Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• 3dLux said:

Hi Knittingmommy!  

How have I not seen you on dA before?! surprise   You now have a watcher yes 

Hi 3dLux.  I've had an account on there for awhile, but just recently started putting some of my renders on there.  I was actually surprised to that I had received any comments.  You were my first.  I actually responded back, too. I hope I don't disappoint you with my attempts at art.  But, keep watching as I'm working on a few pieces that should be finished soon.

• MBAIRDMBAIRD Posts: 22

Hi all. I've been using DAZ for a while... More then six months, less then a year? Maybe?

I originaly saw it as a cheap source of resources for use in other software, but i have come to love DAZ in it's own right. it's just fun to sit in front of and create. I also own and use TerraGen 3 and Lightwave 2015 for CGI (and I think I have a seat or two of poser laying around somewhere). I also use BlackMagic Fusion for compositing.

I worked at NASA for years as a producer and TV Engineer but now I'm making my own narrative short films. I have yet to use DAZ in a short film but that time is rapidly approaching.

MB

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

Hello MBAIRD, I have seen you on the forums in the past few days.

I look forward to seeing your work, interesting job you had?

• MBAIRDMBAIRD Posts: 22

It was interesting for sure JimmyC. I was there for 14years, but in the end, it was just another government cluge. Not talking about space flight but about the public affairs side of it. So glad to be out of that. Now the 'real NASA" outside the PAO office, that was and is still pretty amazing. 

• Hello everyone I'm Sanyel, otherwise known as Jinxibabe (Hi there!).

I've been doin Daz for about 3 years now, I started after my uncle Patrick Reynolds got me hooked. 

I am a writer and I write alot of Sci-FI and Fantasy, but I can't draw as well as I could when I was younger. My uncle suggeted I try Daz, and after he sat me down and showed me the software, I quickly became a "Dazholic". I saw Daz as a new way of creating the scenes that were in my head from certain aspects of diffrent stories, and a new way of expressing myself.

I am a ARMY VET (HOOAH!) and a full time mother of two DARLING little girls named Liana and Brielle.

It is so very nice to meet you all, and I look forward to growing and learning with you all <3

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Welcome, and thank you for your service!

• JinxiibaeJinxiibae Posts: 2
    edited October 2015

Welcome, and thank you for your service!

Thank you so much!!  

Post edited by Jinxiibae on
  • Good morning all;  just tried to go through the free download process and it seems to have downloaded 20 products;  not noting if any are purchase products, it implies that all should be installed to run free version with all features for learning your product.  A little cumbersome, as have to be downloaded, then installed;  I had an issue with the Photoshop product as it listed no path found (I assume that is because I do not have that product on this computer).  First question is, "Is the assumption correct that all 20 products are part of the free download as advertised?".    Second, "Will the product work withought the Photoshop Bridge product?".  I have some limited experience with 3D Max Studio in college and would like to dabble some more with my drawing talents in the 3D products, if I can find one that is comfortable learning (not too steep of a learning curve).  Thanks in advance.

First question is, "Is the assumption correct that all 20 products are part of the free download as advertised?".    Second, "Will the product work withought the Photoshop Bridge product?

The Photoshop bridge is for sending images to Photoshop, so if you don;t have Photoshop, there is no point in installing the bridge plugin, and yes, DAZ Studio will work perfectly without it.

There are three main packages that you can download for free with DAZ Studio, Genesis Starter Essentials, Genesis 2 Starter Essentials and Genesis 3 Starter Essentials.   They contain models and clothing, as well as hair and poses for the Genesis range of figures (Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male and Genesis 3 Female)

You should also download the Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio 4.8+, as it contains extras that you will find useful 

You do not need the Content Creator Toolkit or the FBX plugin as they are now part of the main install of DAZ Studio.

• Hello ladies and gents,glad to have finally found the time to dive into the wonderous world of daz.I've had the software on my pc for a while now yet i havent had the time to get familiar with it,so i am very much looking forward to that part.

I've got some history with source filmmaker,been animating in it for a while now,tho i think its time i expand my horizons seeing as how SFM is highly limited in the department of model quality (both functionality and looks).
    I was looking forward to trying my hand at modeling until i discovered that hexagon is not a free part of daz,so i got my eyes open for any and all advice on freeware that would allow me to make my own models and then use them in daz.

Looking forward to learning about daz and eventually sharing my work with you =)

Welcome to the forums thestilla .

If you have any questins, please post them on the New Users Forum.   There are lots of free modelling packages around, you could take a look at Blender and Wings 3D to begin with, but I'm sure others will have more suggestions.

See you on the forums.

