Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

Hello and welcome to the forums James.

The speed of Iray will depend on how many cores you have available.   I have an i7 and it works fairly well with 8 threads.

Hope to see you on the New Users Forum soon, best wishes.

• Hello and welcome to the forums James.

The speed of Iray will depend on how many cores you have available.   I have an i7 and it works fairly well with 8 threads.

Hope to see you on the New Users Forum soon, best wishes.

Thanks. The late 2015 iMAC I have has the i7 Skylake, 4 core / 8 threads. It should be OK. Of course, it depends on scene complexity, etc. We'll see how it goes. I'll probably test it on the first sample project, once I've had a good look at the manual.

• Come on in and tell us about yourself!

I'm Walk Soft. I'm unable to get DAZ 3d to work in windows 10. Is DAZ 3d compadable for 10? Thanks. /*=

• Ok then dose DAZ3d play will with windows 19?

• Ok then dose DAZ3d play will with windows 19?

• Come on in and tell us about yourself!

I'm unable to get DAZ 3d to work in windows 10. Is DAZ 3d compadable for 10? Thanks. /*=

• teresadawnteresadawn Posts: 5
    edited December 2015

Hi all, Sorta new here...
    I've had Daz for ages, but until I got my new computer it just crashed a lot...  I did use it actively for a couple months, but it was so slow and "crashy" that I never really learned how properly...  new computer and the Win10 upgrade and it's acting better so I'm back to relearn.  I just installed it again after many years and it's a new version (Daz 2 was the new one when I was learning)​.  So far loving it. 

Anyways, a bit about me...
    Hmm...  I'm a woman from Canada, in my early 30's, single mum to a one year old daughter, Christian, enjoy ice skating and writing stories and letters, I still don't have a cellphone, I love the tv shows Primeval and Death in Paradise and my Christmas tree is always up by the end of October.  For rendering I love the gumdrops and the dinosaurs and Sadie.  I did make a couple of free textures for the Gumdrop Jill dress ages and ages ago which are here: http://www.sharecg.com/v/29870/view/6/Texture/5-Textures-for-the-Gumdrop-Jills-dress-Ribbons

Nice to meet you all.

PS: Edited to add: Here is my first Render since I re-installed Daz after a few years.  I made it yesterday.  (The inspiration being a character from the show Primeval and her "pet" mammoth)

Post edited by teresadawn on

Nice to meet you Teresa, and welcome to the forums.

You seem to have the hang of the new version, nice render!

I haven't watched Primeveval, but I really liked Death in Paradise becuse it was a bit different than the usual stuff.    See you on the forums.

• Nice to meet you Teresa, and welcome to the forums.

I haven't watched Primeveval, but I really liked Death in Paradise becuse it was a bit different than the usual stuff.    See you on the forums.

Thanks :) I actually started watching Death in Paradise because I loved the actor who played Richard Poole  in Primeval first haha!  His character is quite simmilar in both.
    Thanks!  I'm having a bit of troubles with the new version for sure still though...  I couldn't get the lighting right so her fingernails are way too bright (Looks like she is wearing whiteout instead of nail polish LOL) and I can't seem to unpack my freebies into a place where I can find them after.  (I can, but then I have to manually find the .obj files from somewhere else on the computer every single time)​

• Hello everyone! My name is Shannon, I am a 20 year old from Detroit that loves designing characters and wrestling. I have been working with Daz since I was 18, and have recently been exploring Substance Painter, Hexagon, and Mudbox to use with my Daz characters. Below are some of my renders.

Powerbomb2.png
    892 x 569 - 549K
  • Hello everyone!!

My name is Freja, i'm actually called that more often than my real name Angie. Locally they call me the dragonlady because i have so many dragon tattoos. I live work and try to play in the area of omg how in the world did someone so sensible end up in college station texas. The basics. I am 33 mother of two extremely intelligent and sarcastic boys. We are a very strange and quirky family. I have been a writer since I was five, Literally when i started my first book. That poor thing has been through over a hundred rewrites and should probably never see the light of day. I've always loved drawing and graphic design, but I have no artistic talent whatsoever in the art world. I am hoping that daz 3d can help me with that. I would love to be able to create my own art pictures, but more than I really want to be able master this technology so that I can create my characters for my books. I would also LOVE to be able to create my own book covers. I see my characters as real people and i wish to be able to see the people in my head come to life. This is not only for my "oh pretty!!! look what i did!!! need, but also my very real need for visual inspiration while i write. I write exclusively fantasy and sci fi and I am proud to say that after a 7 year hiatus i won Nanowrimo this year in 3 DAYS!!!! Of course it was the last 3 days....but hey i made it with 45 minutes to spare. 

