Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• ShannonWEShannonWE Posts: 22
    Thank you Kismet2012! I am just a beginner but cannot wait to work on the things I have been taught so far. Addiction...I can see how it could become addicting! :)
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Okay, it's one of those days.  So, I'm going to try this again, and upload the correct image!  

Hi there Daz people. I've been using Daz off and on for a few years, and have limited experience with the software, but have recently started to invest more time learning about still image 3D rendering.  Can anyone point me in the right direction with this hurdle: I need to insert human and animal tracks in certain environments, for example, sand and snow.  What/how is best way to do this?  My final renders are printed up to 40x60, so details, when applicaple in close-ups, are important.  

Thanks,

Betsy

Welcome Betsy. 

This isn't something I have tried so not sure what to suggest. 

• Betsy,

Could you do it using a displacement map? If you could find (or create) a monochrome image of an appropriate footprint and use it as a displacement map on, effectively, a transfer, you could place that on the ground and the displacement map would render the ground down, with the amount depending on the displacement map. They're very powerful tools, but because they're only visible at render time, it means that there's a bit of trial and error required to get them where you want them. They're also quite resource heavy, so a lot of them will really slow a render down.

Might be worth investigating, though?

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    shan said:
    Hi everyone my name is Shannon. I am HorusRas wife! :) I have no skills with graphic arts but am very excited to learn. My husband Rob started teaching me about a week ago. I love what I am doing so far thanks to my great teacher! :) I am very interested in the close up portraits but we will see as I learn what will become my nitch! Thanks, Shannon

Hello Wifey-o-mine! Welcome to the forums.smiley

• KNKN Posts: 55

Hello everyone,

My name is Ken.  I have been using Daz3d for less than a month and I am loving it!  

I can't believe it took me so long to start on it.  I did download it some eyars ago but never had the chance to try it.

I think I won't be able to live wihout it now.  LOL smiley

The contents are awesome and people's renders are fantastic.  

I look forward to seeing more and maybe post some of my art stuff whan I have time.

Have a terrific day!

_KN

HorusRa said:
    shan said:
    Hi everyone my name is Shannon. I am HorusRas wife! :) I have no skills with graphic arts but am very excited to learn. My husband Rob started teaching me about a week ago. I love what I am doing so far thanks to my great teacher! :) I am very interested in the close up portraits but we will see as I learn what will become my nitch! Thanks, Shannon

Hello Wifey-o-mine! Welcome to the forums.smiley

edited March 2016
    Hi sweetness! Thank you love! I'm getting more excited the more I learn. I'm finding exploring with your direction and making mistakes the best way to learn. I really am excited to put a render in the new users area when ready! Love you bunches hun! :)
    Post edited by ShannonWE on
  • HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    shan said:
    Hi sweetness! Thank you love! I'm getting more excited the more I learn. I'm finding exploring with your direction and making mistakes the best way to learn. I really am excited to put a render in the new users area when ready! Love you bunches hun! :)

yes

• hi im vijay i installed daz 3d 4.9 and when i use animate 2 on my character it walks with its heals the whole feet is not landing on the floor i get this issue in every model i animate plz help me guys

• jaultzjaultz Posts: 1

Hello All! Got my BA in Animation and then the economy crapped out so I had to leave the country for work as an esl teacher. moving back soon and plan to use all the free software out there to make games and just get back into digital art! it's going to be epic!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Welcome jaultz.

• photoroosterphotorooster Posts: 9
    edited March 2016

Hi, my name is photorooster. I'm a retired state crime lab photographer. In my newfound time at home I have been learning what I can about 3D Art.  I have to say its a lot more relaxing and fun then my old job! I have been adding stuff to the gallery for a while and lurking the forums learning what I can. You guys do amazing work and it's really fun participating.  My skills are a bit lacking but I hope they improve as time moves on.

So far I've been able to write and illustrate a childrens book. https://issuu.com/photorooster/docs/brianna_big_storm_2016/1 

En español. https://issuu.com/photorooster/docs/brianna_gran_tormenta_2016/1

Hmmmm... Not much more to tell. 

