MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586

...I used to remember that with some .obj items I'd import into Daz  I'd be looking all around the viewport for them (as sometimes they import in but at a different coordinate like way above the ground plane) and then after using the camera "frame" control, often found them to be at the 0,0,0 coordinates, but almost "microscopic" in size.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Awww that was cute heart 

jardine said:

i heart clumpy!

• I tried making a branch with leaves insert mesh brush but it didn't go well cheeky my plait/braid one worked out better

Most of them need to be 10.000% scaled up , 6 ft in DS is like 0.25 inch in Zbrush or Lightwave , for almost all programs that use 1 Unit scale  

kyoto kid said:

...I used to remember that with some .obj items I'd import into Daz  I'd be looking all around the viewport for them (as sometimes they import in but at a different coordinate like way above the ground plane) and then after using the camera "frame" control, often found them to be at the 0,0,0 coordinates, but almost "microscopic" in size.

Just make the branch then mask around and use fiber mesh to create the planes for the leaves around the branches and resize them if needed  , then second option with micro poly you can actually replace the polygons with modeled leaves or use alpha  

I tried making a branch with leaves insert mesh brush but it didn't go well cheeky my plait/braid one worked out better

• MEC4D said:

Just make the branch then mask around and use fiber mesh to create the planes for the leaves around the branches and resize them if needed  , then second option with micro poly you can actually replace the polygons with modeled leaves or use alpha  

I tried making a branch with leaves insert mesh brush but it didn't go well cheeky my plait/braid one worked out better

I can just do the leaves devil 

lol 

I just finished the phisical leave model of the Philo plant  

MEC4D said:

I can just do the leaves devil 

Screenshot 2020-09-22 163711.jpg
    645 x 727 - 38K
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,783
    edited September 2020

Impulse bought this old thing during the sales a few days ago. Not regretting it :)

Post edited by Hylas on

You succeeded with the convertion ? good job ! , the helmet you can just scale up and  point to the head to follow 

Hylas said:

Impulse bought this old thing during the sales a few days ago. Not regretting it :)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,783
    MEC4D said:

You succeeded with the convertion ? good job ! , the helmet you can just scale up and  point to the head to follow 

Hylas said:

Oh, it's just auto-fit. I put some metallicity on the studs and that's it. It holds up really well!

I'd probably just parent the helmet to the head but 99% of the time I want to be able to see my characters faces, awesome as that helmet is.

You can hide the portion of the face in that helmet  , just select material and under Opacity turn the value down and the face is visible of your character 

Hylas said:
    MEC4D said:

Hylas said:

Oh, it's just auto-fit. I put some metallicity on the studs and that's it. It holds up really well!

I'd probably just parent the helmet to the head but 99% of the time I want to be able to see my characters faces, awesome as that helmet is.

Finished modeling Philo ( no alpha maps, double sided) .. now time for shaders and test it out with proper light

it will go in the center of the Orangery, as later for December  I want to have Christmas tree there lol

Screenshot 2020-09-22 190301.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 285K
    Screenshot 2020-09-22 190043.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 281K

Tested out my new plants with proper shaders  I made today  for the Bedroom's Orangery , I have 2 more to make 

I tried to use wind force on the orange tree but instate the oranges fall down bouncing around  lol

orange tree-test2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 609K
    orange tree-test4.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 611K
    orange tree-test3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 610K
    orange tree-test1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 418K
    philo plant-test4.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 634K
    philo plant-test2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 538K
    philo plant-test3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 491K
    philo plant-test1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 397K
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

well, that's how orange trees work in real life when the fruit's ripe and the wind blows.

you may have just crossed the orange tree uncanny valley there, cath...

:)
    j

• I think we have to stop yapping so that cath can finish the set laugh

Probably you are right, I am too lazy to read the manual lol  

jardine said:

well, that's how orange trees work in real life when the fruit's ripe and the wind blows.

you may have just crossed the orange tree uncanny valley there, cath...

