MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Well the big studios can get tax back , so they can afford $5000 per 1 Quadro card , but many of them run just Titans for cheaper alternative 

kyoto kid said:

...one of the features the Titan and Quadro series offer is they can be set ot TCC (Tesla Compute Cluster) mode which bypasses Windows WDDM while consumer cards do not have this function.

• Well, took advantage of the sale to grab the Dragon Rider and DarKon sets. Now to convert them to g8 and if I can really push them, to g8f. :)  

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621

...indeed.   

I still can't help feel that part of why Nvidia boosted the VRAM on the Maxwell Quadro 6000 from 12 GB to 24 GB midstream (while keeping the price the same) was that the Titan-X pretty much had the same specs and performance but for about 4,000 USD less and customers were opting for that instead. Once the updated M6000 was released it was a game changer.. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a used one of those (did see one on eBay for 1,015 USD but sans all connector cables) 

I saw test with Iray with both cards, the speed was the same , the only huge difference was the VRAM .

This is just business strategy nothing more or less ,  I think they make the new cards just to keep up with the market and compete with other brands so they always ahead . If they can't put mote cores into Quadro and Titan X, it is just 3090 on steroids for me.

I would love to get my hands on 2 x 3090 , that would be huge upgrade for a reasonable price and best deal.

kyoto kid said:

...indeed.   

I still can't help feel that part of why Nvidia boosted the VRAM on the Maxwell Quadro 6000 from 12 GB to 24 GB midstream (while keeping the price the same) was that the Titan-X pretty much had the same specs and performance but for about 4,000 USD less and customers were opting for that instead. Once the updated M6000 was released it was a game changer.. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a used one of those (did see one on eBay for 1,015 USD but sans all connector cables) 

Thanks for the support . I tried yesterday to convert some stuff to Dforce from my old collection , but it exploded , some of the clothing parts have edge bevel and dforce don't like it , the only thing that worked was Ferdbrand's Vest and the lower part of Wizard robe , converting to G8 will be easy for DarKon , Dragon Rider need weight maps adjustment , I wish I had more time for new clothing sets and characters but can't start it now, too many open projects at this moment .  

Well, took advantage of the sale to grab the Dragon Rider and DarKon sets. Now to convert them to g8 and if I can really push them, to g8f. :)  

edited September 2020
    MEC4D said:

I saw test with Iray with both cards, the speed was the same , the only huge difference was the VRAM .

This is just business strategy nothing more or less ,  I think they make the new cards just to keep up with the market and compete with other brands so they always ahead . If they can't put mote cores into Quadro and Titan X, it is just 3090 on steroids for me.

I would love to get my hands on 2 x 3090 , that would be huge upgrade for a reasonable price and best deal.

kyoto kid said:

...indeed.   

...one 3090 would be sufficient as it would be all I could fit as the two PCIe x 16 slots on my MB only accommodate double width cards.  24 GB would be twice what I currently have in the render box and even 2 Titan-X's wouldn't equal the core count of a single 3090. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Agree, with just 1 card I would be happy too and fast enough for you as I have the taste of the speed in my current rig , it is a good deal .

kyoto kid said:
    MEC4D said:

kyoto kid said:

...indeed.   

...one 3090 would be sufficient as it would be all I could fit as the two PCIe x 16 slots on my MB only accommodate double width cards.  24 GB would be twice what I currently have in the render box and even 2 Titan-X's wouldn't equal the core count of a single 3090. 

Made some expansion for the wall in front of  the bed so the morning light passes through until 12 pm then move through the sky windows , this will be the area for sitting and plants and more space for the camera to move freely around 

expanision4.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 543K
    expanision3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 550K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

surprise

• unless one is in the Southern Hemisphere like me wink

looking lovely heart

cheeky you can pretend then 

unless one is in the Southern Hemisphere like me wink

looking lovely heart

• just have to say, this all looks amazing, like absolutely amazing!  I've always been a fan of your work/products, and this is certainly no exception!!  can't wait to get my hands on it and start playing :D

I'm going to FBX it over to Poser and see how it does when it's released!  