So down to the nitty gritty. I'm a total newbie, as in i have no idea what i'm doing. And of course i want to be able to do all the really hard stuff like design my own clothes for my people to match the characters in my books. I'd say i'm pretty smart, but I have no experience with this kind of programming. I am a member of the cartographer's guild and after a year i am still just a newbie who can only follow tuts. and sometimes not even that. I really wish there was a physical class i could take for these programs as i learn so much better and faster in that kind of environment rather than floundering around on my own. I came across this program totally by accident three days ago and at first i had no idea what it was. I had been looking for a castle creator software program in designing layouts and all of a sudden i found myself looking at all of these really cool bundles. At first i was confused, were these real? As in some companies that make that kind of stuff for warhammer? was it 3d what was this strange wonderful place. Then i stayed up  an entire night on this website and i've been watching tutorials non stop since then. My hsband even had weird dreams of polygons and fractals because of what i was watching while he slept. It was hilarious. Apparently everyone had super powers and if you slid things along the different axis you could make things explode. So hi everyone, fabulous to meet you and i hope we can be friends. I also hope i could somehow soak up your knowledge and expertise by osmosis through the computer screen....in a super NOT creepy kind of way. 

Nice to meet you Teresa, and welcome to the forums.

Thanks :) I actually started watching Death in Paradise because I loved the actor who played Richard Poole  in Primeval first haha!  His character is quite simmilar in both.
    Thanks!  I'm having a bit of troubles with the new version for sure still though...  I couldn't get the lighting right so her fingernails are way too bright (Looks like she is wearing whiteout instead of nail polish LOL) and I can't seem to unpack my freebies into a place where I can find them after.  (I can, but then I have to manually find the .obj files from somewhere else on the computer every single time)​

Hello again Teresa

We keep this thread for introductions, if you are having any problems, please open a new thread in the New Users Forum and we will be gald to help.

If your freebies are in DAZ Studio or Poser Formats, you shouldn't have to load OBJ files yourself, please post the details on the New Users Forum.

svwillia said:

Hello everyone! My name is Shannon, I am a 20 year old from Detroit that loves designing characters and wrestling. I have been working with Daz since I was 18, and have recently been exploring Substance Painter, Hexagon, and Mudbox to use with my Daz characters. Below are some of my renders.

Hello Shannon, and welcome to the forums.  A great render, hope to see some more on the forums.

Hello Freja and we,come to the forums.   We have amny writers of one sort or another on the forums here, and people who design graphic novels and comics as well.   I'm sure you find something to suit your tastes here.

Any time that you find yourself stuck, please post a new thread in the New Users Firum, and we will be happy to help.   There are plenty of people here who love fantasy and SciFi too, so you should make plenty of friends very quickly, see you on the forums.

• JohannaJohanna Posts: 119

Hi, i am LIVA,

PRO on photography, Apple OS, Photoshop, Virtual World »Second Life«, german

NOOB on Cinema 4D, Blender, DAZ3D, english, french

HUGS & KISSES to all helpful and helpless souls :-D

• Well hello everyone. My name is VagueCoyote and I'm absolutly new to CG and Daz. As I write this I'm downloading Daz and all its componets. I'm doing this just for fun, as a different way of expressing myself in my art (I do traditional art). I'm looking forward to seeing how I progress and sharing what I've done to everyone.

Hello LIVA and VagueCoyote03, and welcome to the forums.

We are generally a friendly bunch here, especially in the New User Forums, and I hope to see you there soon.

• FranRFranR Posts: 33
    edited December 2015

I'm not really a new user, but rather a returning one - it's been a while tho and so much has changed. Not just DAZ Studio Pro, but also yet another generation of genesis characters. The last thing I remember buying was the pro bundle for Aiko 5 and saw that Aiko 6 is already there with perhaps an Aiko 7 underway.