:)
    j

Why ? that's all the fun about , keep yapping  ,  I am multi tasking  laugh answering in a breaks anyway 

funny thing is that I am starting to handle the D|S viewport as it was  Zbrush , expecting it to move lol 

I am very close to the finale , the organic stuff take little longer as I have to redone it couple time to be happy with 

I think we have to stop yapping so that cath can finish the set laugh

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    MEC4D said:

Why ? that's all the fun about , keep yapping  ,  I am multi tasking  laugh answering in a breaks anyway 

funny thing is that I am starting to handle the D|S viewport as it was  Zbrush , expecting it to move lol 

I am very close to the finale , the organic stuff take little longer as I have to redone it couple time to be happy with 

I think we have to stop yapping so that cath can finish the set laugh

I have a similar issue with products in the store. I'll be looking at promo images and try to rotate them as if I were in D|S!

In Zbrush I look for the menu bar from D}S to export lol many times already , we are on autopilot lol 

I did this in the store today when I checked the Streets of Steampunk wireframe renders , I just want to see the hidden corner .

Yesterday I put food into my slow cooker, I hit the button and said RENDER TIME !  after the dinner I used my Hubby's engine to restore the kitchen scene to default cheeky

L'Adair said:
    MEC4D said:

I have a similar issue with products in the store. I'll be looking at promo images and try to rotate them as if I were in D|S!

Meet a new member from the Orangery's family "Ben"

Benjamin-tree-test1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 461K
    Benjamin-tree-test2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 481K
    Benjamin-tree-test3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 346K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,180
    MEC4D said:

I constantly try to use C4D viewport controls in DS, and every time I'm frustrated that they don't work.

Strong bounding with your tools , I have difficulty posing in D|S after a day in Zbrush , pressing the wrong express keys expecting it to do something , for example in D|S you need Ctrl # to select multiples poly faces and in Zbrush Alt #, and it get messed up, maybe time to setup the same express key for both programs as close as possible 

Gordig said:
    MEC4D said:

I constantly try to use C4D viewport controls in DS, and every time I'm frustrated that they don't work.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited September 2020

That is frustrating as hell lol. I am constantly trying to use blender/zbrush controls in DS after working with them for a while. Wish there was a way to set all 3d apps to one way and be done with having to switch mentalities lol.

Post edited by TheKD on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I added keyboard shortcuts to match Photoshop for some things. Ctrl+J will duplicate the selected layer in PS, now Ctrl+J will duplicate the selected object and anything parented to it. Now if there were only some way to get D|S to multiply the speed of using the mouse to zoom in and zoom out using the Shift key…

You see long time ago most of all softwares run by the same rules, but now they all become clumpy so they look different still doing the same things at the end .

The code makers of the programs actually never do any art with it , they put new stuff to make people busy figuring out how to do it by their ways or find our own unwritten ways .

Even DELETE don't works straight forward in Zbrush without confirmation if I really want to Delete subtool each time I start a new document , quiet annoying , it is what it is, we are just end users ..

TheKD said:

That is frustrating as hell lol. I am constantly trying to use blender/zbrush controls in DS after working with them for a while. Wish there was a way to set all 3d apps to one way and be done with having to switch mentalities lol.

• well most paintbrush manufacturers are not known for doing paintings eithercheeky or papermills for writing novels

Don't totally agree with you, hand crafted paint brushes are handled differently , what kind of painting you can do with a cheap brush that leave all its hair on the painted surface before the job is done .

I was talking about the creators , first hand , no mass production manufacturing . 

well most paintbrush manufacturers are not known for doing paintings eithercheeky or papermills for writing novels

I need to make that too, mostly expresskey I have on my Cintiq touch monitor , including zooming in DS with a back slider that works in most all softwares , no mouse or keyboard user here

L'Adair said:

I added keyboard shortcuts to match Photoshop for some things. Ctrl+J will duplicate the selected layer in PS, now Ctrl+J will duplicate the selected object and anything parented to it. Now if there were only some way to get D|S to multiply the speed of using the mouse to zoom in and zoom out using the Shift key…

edited September 2020

You probably wonder what is it all about the Orangery sitting section that slowly turning into living room lol , so here some little preview as I work around , no texturing done yet and everything is still raw , just to give you an idea where I am going with it. A lot things still to do but I am closer to the finale .

orangery-test1-things to do.jpg
    1280 x 681 - 491K
    orangery-test3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 499K
    orangery-test2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 432K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

all this new stuff you're making is amazing