies as I did not saw the rest of the posts ,well as I learning on my way I create more , if you see how many props I already discharged on the way as I was not pleasant with them  

Jerife said:

Wow!

Bravo cara!

Thank you and looking forward to see the work 

I have so much ideas in the pipeline... but this will be the one of my first NEW environments that I will work with! Definitely! laugh

This is not possible to make everyone happy in this world as we all love different stuff and that makes us unique .  Why would you re-render the same scene that was already rendered 1000 times , nothing special with that and kinda boring , that is why you get tools to make it your own and be judged by your taste with your name under . Thankfully it is 3D and everything is possible , you can make a ball room from it if you have the desire but before all of it , I want to share my first vision with you , the reason I making it , the reason it keeps me going , as I translate my little dream into something you can see and interact with later and having creative time as I do, so thank you for your audience in the process of making it , and since it is the first kind of stuff I ever doing for others in 3D , I feel little pressure on this examine , so finger crossed .

Now the issues I run across only in D|S

I came across some issues in DS like weird shaddings in some places , I know the smooth option under Surface material can fix it to a degree but not when half of the object need the smoothing and other half don't , that is where half object is hard edge and the other part soft edge , I testing stuff in Maya, Blender and other softwares, no issues as all Normals are in the right directions . I found out that when working with Extrude functions this kind of stuff can happen, but it is only in DS with OBJ , I exported models in different formats without issues so trying to find out why . I tested even other Stonemason sets and they are not without this problem so maybe it is just how DS handle the angles , I have also an option to import the hard edge parts as FBX format and save as native D|S format to get rid of the problem but then the smooth option under surface doesn't work , I have also option to decimate it and the issue is gone but don't like the topology after , so I wasted all day yesterday to search for solutions and tried everything possible .

For you it may be not big deal, sine once you add texturing it is not even visible , but it bother me as I know about and I want the base to be perfect 

As I learned with the process I know that adding creases will help keep the corner beautiful and straight with a perfect line, but not in DS as it completely ignores it so I had to clean them all up . Adding additional edge loops on the corners helped a lot but changed the model from 150kb to 1.5 MB from around 2.9 K of poly to almost 30K for a simple table so that is too much . 

I am going to make more tests today to find the best option, and if any of you come across a solution other than smooth surface option or normals you are welcome to help sister in need . I am not going to give up on that this time . I am starting to think that was a bad idea to weld soft edge with hard edge elements together , I still can separate them with different surface materials for a different options but that is good if you know what should be smooth and what not so this may become problematic switching texturing back and forth and extra work on your side . I will show you some renders later to address the issue

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    MEC4D said:

This is private. oasis where you can retreat and read a book away from the crazy world wearing a robe or have a long conversation with a glass of whisk(e)y on the rocks lol 

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

I have 2 x 6 feet (2m) Benjamin trees in my living room , looks fine and my living room is not that huge 

the 2 plants on the side was temporary , there will be something more delicate , I just put for concept .

I wanted to have green area in this section , and the full render is not the bedroom , it is additional module so why not

it was always my dream to have a green section for the winter months , I love plants  

MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

Useful for a nice glass of juice in the morning .. without having to get out of bed? cheeky

If I ever win the lottery (not much chance of that, sadly) I am going to hire you to design a house for me! smiley

I am good in interior Simon , architectural design is a task I have not much clue about in real life, your house would collapse for sure  ,  I just know what I want and where as everyone else  lol

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

If I ever win the lottery (not much chance of that, sadly) I am going to hire you to design a house for me! smiley

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909
    edited September 2020

As Simon wants a house, once this is done, is a kitchen next? smiley

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    MEC4D said:

I am good in interior Simon , architectural design is a task I have not much clue about in real life, your house would collapse for sure  ,  I just know what I want and where as everyone else  lol

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

That'd be a problem for the builder/architect to deal with!!!!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    Jerife said:

Wow!

Bravo cara!

..I might use it as part of the Grande Country Manor in my stories.

Once I figure out the shading .. other way I stay outdoor for the next 22 years .. lol 

That's exactly what's going on lol  good one 

kyoto kid said:
    Jerife said:

Wow!

Bravo cara!

edited September 2020

Well you may have your kitchen I cracked finally DS with the shading , we can move now forward .. sadly I have to redone some stuff , finished new coffee table already  the rest may be fixable 

I just added 3 loops on each corner and problem solved , it double in poly but not as bad , now even subdivision will not crack it down , everything stay in shape without weird shadowing like in old game . Now I can make really good stuff 

sorry but I don't like to sell crap to people , free or paid , especially if I trying to upgrade my skills to do better work .