• hello!!

Hello mickcortella and welcome, I see you have just joined us.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and I look forward to seeing you on the forums

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Hello all my rl name is Nancy but I want it to be Saphirewild. So plz call me Saphi or Saphire, I have dabbled in Daz now 12 yrs on and off. Got out of it a year ago and regrets it now. I just D/L the newest version and having troubles already it says "Can not find such n such" so it will not load properly. I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to give me a helping hand with this issue? I have a passion for art and 3d art is most beautiful art around and would love to make my mark in the 3d artworld.

Saphirewild

Hello Saphire, and welcome to the forums.

We have a New Users Forum, and you are very welcome to ask any questions that you may have there.   We are always happy to help.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395
    edited October 2015

Welcome to the forum Saphire. Let us know if you have any question by posting a thread here in New Users.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • hello everyone im ED im new to all this 3d rendering but i love to do it I dont understand everything yet but i am also learning a lot as i go i was wondering if you GUYS could give me some advise on up gradeing my labtop i currently have a HP intel(R) Pentium (R) CPU [email protected] GHZ  4.00GB 64Bit Operating System X64-based Processor what would be the best SYSTEM for me to up grade to my MAX is $2000 if that will even be enough.

THANKS,  YOUR  FELLOW   DAZ3D USER

• ola meu nome é Fabricio e gosto muito do DAZ3d

• Hello! I'm Roger and I'm a tattooist. I use Daz to compose and create exactly the right designs for my clients so they have unique tattoos that no one else will have!

• PossumPossum Posts: 4

Ho there, name's possum. I found Daz Studio by accident actually, and I found I really liked the software, I've had an account for a while but I've never posted/shared anything I've rendered here. Hoping to make use good use of the software, and have an aight time around the forums!

Lots of new members, great!

Welcome all, hope to see you all on the New Users Forum soon.

• tirilulatirilula Posts: 5
    edited October 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm Vincent and just started on 3D. I'm also a photographer and I like to draw to show my models what I expect or just lie down what I have in mind. A friend told maybe I should start to think to use Daz and after seeing his potential I saw I can do previex but even more. So here I am :) Hope I'll success to do what I have in mind with it.

For those ewho would be intrested in what I do you can find my photography work here : Link Removed but there's no 3D yet. I'm buying a new PC now to start (Hard time for me to choose, i'll check on threads for recommandations)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • We apologise, but we have had to remove the link to your photos as the site has nudity visible without age filters.

• tizatiza Posts: 9

hello ola all, I am Tiza Gwadess, I decided to learn a 3D software like Daz Studio just only because....guess what...I was fed up with not be able to draw my characters with PS or Manga studio softwares. I discovered DS..like a way heuu not to cheet but..near Lol. No seriously in fact I also have project in illustrating and animating some fics and I would like to do that by dealing with more dynamic functionalities....which 3D soft seem to suit me.

At the beginig I was in Telecom/Compting but my interests in Anime / Sci Fi (both personal and professional) won the match and now I am and working in French FABLAB in caribeean zone...so 3D scanning/printing/animating / gaming is our domain.

I try to complete my skills with collateral/ software like Iclone or 3DS ...but in more slowing rythm..another story, for the moment I prefere enjoy my love story with DAZ.

Glad / hope to see/read you..

Welcome to the forums tiza, you have an interesting career, and an even nicer place to live by the sound of it laugh

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and i hope to see you on the forums soon.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395

Welcome to the forums tiza. If you have any questions just post a thread here in the new user forum and we'll be glad to help out with anything you have.

• IconicFrizzManIconicFrizzMan Posts: 1
    edited October 2015

Hello all!

My name is Darren, but I'm mostly known on the internet as Kiory, I've been a 3D artist for a little under 10 years, mostly in the gaming world. My girlfriend recently brought Daz to my attention, so I gave it a shot and was surprised with the ease of everything, it just works!

My goal here would to become a vendor, I'm always sat at my computer making stuff, it's not really a hobby anymore, I love to create, and yes, I would love to make money creating and turn it into a viable job. I'm confident in my skill to bring everyone here some quality products and I'm pretty excited about the future. Daz seems to allow people like me to flourish and I'm extremely greatful to have that opportunity, so I want to give it a shot, but I understand that ultimately it's up to everyone here who buys, so I figured I'd introduce myself on a first name basis and at least let everyone know my intentions here, I like to be honest, I want to make money doing what I love, it's not a bad thing.