I like to write and co-authored a book on virtual film making (machinima). http://www.mcfarlandbooks.com/book-2.php?id=978-0-7864-6171-4

And here is a silly little machinima I made back in 2009. https://youtu.be/g9OI5E2A00o

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone better and learn all I can.

Post edited by photorooster on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

Hello everyone,

My name is Ken.  I have been using Daz3d for less than a month and I am loving it!  

I can't believe it took me so long to start on it.  I did download it some eyars ago but never had the chance to try it.

I think I won't be able to live wihout it now.  LOL smiley

The contents are awesome and people's renders are fantastic.  

I look forward to seeing more and maybe post some of my art stuff whan I have time.

Have a terrific day!

_KN

Welcome, Ken! If you downloaded years ago, have you updated to the latest version? There have been lots of great new additions, like the Iray render engine.

• dadsongsdadsongs Posts: 3

Hi, Everyone:

I have a very specific project I'd like to do with Daz, and using FaceGen as a facial modeling application. Besides digital art, one of my other hobbies is genealogy. I would like digital art software to create a family portrait of the familial line of my family. It'll include my son, then me, my father, grandfather, great-grandfather, and end with my great-great grandfather.

I've created FaceGen models for all generations, using some cool tricks to create models for two of the figures that I have no photos for. For some insight into how I did this, go to my blog stories here: http://williamsvariations.blogspot.com/2016/01/a-3d-look-at-past.html and here: http://williamsvariations.blogspot.com/2016/02/a-3d-look-at-past-part-2.html

Over the weekend, I've successfully import one of the FaceGen models onto a Genisis 2 figure, but I'm going to have to ask you for a lot of help from here on. I look forward to getting some answers to some questions I can't seem to find answers for; I hope you will be interested in helping my create my project.

Cheers!

Bruce Jennings

Welcome to the forums, Bruce Jennings (dadsongs). There are lots of people here to help, but I'm not sure how many are proficient with FaceGen. I don't own it, myself. Post your questions in the New Users forum when you are ready. You might also find help by searching the formus with Google. Use site:www.daz3d.com/forums in your search string to limit the search to the Daz forums.

• SuperKaiSuperKai Posts: 21

hello all :D

• colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

I'm Colin, known in DeviantArt as Colinscrod -- and no, I don't know why I picked that either.  I got started in DAZ because I kept pestering another Deviantartist with things like, "why don't you make. . . ?" until he led me to DAZ and said, "Make it yourself."  I've been paying up like a heroin addict ever since.  Trying to get away from "mere" fetish, fighting and musclewomen into Real Art.  Don't know if I've made it yet.

• Hello, My name is Merle. I am an educator in Information Technology for a Higher Education College.  I write stories, and am wanting to illustrate and animate.  Thanks Daz for  "what I think will be my tools for achieving this".  Hiya everybody.  Please be patient, I am really green.....

• Hello. I am newish to Daz. I am really enjoying all of the times and the controls. It's great. I am looking for a product that will allow me to put clothes for different figures. I have found the Shape Shift for Genesis and Fit Control for Genesis which both seem promises but do not confirm this. Is there anywhere or anyone who might be able to?

• Hello. I am newish to Daz. I am really enjoying all of the times and the controls. It's great. I am looking for a product that will allow me to put clothes for different figures. I have found the Shape Shift for Genesis and Fit Control for Genesis which both seem promises but do not confirm this. Is there anywhere or anyone who might be able to?

If ypu mean use clothes for oen base figure on another then that is what AutoFit does - by default each generation of Genesis has a clone for the previous generation of the same sex and the current generation of the opposite sex butt here are additional clones in the store (you can go in steps - Victoria 4 to Genesis to Genesis 2 female to Genesis 3 Female for example - though having a clone to skip generations will improve the results).

If ypu mean use clothes for oen base figure on another then that is what AutoFit does - by default each generation of Genesis has a clone for the previous generation of the same sex and the current generation of the opposite sex butt here are additional clones in the store (you can go in steps - Victoria 4 to Genesis to Genesis 2 female to Genesis 3 Female for example - though having a clone to skip generations will improve the results).

