DAZ on Windows 10

I have been wondering and I don't know if anyone has tried it. But with Windows 10 coming this week, thought I ask that will DAZ Studio (4.x) will be able to run on Windows 10? Especially for those STILL have Win7 hopefully to upgrade it to windows 10. Thought I might wait until some of the apps have support for Windows 10 (and might have to back up everything before I do so) and until if the reviews come and ask if I SHOULD or SHOULD NOT upgrade to Windows 10.

Comments

• Acudia4151Acudia4151 Posts: 68
    edited July 2015

Ive been Beta testing windows 10 for awhile and have had no issues with daz software and windows 10.

Post edited by Acudia4151 on
  • LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited July 2015

I updated Win 8.1 to Win 10 yesterday (29/7/15) and I had to locate and install Nvidia Drivers for my GPU as Windows 10 didn't seem to be able to find anything apparently.  In that regard for now at least that was probably a good thing as Windows 10 has NO option for turning off Automatic downloads which according to many sources can seriously screw up your Hardware.  Microsoft updates often include Drivers for GPU's, Printers and such and equally often removes the Manufacturers Drivers which may have much more in the way of options - windows drivers tend to be more simplistic and often do not have the same functionality as the manufacturers Drivers

It keeps trying to update my Printer drivers which I did yesterday with the proper full HP update..at present it seems unable to download them.  I can see a vicious circle starting with me installing the proper drivers, Windows 10 overwriting them, me re-installing the proper drivers and so on ad nauseam

I read yesterday that as an example, if you have say two identical GPU's which of course will use the same driver...Windows 10 installs it twice..for each card in other words...Uh!!

Post edited by LeggyBlond on
  • PlebluPleblu Posts: 32

I did a Win 10 clean install and have had no issues with DazStu or my card. I'm running the driver Win 10 downloaded. I havent tried to install Nvidia's softwear because I heard they conflict with eachother and cause crashing.

• LeslieSOsborneLeslieSOsborne Posts: 54
    edited August 2015

I upgraded a Windows 8.* system to Win10 and came across no 'real' issues. I recently finished a series of first-run pics in Daz Studio (graphic novel-ish) in Win10 that I started in Win8.

Initially, I did have an unresolved issue with content not loading/showing the "Smart Content" when I selected the tab. I wasn't sure, at first, if this had something to do with the upgrade. The setting to find these libraries was correct when I checked "Preferences". I worked around the issue for a day.

Now, when I open Daz Studio the Smart Content (tab) is now loading fine on my Win10 system with one noticiable exception... it is loading significantly faster. When I click on an item within a scene (character/prop/scene) the first options show almost instantaneously and secondary options (like clicking on Genesis Starter Essentials or other 'packaged items') open 50% faster.

Hope this helps.

Post edited by LeslieSOsborne on