Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

It's wonderful to meet so many new users- fun backgrounds! The New Users forums has people there to help you, and remember to cruise through the sticky topics at the top of the thread and read through some of that as it will answer many questions. But remember, there's never a stupid question- we've all been newbies before and had the same questions you probably will ask!  Welcome to the forums smiley

Cathie

• Nice welcome words. Good to have your support! smiley

(Prepare to be flooded with Iray questions. Muahaha! devil)

• wispywispy Posts: 2

Hey everyone, where do I start, hmm...well I am loving that Daz studio has Iray render very nice. I am currently learning how to use a variety of 3d software like worldmachine, Unreal engine 4, Maya etc. I am currently self learning and I hope I can pick up some valuable skills from daz studio and improve my skills and enter some competitions. I haven't really taken CG or 3D seriously until now, cause most of the things are free which is very nice. 

I have used Bryce back in the day, very fun to play around with. As for me I have always had a interest in 3D art I just find is facinating how you can apply a texture to something and make it look cartoony or real on the same object, but the math involved does boggle my mind, I am learning photography and this is helping me compose images and work with bokeh! and I love how CG can simulate real cameras is one thing I really like.

Anyway aside from this brief introduction, I look forward to posting some of my images on these forums soon. smiley

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Welcome, Wispy. I look forward to seeing some of your renders.

Cheers,

Alex.

• wispywispy Posts: 2

Welcome, Wispy. I look forward to seeing some of your renders.

Cheers,

Alex.

cheers thanks, I look forward to seeing them too smiley

• Hello all My name is SteelEyes Im not new to the site but have been trying to learn DAZ for God knows how long.  This time I hope to get it down as I am licking the art work I see done in DAZ a bit more then Poser.

I was hoping someone could tell me how to do a complete uninstall of DAZ and start over 

Thanks and looking foward to being here

Steel 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hi, and Welcome to Daz 3D.  I moved your query to the Daz Studio discussion forum, but I could move it into New Users  Help Forum if you prefer.   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/64876/complete-uninstall-reinstall-help-daz-studio

• Hi my name is jonah 

i'm trying to make an animated movie called Maahpishooni ( a persian fairy tale ) 

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HELP IS WELCOMED :D 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Wow Wispy, sounds like you are diving in to a lot of different programs! The New User forum and The Commons will really help with that self learning curve. Looking forward to seeing your progress. And Steel, I know the feeling of lots of time passing, but the good news is, if you're still interested in it, you'll stick to it. And I'd hate to pronounce the name of that Persian fairy tale, but bet it will be nice when it's all done. Welcome to the forums!

Cathie

• Novica said:

Wow Wispy, sounds like you are diving in to a lot of different programs! The New User forum and The Commons will really help with that self learning curve. Looking forward to seeing your progress. And Steel, I know the feeling of lots of time passing, but the good news is, if you're still interested in it, you'll stick to it. And I'd hate to pronounce the name of that Persian fairy tale, but bet it will be nice when it's all done. Welcome to the forums!

Cathie

we need some artists for the backgrounds . it's a 2D-3D animation . all the charachters are 3d but in the final render and after edit they look like 2d classics .

and BTW maahpishooni means Girl With a Face Like The Moon. can anyone help us with backgrounds ? 

• Hello Im Frank and I have never made any digital art and Iamtaking the plunge today. I just downloaded the DAZ Install Manager and got an error message Photoshop 3D bridge - 

• Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.8+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CC, CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. 

Do I need to buy software? 

edited October 2015

Do you have Photoshop? You only need the Photoshop bridge if you have a relevant copy of Photoshop installed.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • What is a good photoshop program for beginners like me that will work with DAZ

Chohole said:

Do you have Photoshop? You only need the Photoshop bridge if you have a relevant copy of Photoshop installed.

Photoshop is both not truly for beginners and quite expensive.  It is basically a paint program.  Daz Studio doesn't need Photoshop in order to work.

• Chohole said:

Photoshop is both not truly for beginners and quite expensive.  It is basically a paint program.  Daz Studio doesn't need Photoshop in order to work.

Whew - didn't feel right dumping $$ just yet

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Chohole said:

Whew - didn't feel right dumping $$ just yet

If/when you are ready to dabble GIMP is free.