Got it thank you :) I just tried to change a victoria to genesis 3 female and it did not work. I have seen the clones in the store for the genesis but the Victoria  seems a little elusive. I am sorry to be a bother I am just trying to understand.

Got it thank you :) I just tried to change a victoria to genesis 3 female and it did not work. I have seen the clones in the store for the genesis but the Victoria  seems a little elusive. I am sorry to be a bother I am just trying to understand.

The free route is load the V4 item and fit to Genesis, File>Save as>Support Assets>Figure/Prop Asset. Load that and fit to Genesis 2 Female, then again save as an asset. Finally load that and fit to Genesis 3 Female. Or use http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s to do it in one step.

The free route is load the V4 item and fit to Genesis, File>Save as>Support Assets>Figure/Prop Asset. Load that and fit to Genesis 2 Female, then again save as an asset. Finally load that and fit to Genesis 3 Female. Or use http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s to do it in one step.

Thank you again that was super very helpful

Welcome, Colin and Merle.

enseandeden, I have the Wear Them All products, and they work very well.

• Hi all. I've just realised I've been posting on this site for a while now and have never introduced myself (I'm so rude). My name is Neil (hence Keeping It Neil) and I'm a professional graphic designer living in the wet and hilly north of Scotland.

I started with Daz around 9 months ago when I was signed off from work for a wee while to try something new and haven’t looked back since. I'm more of a print designer so have never really ventured into 3D, but have lots of ideas I wanted to visualise, and have always like the look of 3D illustration.

Daz keeps me sane in an otherwise crazy world where I can just get lost in the work, and as most of my work is trial and error (still learning) I get a real buzz when it's a success.

I'm massively into sci-fi, which you will see a lot of in my scenes. Anyhoo, it's nice to meet you all :)

• Keeping it NeilKeeping it Neil Posts: 53
    edited March 2016

Double post, sorry!

Post edited by Keeping it Neil on
  • BinarySpiritBinarySpirit Posts: 1
    edited March 2016

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am BinarySpirit.  I'm an amateur writer and game designer situated in Texas.  I've been messing around with Daz Studio for a few years now, but I figured I'd start with a clean slate and take my craft a bit more seriously.  I am a sci-fi enthusiast and as such, most of my works tend to lean towards such theme.  For now, I plan to use Daz Studio to help conceptualize various scenes, characters, and the like.

If you want to know more about me, ask away. 

Edit: Apologies for all the edits.  I didn't notice until I posted my username was incorrect.  It's been fixed now.

Post edited by BinarySpirit on
  • Hello, names Mark, first time poster, been on Daz for a lone time. Have done much tryign to learn how to use it since all I hae is time now. Had it on another pc but that crashed hard and lost everything, I have been wantign to learn how to make a small movie for my kids ( I think they'll love it). I love scifi/ fantasy movies, games and reading. Computers are not my strong point but since I have become disablied I am retraining myself and thought this would be a fun way to learn. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,743

Hi, I'm Alicia, a long time user of Poser but VERY new to DS, like as of 1 hour ago... Still trying to figure out the basics but have a nice portrait of V7/Ronya with my added morphs going right now. My work has been primarily comic/sci-fi/fantasy up till now with lots of artistic postwork. I've been noticing that the lRay renders in DS are great for realism though and wanted to try that as an extra tool, if needed and it's always fun to try out new characters, so finally checking out G3/V7...

My links:

MAIN SITE: http://www.AliciaHollinger.com
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/AliciaHollingerArt
    TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/AliciaHollinger (@AliciaHollinger)
    INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/aliciahollinger (@AliciaHollinger)

• AloreeaAloreea Posts: 285

Hey Yall! So I just started using Daz about a month ago. But I think I've learned the basics pretty well.

Anyway, I'm a HUGE Star Wars and Star Trek fan. I LOVE Sci-Fi, any Sci-Fi ( and I'm not talking about the old Godzilla)

I'd lke all or most of my finished projects to have some kind of Sci-Fi influence.

Also, I'm from Texas,  H Town