MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Thank you so much !  

Sorel said:

all this new stuff you're making is amazing

Can someone make a screen shot of D|S viewport with some simple prop, the openGL preview , because I think I got crazy lol  oh the material please be 3Delite , no iray

I am waiting ...

• MEC4D said:

Can someone make a screen shot of D|S viewport with some simple prop, the openGL preview , because I think I got crazy lol  oh the material please be 3Delite , no iray

I am waiting ...

What do you mean by OpenGL preview?

edited September 2020

just open DS put in some primitive prop and make shot of the viewport , that's all , make sure material on prop is 3delite no iray  

MEC4D said:

I am waiting ...

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Hope this helps

MEC4D said:

just open DS put in some primitive prop and make shot of the viewport , that's all , make sure material on prop is 3delite no iray  

MEC4D said:

I am waiting ...

OpenGL.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 285K

That's how I remember it yesterday, but today looks off , I feel like I am in Adobe Cad software  , even the light indicator is black not white as usual 

Hope this helps

MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

I am waiting ...

Screenshot 2020-09-24 093809.jpg
    1371 x 965 - 223K
    Screenshot 2020-09-24 093642.jpg
    1374 x 946 - 179K
  • Restart the machine? Did you update the video drivers?

• interesting I noticed my openGL viewport looked a bit odd yesterday too but renders OK

a Windows update maybe?

just seemed rougher more fuzzy than normal

Nothing , just woke up and open D\S , wanted to set some shaders but before that it looked off , I was not sure if my eye playing trick on me or I still dreaming lol 

looks almost like Poser, but without the shadows in the viewport and Mickey escaped the scene border 

Restart the machine? Did you update the video drivers?

Screenshot 2020-09-24 094918.jpg
    1403 x 963 - 432K
    Screenshot 2020-09-24 095022.jpg
    1378 x 969 - 165K
  • Try restarting the PC.

When I load iray shaders. things starting to look normal again. , but not with 3Delite shaders , going to reboot and see if it helps 

Try restarting the PC.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 095520.jpg
    1381 x 967 - 173K
  • If there's a GPU on the CPU (Intel, at least) as well as the stand-alone GPU make sure that DS is set to use the latter - should be in the nVidia Control Panel.

Thanks Richard, the problem was only with 3Delite shaders and scene plus rendering had cartoon style ( black line) outline  , with Iray no issue, rendering or shaders  

I rebooted and things are back to normal again , my CPU don't have GPU , using only  stand-alone GPUs 

I wonder what cause this , I liked the wired shaded preview in this glitch,  clear and clean great for editing the models

If there's a GPU on the CPU (Intel, at least) as well as the stand-alone GPU make sure that DS is set to use the latter - should be in the nVidia Control Panel.

• it is also very dependent on your settings in preferences, maybe something got changed

mine are anything but default so my openGL looks very different to the default settings for example 

I have a feeling loading some scenes changes it too, people seem to set stuff in their saves that shouldn't be there, I get backgrounds, how the grid displays etc get changed loading some PA scenes and it annoys me no end.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Did you at one time set up with a toon shader output for 3Delight?  Isn't there a button to reset it to default you might click and see if that improves things?  

edited September 2020

Sorry, double post, this cloud service that DAZ uses is just a PITA sometimes!  

Post edited by RAMWolff on

No updates today , if I could turn Off/On  this kind of view, could be handy  for setup the models . 

Well finally I broke D|S or maybe a bug nobody knows about ..

interesting I noticed my openGL viewport looked a bit odd yesterday too but renders OK

a Windows update maybe?

just seemed rougher more fuzzy than normal

I did not touched anything, just starting loading some textures , everything back to normal, may be some glitch, between  both engines  , when you select Nvidia engine all stuff created or imported will have iray shader, when the 3Delite engine is selected all stuff will have 3delite shaders , so I forgot to change the engine back to iray and stuff started to happen when I loaded different stuff , probably a glitch 

RAMWolff said:

Did you at one time set up with a toon shader output for 3Delight?  Isn't there a button to reset it to default you might click and see if that improves things?  

It was default scene , preferences should be not saved with the scene , I am annoyed by my own shaders that I included smooth normal option as not always I need it for some kind of models so have to uncheck it under surface each time . Next time without this part . 

it is also very dependent on your settings in preferences, maybe something got changed

mine are anything but default so my openGL looks very different to the default settings for example 

I have a feeling loading some scenes changes it too, people seem to set stuff in their saves that shouldn't be there, I get backgrounds, how the grid displays etc get changed loading some PA scenes and it annoys me no end.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,087
    MEC4D said:

Nothing , just woke up and open D\S , wanted to set some shaders but before that it looked off , I was not sure if my eye playing trick on me or I still dreaming lol 

looks almost like Poser, but without the shadows in the viewport and Mickey escaped the scene border 

He's alive!   laugh

Dana

Glad to hear it's all back on track for you honey!  

Party over, he's back in the cage lol 

DanaTA said:
    MEC4D said:

He's alive!   laugh

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586

...sweet, that area of the set is a mini arboretum. 

Thank you, at last someone noticed , I was thinking you guys don't like it  

kyoto kid said:

• MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

LOL. I do like it, tho' I think it is a tad big for the room. Unless you are creating an indoor forest laugh

I have 2 x 6 feet (2m) Benjamin trees in my living room , looks fine and my living room is not that huge 

the 2 plants on the side was temporary , there will be something more delicate , I just put for concept .

I wanted to have green area in this section , and the full render is not the bedroom , it is additional module so why not

it was always my dream to have a green section for the winter months , I love plants  

MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

LOL. I do like it, tho' I think it is a tad big for the room. Unless you are creating an indoor forest laugh

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    MEC4D said:

I have 2 x 6 feet (2m) Benjamin trees in my living room , looks fine and my living room is not that huge 

the 2 plants on the side was temporary , there will be something more delicate , I just put for concept .

I wanted to have green area in this section , and the full render is not the bedroom , it is additional module so why not

it was always my dream to have a green section for the winter months , I love plants  

MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

Useful for a nice glass of juice in the morning .. without having to get out of bed? cheeky

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

Na don't like it, I LOVE it!!  If my room was big enough I would have the same. I have plants stuck everywhere I possibly can get them.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

Personally, I'm fine with that. I can move around and remove props to my heart's content. The same set can give me different scenes by switching up the greenery and applying shaders to the furniture. I like versatility.

Daventaki said:

Na don't like it, I LOVE it!!  If my room was big enough I would have the same. I have plants stuck everywhere I possibly can get them.

I'd love a room where I could grow plants. Sadly, the windows face the wrong way in this house. The only indoor plants that consitently look good here are silk. I was going to buy a 6' silk flowering dogwood, but the supplier stopped carrying it.

• you already had me with the initial roomheart