Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

Hi , I am Latonya and I am trying to set up a web site for a fundraiser  I do not know how to use the software  can anyone explain for me how to use this product also are the imiages I purchase workable on any web page builder

Hello and welcome Latonya.

Once you have installed DAZ Studio, there is a help menu which leads to all sorts of tutorials.

If you have any specific questions, please start a new thread in the New Users Forum.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

hello im yvonne.. i wanted to download the new version of dazstudio beta 4 9..but i ended up with a lot of download i dont need..and i still don't have the new one..could you please let me know what im suppose to do..thank you so much

Hi,  can you please ask this question in it's own thread, in The New Users Forum, then we can try to help you.   Thanks.

• Hello, my name is Tiffanie and I am a 3D hoarder. Which is my current problem. I've played around with 3D programs (Poser, Blender, DAZ, etc) But have never really dedicated time to learn them. And now I have free content going back to mumble mumble, and can't figure out how to organize it all in DAZ 4.7 Pro, so that I can actually use it or at least try to learn to use it. Should I just delete everything and then restore it in a certain order? I have had all the old DAZ's and just upgraded them on top of each other. I Have folders everywhere!  Where do I start? I can't even figure out how to dress a figure, but I have to find the other figures/content, anyway.......I am truly lost. And of course I am very busy, including NaNoWriMo this month (I want to use renders for my book covers eventually). So is starting from a clean program the best? or is there a way to actually organize it? And will my really old freebie content work in 4.7? Thanks for listening.

Hello Tiffanie, and welcome to the forums.

Can you please ask your questions on the New Users Forum in a new thread so that we can help you.

This thread is for new users to intorduce themselves, the New Users Forum will be able to help you much better with specific questions.

• Hey people ;)

M new in this field and just getting started so help please :p

Hello and welcome to the forums imsagarnayal

Please post any questions that you may have in a new thread in the New Users Forum.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

• StingerStinger Posts: 296

Hey everybody,

I've been toying with Daz for a while now, but I think I'm ready to finally sit down and dig into it. Looks like an awesome community here!

Hello insubordin8 and welcome to the forums.

Any questions that you may have are welcome in the New Users Forum, see you soon I hope laugh

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Welcome to all the new users! One thing about the New Users Forum- the stickied posts at the top will really help you, be sure and surf those topics as most of the things you have asked are explained quite well there. Many people before you have asked the same thing, lol!  We're here to help you and want your experience with the Studio to be a fun one.

• Hey everybody,

I've been toying with Daz for a while now, but I think I'm ready to finally sit down and dig into it. Looks like an awesome community here!

Welcome to all new members. For me personaly I really learned alot here in a relative short time. 

• Hello, fellow Dazlers!

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Peter. I am a keen photographer. In Daz Studio, I am becoming a keen virtual photographer. There I can take virtual photographs that I could not take in the real world. Anyone want to buy my DSLR?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083
    edited November 2015
    Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Peter.

Hi Peter, welcome to the forums! :)

Anyone want to buy my DSLR?

I'm not sure... Afterall, we do have this: http://www.daz3d.com/professional-dslr-camera :)))))

Post edited by Ati on

Hello, fellow Dazlers!

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Peter. I am a keen photographer. In Daz Studio, I am becoming a keen virtual photographer. There I can take virtual photographs that I could not take in the real world. Anyone want to buy my DSLR?

Welcome Peter, I have a Nikon DSLR as well, DAZ Studio is a very useful application.   You can use your own backgrounds too, and you can even create HDRIs with your DSLR if you have the time and patience, don;t bin it just yetlaugh

• Hi my name is Erika , i'm from Argentina,  today I downloaded the program, and if someone wanted to guide me a little, I would appreciate it, have a great day people.. Hola Soy Erika de Argentina, recien hoy descargué el programa, si alguien pudiera guiarme se lo agradeceria. Saludos.

• i am a childd devil                  also very confused onwhat to do

• Welcome Candycrashface1 and thorhunziker!

I am assuming that you are starting with DAZ Studio, in which case, there is the DAZ Studio Discussion forum here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/daz-studio-discussion

If I am wrong, and you are new to other DAZ 3D software, such as Carrara or Bryce, then their discussion forums are here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/carrara-discussion

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/bryce-discussion

No matter what software you are using, don't be afraid to ask questions. Everybody is new at some point and there is a lot of jargon and terminology that is used when discussing 3D. If you see a term or word that is unfamiliar, don't hesitate to ask what it means or how to use/set it up in your software of choice.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The New Users Forum is geared up to help New Users, to help them get to grips with their New Software before moving on to the general forums. Ask any qwuestions you want to in a new thread here, and there will be plenty of people who will come and help you. And it is a forum that is moderated more strictly, so that you never feel that you are not welcome while you are learning.

• Come on in and tell us about yourself! Hi! My name is Charles.

Who are you?  I am a novice at both writing and 3d graphic imagery.What inspires your artistic aspirations? My artistic asperations are inspired by my need to puiblish my book of (Black) fantasy. My favorite food is fried fish - all tastey - varieties, potatoe salad and sweet potateo pie. the thing that makes me a unique and lovable individual is my inert ability to listen, observe and analyize what people are doing and saying before my eyes.

So I am dropping by, pulling up a chair, and filling you all in. I'm very pleased to meet all of you!

Hello Charles, and welcome to the forums.   I am sure that you will enjoy the site, and if you have any questions on DAZ Studio, or how touse it, please ask on the New Users Forum, we will be happy to see you there.

Hello, im James.

i just got Animated Textures Plug In for DAZ Studio, it was on sale. Does it work with daz 4.8? I can't find daz 3. If I can no longer download daz 3 and it don't work with daz4+, why was it listed on the flash sale?