• Hipeole of the da world. i been haaving lots of problems using the program,when i get something, most of the time when i try an use it i either get a message saying problem opening this file are the program is missing a file,check in log in files there;s more but can't recall right now. i do know that any zip files 'i;m not aable tpo use them i;m antiting to get a premium ac but not till i ffigure out how to use all my files HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• oh yea i'm Doug from Josha ,Texas

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

Hello Doug, this is just a thread to introduce yourself, and say hello.   Nice to see you here by the way laugh

If you are having problems, please start a new thread in the New Users Forum, explaing what is happening, and I'm sure we will be able to help you.

• Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

• Hello, i like the 3D images and i wish to get a good software for make my comics as this splendid style

What guidances can give me you, friends? thank

Hello, i like the 3D images and i wish to get a good software for make my comics as this splendid style

What guidances can give me you, friends? thank

Hello and welcome to the forums Dinaminzer.

If you have any sepcific questions on how to use DAZ Studio, please post them in the New Users Forum, where we will be glad to help you.

• Hi, I'm Aggro, I've been a professional tattooist and graphic artist for almost 30 years.  I've dabbled in 3D off and on since the late 90s, but used it primarily to generate reference materials for physical art projects.  I found DazStudio to be much more user friendly (and contemporary rendering is much better and faster) than the software I've used in the past, and that has sparked a more serious interest.  As far as inspirations, I'm all over the place, I love science and history, fantasy and science fiction, and mostly, art in general.  Nothing is ever as inspiring to me as a healthy community of artists collaborating and developing together, and I'm enjoying lurking through the forum threads here.

Hello and welcome Aggro, I am glad that you are enjoying the forums.

We have some really helpful members who like helping people to enjoy DAZ Studio as much as they do.

See you on the forums!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Hi, I'm Aggro, I've been a professional tattooist and graphic artist for almost 30 years.  I've dabbled in 3D off and on since the late 90s, but used it primarily to generate reference materials for physical art projects.  I found DazStudio to be much more user friendly (and contemporary rendering is much better and faster) than the software I've used in the past, and that has sparked a more serious interest.  As far as inspirations, I'm all over the place, I love science and history, fantasy and science fiction, and mostly, art in general.  Nothing is ever as inspiring to me as a healthy community of artists collaborating and developing together, and I'm enjoying lurking through the forum threads here.

Hello Aggro, Welcome to the newest and biggest addiction of your life. Daz for me is just that a big addiction as I have been with Daz now for almost 12 yrs now off and on and it has come along way since I first got into it.

• FredyFredy Posts: 3

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

OLÁ MEU NOME É FREDY,

ESTOU TENDO PROBLEMA PARA MODIFICAR O TEMPO DA TIME LINE, COMECEI UM TRABALHO COM 30 SEGUNDO E NÃO DANDO ALTEREI PARA 120SEG,

O PROBLEMA É QUE NÃO CONSIGO REESCALAR O TEMPO DOS MOVIMENTOS JÁ MONTADO ? QUE FAZER TEREI QUE COMEÇAR DO ZERO ?

COMO ALTERAR O TEMPO DNA TIME LINE  SEM PERDER A SEQUEÊNCIA DOS MOVIMENTO JÁ EDITADO.

OBRIGADO.

• Hello, I'm Phil. I don't have great visual arts skills generally - can't draw on paper or computer - so Daz3D seems like it might have been made for me. Some of the renders I've seen on art sites are amazing.

• hello im yvonne.. i wanted to download the new version of dazstudio beta 4 9..but i ended up with a lot of download i dont need..and i still don't have the new one..could you please let me know what im suppose to do..thank you so much

• Hi , I am Latonya and I am trying to set up a web site for a fundraiser  I do not know how to use the software  can anyone explain for me how to use this product also are the imiages I purchase workable on any web page builder

hello im yvonne.. i wanted to download the new version of dazstudio beta 4 9..but i ended up with a lot of download i dont need..and i still don't have the new one..could you please let me know what im suppose to do..thank you so much

Hello yvonne, and welcome to the forums.

If you have any questions about the software, please ask them on the New Users Forum in a new thread.   You would need to explain what you downloaded exactly.   The beta version can only be downloaded using the DIM (DAZ Install Manager)