Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Welcome on board Michael, I hope you have a nice trip in the 3D world.

• Hello Skip, I hope to see you and your work often in the forum. See you around!

• SammagiSammagi Posts: 137

Hello everyone! My name is Sammy_jr_mart, or just Sam for short. I've been a member since 2012, but never had the chance to introduce myself, until now. I'm an artist whose pursuing making graphic novels with the use of mixed media, traditional, 3d renders and programs. What inspires me is fantasy, scifi, and horror genres that dates back the 90s (I'm considered a product of the 80s, even if I'm born in the 90s). Therefore, the works like Terminator, Dune, and computer games are part of me. Meatloaf is my favorite musician, having all 3 chapters and hope for more :P.

As for me being "unique," well, I prefer people tell you. However, I would say I'm a bit mild mannered on the outside, but a child in the inside. I'm facinated with Japanese manga but all sorts of strange and unique stories that are about characters. I'm also a big fan of Steampunk and Ancient Egyptian stuff, which will soon become part of my first graphic novel! In fact, I'm hoping to use Daz Studios as the means to create the works of my dreams, and soon publish them!

Nice to meet everyone, and hope to become more active even in the New Year!

• Hello everyone!

With Bryce it is easy for anyone to become a Rembrandt. Being Dutch, like me, should also help, I hope.This little gem of a program has been on my harddrives in many incarnations from before Windows 95 when the air was still clean and politicians were honest men.

(O allright, that last was never true) Lately I have become a 'heavy user' after purchasing enough tutorial packages to cover the defense budget of a small African nation. It has helped me enormously in discovering the ins and outs of Bryce. I even use it in the classroom to demonstrate my pupils how to render a fast and easy pcture. They love it and I have to fight them off of my own computer. Quite a few of them bought it themselves.

After a long hard day work -yes, I am one of those who still has them- I find I can relax with a combination of Spotify, Bryce, Arturo Fuente cigars and Ardbeg whiskey. As a pure hobbyist I seldom or never publish any of my results but use them as backgrounds on my pc and Imac and the pc's in the classroom.

I have tried a few other render programs like Vue 2015 and Worldmachine but I keep getting back to Bryce for its ease of use and flexibility and now use those programs only to build landscape meshes or making .hdr skies and export them into Bryce.

On the forum I am mainly a lurker but I shall probably post a few renders now and then.

Since it is now the 29th of december I want to wish you all a happy and healthy 2016!

• Hello, I am 15 yrs old... i already familiar with ALL Autodesk software other than Maya. I started coding websites in 7th grade. i am very good with computer and can figure out anything if im not lazy to do so. Decided to try animating with DAZ because its free (mostly) and its a 3D animation software. I have tried Blender but was not satisfied withthe performance.

• Hi folks! Its not easy for me greeting everyone after a 15 year old with such a good reperatoire ;-) To my appology: I'm running a 45 to 50 hr per week job  plus activity in politics - both far away from the the creative spectrum (psychologist-therapist-scientist). So I need the hole 3D-thing as a hobby and cool-down-time. Perhaps because of my jobs affiliation with statistics and numbers, I avoid coding and scripting (not more numbers please!). I'm stuck mainly with the combination Carrara and Hexagon, often cursing both (first one for lack of speed, second one simply for its habit to spectacular crashes), but failing in using alternatives (Blender killed me in usability - , Maya, 3d-max et al killed me in pricing - glorious student-times are over) so I'm making the best out of it. 2D-section looking better in regard of skills, I once drew comics using photoshop and illustrator for a psycholinguistik workgroup...

If anyone wonders about creepy grammar and orthography: I'm from old germany, and my language-skills for english are smashed between nearly no practice, academic papers and buerocracy-german I have to deal with on a regular basis.

Since I don't think highly of my work, you won't see me post the things (I mainly use them as illustrations or help for riddles or landscapes in my P&P-Roleplaying group - my other hobby), but you may expect me to ask newby-things ;-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

New Users help forum is there for you to ask Newbie type things,  We enjoy helping New Users to find their way around.

• Hi all, I've just realized I've never posted in the forums before today, so I decided to rectify this. I've been using DAZ since late 2014 when I discovered the wonderful world of 3D art. I mostly create portraits because I plan to use my art for my book covers (I write historical romance & celebrated my 10-year anniversary as a published writer last summer). After a few accidents where I unintentionally ended up with grey zombie-people and a guy without nipples, I'm happy to say I've now reached a point where I actually feel confident about inflicting my own art onto my readers. :-)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,803

Very welcome to the forums then ScribblingsSandy. The thread of interest for you probably then is http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/57390/book-covers#latest. There are some really active people doing just that.

• Linwelly said:

Very welcome to the forums then ScribblingsSandy. The thread of interest for you probably then is http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/57390/book-covers#latest. There are some really active people doing just that.