I have asked a mod to move your post to the New Users Forum so that we can deal with it.   This thread is for introducing yourself, so Hello James and Welcome, and when your post is moved to the forums, we will be able to answer your question.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited November 2015

hello im yvonne.. i wanted to download the new version of dazstudio beta 4 9..but i ended up with a lot of download i dont need..and i still don't have the new one..could you please let me know what im suppose to do..thank you so much

yvonne, Go to http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65498/daz-studio-pro-beta-faq where it tells you everything you want to know. Be sure to read all the links and posts. I got it after adding iit to my library and following the instructions on how to download via DAZ Install Manager, DIM, after setting my filters as described. If you still have a problem you might contact the Help Center at DAZ.

Chohole, forgive me for posting an answer before noticing you had already done so.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Hi Folks,

I'm John of Wilson Graphic Design, WGD. While I'm not totally new here I've never formally introduced myself. Since obtaining my first Amiga computer some years ago I've always been interested in Graphics 2D/3D, Animation, DTP, Pogramming, Web Design, Photography and a bit of nearly everything I've felt a need to know, I'm our computer club's "User Help SIG". The sun is my alarm clock to stop what I'm busy at... when it comes up it's time to go to bed. When eating lunch out I usually have a notepad on which I figure out what is wrong with a program or start a new one when not figuring out a design or what options a GUI should have.

I can thank Carrara from Eovia, now from DAZ, for first introducing me to DAZ and 3D figure models.

BTW: Don't fall in love with my profile logo, I'm still not satisfied with it.

John

• rsharprsharp Posts: 45

Hello,

I have been using human figure software since Poser 1.0 and have enjoyed the numerous advancements over the years.  I write software for a living and have only used certain renders of figures as graphical elements in user interfaces (e.g. caricatures for a speech interface).  More recently, I've been doing renders to prototype photography projects.

A few years ago, I did try Daz3D as an alternative to Poser, but ultimately wasn't happy with it, so stayed with Poser.

I was quite disappointed with the recent Poser Pro 11 release (ultimately returned it).  Seemed like a rushed release as even the provided figures had many rendering issues under the new photorealistic renderer (e.g. Roxie's eyes ended up looking like chrome).  Also, Miki 4 (used in many of my more recent projects) wasn't prepared at all; everything rendered as white.  I didn't feel it was my responsibility to re-work textures for built-in figures (or figures sold directly fom Smith Micro).  Frustrated with that, I looked again at Daz3D, and while I do miss some features of Poser, I really liked the very mature feature set and working with Genesis 3 figures is awesome!

I don't have an NVidia card on my Mac, but it does have 12 physical CPU cores, so rendering massive images isn't too big a deal.  I'm currently pushing the limits on a DSLR-sized image (20 MP) at 15,000 samples to see what the Iray renderer can do.  Estimating that image to take around 12 hours.

I'm looking forward to re-doing my projects based on the various Genesis 3 figures as it appears I'll be getting much more flexibiliy and mileage from them going forward.

Rick

• francesconatolafrancesconatola Posts: 4
    edited December 2015

Hello everyone.

I introduce myself, my name is Francesco. I come from Quebec in Canada, my native language is French, so sorry for my English.

I love to learn and also share my knowledge. I try to create nice things to share and embellish life.

I am interested in everything related to art, illustration, photography, music, Photoshop and most recently DazStudio.

I hope to find here the answers to my questions.

Happy to join your community.

Francesco

Post edited by francesconatola on

Hello John, Rick and Francesco, and welcome to the forums.   I hope you all enjoy your stay here, and I look forward to seeing you all participating in the various threads in the forums.   If you have any questions at all about DAZ Studio, or any of the products that are sold in the store here, please fell free to ask.    I am glad to meet you all.

• Hi Peeps,

Im totally new to this place and this type of software so ill be around to ask loads of questions :-p

Im a mechanical engineer from the Netherlands. I work with 3d solid modelling software called Autodesk Inventor. With that i draw parts and assemblies and run calculations on the physics aspect. When my whole machine is reviewed and approved my models later get defined in detailed 2d technical drawings from which the workshop manufactures the parts and makes the designs become reality.

Aside from that i am a long time sketch artist that has a somewhat strange appreciation for really good pens and pencils haha. So anyways, while looking for images to get inspiration for a new drawing i came across a bunch of gorgeous renders and thats how i stumbled upon DAZ 3D. Im looking forward to getting productive with it in the next few weeks and i hope i find answers to my N00b questions in the forum threads.

See yall around,

Cheers

Hello thouterman, and welcome to the forums.   With your knowledge of Autodesk, you should be in a better position than most new users with DAZ Studio, and we can certainly help with any questions that you may have.

Please use the New Users forum to begin with, and post any questions that you may have in there.   DAZ Studio is advancing all the time, and the new default renderer, Iray, is producing wonderful results for most people.   See you on the forums.

• GamerFreakGamerFreak Posts: 2
    edited December 2015

Hello my name is Gordon A.K.A Gamerfreak I am a newbie to Daz and 3d modeling

I am looking forward to starting my new adventure with 3d art and animations

I am Saphiewild rl son and I see what she does and I wanted to do my own versions of game charactors.

Post edited by GamerFreak on
  • jamesbannon100jamesbannon100 Posts: 2
    edited December 2015

'ello, my name is James. Brand new to Daz Studio, 3D & graphics generally. I intend using Daz as a "virtual studio" to experiment with poses, lighting etc. rather than producing 3D art per se. Once all my new hardware is in & set up properly, my first port of call will be the Anatomy Pro bundle, and maybe one or two others. Hopefully, I'll progress.

P.S. I'm running a full spec iMAC on El Capitan. Software seems t work fine, though I suppose iRAY will be a bit on the slow side since I don't have a nVidia card.

Post edited by jamesbannon100 on