Screenshot 2020-09-26 004140.jpg
    885 x 626 - 27K
    Screenshot 2020-09-26 004832.jpg
    893 x 635 - 117K
    Screenshot 2020-09-26 005827.jpg
    858 x 528 - 43K
    Post edited by MEC4D on

I like the quote "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." 

it is 2 min after 1 am and I feel excellent , not bugs in my head anymore .. lol

happy you can use it in your stories .. 

kyoto kid said:

..I might use it as part of the Grande Country Manor in my stories.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Table me this, table me that, when all is done there needs a chair to be sat! cheeky

lol  fixing the sofa and chairs as we speak getting rid of the shading so you can enjoy it even in Poser 

RAMWolff said:

Table me this, table me that, when all is done there needs a chair to be sat! cheeky

heart heart heart

edited September 2020

I redone yesterday the chairs table and sofa, plus UVs , tonight working on the rest of the set fixing the shadings and making new UVs so I can starting texturing. tomorrow and hopefully finish this set this week.

I asked a friend to write a script for Zbrush that show the bad shading before exporting so everything looks perfect the way it should in D|S and other programs ( for the hard edge modeling mostly ) it saved me a lot of time .

BTW if you are for plan to buy new Nvidia's cards hold your horse , there is a huge issue with the cards that crashing the desktop computers , all cards beside the founder edition by Nvidia are affected , other companies got cheaper with the production and replaced the chips with a cheaper version , now the cards can't reach the full boosting potential and crashing on full load, they going to downgrade the cards with a new bios, making them less faster for the same money.

Only original Nvidia's cards are working fine at this moment , a huge lunch disaster for others ! 

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • MEC4D said:
    BTW if you are for plan to buy new Nvidia's cards hold your horse , there is a huge issue with the cards that crashing the desktop computers , all cards beside the founder edition by Nvidia are affected , other companies got cheaper with the production and replaced the chips with a cheaper version , now the cards can't reach the full boosting potential and crashing on full load, they going to downgrade the cards with a new bios, making them less faster for the same money.

Only original Nvidia's cards are working fine at this moment , a huge lunch disaster for others ! 

Oops, ouch!

I'm in the poor house these days so what I have in the way of video card will have to do for now! 

The cards created by other companies are not good  , not now no later , they screwed it so stay away even if you can afford it in later times .

I am waiting until there is enough info about, Nvidia made all previews with programs like Maya and even blender but no one with iray yet, so I wonder if the new cards even works on full potential with iray or they changing the codes . So far what I saw did not make anything faster for others than my rig can offer so I am not on hurry, my budged is low too so waiting for better times

RAMWolff said:

I'm in the poor house these days so what I have in the way of video card will have to do for now! 

especially for the guy that spent 50K for 3080 on Ebay lol  people are crazy , but so happy for all the nasty people that purchased the cards in bulks just to sell it for  double on ebay .. hehe karma is a bixch

MEC4D said:

Oops, ouch!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    RAMWolff said:

Same for me.  I've had the same card for a while.  A GeForce 9500 GT.

Dana

edited September 2020
    MEC4D said:

I redone yesterday the chairs table and sofa, plus UVs , tonight working on the rest of the set fixing the shadings and making new UVs so I can starting texturing. tomorrow and hopefully finish this set this week.

I asked a friend to write a script for Zbrush that show the bad shading before exporting so everything looks perfect the way it should in D|S and other programs ( for the hard edge modeling mostly ) it saved me a lot of time .

...and they're charging more for them as well. 

I wonder if Nvida will be putting out more 3090 FE's  Maybe limit purchase quantities like they did before and employ a bot filter as well that requires manual input. Yeah, they're annoying sometimes, but if it makes the situation more fair that would be worth it..

Post edited by kyoto kid on

They have to, the quantities was too low even for US and many countries don;t even got taste of it yet  , they said more is in production .  I hope it was not some kind of low priced marketing trick as many things make no sense to me . 

kyoto kid said:
    MEC4D said:

...and they're charging more for them as well. 

I wonder if Nvida will be putting out more 3090 FE's  Maybe limit purchase quantities like they did before and employ a bot filter as well that requires manual input. Yeah, they're annoying sometimes, but if it makes the situation more fair that would be worth it..