Thanks, Linwelly! I found that thread earlier today when someone posted a link in a comment to one of the pics in the gallery. And that was also when I realized I'd never posted in the forums before. smiley

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 301

Hi everyone! First time posting on the forums (though I've been lurking here every now and then), but I've been using Daz about a year now. I first came across Daz on an adult site, but what sparked my interest towards it was, that using the software waas like playing with virtual action figures. I'm a toy collector, but I don't have space or skills to do dioramas, but with this software I can create virtual scenes and use my imagination the way I want. While I came across this software on an adult site and have done some adult renders myself too, most of my renders are safe for all. One huge reason for starting to use this software was the fact it was free and there was a lot of free stuff available. Since then I've purchased some stuff too, but trying to find freebies is the first thing I still do, when there is something I need for my renders as I'm doing my renders just for fun and to express my creativity in some capasity, so there is no return on investment so to speak in my case.

• Hello! My name is Pinkatron2000. I used to doodle a lot, on paper and in photoshop. Life kicked me in the inspiration and I stopped drawing for a while, but really, really wanted to still make something. Seeing the amazing things made these days via programs such as DAZ3d, Poser and more, really inspired me to try to art again--but in 3d. 

I literally have no experience. I did my first render this week, and there are a lot of mistakes, and I am basically mashing my face on the keyboard and hoping I do things okay. But thankfully, I have met several other 3D artists who have blown me away so far in offering to help, share tips tricks and more. I have been lurking around this site this month, and finally decided to say hi. 

My favorite genres are D&D/Lord of the Rings/Elves/Fantasy and Star Wars. 

Much love to those of you who create freebies and tutorials. You have already taught me so much! 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328
    edited January 2016

Hello! My name is Pinkatron2000. I used to doodle a lot, on paper and in photoshop. Life kicked me in the inspiration and I stopped drawing for a while, but really, really wanted to still make something. Seeing the amazing things made these days via programs such as DAZ3d, Poser and more, really inspired me to try to art again--but in 3d. 

I literally have no experience. I did my first render this week, and there are a lot of mistakes, and I am basically mashing my face on the keyboard and hoping I do things okay. But thankfully, I have met several other 3D artists who have blown me away so far in offering to help, share tips tricks and more. I have been lurking around this site this month, and finally decided to say hi. 

My favorite genres are D&D/Lord of the Rings/Elves/Fantasy and Star Wars. 

Much love to those of you who create freebies and tutorials. You have already taught me so much! 

Welcome to the world of DAZ.  I was a complete noob as well in the fairly recent past so I know how frustrating it can be at first.  Persevere, ask lots of questions and everything starts to fall into place after a while.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Hello...

My name is Liana. I live in MN, where it is really cold right now like below zero. LOL

I have done some 3D and 2D art on another platform. I have been trying to learn Blender. I am new to Daz though, so I am gradually trying to learn and work out the kinks as I go. I made my first character. I still have a long ways to go yet. My partner has worked with Daz before and sort of got me into it. He also does some writing so I might be making characters for his scripts/books. :D

I like the creative side of it. It gives me something to do when the weather is bad (winter time) and I am not working on my farm.

Liana

• Hello guys,

This is Sohail.I am extremely new here.No idea how to do this stuffs.I hope you guys help me through this.

Thank you!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Welcome, folks.  You will find the more experienced DAZ users on this forum very helpful.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Hey, gang!

Russell Walks here - www.russellwalks.com

I'm a longtime artist/illustrator used to shooting photo reference for my work. Just in the last week or so, I've picked up DAZ and began trying to create a simple 3D figure I can use as the basis for a painting.
    I followed some tutorials (and bought a character and some armor) and have set up and lit a simple pose.
    It's apparent that DAZ has changed recently with regard to rendering, and I'm wondering if there's a quick way render something simple that I can paint from. From what I understand, iray is awesome, but time consuming and complicated.

Am I right?

Big thanks for the forum - Lots of good stuff here!

• You can switch the render engine back to 3Delight in the Editor tab of the Render Settings pane if that suits your workflow better.

• Hi everyone. 

I am Dan and quite new to Daz Studio or in fact new to all kinds of 3D. I know it will be a tough path to walk, if I want to be skilled in this area and I know it will be done by taking small steps, but I love challenges. I guess that is a good start. So if I just can get a little grip and a little understanding of how things are done, I will be happy. I guess I will be a frequent user of the forum. I have already read a lot of the threads, with many good advices that also has helped me a lot. So thanks to all here, that helps with there advices.

My interest came one day when I stumbled over a site (Daz 3D gallery) with marvelous renders. I was astonished. I have never been good at drawing, but suddenly I saw another way of being creative. And now I will give it a try. Though I am not an advanced technical genius, and my age says 54, I still believe I have a change to be creative through this.

All the best to everyone in here,
    Dan

• Hello from France,
    my name is Thierry and I use Hexagon and carrara as hobbyist and sometimes for ma job.
    And that's all, I believe ^^

• trembling3dtrembling3d Posts: 3
    edited January 2016

Hi everyone

My Name is Billyboybob and I am kind of new to Studio 3D. I have played around with blender but nothing special came out of that. On thing, it did it give me a new hobby :)

Post edited by trembling3d on
  • Just thought I would pop in and say "Hi" to all the new users, both young and old.