I use a combination of software, but my primary ones are:

• 3DS Max
    • Zbrush
    • Photoshop
    • Quixel suite (looking forward to 2.0 and it's painting features)
    • Marvelous Designer

My focus for the past two to three years has been with the RV Engine, with games such as Arma 2 and Arma 3 as my modding platform, I have created anything from uniforms to weapons and even vehicles. I've actually noticed a serious lack of weapons here, so I'd like to focus some of my attention there and bring some nice assets to you all, other than that, I'd like to get back into uniform creation and whatever else tickles my fancy, I love to model.

Here's a little of my weapons work I did for Arma 3: https://darrenharrison18.artstation.com/

And here's a uniform with vest I made for Arma 3: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/441699835625211307/1B7DA445858C5629A6C25032A2823F74C0182676/

I have a high to low poly workflow, so I'll be creating a lot of assets with displacement and baked normal maps etc.

With that said, I'm pretty excited to get started and becoming a vendor, I understand it's not as simple as just selling stuff, there's a process and I'm willing to do what it takes to get through that process, I hope to get to know a lot of you and I'll see you all soon.

Oh, and before I go, here's a link to my Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/kiory123 You'll see a lot of my content being created there live, where I can communicate with you etc.

Thanks for reading!

Post edited by IconicFrizzMan on
  • n.drju_6d88cb4c15n.drju_6d88cb4c15 Posts: 33
    edited October 2015

Hello everyone,

My name is Andrzej. Long time user, first time commenter. :)

I do most of my work in Planetside's Terragen but that's also when I started using DAZ Studio. I needed some human models in my renders and so made lots of them, exporting those to .obj formats for use in my renders.

However, I recently decided to give DAZ Studio a shot and make some renders with the use of this software. So here I am. :)

Hopefully within the human lifespan I will figure out how to use that Iray thingy... :p

EDIT: Maybe an example of my renders from that other software as means of saying "hello". ;)

Land For Sale.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 341K
    Post edited by n.drju_6d88cb4c15 on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,315

Hello everyone,

My name is Andrzej. Long time user, first time commenter. :)

I do most of my work in Planetside's Terragen but that's also when I started using DAZ Studio. I needed some human models in my renders and so made lots of them, exporting those to .obj formats for use in my renders.

However, I recently decided to give DAZ Studio a shot and make some renders with the use of this software. So here I am. :)

Hopefully within the human lifespan I will figure out how to use that Iray thingy... :p

EDIT: Maybe an example of my renders from that other software as means of saying "hello". ;)

Welcome to the forum. I'm currently trying to get the hang of Iray as well.  Good luck with your renders.

Cheers,

Alex.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,315

Hello all!

My name is Darren, but I'm mostly known on the internet as Kiory, I've been a 3D artist for a little under 10 years, mostly in the gaming world. My girlfriend recently brought Daz to my attention, so I gave it a shot and was surprised with the ease of everything, it just works!

My goal here would to become a vendor, I'm always sat at my computer making stuff, it's not really a hobby anymore, I love to create, and yes, I would love to make money creating and turn it into a viable job. I'm confident in my skill to bring everyone here some quality products and I'm pretty excited about the future. Daz seems to allow people like me to flourish and I'm extremely greatful to have that opportunity, so I want to give it a shot, but I understand that ultimately it's up to everyone here who buys, so I figured I'd introduce myself on a first name basis and at least let everyone know my intentions here, I like to be honest, I want to make money doing what I love, it's not a bad thing.

I use a combination of software, but my primary ones are:

• 3DS Max
    • Zbrush
    • Photoshop
    • Quixel suite (looking forward to 2.0 and it's painting features)
    • Marvelous Designer

My focus for the past two to three years has been with the RV Engine, with games such as Arma 2 and Arma 3 as my modding platform, I have created anything from uniforms to weapons and even vehicles. I've actually noticed a serious lack of weapons here, so I'd like to focus some of my attention there and bring some nice assets to you all, other than that, I'd like to get back into uniform creation and whatever else tickles my fancy, I love to model.

Here's a little of my weapons work I did for Arma 3: https://darrenharrison18.artstation.com/

And here's a uniform with vest I made for Arma 3: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/441699835625211307/1B7DA445858C5629A6C25032A2823F74C0182676/

I have a high to low poly workflow, so I'll be creating a lot of assets with displacement and baked normal maps etc.

With that said, I'm pretty excited to get started and becoming a vendor, I understand it's not as simple as just selling stuff, there's a process and I'm willing to do what it takes to get through that process, I hope to get to know a lot of you and I'll see you all soon.

Oh, and before I go, here's a link to my Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/kiory123 You'll see a lot of my content being created there live, where I can communicate with you etc.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome, Darren. From the sound of it, you know more than I do!

Cheers,

Alex.