Thanks, this is my first time doing this kind of modeling , so I hope I pass the test and you have fun rendering out some cool renders as always 

Saidge42 said:

just have to say, this all looks amazing, like absolutely amazing!  I've always been a fan of your work/products, and this is certainly no exception!!  can't wait to get my hands on it and start playing :D

It don't gonna works well 100%, as many features will be not exported like iray shaders ( light emitters ) anything else can be adjusted  manually as the texture maps are basic .

You will have to add also fersnel in Poser manually , as that is most important light surface reflection in real life that everyone skip 

Looking forward to see what you do with it

RAMWolff said:

I'm going to FBX it over to Poser and see how it does when it's released!  

Will be intereseting to see how much cussing you hear from me setting things up!  LOL  I'll do my best of course!  Looking forward to the challenge!  

That's the spirit Richard, that's what keep us creative, the challenge ...

here is the final ground plan for the Master Bedroom suite 

I keep the left door huge just in case I want another expansion to a fancy bathroom or so in the future when my skills improve 

RAMWolff said:

Will be intereseting to see how much cussing you hear from me setting things up!  LOL  I'll do my best of course!  Looking forward to the challenge!  

ground plan master bedroom 2020-09-18 14-02-19-613.jpg
    1066 x 1014 - 257K
  • MEC4D said:
    I keep the left door huge just in case I want another expansion to a fancy bathroom or so in the future when my skills improve

Bathroom!!! smiley

I don't dare right now, let me finish this one or I sit until Christmas with it lol

MEC4D said:

Bathroom!!! smiley

• MEC4D said:

Thanks, this is my first time doing this kind of modeling , so I hope I pass the test and you have fun rendering out some cool renders as always 

I don't think you'll have to worry about passing this test - I'd say you've already done that especially since this is your first go at it :)  I already have some ideas, so I'm really looking forward to it!!  hope you end liking what I do with it, lol

MEC4D said:

RAMWolff said:

..wow, that's impressive.

That is exactly what I had in my mind, no modern style  , I had it back in Europe , the best bathtub ever , but this mean I have to mix hard edge modeling with soft edge and I am not yet there in my experiences so need more practice , freebie or not it still need to be perfect .

GOOD LORD Cath, that's a heck of a blueprint there.  You always do think big!  LOL 

Awww, thank you for the kind words, I am more confident now , I am sure you will do something great with it . I will include the rustic and more classic look with it for diversity as both looks totally different . 

Saidge42 said:
    MEC4D said:

I don't think you'll have to worry about passing this test - I'd say you've already done that especially since this is your first go at it :)  I already have some ideas, so I'm really looking forward to it!!  hope you end liking what I do with it, lol

• RAMWolff said:

GOOD LORD Cath, that's a heck of a blueprint there.  You always do think big!  LOL 

I think Cath was an architect in her previous life lol.

Thank you, I have something extra  in my sleeves , but let it be a surprise , also I try to keep the poly count low, so far the base rooms are just 1200 poly , minus the props 

kyoto kid said:
    MEC4D said:

RAMWolff said:

..wow, that's impressive.

• Well, this set looks amazing!  A very unique styling as well. (The fireplace though, does look a little off. Like the opening seems way too small to be practical.) That minor critique being said, you've really raised the bar on freebies! It's rare to see such generosity of a complete environment like this (especially in these trying economic times). By the way, are you releasing anymore shader sets soon? I thought I saw mention of another set coming out, any news on this? 

Just planing , go big or go home ! lol 

RAMWolff said:

You don't know but 30 years ago I had a job as an interior design , here I just use common sense and learn by mistakes 

RAMWolff said:

I think Cath was an architect in her previous life lol.

It was just a prototype to warm up and see how things works out in DS with the camera and light since it is my first kind of work style , I don't use references as there are always copyrighted issues with the design so doing everything from my head as I go , you did not saw yet the final one it is in production as we speak as are other products , and a lot of them ..

thank you ! happy you like it .

TGSNT said:

Well, this set looks amazing!  A very unique styling as well. (The fireplace though, does look a little off. Like the opening seems way too small to be practical.) That minor critique being said, you've really raised the bar on freebies! It's rare to see such generosity of a complete environment like this (especially in these trying economic times). By the way, are you releasing anymore shader sets soon? I thought I saw mention of another set coming out, any news on this?