• edited January 2016

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Hey, my name is Joey. This is a return to Daz for me. I have tried Daz and Poser without much luck. I come here by way of Second Life. I want to try Daz again because I still havea lot of stuff for Daz. I thought I could use it all in Poser, but that was not so easy for me. I got an email this morning announcing the new Daz 4.9, and it left me with a question. Is there any difference in Daz 3D and Daz Studio?

Post edited by Chohole on

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Hey, my name is Joey. This is a return to Daz for me. I have tried Daz and Poser without much luck. I come here by way of Second Life. I want to try Daz again because I still havea lot of stuff for Daz. I thought I could use it all in Poser, but that was not so easy for me. I got an email this morning announcing the new Daz 4.9, and it left me with a question. Is there any difference in Daz 3D and Daz Studio?

Daz 3D is the Company   Daz Studio is the program.

• Hello, my name is Alberto, from Italy.

I'm a Poser hobbyst, first with Poser 7 and now with PoserPro 2014. I've always kept an eye on DAZ Studio because of its interface and the great support of its community, but up to now I'm still with Poser because I'm more familiar with it and because I'm a little bit afraid of messing up my custom-made Poser runtimes.

Another issue that makes me reluctant about the switch is the change happened with the release of the Genesis figures. I've some technical questions about it, but I'm going to search the answer in other sections first. Happy rendering to all.

Alberto

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

, but up to now I'm still with Poser because I'm more familiar with it and because I'm a little bit afraid of messing up my custom-made Poser runtimes.

DAZ Studio can read Poser Runtime folders, and load Poser CR2, PP2, PZ2 Poser files.   All of the earlier DAZ 3D figures, like V4 and M4 etc, will all work in Poser as well.   The newer Genesis figures can also be used inside Poser by way of the DSON importer which is available in the store, the exception to this is the latest Genesis 3 figures.  You could ask some questins about using this in the Poser Forum.

• Hello all.  My name is Chris and I'm currently a student at Drexel University for Interactive Digital Media.

About a decade ago I was exposed to Bryce when I was pursuing my associate's and I loved it!  It was easy to learn and my teacher was absolutely incredible.  However, I had no real interest in 3D modeling but the impression Bryce left on me for how clear it's UI was strong.  My favorite trick?  Pixelating/Blockifying a mountain and giving it a city texteure.  Bam... instant city.  Oh and combining negative and positive boolean objects.

Fast forward to 10+ years and at Drexel they made me take a basic animation class that dealt with Maya.  To say I did not like Maya would be a gross understatement.  It's interaface is such an obtuse, cluttered, clusterfuck of the likes I have not seen since.  Even though I completed that class over a year ago I am still so thrilled to be done with Maya.

My intents with Bryce are pretty straight forward: I want to create imagery that can serve as a basis for illustration based works.  Either by observation, using the image directly, or even printed out on a canvas as an underpainting.  To this end I'm also interested in something that can export human figures into Bryce so as to build my own static action scenes.  I opened Poser once in my life and the complexity that was thrown my way was enough that I haven't checked it out since (this was before I even heard of Bryce).

TL;DR: I'm looking to use Bryce as a way to support my 2d based illustration and painting pursuits.  Also does Bryce have the equivalent of Edge Loop, Face, and Vertex creation and manipulation?  That's the ONE thing I liked abou Maya.

P.S. The attached image is what I made in Bryce a long time ago.  I took it into Photoshop and edited it further.

obsidiacity(with sun).jpg
    540 x 405 - 28K
  • Hi, I'm Melissa. New to Daz3D, though certainly not to art. I'm an author, editor, painter, portrait artist, cover designer/artist, book formatter, fashion designer, interior designer... um... I guess the job title 'Creative Professional' applies well enough. What inspires me? Paying the bills is a hell of a motivation. 

• Hi folks. I'm another person who has been around here (usually spending money in the shop) for quite a while now, but have realised that I've never posted on the forums. Whoops.

Oh well. Belated hello, I'm Ian, Amar, Amarillon... I usually answer to something. I'm a 40-something who recently discovered a lot of free time after losing his job due to deteriorating health. I actually originally got Poser in a sale, intending to use it to create and pose low-poly models for developing flight sim scenery, then realised it was completely unsuitable for that, discovered DAZ Studio during my investigations and got hooked.

For some reason, most of what I want to create is of dystopian pasts and/or futures, but in reality I can be inspired by pretty much anything that pops into my slightly addled brain. I usually get told off for using too little lighting, but the point is that it's supposed to be dark! My ultimate intention is to develop my own environments, props and garments for me (and others if they want) to use in renders. Right now, however, I'm still learning my way around. My gallery already has a bunch of stuff on it if anyone wants to tell me what I could do better or should focus on learning!

Come and join us in the New Users Forum.  That is focused around helping New Users, strangely enough.   We also have New Users Contests, whereby you take part in a WIP (Work In Progress) thread, where you get help and feed back to prgress your render, and at the end of the process enter it into the contest to possibly win a prize.  It's fun and educational at the same time