Just tried out Daz Studio pro 4.8 and with the tutorials and guided tours I wasn't as hopeless as I feared. Still felt a bit lost since I've used Poser far more often. I really loved how the renders turned out with Nvidia Iray.

Also really impressed how quickly I could setup the smart items with the genesis character, no needed for extra clicks in the menus to comfort to or parent to and so forth. So for the time being I'll keep the genesis characters with DS and use Poser for the rest (like Miki and so forth).

And of course, I couldn't resist - I had to sign up for the platinum club. 

ps. I'm Fran.

Post edited by FranR on

Welcome back Fran.   DAZ Studio has certainly changed a lot in a couple of years, but we are always here to help if you get stuck.

The PC is an excellent choice, and it really does pay for itself.   Hope to see you on the forums again soon.

• Hello everyone. 

My real name is Henriette , but most places I go by Ferretmania.

I have a very vivid imagination , which often makes me see pictures in my head I want to draw/paint or write down in to stories , I'm new to Daz Studio and I hope to use it  as a way of expressing myself , since I'm horrible at drawing/painting and writing stories.

Hello Henriette, and welcome to the forums.   DAZ Studio can be a big help, for people (like me) who don't draw or paint, but want to produce images

I am sure that you will do very well with the software once you get the hang of it.   We are always here to help, so don;t be stuck.

See you on the forums.

• tirenzi3dtirenzi3d Posts: 46
    edited December 2015
    Hello all..if anyone is still reading this. I am Remco( i know this was a brand in the US for scary dolls lol.. youtube it) and going by the nick Tirenzi3D. I used to use Poser a lot for years. I divorced the program for a year and now I am here on the Daz forums and trying to explore the Daz studio program. I have already used Genesis 3 female and already making morphs and textures for it( later more on that subject). I am looking forward in interacting with you here on the forums and have a nice time here.
    Post edited by tirenzi3d on

Hello Remco, and welcome to the forums.   We would all be interested in seeing what you come up with for G3F, she is still quite new.

Please feel free to post your progress on the forums, I am sure that you will make friends among our many helpful members.

Best wishes.

• Hello Everyone,

My name is Karl and I'm new to Daz Studio, although I used to play with it several years ago, with great pleasure. I'm pleased to have time to use it again. I'm just doing some creation for my pleasure, and I like it :)

• Hello karl.. i cant wait to see your creations.

Hello Karl, and welcome to the forums.   We will be happy to see you on the New Users forum, and answer any questions that you may have.

Best wishes. 

• Somewhere, somewhere I feel sure I have done this before.

I am new to the fields/forum. I generally ask probably redundant questions

and I generally tend to ask irrelevent questions as follow-ups.

I am often long-winded but for this entry I choose to leave it there.

oh, yeah, and even if I someties show brilliance, you still should treat me

as newbie, since I often need to go back three steps to understand

the step I have just taken. I'm sure this doesn't apply to me only.

Anyway, welcome from and to me, Merry Season and all that,

here's to hearing from you, hoping to learn,

Michael

Hello and welcome to the forums Michael.

We will be glad to hear from you when you are ready.   We all had to start somewhere, and 3D art is an on-going process.

Best wishes.

• SkippybotSkippybot Posts: 8
    edited December 2015

Hello everyone,

My name is Skip and I'm new to Daz studio and CGI in general. I've played around with Cinema 4d somewhat but never really had time to learn it well enough to make anything noteworthy. I'm looking forward to learning Daz studio because it seems to be more streamlined and geared towards human figure creation and, maybe to a lesser degree, animation. I have a lot to learn and will really try not to "bug" anyone with mundane questions that are probably already answered somewhere in previous posts. However, I would like to see a forum search option where newbies such as myself can find discussions on topics we may be trying to learn more about.

I've been looking through the galleries and have to say that many of you guys are very talented. I can only dream of creating renderings like I've seen on here, wow. Anyway, I look forward to learning the software and programs that you guys use to create such beautiful art. It goes without saying that this won't be an overnight thing; it will take time and dedication to fully be able to unlock the creative power of this software. So, best wishes to everyone and thank you in advance for all your help and, too, for taking time to post your knowledge for others to learn:) 

Post edited by Skippybot on